Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan (2920 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Deeman87: 5:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Notable elders of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) are no longer glossing over the raging crisis in the party.

And they have put the blame for the turbulence in the party on President Goodluck Jonathan, whom they accused of failing to show a mastering of intra-party crisis management.

Consequently, the elders who are mostly founding fathers of the party, said the defection that has swept across the PDP within a month, had shown that something urgent must be done to save the  party form total collapse.

LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt that among the options being considered by the founding fathers is to stop Jonathan from flying the PDP flag in the 2015 presidential election.

According to them, this is the most feasible way of keeping the party afloat at the centre and building confidence in those that have left or plan to leave to return and remain in the PDP.

Lately, the PDP has faced a formidable challenge from the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) as the party, formed barely six months ago, has become the entry point for aggrieved members of the ruling party.

Five PDP governors and 37 members of the House of Representatives have so far dumped the PDP have dumped for the APC. With the development, APC has clinched the majority seats in the Lower Chamber with 172 to PDP’s 171.

Worried by these developments, the concerned party elders, LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt have resolved to “advise” President Jonathan to opt out of the 2015 presidential race to “save the PDP from being disgraced out of office.”

A founding father of the PDP confided in our correspondent last night that the challenges faced by the party were due to the refusal of the presidency and the PDP hierarchy to accept certain critical decisions taken to salvage the party.

According to him, two things now pose challenges to the PDP - allowing President Jonathan to contest and “lose the election in the face of the current crisis and advising him to step aside and search for a credible successor to re-bounce the party to its former position.”

He said: “All these things that are happening now some of us predicted them long time ago, especially before the ranks of the PDP governors split just before the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF’s) election because we saw it all coming and we warned against some actions, but some of us were taken as enemies who wanted someone out of office either as chairman or whatever.

“I can tell you authoritatively that as things are now, drastic measures have to be taken to save the party and no one should be scared to say the truth because our refusal to say the truth has largely been responsible for where we have found ourselves.

“If you look at the demands of the G-7 governors, two things were very topical - and that is the resignation of Tukur as national chairman of the PDP and that the president should not contest.

“The view of some of us was that we should pick one of the two and sacrifice one for the other, but all our pleas have always fallen on deaf ears because of the lust for lies on the part of some of our members who misinterpret issues as they arise,” he said.

The elder continued: “Now before our very eyes, five governors have abandoned the party; as if that is not enough, 37 lawmakers have also defected. Can we still say we don’t have problems in the party?

The only way out of this debacle is for us to come out courageous and say the truth as things have reached a point that any measure to save the party should be seen as important as saving the ambition of an individual.

“The only way for us to come out strong as a party is to humbly advise the president to save the PDP from being disgraced in 2015 because what is happening now is like a wild fire that might not extinguish easily unless we take steps to make some painful sacrifices to save the party,” he said.

The source, who is a pro-Jonathan party elder, said some selected elders of the PDP would have audience with President Jonathan shortly after the New Year and explore the possibilities of having him to consider their position.

LEADERSHIP Sunday learnt that once the president acceded to the position of the elders, a subtle search for a successor would commence in earnest.

Among those in the new clamour, which the source, called Third Force, are a former Senate president, a former minister and some members of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT).

Source:

http://leadership.ng/news/221213/2015-pdp-elders-move-stop-jonathan
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by vanhelsing2099(m): 5:53am On Dec 22, 2013
1st page tinx

Snoring gggggrrrrrr
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 5:58am On Dec 22, 2013
APC = New PDP = PDP acclaimed Elders = Power must return back to the north come 2015.

When will these Oligarchs accept the reality and move on?

I don't believe it's possible to stop an incumbent President in Africa who is constitutionally qualified to contest a second term from doing so.

If I may ask, who are PDP elders without Abubaka Remi, Solomon Lar (dead), Audu Ogbeh (now APC), Alex Ekwueme and other G18 members?

6 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by whirlwind7(m): 6:04am On Dec 22, 2013
I wonder what "credible" candidate PDP can come up with in the event that GEJ decides not to run.
PDP with all it stand for always leaves a horrible taste in the mouth.
They are rotten through and through.

