Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,165 members, 7,933,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 02:02 PM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33245 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
mexbreezy:

you are the guidiance of his message on earth yet you guys defile his word the most, The evil the catholic church did all in the name of crusades... His most important teaching is john 3:3 "except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God" is what you guys have ignored the most".... You claim catholic can trace its root back to peter buh peter himself never gave any church a name... Infact he was a total missionary he was always travelling building churches everywhere he was... Years after his death when timothy was like the head of the church there was no roman catholic.... Abeg stop all these falacies.... You guys condemn other churches as fake while only catholic is real... Buh you forget that even when jesus was around he and his discpiles met a man preaching God's word... They wanted to stop him buh christ warned them against it....

Bro if it was not for Catholics warriors and martyrs you wouldn't b able to call yourself a Christian, you would live under Moslems control, you would bend over and shake your azz in the air in the name of prayer etc etc. The crusades were a must, besides Moslem struck first , they destroyed and invaded Jerusalem
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

Bro, the letters Paul used to send weren't to build new churches those people were under the Catholic church , they asked questions and Paul replied.

There are two types of churches

1) spiritual
2) physical

1- they had the same spirit, followed the teachings of the Catholic church etc so they can't b new spiritual churches

2- physical yes they built churches(place of worship)

You need to read about the great schism my brother the Catholic church is the early church , the church God himself erected. And Peter is the first pope this should tell you everything. Knowing what Jesus said to Peter. This is blasphemy, how can Peter a pope die without knowing his church

had it been the church's name was catholic wouldn't it have been specified? Catholics are known to be record keepers... How did the letters of the apostles lost then? The spiritual church my brother doesn't follow catholic buh is the body of christ... If the letters paul distributed were to catholic churches why are those doctrines missing in catholic churches
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by kardinalz: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

Jesus-God himself we are the guardians of his kingdom and message on earth .

Glad you admit that Peter received the key of the church from God himself therefore other churches that do not or cannot trace their origins to the apostles and Jesus are fake .period

As a Catholic we don't believe in superiority or inferiority among our saints .Paul and Peter are saints none is greater or more important than the other

The Roman Catholic church is the only holy and apostolic church, do the math yourself . Do not confuse peo receiving teachings, letters from our saints with churches
pls can u kindly tell mi whr dis apostles celebrated d birth of christ??
dis fins arent hard to comprehend oooo
ITS NT BIBLICAL SIMPLE
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
mexbreezy:

had it been the church's name was catholic wouldn't it have been specified? Catholics are known to be record keepers... How did the letters of the apostles lost then? The spiritual church my brother doesn't follow catholic buh is the body of christ... If the letters paul distributed were to catholic churches why are those doctrines missing in catholic churches

Nothing is missing in the holy church, everything is perfect.
What you fail to understand that is name can change but the actions and the institution, her history can not.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

Bro if it was not for Catholics warriors and martyrs you wouldn't b able to call yourself a Christian, you would live under Moslems control, you would bend over and shake your azz in the air in the name of prayer etc etc. The crusades were a must, besides Moslem struck first , they destroyed and invaded Jerusalem

I don't quite agree bro... Even if the catholic knights and thier fighters didnt fight God's word would have survived anyway... He never needed them... Its true they did it in God's name buh they derailed midway and started fighting for personal reasons
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
kardinalz:
pls can u kindly tell mi whr dis apostles celebrated d birth of christ??
dis fins arent hard to comprehend oooo
ITS NT BIBLICAL SIMPLE

Why do you celebrate your birthday?
Why r u on Nl /
Why do you use a computer?

BTW we never claimed being solis bibla food for thoughts
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by troy20(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

Well said and thank you my brother, at least people like u can speak the truth. But bro why aren't u a Catholic?
i would say am more liberal as an adult now but i grew up in a catholic family and i've strong experience with the penticostal church.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

Bro, the letters Paul used to send weren't to build new churches those people were under the Catholic church , they asked questions and Paul replied.

