Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,033 members, 7,906,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:18 PM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33190 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Kaysalas(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
To all deeper life members... you don't have any business here. Pastor kumuyi not only warned his church members, he enjoined other Christians as well. Please, let us not tell half truths for whatever reason. Pastor kumuyi doesn't need us to defend him before pagans and other Christians. By the way, pagan naija! I am sure you are enjoying yourself right now wink
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:
For the record,i 'liked' your comment. Funny i did that because a couple of minutes ago you were like...

Some food for thought. When i was still a Christian,there was a verse that always stood out for me..'let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works'. This should be the cardinal principle of every Christian. Why should i be the one teaching folks these things? I don taya sef
hmmm! I don't even understand you.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Kaysalas(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
:cold:

For the record,i 'liked' your comment. Funny i did that because a couple of minutes ago you were like...

Some food for thought. When i was still a Christian,there was a verse that always stood out for me..'let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works'. This should be the cardinal principle of every Christian. Why should i be the one teaching folks these things? I don taya sef
undecidedwhen you were still a Christian.. you said? You left the light for what else if I may ask?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by variance: 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
Baba Kumuyi is not saying we should not give regard or celebrate Christ, but it is not scriptural to do that only on the 25th. Most of us who are talking did not even know how this celebration started. We only came, met people doing it and we joined them in doing it. Now someone came out to call our attention to it and we started using all kind if derogatory words. Why can't we ask him to come and show us BIBLICAL FACTS about this issue(which i'm sure he will if we ask him to do that). May God help us!

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Chartey(m): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
mvem: ....Oya saint Chartey tell us...abi na only u wey get christ, na only u wey get free ticket to heaven....Self righteousness go kill many people
Now, sit back and read through your words. Do you sound Christian?
If you really think you do, then your brand of Christianity scares me.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
FrancisTony: hmmm! I don't even understand you.
Like seriously? Is that so hard to understand? A while ago you were using derogatory comments to address my post. Only to reproach someone else for doing same. If you don't get it now,sorry i can't help you
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by cold(m): 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kaysalas: undecidedwhen you were still a Christian.. you said? You left the light for what else if I may ask?
Topic for another day,lest i derail
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Kaysalas(m): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:
Topic for another day,lest i derail
please don't face eternity without Jesus the Light

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
cold:
Like seriously? Is that so hard to understand? A while ago you were using derogatory comments to address my post. Only to reproach someone else for doing same. If you don't get it now,sorry i can't help you
grin grin grin grin
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by julioralph(m): 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
Pastor-Israel Adebayo
"To all my friends here, I wish you all a Merry Christmas & Prosperous New Year 2014 in Advance. Remember JESUS is the REASON for the Season. Make HIM your LORD and Saviour today. See you all in 2014!
Unlike · · Share · 3 hours ago"·

This is a post on facebook from a deeper life pastor in Scotland.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by guiddoti: 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
julioralph: Pastor-Israel Adebayo
"To all my friends here, I wish you all a Merry Christmas & Prosperous New Year 2014 in Advance. Remember JESUS is the REASON for the Season. Make HIM your LORD and Saviour today. See you all in 2014!
Unlike · · Share · 3 hours ago"·

This is a post on facebook from a deeper life pastor in Scotland.
What is wrong wishing someone greetings. Btw he's preaching.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Praktikals(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
Be wise, mind the way you address men of God.

sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 8:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by agent9(m): 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
what about dis??

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
agent9: what about dis??
Was he? We catholic knows that he wasn't born on 25th nah!!!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by agent9(m): 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
FrancisTony: Was he? We catholic knows that he wasn't born on 25th nah!!!

wats d celebration all abt den??
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
agent9:

The date isn't made known. So we chose anyday!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by agent9(m): 12:14am On Dec 26, 2013
indeed......dats wat dy tot u grin angry
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmahoney(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2013
agent9:

Don't mind them, they might be suffering from spiritual amnesia!!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dondave11: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
cry
emmahoney: Don't mind them, they might be suffering from spiritual amnesia!!
kakakakakaka.. i laff in greek..

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dondave11: 12:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
FrancisTony: The date isn't made known. So we chose anyday!
choose anyday? I cry for u. Modifying d scripture..Do u knw dats d greatest sin?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Rexyl(m): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
variance: Baba Kumuyi is not saying we should not give regard or celebrate Christ, but it is not scriptural to do that only on the 25th. Most of us who are talking did not even know how this celebration started. We only came, met people doing it and we joined them in doing it. Now someone came out to call our attention to it and we started using all kind if derogatory words. Why can't we ask him to come and show us BIBLICAL FACTS about this issue(which i'm sure he will if we ask him to do that). May God help us!

