Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,906 members, 7,942,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33279 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Samfigo1: 2 ur Father!
sharap! Trouble shooter.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
faby11:
But that does not mean that xmas celebration is evil
Bro, The question is, HOW IS XMAS CELEBRATED? Is it celebrated in an holy way. Do you celebrate Jesus by wining and dining? Do you do what will make Jesus happy on xmas day? Do you preach the gospel on xmas day?
Bro, xmas is being celebrated in a worldly manner today. Guys celebrate it with girlfriends which is unscriptural and unholy. Some Adults celebrate xmas at clubs where worldly musics were played. The true essense of xmas had been totally forgotten. If you can just take a quick run at the pages in this thread? I had already addressed why Pastor Kumuyi called it Idolatory.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
FrancisTony: sharap! Trouble shooter.
next time, try consult your dictionary. A troubleshooter is someone that tries to settle a quarrel

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: Bro, The question is, HOW IS XMAS CELEBRATED? Is it celebrated in an holy way. Do you celebrate Jesus by wining and dining? Do you do what will make Jesus happy on xmas day? Do you preach the gospel on xmas day?
Bro, xmas is being celebrated in a worldly manner today. Guys celebrate it with girlfriends which is unscriptural and unholy. Some Adults celebrate xmas at clubs where worldly musics were played. The true essense of xmas had been totally forgotten. If you can just take a quick run at the pages in this thread? I had already addressed why Pastor Kumuyi called it Idolatory.
Those ways in which people celebrate xmas is a personal issue, that should not be used to judge the celebration of Christ's birth as being sinful. Moreover why is it that it is just the bad things that people do that you are interested in. What about the giving and sharing spirit that fills that day, what about the joys of the day. Why is it just the wrongs that people do that you see. Bro be positive a bit and forget about the brainwashing from your GENERAL OVERSEER (Apologies)

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by solomon111(m): 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Look at the catholics on thread bragging about their population.
They forget that Broad is the way that leads to damnation.
The fact that catholicism is the biggest dosen't validates the sect,afterall islam has over a billion adherents.
God is interested in quality not quantity.
Only eight people survived the flood in Noah's time.
No matter how old a lie is,it dosen't suddenly becomes the truth.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!

Where is thy sense o man Worshipping on sunday had been in existence long before this new calender system that named the day sun-day came in place... Secondly, pastor kumuyi is not on facebook.. Those accounts are NOT his!! Thirdly. Mark zukerburg doesn't have to be a christain.. Main thing is his work is being used to glorify aid the gospel.. Pastor w.f. Kumuyi DOESN'T have a car!!! Christ was not born in december, he was actually given birth do around August 7... And for those who say its not a crime to celebrate christ's birth... Thats true buh are we celebrating it in the right way? I mean there's no respect whatsoever for christ on a day supposed to be his birthday... He was right with what he said!!

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Proudly Catholic, we rock smiley cheesy
They r only jealous, non Catholics r even enjoying Christmas more than us sef ..we made happy.

As for my brethren here good job defending your church, religion and the religion of your forefathers, Catholic till we die is our motto

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Juvante(m): 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
The level of education has fallen so low that every one who can write and read, will think he is rational. He was speaking to members of his church.
Did you hear from anyone present at that day or watched the satellite telecast of the message ,that he mentioned the name of any church? NO!
Did the Monsignor say that the Pastor was referring to the Catholic Church? NO!
Have you watched the full message or read the text of the message? NO!
Instead of dabbling into issues when you are not fully informed , keep quiet! I dare the OP to post the full text of the message if he is really sincere!