There are two types of churches

1) spiritual
2) physical

1- they had the same spirit, followed the teachings of the Catholic church etc so they can't b new spiritual churches

2- physical yes they built churches(place of worship)

You need to read about the great schism my brother the Catholic church is the early church , the church God himself erected. And Peter is the first pope this should tell you everything. Knowing what Jesus said to Peter. This is blasphemy, how can Peter a pope die without knowing his church

Lets put an end to this misconception. The CATHOLIC CHURCH is the first church (fact) but not the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Bro go read about the catholic church, not just about the roman catholic church
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
faby11:
Lets put an end to this misconception. The CATHOLIC CHURCH is the first church (fact) but not the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Bro go read about the catholic church, not just about the roman catholic church
the Roman Catholic church is the first , before the schism they were all Roman catholic you need to read about that too
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Donald50: 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
For those sayin'' we celebrate christ everyday''R u sure of wht u av jst said? This is because dozes of the whole world do not kn Him,and r usin ds particular day to comit their already planned evil in their hrts.However,Kumuyi did not say celebratin Him is nt good,but the way people celebrate Him is not in line with holiness and why mst it be on 25 december? Note:the world in their wisdom do not kn Him.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
troy20:
i would say am more liberal as an adult now but i grew up in a catholic family and i've strong experience with the penticostal church.
oh okay I understand and respect your views and decisions
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
mexbreezy:

I don't quite agree bro... Even if the catholic knights and thier fighters didnt fight God's word would have survived anyway... He never needed them... Its true they did it in God's name buh they derailed midway and started fighting for personal reasons

God knows best wink
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by kardinalz: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

Why do you celebrate your birthday?
Why r u on Nl /
Why do you use a computer?

BTW we never claimed being solis bibla food for thoughts
is dat d answer to d simple que??
u sud b christlike,he neva asked u to celebrate his birthday,do wot he ask u to do"leave idolatry"
btw i dnt celebrate my birthday
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
kardinalz:
is dat d answer to d simple que??
u sud b christlike,he neva asked u to celebrate his birthday,do wot he ask u to do"leave idolatry"
btw i dnt celebrate my birthday
I heard your concern bro, however God knows best, and he asked you to not judge, why do you want to take his place? Let him judge us okay?

Furthermore our Bible and the one we gave you mention oral traditions , do you know how many traditions, teachings etc have been given orally ? There's is a saying that the bible is too small to contain the whole message of God . Ponder on that
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
klax: But what is all these mess Christain are creating here Why is it that Christain love making ridicle of themselves for God sake Honestly should we be fighting ourselves just because of religion again This is disgraceful indeed.

Lets wait a minute not long ago one of the worst man of Devil (Okotie) calling himself man of God a first class adulterer dropped a bombshell yet to be settled and now a man of Kumuyi status who can not trained her daughter, whom his own church asked him a while ago to step down because of her daughter messed now dropping his bombshell please sir Pastor Kumuyi you are a honourable man of God this is not the time for you to say such word because you are still under fire even inside your own church.

Pastor Kumuyi you said Christmas is idolatory please can you tell us or show us in the Bible where the word "CHRISTMAS" was refered to as IDOLATORY" please show us where its written boldly christmas is idolatory from Genesis to Revelation if you and your church dont believe in Xmas that does not mean other churches should not believe in it as well just mind your side and carry on with the work God place in your hand sir.

All you Mr GO stop all these ridiculous talk game and focus on winning souls perishing out their for God. Boko Haram stood up and challenged you all and slaughters Christains in thousands what did you do about it All you care about is to start dropping bombshell making Christainity a ridicule religion in the face of unbelievers as if we dont know what we are doing this is not right.

Its pastor that you will see talking anyhow, its pastor that do the worst 419, its pastor you will see in occultism, its pastor you will see having Phd in Adultery, its pastor you will that take fun in marrying and divorce at will and to him its a fun, its pastor you will see lies and be a politician, its pastor you will see using charm to run his church, its pastor you will see that can not manage his anger, its pastor you will see slapping hs church members and yet feel good about it, its pastor that set a human like him on fire, its pastor that display wealth and private jet plus 38 SUV package full with dust in his mansion etc to name few and yet you said you are running CAN what is the meaning of your CAN is useless because you are not worthy of be a pastor or men of God talkless of forming CAN. Can't you people talk to yourselves?

i wonder where you got your info from... Firstly.. Pastor kumuyi doesnt have a daughter... He has 2 sons, John And Jerry... Secondly, during the message he never called chriatmas idolatory, he said christains should not forget bethel and they shouldnt be carries away with xmas activites thereby forgetting the main thing.... Thirdly, he attended his son's wedding because he just had to, he offered to resign as his disciplanary measures but the council of leaders decided he should continue and his son tendered his apology... Please stop accusing the man falsely

