Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,631 members, 7,975,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:42 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (91797 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by agbameta: 6:48am On Dec 23, 2013
vislabraye:

I wish GEJ could be more strict on corruption. I wish he could probe OBJ for the fraud he committed while in office. That's what we want to see. Some action. Really speaking, OBJ has committed a lot of crimes during his term as a president.

Oponuchukwu investigate OBJ's long gone administration while wont or just incapable and too corrupt to investigate his own administration which remains the most corrupt ever from subsidy scam, to pension scam, Oil theft, Oduah gate and so on...

I laugh in Odeshukwu...lol
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tsmooth1(m): 6:50am On Dec 23, 2013
unyimecc: The truth is OBJ is history in nigerian politics and GOODLUCK is the Man of the moment. Deal with that truth MONKEY
Bitc.h, why don't you carry your ugly face away from NL and go and cook for your siblings, or rather go and change your menstruating pad.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by PassingShot(m): 6:52am On Dec 23, 2013
No doubt the reply was well scripted, balanced in many areas and dodgy on other areas as well. But for you to believe that GEJ is ever capable of putting this reply together shows that you can easily be decieved. Sorry to say, GEJ is not that intelligent to personally put this up though kudos to his team for a good job. Nevertheless, I am not taken in by all the garbage here. He conveniently avoided corruption allegation of Stella Oduah, Farouk Lawan, Eteh and other glaring and indefensible corruption cases. I have said it before, OBJ is a tainted messanger that cannot be trusted to successfully deliver the cleanest message even to the most corrupt person in the world. He is "on your own" (OYO) on this.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by sampeter(m): 6:52am On Dec 23, 2013
Having red the post and the comments, the following are the points i can glean: 1. Most Nigerians are blinded by ethnic chauvinism, hence they choose their decisions based on sentiment. 2. More so, they are gullible, myopic,undiscerning and immatured. 3. OBJ is a man 'who goes to equity with unclean hand'. 4. GEj provoked the open letter by not replying to all the 'previous letters', like it or not, OBJ is still very relevant in Nigeria politics, u can't call his bluff without any consequence (N.B am not justifying his 'antics' though, even Asari Dokubo affirm same thing) 4. OBJ is wrong and GEJ is wrong- OBJ had an ample opportunity to take Nigeria to a greater height but his greed and weaknesses failed him; GEJ has opportunity to pilot Nigeria to greatness but his attitudes - cuddling and handling with corruption, shady activities of his lieutenants, anti-masses poilicies e.g subsidy removal, MDA underfunding etc, and reelection antics are all the clogs in his wheel. 5. If i am asked, OBJ's sins are better left for the historian, while we concentrate on the relevant portion of OBJ's letter and the reply to ensure a favourable consequence for the good people of Nigeria. To be continued.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jmaine: 6:53am On Dec 23, 2013
ImperialYoruba: Im very dissapointed in GEJ's close circle of influence. How could they have allowed the sitting President of a sovereign nation to address a private citizen venomously via a public media ? This is a low! Obasanjo, regardless of his past political roles is currently a private citizen. Not only that. The President has openly commited to expectations which for most part are truly beyond his capability to deliver. This is a sad day!! If this letter gets in the hands of mischievious reporters in America they will do to GEJ what they did to Mayor Ford of Canada, he will become object of ridicule. The speech writers and his media handlers as well as the SFG, Pius Anyim and Okupe and Abati are all a disgrace. I will not blame GEJ because he truly deserved a level field to respond to Obj but not in this manner. I hope they make him stop from writing any more open letter, however grave the allegation and regardless what quarter it came from. He should collect these thoughts and responses for a published memo after his regime has ended and in a capacity of private citizen.

Becomrich a.k.a Musiwa . . . .is this you ? undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Lanretoye(m): 6:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Jeboy: the apc e-warriors are really trying hard to downplay the intelligence, maturity, coherence and civility of GEJ letter of reply to Obj with lame excuses having read all the posts on this thread.Am trying to be apolitical because its all about Nigeria.

So far some have tried to say GEJ is too soft and he has not been able to defend the allegations.The general opinion of naraland dat he who makes allegation is borne with prove of evidence, dat has simply closed dat door.

Another set of e-rats have come with opinion dat he is too daft to write the letter after attempt by most of them to tag it clueless proved abortive. Maybe they are expecting the president to write his response by himself.Even my MD does not but only assent to PA script. Are u a learner?

Some intelligent ones that want to make use of their conscience are saying he should not have responded to Obj reply because the reply to them truly was a TKO but again this same set of people attacked GEJ recently for not replying an indication dat he has accepted obj letter to be true.