Having many of it's members defect to APC makes things worse.
One bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

APC in a marriage with PDP.......Nigeria is still in shackles.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by madamoringo(f): 6:05am On Dec 22, 2013
Barely 6 months ago, some irresponsible phools were telling Nigerians that the only choice we have in our lives is PDP. They said that APC would soon collapse. They said they were strange bed fellows pretending as though the quality of any party in a country is not a direct reflection of the people of that same country. Okugbe, Agbati, insincerestupid9erian, ikenagow, onlylies, and many other paid losers kept crying for their daily bread that PDP and this same retardeen president is their J----s of okrika! Today, the PDP has been effectively strapped with an atomic bomb with the detonator in the firm hands of everyone else but the PDP! Happy detonation and destruction PDP and may you go up in smoke ** lau ** never to coagulate and and agglomerate again. LWTMB grin grin

13 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by madamoringo(f): 6:14am On Dec 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: When will these Oligarchs accept the reality and move on?

I don't believe it's possible to stop an incumbent President in Africa who is constitutionally qualified to contest a second term from doing so.

Are you little retardeeness slaves ni or na curse? Is it only your masters (as in people that think like slaves just like you) bewitched that you can never dare to set a new paradigm and do something different so far it is for the common good but you expect you master for them to always show positive examples while you remain primitive cavemen? Is there no law that says no one can be president for more than 2 terms spanning a period of 8 years? Retardeen's time in Aso Rock started counting since 2007 and he became president within that term and now has another term, so obviously by law, he cannot seek office beyond 2015.

Well maybe for a performing president that is leading the country in the direction of economic prosperity, superior reckoning among the leading countries of the world, fighting and killing corruption, perhaps the voice of the simple majority of people may give some reason to want to argue in favour but as it is, GEJ is dead in water and must go!

9 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by nduchucks: 6:21am On Dec 22, 2013
madam_oringo:

Are you little retardeeness slaves ni or na curse? Is it only your masters (as in people that think like slaves just like you) bewitched that you can never dare to set a new paradigm and do something different so far it is for the common good but you expect you master for them to always show positive examples while you remain primitive cavemen? Is there no law that says no one can be president for more than 2 terms spanning a period of 8 years? Retardeen's time in Aso Rock started counting since 2007 and he became president within that term and now has another term, so obviously by law, he cannot seek office beyond 2015.

Well maybe for a performing president that is leading the country in the direction of economic prosperity, superior reckoning among the leading countries of the world, fighting and killing corruption, perhaps the voice of the simple majority of people may give some reason to want to argue in favour but as it is, GEJ is dead in water and must go!

Indeed. The man would have ruled Nigeria for 6 full years by 2015, yet he wants to subject us to another 4 years of this

It is clear to me that if this man rules Nigeria for 10 years, we are surely done for. The good news is that a self inflicted peaceful coup has already taken place and he MUST go, come 2015.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Goddex: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2013
[size=16pt]Leadership Newspaper, who are these faceless PDP elders? Nonsense story[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 6:27am On Dec 22, 2013
Please, whenever you wish to quote my comment(s) just be a bit civil.

I know you use to be a honourable man, I implore you not to allow Nairaland rascality affect your choice of words.

Let's keep our debate courteous and polite.

Thank you.

madam_oringo:

Are you little retardeeness slaves ni or na curse? Is it only your masters (as in people that think like slaves just like you) bewitched that you can never dare to set a new paradigm and do something different so far it is for the common good

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Akpaife(m): 6:33am On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ must contest under PDP let d boat sink
Them frustrated GEJ d day he became d president of Nig till now

Tell me wht GEJ never done 4 Nig

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 6:39am On Dec 22, 2013
If he is returned. What other options are in your offing.

Let's just stop over-heating the polity and allow him finish his first term. May be, somehow, his scorecard will invalidate or consolidate his aspiration.

ndu_chucks:
The good news is that a self inflicted peaceful coup has already taken place and he MUST go, come 2015.
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by jamace(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2013
Haba Leadership Newspaper!! Name the elders and let Nigerians know. GEJ is a true democrat who has allowed free flow of information. If leadership cannot name names, then story is a total lie.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 6:54am On Dec 22, 2013
Bla bla bla, i hv desire bt hv refusd 4 any1 to fan d ember of my desire. 2015 will tell.
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by nduchucks: 6:55am On Dec 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: If he is returned. What other options are in your offing.

