Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,616 members, 7,975,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 02:36 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91794 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ronalmagic10(m): 2:25am On Dec 23, 2013
Sesan2: The third reason why I must reply you in writing is that your letter is clearly a threat to national security as it may deliberately or inadvertently set the stage for subversion.

Absolute tosh. The unchecked corruption and lack of security within the country, coupled with the lack of clear directions in dealing with them (especially corruption), is more likely to cause subversion. Nobody wrote letters to the presidents of Tunisia, Egypt and Libya before the people of those countries decided to take action.

No one is stopping you from starting the revolution. Go and set yourself on fire. Mtcheew

6 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by isi4(m): 2:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Ok, Mr President has finally replied OBJ...so enough of the letter writing competition!!! So let us remind our President,Governors,Senators Reps.That we voted them in for the purpose of giving us the benefits of democracy and not open letters competition.
Most governors don't even talk abt projects again!!! undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by onoja12: 2:39am On Dec 23, 2013
except you are Goodluck there is practically nothing you can do and if you are the Goodluck then there is practically nothing you want to do cause in the end does down the ladder are only acting the script from the top
ronalmagic10:

Mr man, tell us the name of the minister and so-called senior special adviser so that we'll understand you better. It's very easy for anyone to claim that they just had dinner with obama in a public forum. Expose the people with proof or you are just lying. Maybe you have a problem in comprehending a simple letter, read it over and over again
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Truckpusher(m): 2:41am On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo: Jonathan did not address Obsanjo's allegations. What he has done is to just repeat the allegations and denied doing them. He tried to give Obsanjo some body shots while doing it. I don't see this a good response to what Obasanjo asked in his letter.

Jonathan failed to address the corruption allegations i.e Stellah Oduah and co....

Jonathan failed to address his talk about only Ibos voted for him and Ibos being his backbone....

Jonathan failed to address the allegation of Al-Mustapha release....

Jonathan failed to address the insecurity questions in the country....

Jonathan failed to answer the question of supporting opposition parties with the promise that they support him for re-election...

Jonathan failed to address the problem he caused in Rivers State as sitting Governor, Amaechi is being humiliated by police and GEJ loyalists...

Jonathan has failed to address the allegation of weapons being shipped to Enugu and not the rest of the country.......

There are more questions to be answered.
Are you done ranting?.......now you can make a hangman's noose grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by papaejima1: 2:47am On Dec 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

What is he afraid of?

Why all the side-brush....why not let go off the gloves and come with a direct response. You don't necessarily have to ascribe your own meanings to what he wrote.

There wasn't any ambiguity in OBJ letter...but this is opened to many interpretations.....as you are doing.
Must everyone be an agbero like you?
Anyway, interprete the letter whichever way you want.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by kettykin: 2:47am On Dec 23, 2013
Goodluck thanks for your reply but it came late and it was really toned down not to be insulting.
For those saying Abati wrote the letter, why did it take Abati 3 weeks to compose the reply, Goodluck thank you for opening the eyes of nigerians on the dimka failed coup that ushered in corrupt generals in to the nigerian top most heirachy.

Obasanjo should come and explain what happened to murtala mohammed

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ope2711(m): 2:53am On Dec 23, 2013
hotwax: Fool. A disgrace to Nigerian. The clueless one. We will see how your Igbo brothers will vote you in. Hausa and Yorubas are rethinking.
don't mind those fools"PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE (PDP)" let's wait and see.....

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by bill2013: 2:55am On Dec 23, 2013
I am impressed with the response of GEJ... He is quite humble and respectful though, with enough points to back up his defense.
We must not forget that obj made a public statement before his exit that Nigerians would appreciate his government better after he might have left office. Likening himself to ChurchHill of England. He is trying to credit himself at this point. These guys believe they can always control this country from their country homes after retirement. Now that the people who failed the nation are gathered together lets be wise and apply wisdom when we support or vote for any party. These guys have taken us for rides since independence.

Who would be the candidate of APC? Only Fashola is credible enough because he has been tested and trusted, judging from his performance so far. It would be very interesting if they appoint him as APC candidate, otherwise no chance for those folks out there who in the past let this great country down, due to incompetence currupt practises and selfish gain.

That is my own opinion concerning the issue at hand.
"Lets be wise..."

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by bill2013: 2:56am On Dec 23, 2013
I am impressed with the response of GEJ... He is quite humble and respectful though, with enough points to back up his defense.
We must not forget that obj made a public statement before his exit that Nigerians would appreciate his government better after he might have left office. Likening himself to ChurchHill of England. He is trying to credit himself at this point. These guys believe they can always control this country from their country homes after retirement. Now that the people who failed the nation are gathered together lets be wise and apply wisdom when we support or vote for any party. These guys have taken us for rides since independence.