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by akwunmi(m): 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
JustifiedChild: Why call the man names? What is untrue about what he has said? Christmas isn't in the bible na. Oya someone bring me a passage in the bible where it was written that Dec 25th is the date of birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and I'll hold my peace.
Abeg you all should leave pastor Kumuyi alone jor. He is one of the very few pastors I'll always love and respect.
thank u my broda,we Only Accept wot Suit us not wot d Bible says...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

God knows best wink

Thanks Bro... ..buh the man was accused wrongly....
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by SirCee: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pastor Kumuyi, you are one of the respected PASTORS in Nigeria.
Christ was born like you and the birthday is worth celebrating.
If human being that worth nothing celebrate their birthday,
then why cant we celebrate our MESSIAH's birthday.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sir Cee: Pastor Kumuyi, you are one of the respected PASTORS in Nigeria.
Christ was born like you and the birthday is worth celebrating.
If human being that worth nothing celebrate their birthday,
then why cant we celebrate our MESSIAH's birthday.

Sir... He never said jesus' birthday shouldn't be celebrated.. Neither was jesus born on dec 25th...

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sammyjay3(m): 9:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
jossy_1luv: Is this the new trend in nigeria? Letter writing kiss
must you comment on each topic? For Christ sake he didn't send any letter he was just addressing his congregation.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Rexyl(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
What Jesus wants us to do is to use this festive season we are celebrating his birth to preach the gospel of glad tiding. Angels celebrated his birth, prophets celebrated his birth, shepherds celebrated his birth. I wouldn‘t know why we too should not celebrate his birth. But the most important thing as we celebrate is preaching the gospel. It is this that reveals truth about God and brings life.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. 15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. 20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

Accept my warm Christmas greetings. Merry Christmas and happy new year. to you all.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sammyjay3(m): 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
hotwax:

WHy cant he face his church and leave catholic out of it? Must he attacked anybody. If he is allergic to xmas, not all his congregation hate xmas.

I have many deeper life friends that are crazy for xmas.
what's this one saying where did u heard dat he was addressing catholic just spewing rubbish
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
zicky: Mind u kumuyi was only speaking to members of his church, he was not speaking to Christians in Nigeria, so if you are not a member of his church I don't see the reason why dis should b your problem. Every church has der doctrine, so stick to what you believe.
The man stands for what he believe, what do you stand for?

Thank you jare. They think Pastor W.F. Kumuyi is like their worldly, satan-inspired pastors they gullibly follow.

The man you people are referring to has outshined the so-called great men you people revere even before you were ever conceived.

William Kumuyi is an authority. He's highly respected by all and sundry. I pity those hell-lovers who're busy sealing their own doom by daring to wag their silly tongues at such a gift as W.F. Kumuyi.

That being said, his message on xmas is directed primarily at members of his church who normally spend xmas at the retreat ground.

Why does his comment on xmas bother some people? One, they hate him because of what he stands for - a preacher of righteousness. Two, his very remembrance reminds them they're children of perdition. Three, they are in the dark and therefore do not understand the light.

For your information, this man is literally dead to your rantings. He does only two things: prayer and ministry of the word.

In the words of Chinua Achebe, an old woman always feel uncomfortable whenever anyone mentions dry bones.

My words are not directed really at those who have a different view on xmas, but at those who wag their tongues at God's gift to our generation.

God bless Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi.

By the way, William means 'Defender of the Faith'. He's simply living up to his God-ordained destiny.

7 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dondave11: 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
My God! What am i seeing here? Was that the message Pastor Kumuyi preached that day? The title of d message "ON THE LORDS SIDE" has now been diverted by d so-called journalist by sugar quoting wat he never spent upto a minute on..
For crying out loud, he didn't mentioned Any denomination, he was only addressing his congregation on spending ur time on things above rather than earthly pleasures..

My Advice: please, be well informed before making any comment..

Remain Rapturable.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
smurfy:

Thank you jare. They think Pastor W.F. Kumuyi is like their worldly, satan-inspired pastors they gullibly follow.

The man you people are referring to has outshined the so-called great men you people revere even before you were ever conceived.

William Kumuyi is an authority. He's highly respected by all and sundry. I pity those hell-lovers who're busy sealing their own doom by daring to wag their silly tongues at such a gift as W.F. Kumuyi.