Some others are finding other fault like demdem saying for GEJ not to prosecute Obj he is clueless..., some rather attack the messenger rather than evaluate the content of the message.

Fellow nairaland, you will continue to see new twist of apc e-warriors as a strategy to underplay the impacts of the response this reply carries which I see as TKO to the Obj (who is now APC chief consultant on election rigging engineering having failed in Anambra).

Wether we like it or not, on this one, GEJ has given OBJ what we call DDT for those who are familiar with WWE and d wrestler called undertaker.

I do hope this sound as goodbye to political godfatherism on who determines the president of Nigeria with Nigeria been better for it.Obj just destroyed the respect and recognition GEJ has for him.

Likening serious issues like this to wwe or royal rumble makes me wanto ask of your age. Because u ddnt see smthn like 18+ or PG here does nt mean ur discretion should nt work for u.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jiregr8(m): 6:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Did president Jonathan told Suswam and confirm †o Obasanjo that he W̅ill quit in 2015?

Is it true that president Jonathan negotiated his Party's candidate out in the south west in 2011 Αnd in Ondo, Edo Αnd Anambra?

What did president Jonathan dό̲̣̣̣̥ about corruption allegation among his cabinet ministers, esp. The most glaring bullet prove cars @ 255M.

Other than these, the president seems †o have answered questions raised in Fmr President Obasanjo's letter which in my opinion shouuld not have been replied publicly •̸№ matter the provocation, internal arrangement in the PDP should have been used because between the duo there is life after 2015. Again •̸№ matter how sophisticated the president's team might be, the presidents political value would be seriously dimished by this open show, Obj have •̸№ vote †̥̥o seek, he has exhausted his chances Αnd delivered his successor for the party, GEJ on the other hand would have lost completely those who have sympathy for OBJ both in the party Αnd nationally either for himself or †̥̥o deliver PDP's candidate.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by finsulyman(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2013
he was forced to reply and he's taking it easy with baba.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by atlwireles: 6:54am On Dec 23, 2013
Passing Shot: No doubt the reply was well scripted, balanced in many areas and dodgy on other areas as well. But for you to believe that GEJ is ever capable of putting this reply together shows that you can easily be decieved. Sorry to say, GEJ is not that intelligent to personally put this up though kudos to his team for a good job. Nevertheless, I am not taken in by all the garbage here. He conveniently avoided corruption allegation of Stella Oduah, Farouk Lawan, Eteh and other glaring and indefensible corruption cases. I have said it before, OBJ is a tainted messanger that cannot be trusted to successfully deliver the cleanest message even to the most corrupt person in the world. He is "on your own" (OYO) on this.

Some of you are so brain dead
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by JaaizTech: 6:54am On Dec 23, 2013
I no fit read everything but the little I read is a worthy reply, challenging Obasanjo to provide evidence is the way to go. I am proud of GEJ today.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:55am On Dec 23, 2013
samhay: This man even had time to count the number of times 'God' was mentioned

I wonder o
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:56am On Dec 23, 2013
Bank Manager: So long a letter...!
"Professor" Abati is truly the "Presidential Spokesman".I think he wrote this letter and not President Jonathan..
Nigerians are in dire need of another reply from General Obasanjo..!

So Obj wrote his?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SUBMARINE: 6:57am On Dec 23, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
agbameta:

Oponuchukwu investigate OBJ's long gone administration while wont or just incapable and too corrupt to investigate his own administration which remains the most corrupt ever from subsidy scam, to pension scam, Oil theft, Oduah gate and so on...

I laugh in Odeshukwu...lol

I don't know why some Yoruba people like you are disturbing yourselves over a Nigerdeltan who is enjoying the national cake gotten from his region.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by jmaine: 6:57am On Dec 23, 2013
Lanretoye:

Likening serious issues like this to wwe or royal rumble makes me wanto ask of your age. Because u ddnt see smthn like 18+ or PG here does nt mean ur discretion should nt work for u.

What is this one saying ?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Pinky111: 6:58am On Dec 23, 2013
stanjohn57: If anyone here claims he is educated, and he still asserts that GEJ did not address issues in his letter, such a person is either outrightly ignorant, deliberately mischievous or is just a perfect model for our flawed educational system. #copied oddy4real...

This GEJ dude definitely knows the meaning of culture and diplomacy! He just gave it to OBJ without saying a 'word'!
on point!