Who would be the candidate of APC? Only Fashola is credible enough because he has been tested and trusted, judging from his performance so far. It would be very interesting if they appoint him as APC candidate, otherwise no chance for those folks out there who in the past let this great country down, due to incompetence currupt practises and selfish gain.

That is my own opinion concerning the issue at hand.
"Lets be wise..."
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by olanshi: 2:56am On Dec 23, 2013
I never like Politics, Politician are always very corny...

Well, Lets Unite PEACEFULLY TO BRING THIS COUNTRY (NIGERIA) TO A GREATER HEIGHT!

But please what is the true meaning of "Carrot and Stick"
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ihesiabaobinna: 3:04am On Dec 23, 2013
OBJ is only trying to be politically relevant, Amaechi is always seeking for public sympathy while he is busy doing the underground bad works. Northerns had ruled this country for 8 years, westerns had ruled for 2 years, eastern had ruled for 2 years and the southerns are just there for their first time. My question is among all the groups in Nigeria which group should be power testy?
Why is OBJ afraid of Nigeria disintegrating come 2015? Since in Nigeria its always good and constitutional for a Northern or western to rule then let other groups find a separate government. I bet you after the National conference there will no Nigeria in African map.
OBJ talking about corruption, what happen between him and his son's daughter? What happened when he mastermind the kidnapping of formal governor of Anambra state Christ Ngige? What was the major problem he had with Atiku? What is the proximate cause of the death our first lady Late stella Obasanjo? What is the true problem between him and formal Abia state governor Orji Uzo Kalu? How many army generals die in a plane crash when he was the president? What was his agreement with formal Rivers state governor Peter Odili that made Peter Odili politically incommunicado till date? And what's the major problem between him and formal senator in Imo state Ifeanyi Godwill Araruma? We have the likes of Gen Abusalami Abubarka who handed over power and maintain the respect of the best power hand over and since then stay out from leadership, why can't OBJ do such? Tomorrow when his no more people will now comparing him with Mandela. APC is an association and not a political party, until APC give out there tickets for 2015 election only then we will know what the association will look like with Owelle Rochas eyeing presidency or Vice, and Rotimi Amaechi eyeing the same thing, Buhari eyeing the same thing, Atiku @67 still eyeing the same thing, Tunibu eyeing senate president seat, Ogbonna Onu eyeing APC party chairman, and other political under wears under APC who still want to follow fast link to Aso rock.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tochstorm(m): 3:04am On Dec 23, 2013
soe:
GEJ SIMPLY MEANS : OBJ...you know you were corrupt and that's muritala wanted to remove you, no wonder you killed him and took over power. You even killed dimka to cover up....Waoh!!! Gej you are bold oo..but hope you know you are creating enemies with past leaders...the only friend Gej has now is Gowon who feels OBJ owes for overthrowing his regime...Nawa o...Gej has said so much to rubbish OBJ...and so..he has bitten the fingers that fed him...obviously I know some people are brainwashing him...it will be too late when he discovers... I know OBJ to be Mr Never forgive.. And I know he will turn many people against Gej asap...if OBJ could finish abacha...from the prison oo...then Gej needs to watch his back very closely this time. Even Atiku knows this...

You know why I like Nairaland? It is because I have a feeling that whatever we say on frontpage gets straight to those in Power, they all read our frontpage comment. Now, Talking To GEJ and OBJ...the two of you should part ways and let us see whether it is Obasanjo that determines the Next President, or it is any Sitting President that determines it. Ah Ah, according to history, Only OBJ has decided which civilian to rule, He put Shagari, He put Himself, He put Yar'Adua, He put GEJ....only one man fa!...Now, I want to know the truth, is OBJ the one in charge? or is it the Incumbent President that decides...mind you Mr Gej...Old soldier never die oo,,,.as long as OBJ na Soldier, forget, He would have stronger links in the army than you ooo..therefore, do not attempt any military or police war against these fmr heads of state, I am begging you. Me I am just saying my own oo, am just keeping it REAL....koledowo...did i tell you to say that? lol
you sir is full of crap
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by BSF: 3:07am On Dec 23, 2013
Carrot and stick=Rewards and punishment combined to get good result in a situation.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tpia5: 3:09am On Dec 23, 2013
my post on the other letter/s applies here.

it does not make sense for me to be drinking garri and at the same time, start making noise over the fact that our rich, influential and well fed leaders suddenly developed a liking for letter writers.

those who are enjoying the national cake should jump in at any time.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tochstorm(m): 3:13am On Dec 23, 2013
prez jonathan won his election. For as for "baba" wuru wuru, I don't know. I was 19 then. When i registered, and voted for gudluck. If you ask me. "baba" wuru wuru. Might/may have been mislead/misinformed.
As for the letters they've both proven that they wrote letter durring their wassce.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by reflx(m): 3:15am On Dec 23, 2013
"FINISH HiM" in MK's voice
grin
Now this is a Letter!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tochstorm(m): 3:19am On Dec 23, 2013
reflx: "FINISH HiM" in MK's voice
grin
Now this is a Letter!!!
grin
Now this is a Letter!!!
fatality!
grin
Now this is a Letter!!!