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
faby11:
Those ways in which people celebrate xmas is a personal issue, that should not be used to judge the celebration of Christ's birth as being sinful. Moreover why is it that it is just the bad things that people do that you are interested in. What about the giving and sharing spirit that fills that day, what about the joys of the day. Why is it just the wrongs that people do that you see. Bro be positive a bit and forget about the brainwashing from your GENERAL OVERSEER (Apologies)

It was a wake up call to christains world wide to retrace thier steps... What was intended for worshipping christ is now an avenue for sin... Just like the isreal of old erecting idols and handmade gods to celebrate their crossing of the red sea.... It would have been better they didnt celebrate at all... Personally... I think the purpose and motive behind christmas is right... Afterall... We were commanded to lay it to heart to Thank God.. Buh are we doing the right thing I don't think the man was brain-washing anyone..
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
Juvante: The level of education has fallen so low that every one who can write and read, will think he is rational. He was speaking to members of his church.
Did you hear from anyone present at that day or watched the satellite telecast of the message ,that he mentioned the name of any church? NO!
Did the Monsignor say that the Pastor was referring to the Catholic Church? NO!
Have you watched the full message or read the text of the message? NO!
Instead of dabbling into issues when you are not fully informed , keep quiet! I dare the OP to post the full text of the message if he is really sincere!

I guess you were at the retreat on saturday
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
^ he said Christians and the Catholic church is the defender of believers and keeper of Christianity, that's why one of our priests answered that crook parading as man of God , if we didn't reply he would lead others Christians astray. We are watching and keeping Christendom cool

Besides we gave Christmas to the world. If he is against christmas that means he's against Catholics and our holy and apostolic church
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by nnachichi(f): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
People abandon what Christ instructs us to do and put so much energy in2 what He didnt ask. I notice dat some people dont bother following biblical injunctions,true xtians are to seek bible truths and follow them strictly without adding or removing anything!
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II: Proudly Catholic, we rock smiley cheesy
They r only jealous, non Catholics r even enjoying Christmas more than us sef ..we made happy.

As for my brethren here good job defending your church, religion and the religion of your forefathers, Catholic till we die is our motto

Jealous? Funny... Even the church of old had issues they didnt agree on.... The church of paul and that of peter didnt agree on the issue of circumcision.... Get ya fact... It'll only help us grow and know better.... The man too is human and stands to be corrected...
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
faby11:
If you carefully run through the pages on this thread. You'll discover that most of the issues you posted here had been addressed already.
The bible says there is great Joy in Heaven over a sinner that comes to repentance. A roundabout way of writing this is 'There is sadness in heaven whenever a Christian backslides and returns to sin all in the name of Celebrating xmas (which is the reaso
n why I capitalized on the bad effects).
On the other hand, You said I'm being brainwashed by my pastor. I'm afraid, I'm not. If you can Just run through the pages, I'd already wrote the reason pastor Kumuyi labelled it as Idolatory.
Lastly, You talked about the giving and sharing. What's the essense of the giving and sharing when the individual's heart isn't right with God? Giving and Sharing won't take anyone to heaven. It's the relationship with God that matters.

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
mexbreezy:

Jealous? Funny... Even the church of old had issues they didnt agree on.... The church of paul and that of peter didnt agree on the issue of circumcision.... Get ya fact... It'll only help us grow and know better.... The man too is human and stands to be corrected...
the early church is the Catholic church, the church of Paul? I guess you are high on your pastor sermon . Take it easy with those tithes crusaders . There's only one church, the holy and apostolic Catholic church(Roman) with Peter as first pope and jesus/God himself as creator/initiator and they didn't disagree on anything .

Jews have been practicing circumcision long before jesus so how come Paul and Peter will disagree about it esp when Jesus never preached against it ? Go far away with your half baked conspiracy theories
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II: ^ he said Christians and the Catholic church is the defender of believers and keeper of Christianity, that's why one of our priests answered that crook parading as man of God , if we didn't reply he would lead others Christians astray. We are watching and keeping Christendom cool

Besides we gave Christmas to the world. If he is against christmas that means he's against Catholics and our holy and apostolic church

And who made catholic the defender of christendom...? You are being fast in calling him names... Buh fact remains he didnt say anything wrong, infact he said the truth... I believe wah you guys would say is christ gave peter the keys to the church... Quite alright but paul the apostle did most of the work... Infact he wrote more books in the new testaments than anyone else...
Peter was the rock the church was built on, paul was the block it was built with... Roman catholic wasn't the first church... There were churches all over asia and palestine before the roman catholic conquered the world... Even some parts of india had churches..... Read the history of christainity wella abeg....
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 7:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: If you carefully run through the pages on this thread. You'll discover that most of the issues you posted here had been addressed already.
The bible says there is great Joy in Heaven over a sinner that comes to repentance. A roundabout way of writing this is 'There is sadness in heaven whenever a Christian backslides and returns to sin all in the name of Celebrating xmas (which is the reaso
n why I capitalized on the bad effects).
On the other hand, You said I'm being brainwashed by my pastor. I'm afraid, I'm not. If you can Just run through the pages, I'd already wrote the reason pastor Kumuyi labelled it as Idolatory.
Lastly, You talked about the giving and sharing. What's the essense of the giving and sharing when the individual's heart isn't right with God? Giving and Sharing won't take anyone to heaven. It's the relationship with God that matters.