Let's just stop over-heating the polity and allow him finish his first term. May be, somehow, his scorecard will invalidate or consolidate his aspiration.

Only the Anambra type of rigging can return GEJ in 2015, that is if he survives 'till then. We must allow our democracy to thrive under the constitution we have while we amend it as we move forward. If GEJ commits impeacheable crimes then he must face impeachment if necessary. The handwriting is on the wall, GEJ cannot come back in 2015. 6 years of this are quite enough, thank you very much.
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by atlwireles: 6:58am On Dec 22, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Indeed. The man would have ruled Nigeria for 6 full years by 2015, yet he wants to subject us to another 4 years of this

It is clear to me that if this man rules Nigeria for 10 years, we are surely done for. The good news is that a self inflicted peaceful coup has already taken place and he MUST go, come 2015.

The people's coup is waiting till 2015. You and your born to rule brothers will have no choice but hang yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by jeffizy(m): 7:04am On Dec 22, 2013
»» The self-immolition of PDP is quite unfortunate.
It is the result of a conglomerate of greed , selfishness , insincerity and lack of internal democracy.

»» I admonish APC not to rejoice into the night yet, for they still have more than a mile to go.The pot must not rejoice at the misfortune of a basket during the rain.

»» Will the Nigerian political class learn from this?
I doubt it. Individualism and self-interest is their nemesis.
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by mu2sa2: 7:17am On Dec 22, 2013
Akpa ife: GEJ must contest under PDP let d boat sink
Them frustrated GEJ d day he became d president of Nig till now

Tell me wht GEJ never done 4 Nig
Gej exhibited weak, clueless leadership by failing to arrest the crisis within pdp. We are not even talking about national issues of corruption, insecurity, collapse of infrastructure etc left unaddressed. For his incompetence, now is the payback time for the erstwhile shoeless fellow.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Ezedon(m): 7:23am On Dec 22, 2013
before i comment, lets wait and see the new year presents GEJ will give to NIGERIANS this time
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:23am On Dec 22, 2013
Anything to stop the drift is welcome.
#teamkickoutcluelesness

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Omexonomy: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2013
You are wasting ur time. I want you to know one thing in nairaland.
Any f00l can sit in his toilet discusing politics quoting and insulting pèople from the comfort of thier toilet.
Ngwakwe: Please, whenever you wish to quote my comment(s) just be a bit civil.

I know you use to be a honourable man, I implore you not to allow Nairaland rascality affect your choice of words.

Let's keep our debate courteous and polite.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Omexonomy: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2013
atlwireles:

The people's coup is waiting till 2015. You and your born to rule brothers will have no choice but hang yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
gbam! gbama!! gbamest!!!
Both slave and master will drink otapia that day.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by taharqa: 8:18am On Dec 22, 2013
PROPAGANDA ALERT...
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by JulianBond007: 8:44am On Dec 22, 2013
jamace: Haba Leadership Newspaper!! Name the elders and let Nigerians know. GEJ is a true democrat who has allowed free flow of information. If leadership cannot name names, then story is a total lie.
. True democrat my right yansh!! He is yet to name names of Bokoharam members in his government and you're blabbing about being a democrat? Tell that to the birds!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 22, 2013
madam_oringo: Barely 6 months ago, some irresponsible phools were telling Nigerians that the only choice we have in our lives is PDP. They said that APC would soon collapse. They said they were strange bed fellows pretending as though the quality of any party in a country is not a direct reflection of the people of that same country. Okugbe, Agbati, insincerestupid9erian, ikenagow, onlylies, and many other paid losers kept crying for their daily bread that PDP and this same retardeen president is their J----s of okrika! Today, the PDP has been effectively strapped with an atomic bomb with the detonator in the firm hands of everyone else but the PDP! Happy detonation and destruction PDP and may you go up in smoke ** lau ** never to coagulate and and agglomerate again. LWTMB grin grin
What is this PDP? Is PDP a living matter that is governing Nigeria by itself? Is PDP synonymous with Jonathan? Is PDP not a group of people who decided to call themselves PDP? And if these same group of people or some of them decides to call themselves APC tomorrow, what difference does it make?

If you change the name "Nigeria" to "United States of America", will that amount to any change in the life of you and I? Will that automatically bring progress and development? Will that usher in the era of stable power supply? Will that make the geographical location previously known as Nigeria transform to the United States Of America that you and I know?