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by stantob(m): 3:20am On Dec 23, 2013
hotwax: Fool. A disgrace to Nigerian. The clueless one. We will see how your Igbo brothers will vote you in. Hausa and Yorubas are rethinking.

Think well before you type.
From which tribes are the former leaders that kept Nigeria in this sorry state?

G.E.J is not a magician .
Corruption has eaten deep like a cankerworm into the marrows of the citizens of our great nation.
Any person that finds himself in any position use the opportunity to loot.
What does O.B.J want G.E.J to do? O.B.J and his cohorts in the north are the source of all the problems in Nigeria
including sponsoring all the Bokoharam attacks in the north, Kidnapping and Niger Delta crisis in the South.
A common man in the street cannot have access to sophisticated weapons, someone provides them and even see to it that they go free even when caught, so give G.E.J space to steer the affairs of this great nation to the right part.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tochstorm(m): 3:28am On Dec 23, 2013
oddy4real:
How did he fail to address issues? Cant you read??
he needs glasses i'll borrow him mine.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tochstorm(m): 3:33am On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo:

Liar! You didn't have to tell us your tribe or who you voted for. Stop lying or get hit by thunder cool
shut up and sit boy.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by lorddeni: 3:34am On Dec 23, 2013
Waoh!!!

So, let me get this straight, GEJ in his puzzling ramble of a response inserts a totally defenseless statement of an event when he was, in his own words, still the shoeless teenager of Otuoke and you dumb herd just jump on the bandwagon. Do you realistically think with the Hausa-Fulani dominated officers cadre in the army back then, a counter coup wouldn't have taken place swiftly I mean, this was the army of the Babangidas, Abachas, Buharis, Gusaus as Colonels with the Danjumas and Yar'aduas higher up.

You guys might want to study the counter-coup of 1966 to begin with. You might also want to learn from that counter-coup that if Aguiyi-Ironsi had not detained the Jan '66 coupists in the East & promptly executed Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna & co as northern officers and elders were requesting, just like Obj did with Dimka, Bisalla & co, just maybe he might have been able to prevent the counter-coup by proving he wasn't trying to shield the coupists or even a suspected collaborator of the first coup in the first place.

Lawd, where is the sense of history of some of you

So, middle belt mid-cadre officers with the backing of a Bisalla, who felt slighted by being overlooked in the bazaar peer promotion by Muritala & Obj after the Gowon ouster, struck to kill Muritala to prevent Obj going to jail all with the alleged knowledge of a Gowon who had only been ousted 6/7 months earlier by the same Muritala/Obj/Danjuma group he had so pampered after the war.

Jeez!!! Some people are really so gullible as to follow Jona into a ditch without thinking for a moment.

PS:

Still don't want to believe GEJ wrote that nonsense of a response. The intellect behind such a response to Obj's detailed letter can't be of someone worthy to lead a nation as diverse and complicated as this. The man couldn't even present the budget, can imagine what he will do if the house asks him to come defend the many baseless accusations he's dished out in this letter. It's like the man doesn't even realise the implications of some of the clearly baseless accusations he's made in his response. Hope he hasn't already walked into the trap of those who want to impeach him straight away with his obvious manufacturing of facts like he thinks he was replying a high-school letter.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by tochstorm(m): 3:38am On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo:

I can't believe your are showcasing the stupidity and cluelessness that is synonymous with your family.
ok. U calling out his family is a-childish despiration.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Arafel: 3:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Well said Mr President! cool Anyone claiming that the president's response makes no sense is a polarized buffoon! As for who did the writing on behalf or the president is irrelevant, this is not an English essay competition, don't be talking like you don't know he is the president and like every leader is entitled to a team of assistants! So to typing nonsense and distractions!

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ihesiabaobinna: 3:47am On Dec 23, 2013
APC

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by EbirichBen(m): 3:50am On Dec 23, 2013
In One Word: :Obj
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ihesiabaobinna: 3:52am On Dec 23, 2013
APC

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by kettykin: 3:56am On Dec 23, 2013
lorddeni: Waoh!!!

So, let me get this straight, GEJ in his puzzling ramble of a response inserts a totally defenseless statement of an event when he was, in his own words, still the shoeless teenager of Otuoke and you dumb herd just jump on the bandwagon. Do you realistically think with the Hausa-Fulani dominated officers cadre in the army back then, a counter coup wouldn't have taken place swiftly I mean, this was the army of the Babangidas, Abachas, Buharis, Gusaus as Colonels with the Danjumas and Yar'aduas higher up.