You are not making any sense unfortunately , what about the good effects? What about people who don't sin that day tho ? So we should stop celebrating something because some people decided to use that as venue for vices? I don't think so , the issue then is not about Christmas but christians sinning preach to them to stop sinning as for non Christians convert them and teach to them the right message . If Christians sin or engage themselves in bad behaviors on Christmas day it simply means that we have failed

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by expensive007(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
princesammmy: Na wa o! I hope to achieve this status soon. that I will make a statement and millions will be arguing about it without me knowing.

a sure way to measure unemployment in Nigeria is to count how many are on nairaland
you inclusive :-)
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: Giving and Sharing won't take anyone to heaven. It's the relationship with God that matters.
whats the essence of being a christian if u can't live for others. How can you claim to have a relationship with God when you have not been able to establish one with your fellow men
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
mexbreezy:

And who made catholic the defender of christendom...? You are being fast in calling him names... Buh fact remains he didnt say anything wrong, infact he said the truth... I believe wah you guys would say is christ gave peter the keys to the church... Quite alright but paul the apostle did most of the work... Infact he wrote more books in the new testaments than anyone else...
Peter was the rock the church was built on, paul was the block it was built with... Roman catholic wasn't the first church... There were churches all over asia and palestine before the roman catholic conquered the world... Even some parts of india had churches..... Read the history of christainity wella abeg....

Jesus-God himself we are the guardians of his kingdom and message on earth .

Glad you admit that Peter received the key of the church from God himself therefore other churches that do not or cannot trace their origins to the apostles and Jesus are fake .period

As a Catholic we don't believe in superiority or inferiority among our saints .Paul and Peter are saints none is greater or more important than the other

The Roman Catholic church is the only holy and apostolic church, do the math yourself . Do not confuse peo receiving teachings, letters from our saints with churches
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by chilan: 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
You are on point. I wonder what this nation is becoming. People dont reason things before they talk. Pastor Kumuyi was talking to his congregation in service and then what he was telling them as part of his sermon now becomes a national topic and people who ought to reason properly before replying are just joining issues with him on that. How many times have they joined issues with Moslems and other religions. I listened to that sermon live and he(Pastor Kumuyi) never condemned the roman catholic nor any church yet these congregations are condemning the man. Now I know that nigerians thrives more on rumours and unsubstantiated assertions than facts.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sureteeboy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
faby11:
whats the essence of being a christian if u can't live for others. How can you claim to have a relationship with God when you have not been able to establish one with your fellow men
Though, the main Topic is getting diverted, but, let me drop some few things.
It's good for a christian to live for others, but giving and sharing shouldn't be attributed to xmas only. As Pastor Kumuyi said, Jesus should be celebrated everyday. Considering the advantages Christmas holds while negleting the disadvantages isn't good enough.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II: the early church is the Catholic church, the church of Paul? I guess you are high on your pastor sermon . Take it easy with those tithes crusaders . There's only one church, the holy and apostolic Catholic church(Roman) with Peter as first pope and jesus/God himself as creator/initiator and they didn't disagree on anything .