That being said, his message on xmas is directed primarily at members of his church who normally spend xmas at the retreat ground.

Why does his comment on xmas bother some people? One, they hate him because of what he stands for - a preacher of righteousness. Two, his very remembrance reminds them they're children of perdition. Three, they are in the dark and therefore do not understand the light.

For your information, this man is literally dead to your rantings. He does only two things: prayer and ministry of the word.

In the words of Chinua Achebe, an old woman always feel uncomfortable whenever anyone mentions dry bones.

My words are not directed really at those who have a different view on xmas, but at those who wag their tongues at God's gift to our generation.

God bless Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi.

By the way, William means 'Defender of the Faith'. He's simply living up to his God-ordained destiny.

IDOLATORY IS ALL I CAN CALL THIS YOUR POST O. CHAI
DONT FORGET HE'S STILL A HUMAN BEING OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
WAOH ARE YOU SURE YOU STILL HAVE ANY ROOM FOR GOD THE WAY YOU ADORE THIS MAN. JEEZ
YOU'RE WORSE THAN THOSE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS.
I HOPE YOU'LL STAND FOR GOD LIKE THIS IN A DIFFICULT TIME.OMG!!!!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kamsy10:

IDOLATORY IS ALL I CAN CALL THIS YOUR POST. CHAI
IDOLATORY AT ITS PEAK. HE'S STILL A HUMAN BEING OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
WAOH ARE YOU SURE YOU STILL HAVE ANY ROOM FOR GOD THE WAY YOU ADORE THIS MAN. JEEZ
YOU'RE WORSE THAN THOSE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS

Did you say adore? Adoration belongs to God only. But I respect him very, very much.

Get a Bible and see how Joshua respected Moses. He even called him 'my lord'! Many other examples abound...

Do you have any idea how this man's ministry has impacted on hundreds of thousands of people, changed the very course of history in Nigeria and beyond?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Dondave11: 10:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kamsy10:

IDOLATORY IS ALL I CAN CALL THIS YOUR POST O. CHAI
DONT FORGET HE'S STILL A HUMAN BEING OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
YOU'RE WORSE THAN THOSE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS
Sir, it seems u mis-quoted dat bro..cuz, dis tin u posted doesn't make any sense..

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Bosun13: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
Some follow satan tought they r christ follower. They lack knowledge bcs they r just pastors follower. Do enough research on ur own so that no one ll mislead u on ur path. Not just bcs majority of world christians surport it means is right... My own personal research i findout that d man is right take it or leave it, d truth is bitter

4 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
smurfy:

Did you say adore? Adoration belongs to God only. But I respect him very, very much.

Get a Bible and see how Joshua respects Moses. He even called him 'my lord'! Many other examples abound...

Do you have any idea how this man's ministry has impacted on hundreds of thousands of people, changed the very course of history in Nigeria and beyond?

SO ARE YOU GOING TO BE HIS SUCESSOR JOSHUA ? OR DO WE EXPECT ANOTHER?
ANYWAY TAKE IT EASY WITH THE PRAISE MY DEAR. RESPECT IS DIFFERENT. PRAISE IS ALL I SEE HERE. NO DISRESPECT INTENDED
HIS CHILDREN'S WEDDING IS A GREAT REMINDER THAT HE'S NOT GOD BUT HUMAN WITH WEAKNESSES LIKE ME AND YOU
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kamsy10:

SO ARE YOU GOING TO BE HIS SUCESSOR JOSHUA ? OR DO WE EXPECT ANOTHER?
ANYWAY TAKE IT EASY WITH THE PRAISE MY DEAR. RESPECT IS DIFFERENT. PRAISE IS ALL I SEE HERE. NO DISRESPECT INTENDED
HIS CHILDREN'S WEDDING IS A GREAT REMINDER THAT HE'S NOT GOD BUT HUMAN WITH WEAKNESSES LIKE ME AND YOU

His child's wedding, you mean.

You can't hold him responsible for what the boy, John, did. He's of age and will answer to God himself.

The man Kumuyi has since dissociated himself from his son's shameful act.

How many people can be so exemplary and not shield their son/daughter from blame?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Oyedepo Jnr Celebrates Wife's Birthday / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO / Why Deeper Life Turned Down Gej’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.