You guys might want to study the counter-coup of 1966 to begin with. You might also want to learn from that counter-coup that if Aguiyi-Ironsi had not detained the Jan '66 coupists in the East & promptly executed Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna & co as northern officers and elders were requesting, just like Obj did with Dimka, Bisalla & co, just maybe he might have been able to prevent the counter-coup by proving he wasn't trying to shield the coupists or even a suspected collaborator of the first coup in the first place.

Lawd, where is the sense of history of some of you

So, middle belt mid-cadre officers with the backing of a Bisalla, who felt slighted by being overlooked in the bazaar peer promotion by Muritala & Obj after the Gowon ouster, struck to kill Muritala to prevent Obj going to jail all with the alleged knowledge of a Gowon who had only been ousted 6/7 months earlier by the same Muritala/Obj/Danjuma group he had so pampered after the war.

Jeez!!! Some people are really so gullible as to follow Jona into a ditch without thinking for a moment.

PS:

Still don't want to believe GEJ wrote that nonsense of a response. The intellect behind such a response to Obj's detailed letter can't be of someone worthy to lead a nation as diverse and complicated as this. The man couldn't even present the budget, can imagine what he will do if the house asks him to come defend the many baseless accusations he's dished out in this letter. It's like the man doesn't even realise the implications of some of the clearly baseless accusations he's made in his response. Hope he hasn't already walked into the trap of those who want to impeach him straight away with his obvious manufacturing of facts like he thinks he was replying a high-school letter.

If Obasanjo was not in the loop or in the know about the coup why was he hiding and was conspicuously missing from office the date of the coup. The coup against ironsi succeeded simply because ironsi didn't take good care of his personal security if he did that coup the would have remained in the planning stage forever or would have equally triggered an arm struggle with in the army.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Archilouis(m): 3:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Hmmm....
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Perfectbright: 4:05am On Dec 23, 2013
people like you are nt only saddist but fools in human clothing,and if u thinks dat yorubas and hausa have united to take power come 2015, u will be surprise they will crush as a pack of card, ur ego will be deflated, then u will knw neva to toy with isreali origin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Mr.Jonathan,please continue taking your medicine after burial.Naïve old man,this Jonathan.He swallowed OBJ's bait wholesale.Desperation for power.Abacha and Jonathan just alike.You make sworn enemies unite against you,you are finished.Obviously,Jonathan never joined in the fight for democracy like OBJ.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by lorddeni: 4:27am On Dec 23, 2013
Seriously though, just how clueless, or maybe blindly sentimental, are some of you guys.

It was a Friday morning-these were young soldiers under 40 with the odd fortune of running a country of tens of millions. You think they were at thier desks by 7a.m. poring over their many developmental plans for the country Seriously ketty If Muritala, who was famed for being a stand-up, no-nonsense officer was on his way to his office as at the time he was killed, how can you then purport that by Obj, a self-acknowledged man of many deficiencies, not being in his office early means he must have been an accomplice. Perhaps you need to see beyond your nose and familiarize yourself with the story of the driver who smuggled Obj out of his official residence or tales of TY Danjuma himself of Obj being so distraught after the coup and how the man just wanted to retire and go home to snap yourself out of your delusions.

Now contrast that with an Ironsi, after the Jan. '66 coup got foiled. Your boy demanded to have power handed over to him even after the existing political structure at the time had survived unparalleled mortal blows to manage to throw up Bukar Dipcharima as Balewa's successor. He then proceeded to puzzlingly send the coupists to the East in such a divided and tensed nation, refused to promptly try or execute them as requested by northern officers and leaders, failed to clamp down swiftly on insanely provocative statements, pictures or songs about our assassinated leaders which led to the pogrom and then declared a unitary state we've never recovered from till date.

That's right for those who do not know about history- the battle for resource control actually has its roots in Ironsi's missteps, not someone of the much-maligned Hausa/Fulani stock. Because it meant that every other government that came after realising the enormously concentrated resources at the centre simply became unwilling to divest resources to the source federating units. For me, personally, Aguiyi-Ironsi is the worst leader this country has ever been saddled with because while you can point to at least one significant positive thing every other administration has done for this country-including clueless GEJ, Ironsi's was a series of incredible missteps which sadly led to the subsequent most unfortunate events of the late '60s

kettykin:

If Obasanjo was not in the loop or in the know about the coup why was he hiding and was conspicuously missing from office the date of the coup. The coup against ironsi succeeded simply because ironsi didn't take good care of his personal security if he did that coup the would have remained in the planning stage forever or would have equally triggered an arm struggle with in the army.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ is heartless. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

"See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". / Senator Dino Melaye's Outfit To AMVCA 2020 (photo) / Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick- SR

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.