Why should Christians not make a day of the year to celebrate the birth of Christ? People who changed 25th of December from celebrating an idol and made it a day for celebrating Christ did excellent work - changing it from dark, gloomy and dangerous day to a glorious day to worship God and celebrate His love for giving Christ, the Saviour. Pls All Pastors, let the day be to celebrate Christ. Some people might be spreading confusion, taking us back to what led to choice of 25th December. We were not there when the change was effected but we should be happy that the day was successfully redeemed and taken over from darkness by light. Christians that achieved this feat already have their records/rewards in heaven while many people are now coming out to argue on what God has done --- the matter that does not require any argument again. A day was chosen out of 365/366 days for global celebration of the birth of Messiah but the real celebration must be done in Spirit on daily basis by believers. You should celebrate love, care, protection and most importantly salvation of your soul by God through Christ gospel.

Talking about how the celebration started and beginning to look for a way to go against is misleading. If I may ask you all, do we know how Olorun, Ubangiji, Chukwu or God started? And can we use little or nothing we know about it to discard mentioning and preaching by the names at various Churches? We are learning everyday... Pls stop misleading others, teach others true word of God. Preach the Gospel!

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Dondave11: choose anyday? I cry for u. Modifying d scripture..Do u knw dats d greatest sin?
dude get a life.

Does that look like modifying? I'm not sure you know the meaning of the "M" word.

Modifying means change. It's not as if a day was made specially for the birth of christ nd we changed it. Abegg unto next one. YOU'RE NOT A FOOL? Are you
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by joiam: 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
Somebody said
Baba Kumuyi is not saying we should not give regard or celebrate Christ, but it is not scriptural to do that only on the 25th. Most of us who are talking did not even know how this celebration started. We only came, met people doing it and we joined them in doing it. Now someone came out to call our attention to it and we started using all kind if derogatory words. Why can't we ask him to come and show us BIBLICAL FACTS about this issue(which i'm sure he will if we ask him to do that). May God help us![/b][b][i][/i]

Dear friend quoted above,
Nobody has the right to say xmas should not be celebrated on 25th of Dec. The person should tell us when to! You can celebrate Christ on any day! I repeat, any day. Some idols were and still being worshiped on all days including Sunday when the Sun god is worshipped. Do we now cancel worship on Sundays? Letr me quote the scripture; Ro 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Also, Col 2:16 says; 16 ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Again, in Ro 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. Again, Rom 14: 6 "He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks"
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by agent9(m): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
Its soo good to know dat more people ar seein d TRUTH (e.g KUMUYI).....but wat am not sure of is if its not too late..... and yet, some stil keep themself in d dark...blinded by d false teachin dey hav received from dia soo called pastors....WAT A PITY!!! Anyway, i hope it wont be long before u see and know d truth too.....

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by joiam: 2:22am On Dec 27, 2013
agent9: Its soo good to know dat more people ar seein d TRUTH (e.g KUMUYI).....but wat am not sure of is if its not too late..... and yet, some stil keep themself in d dark...blinded by d false teachin dey hav received from dia soo called pastors....WAT A PITY!!! Anyway, i hope it wont be long before u see and know d truth too.....

Nobody has the right to say xmas should not be celebrated on 25th of Dec. The person should tell us when to! You can celebrate Christ on any day! I repeat, any day. Some idols were and still being worshiped on all days including Sunday when the Sun god is worshipped. Do we now cancel worship on Sundays? Letr me quote the scripture; Ro 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Also, Col 2:16 says; 16 ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Again, in Ro 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. Again, Rom 14: 6 "He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks"

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by joiam: 2:33am On Dec 27, 2013
agent9: what about dis??

It doesnt matter whether he was born on 25th or not. The point is that you can choose to celebrate Christ on any day including 25th Dec. For example independence day. Does it mean that Nigeria actually became free on that day? A day was just chosen to symbolise and celebrate our independence. In any case if you say he wasnt born on 25th Dec, it means you know when he was born! Tell us. Please read the following from the scriptures: Rom. 14:5-6 "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks."

Col 2:16 -"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:"

Ro 14:14 "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by agent9(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ok....i get ur point...but pls try to get mine too....am NOT judgin any1 here....am just speaking from my own humble point of view....everybody hav his/her own decision to make...everybody hav d right to choose wat he/she want and want to do....and it is well. but we should try to kwn d root of wat we ar deciding on doin b4 doin it....lets try to dig some research and kwn d truth abt it b4 we join people in doin it....i tink dat well be wise....i mean no harm.

wel, dis is just anoda of my own point of view ooooo.....PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by emmahoney(m): 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dondave11: crykakakakakaka.. i laff in greek..
Me dey laf in Hebrew

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.