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 6:58am On Dec 23, 2013
rahazaqa: Omg!! My father is Dumb!!

grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2013
c0llynz02: GEJ responded to every issue OBJ raised in that letter.
Obasanjo never explicitly mentioned Al Mustapha or Stella.
I also find it difficult to believe that you will accuse me of assisting murderers, or assigning a presidential delegation to welcome a murderer.
This is a most unconscionable and untrue
allegation. It is incumbent on me to remind you that I am fully conscious of the dictates of my responsibilities to God and our dear nation. It is my hope that devious elements will not take advantage of your baseless allegation to engage in brazen and wanton assassination of high profile politicians as before, hiding under the alibi your “open letter” has provided for them.

Take time and read
[b]I have been strengthening the institutions established to fight corruption. I will not shield any government official or private individual involved in corruption, but I must follow due process in all that I do. And whenever clear cases of corruption or fraud have
been established, my administration has always taken prompt action in keeping with the dictates of extant laws and procedures. You cannot claim to be unaware of the fact that several highly placed persons in our country, including sons of some of our party leaders are currently facing trial for their involvement in the celebrated subsidy scam affair. I
can hardly be blamed if the wheels of justice still grind very slowly in our country, but we are doing our best to support and encourage the judiciary to quicken the pace of adjudication in cases of corruption. Baba, I am amazed that with all the knowledge
garnered from your many years at the highest level of governance in our country, you could still believe the spurious allegation contained in a letter written to me by the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and surreptitiously obtained by you, alleging that USD49.8 billion, a sum equal to our entire national budget for two years, is “unaccounted for” by the NNPC. Since, as President, you also served for many years as Minister of Petroleum Resources, you very well know the workings of the corporation. It is therefore intriguing that you have made such an assertion.
You made a lot of insinuations about oil theft, shady dealings at the NNPC and the NNPC not remitting the full proceeds of oil sales to the of CBN. Now that the main source of the allegations which you rehashed has publicly stated that he was “misconstrued”, perhaps you will find it in your heart to apologize for misleading unwary Nigerians
and impugning the integrity of my administration on that score. Your claim of “Atlantic Oil loading about 130, 000
barrels sold by Shell and managed on behalf of
NPDC with no sale proceeds paid into the NPDC
account” is also disjointed and baseless because no such arrangement as you described exists between
Atlantic Oil and the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company. NPDC currently produces about 138, 000
barrels of oil per day from over 7 producing assets.
The Crude Oil Marketing Division (COMD) of the
NNPC markets all of this production on behalf of NPDC with proceeds paid into NPDC account. I am really shocked that with all avenues open to you as a former Head of State for the verification of any information you have received about state affairs, you chose to go public with allegations of “high corruption” without offering a shred of supporting evidence. One of your political “sons” similarly alleged recently that he told me of a
minister who received a bribe of $250 Million from an oil company and I did nothing about it. He may have been playing from a shared script, but we have not heard from him again since he was challenged to name the minister involved and provide the evidence to back his claim. I urge you, in the same vein, to furnish me with the names, facts and figures of a single verifiable case of the “high corruption” which you say stinks all around my administration and see whether the corrective action you advocate does not follow promptly. And while you are at it, you may also wish to tell Nigerians the true story of questionable waivers of signature bonuses between 2000 and 2007
. [/b]

Thank you, that guy has a reading problem
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Btruth: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2013
I will be right back.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SUBMARINE: 7:01am On Dec 23, 2013
T-smooth:

Bitc.h, why don't you carry your ugly face away from NL and go and cook for your siblings, or rather go and change your menstruating pad.
ANOTHER BABY ONLINE.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2013
na_joke:
^
Are u for real shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, i never knew o!, thanks for enlightening me.........but dem force am to be president?

Kids smh
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ibietela2(m): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2013
Lifebender: So you xpect mii to seat and read all those trash.It is obvious and glaring that you are tryin to write ur own 18 pages letter.
You started by outlining 10 reasons why you ought to reply Baba's letter which can be summarised as 1.And i think u did that to deviate and to hide the truth of the matter.
All you have said there aint genuine,just a pack of lies,and u think we're that foolish like before to get that into our headTah!we wont.
[b]Now my question is this.What happened to ODUAH car scandal if indeed u're against corruption.Mind you IF you must fight corruption,it must start from ur cabinet
.I rest my case[/b]

Go and cook for your hubby
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Picollothedon: 7:06am On Dec 23, 2013
donphilopus: This letter was composed by Abati, Okupe, and Gej himself; I've taken my time to read every-page of this letter, but I saw no reply to the "corruption allegation" levelled against his administration.

With all these, I'm beginning to believe that "the ship of Nigerian state is trending around the political Bermuda Triangle".

This man was busy addressing the internal crisis in PDP, instead of the country in General. I also thought I would see something like names of the corruption-personified Nigerians on the letter; but I saw nothing of such. They were busy calling Okosun and Anikulapo-Kuti; only God would save Nigeria.