I think, if you and I are to be sincere, the current happening in the polity should sadden the hearts of all those who have previously campaigned for APC as the change we need. But if you think that Jonathan is the problem with Nigeria and that removing him thru any means possible is the objective, then I wish you goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2013
We should stop deceiving ourselves and say the truth. Nigeria is a sinking ship under the command of the crown prince of otuoke.

Am not for once supporting Apc because they are any different from those criminals in th pdp but at least they are the only party that recognise our dire situation as a country. Gej is busy thinking about how to remain in power while Nigeria is at risk of disintegration.

Come 2015 bro jona would have spent six years as president of this country which is enough for any serious leader to write his name in gold and make Nigerians beg him to continue. but rather he choose the path taken by men like obj, ibb, bode george etal.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Gamji007: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2013
Intervening when it is too late.

Expecting them to abandon the sinking ship! cheesy
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2013
Reski: We should stop deceiving ourselves and say the truth. Nigeria is a sinking ship under the command of the crown prince of otuoke.

Am not for once supporting Apc because they are any different from those criminals in th pdp but at least they are the only party that recognise our dire situation as a country. Gej is busy thinking about how to remain in power while Nigeria is at risk of disintegration.

Come 2015 bro jona would have spent six years as president of this country which is enough for any serious leader to write his name in gold and make Nigerians beg him to continue. but rather he choose the path taken by men like obj, ibb, bode george etal.

Nigerian is a sinking ship? By what parameters? It seems you'r a comedian.

What was Nigeria in 2007 when we conducted the worst elections ever witnessed by mankind? What was Nigeria prior to 2010 when GEJ became president? A safe haven? The most industsalized nation on earth? A nation deviod of Boko Haram? A nation with good democratic credentials? A nation that conducts free and fair elections? A corrupt free nation? A very secure nation? Pls explain.

Can you point to ONE good thing that GEJ inherited as president in 2010 that was allowed to decay or rot away under his watch? Is it good network of roads (Abuja-Lokoja, Enugu-PH, Lagos-Ibadan, Lagos-Badagry,Kano-Maiduguri,etc)? Was it a functioning railway system? Was it booming sports industry? Was stable power supply? Was it sound education or health system? Was it the electoral system or the polity? Did Nigerians ever witness their votes count before GEJ came to power? Name one sector that was in good shape when GEJ came to power (apart from Telecoms which is largely private sector driven)?

Nigeria cannot be said to be sinking under a govt that is trying to fix all of the problematic sectors he inherited in a country where certain sections have sworn to make the country ungovernaable. This govt is fixing all the decayed sectors it inherited, including roads, railways, aviation, sports, education,etc.

I hope you can see how hopelessly silly you and all those who think like you are.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by awodman: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
The day I learnt Sam Isaiah-Ndah(Publisher of Leadership Newspaper) is an APC chieftain(he is actually among the team that went to woo Atiku earlier this week)..I stopped taking any "exclusive" poo from his junk newspaper serious

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by Waspy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
GEJ will rather have PDP in pieces than forgo his unrealistic 2015 agenda and now the PDP members are getting wiser. What happened with Anambra election drives home more points

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
well said n analysed. pls all those against jonathan should explain his sins.
Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by tosan200(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
awodman: The day I learnt Sam Isaiah-Ndah(Publisher of Leadership Newspaper) is an APC chieftain(he is actually among the team that went to woo Atiku earlier this week)..I stopped taking any "exclusive" poo from his junk newspaper serious
Premium -Apc
Punch-Apc
Vanguard-Apc
Sahara-Apc
Nation-Apc
Now leadership you people are just shameless and hate the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan by jmaine: 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: APC = New PDP = PDP acclaimed Elders = Power must return back to the north come 2015.

When will these Oligarchs accept the reality and move on?

If I may ask, who are PDP elders without Abubaka Remi, Solomon Lar (dead), Audu Ogbeh (now APC), Alex Ekwueme and other G18 members?

This is a wise man . . . . . . grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil 55$ Per Barrel / Wike, Patience Jonathan Loot, Paralyze Nddc:agency Can’t Pay Salaries / Tinubu Knows About Funsho Williams Murder - Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.