I'm still expecting another open-letter, between now, and January ending. It's now synonymous to our name.

i doubt if u read that letter.....
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by badmrkt(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2013
In Nico Gravity's voice... "Finish OBJ season 3".....now this letter has the ability to angry "beaterize" angry grin "puchuate" grin and shocked"fracturise" shocked the "baboonlion" specie and send to him to what I will term as "political oblivion"......In other news OBJ has been murderd !
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Tsmooth1(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2013
SUBMARINE: [color=#006600][/color] I AM ANOTHER BABY ONLINE.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chronique(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2013
I bet most of them do not understand how things work and it's shocking to imagine that with all the problems facing Nigeria,some people actually expect the president to sit down and personally write a letter this lengthy. The kind of things we see on nairaland,is a pure reflection of our society at large. Too many educated illiterates/uninformed folks. It's so disturbing.
Ukwu_Nnu: @All of you saying you see Abati's signature all over the reply are so unbelievable.
Have you lot ever been Bosses before? Even a common Chairman of a company don't sit down to write letters, what is the Secretary employed for? To clean his shoes?
I wonder why you lot did not call who wrote OBJ's letter or you believe Baba sat down to write that 18-paged letter? Chai! Ignorance is bliss cheesy cheesy

This just cleared the doubt that 80% here are either in secondary schools or undergraduates to reason such, even as an undergraduate SUG official, I don't write letters talk more a sitting president. He is jobless if he attempts to do that!

This is how it goes:
1. You tell your media officer what you want in a letter and who to address it to.
2. Media officer writes the letter and present to you.
3. You read and make corrections where necessary. Not necessarily grammer correction but making sure your message is being passed properly as you have in mind.
4. Media officer makes the final draft and dispatches the letter.

That is being a Boss and not writing some undergraduate love letters. Ndi ara angry angry

GEJ just gave it slow and deadly in a very formal and diplomatic way.
OBJ is dying slowly politically.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SUBMARINE: 7:08am On Dec 23, 2013
OBJ is like the biblical Saul that was rejected by God for David(GEJ). This letter nailed OBJ's coffin.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by ogbonge9grian: 7:09am On Dec 23, 2013
sampeter: Having red the post and the comments, the following are the points i can glean: 1. Most Nigerians are blinded by ethnic chauvinism, hence they choose their decisions based on sentiment. 2. More so, they are gullible, myopic,undiscerning and immatured. 3. OBJ is a man 'who goes to equity with unclean hand'. 4. GEj provoked the open letter by not replying to all the 'previous letters', like it or not, OBJ is still very relevant in Nigeria politics, u can't call his bluff without any consequence (N.B am not justifying his 'antics' though, even Asari Dokubo affirm same thing) 4. OBJ is wrong and GEJ is wrong- OBJ had an ample opportunity to take Nigeria to a greater height but his greed and weaknesses failed him; GEJ has opportunity to pilot Nigeria to greatness but his attitudes - cuddling and handling corruption, shady activities of his lieutenants, anti-masses poilicies e.g subsidy removal, MDA underfunding etc, and reelection antics are all the clogs in his wheel. 5. If i am asked, OBJ's sins are better left for the historian, while we concentrate on the relevant portion of OBJ's letter and the reply to ensure a favourable consequence for the good people of Nigeria. To be continued.
'having read' u meant. Nice points made.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by liadibello: 7:10am On Dec 23, 2013
Is this what Jonah is calling achievement? Or be like say Jonah no understand what baba mean ooooo,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SUBMARINE: 7:13am On Dec 23, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
liadibello: Is this what Jonah is calling achievement? Or be like say Jonah no understand what baba mean ooooo,
Pls explain to us Baba's message.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by adelaja70(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2013
SUBMARINE: OBJ is like the biblical Saul that was rejected by God for David(GEJ). This letter nailed OBJ's coffin.
Bros,how?....
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Picollothedon: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.

and which fact of the allegation is he defending?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chronique(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ understands that the office of the president should not be ridiculed in a bid to respond to OBJ's self serving letter. I'm sure if it was OBJ,it would have been the other way round. Afterall,we haven't forgotten how he openly insulted the parents of Eedris Abdulkareem cos the boy sang "Nigeria jaga-jaga". Tells you how uncultured and ill-mannered OBJ is.
jmaine:

Who ever replied that OBJ senile letter with so much class, decorum and respect while still passing the message across did a fantastic job

Don't mind those ediots who are disappointed that OBJ was aptly exposed in his self serving letter.

The response of GEJ was graceful, tact, concise and very direct.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (33) (Reply)

"See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". / Senator Dino Melaye's Outfit To AMVCA 2020 (photo) / Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick- SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.