Jews have been practicing circumcision long before jesus so how come Paul and Peter will disagree about it esp when Jesus never preached against it ? Go far away with your half baked conspiracy theories
The early church wasn't the catholic church.... The letters paul wrote to the churches in corinth, thessalonica, ephicia and galatia.. None was addressed to any catholic church... Even the last jewish historian *forgotten his name* never made mention of catholic churches... Peter died without knowing any catholic church... Brother get your facts
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by seunlayi(m): 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
princesammmy:

It was not even a letter but he was talking to his congregation, which I see no reason for them to reply
see people o......... he was talking to church members about the need to return to Bethel, that members should not be carried away with whatever service they are rendering to the church so that they won't miss heaven, that Xmas period been an holiday period should not be misused by members due to too much emphasis on celebration Xmas which he said has been hijacked by drunker and other ungodly practices by unbelievers as they always associates themselves with the celebration, that members should isolates themselves from such practices or tradition............ check the church website and view the message, Don t Just make idle comment here, he did not attack any doctrine or church, he was talking to Deeper - lifers

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by troy20(m): 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
what i have observed is the inferiority complex of the 21st century penticostals towards the orthodoxy.the orthodoxy commands so much authority and respect historicaly it can never be unseated.every penticostal church is under the catholic orthodoxy struggling to break free mentaly i have noticed.that is why there is this much disdain towards it and its doctrines.But the orthodoxy carries with it so much weight it hardly gets defensive to the constant attacks of the penticostals(much less unrecognised 21st century instituions like deeper life,winners,redeemd and the like)which sprung up from certain men in nigeria. IMHO anytime it does its laughably like a child and a father beef.And am no catholic
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
sureteeboy: Though, the main Topic is getting diverted, but, let me drop some few things.
It's good for a christian to live for others, but giving and sharing shouldn't be attributed to xmas only. As Pastor Kumuyi said, Jesus should be celebrated everyday. Considering the advantages Christmas holds while negleting the disadvantages isn't good enough.
Yes I agree that Christ should and must be celebrated daily and always, but I dont agree with your former claim that sharing and giving won't take anyone to heaven
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by solomon111(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
I wonder when the early church became synonymous with the catholic church.
lol.
These catholic people no go kill us with their fallacies.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Omadachi(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
Catholic church at it again.Hmmm...:how come the catholic church is taking this personal?Guess they are taking it personal becos they are extremist as far as this subject is concerning.
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II:

Jesus-God himself we are the guardians of his kingdom and message on earth .

Glad you admit that Peter received the key of the church from God himself therefore other churches that do not or cannot trace their origins to the apostles and Jesus are fake .period

As a Catholic we don't believe in superiority or inferiority among our saints .Paul and Peter are saints none is greater or more important than the other

The Roman Catholic church is the only holy and apostolic church, do the math yourself . Do not confuse peo receiving teachings, letters from our saints with churches

you are the guidiance of his message on earth yet you guys defile his word the most, The evil the catholic church did all in the name of crusades... His most important teaching is john 3:3 "except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God" is what you guys have ignored the most".... You claim catholic can trace its root back to peter buh peter himself never gave any church a name... Infact he was a total missionary he was always travelling building churches everywhere he was... Years after his death when timothy was like the head of the church there was no roman catholic.... Abeg stop all these falacies.... You guys condemn other churches as fake while only catholic is real... Buh you forget that even when jesus was around he and his discpiles met a man preaching God's word... They wanted to stop him buh christ warned them against it....
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
mexbreezy:
The early church wasn't the catholic church.... The letters paul wrote to the churches in corinth, thessalonica, ephicia and galatia.. None was addressed to any catholic church... Even the last jewish historian *forgotten his name* never made mention of catholic churches... Peter died without knowing any catholic church... Brother get your facts

Bro, the letters Paul used to send weren't to build new churches those people were under the Catholic church , they asked questions and Paul replied.

There are two types of churches

1) spiritual
2) physical

1- they had the same spirit, followed the teachings of the Catholic church etc so they can't b new spiritual churches

2- physical yes they built churches(place of worship)

You need to read about the great schism my brother the Catholic church is the early church , the church God himself erected. And Peter is the first pope this should tell you everything. Knowing what Jesus said to Peter. This is blasphemy, how can Peter a pope die without knowing his church
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by POPEII: 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
troy20: what i have observed is the inferiority complex of the 21st century penticostals towards the orthodoxy.the orthodoxy commands so much authority and respect historicaly it can never be unseated.every penticostal church is under the catholic orthodoxy struggling to break free mentaly i have noticed.that is why there is this much disdain towards it and its doctrines.But the orthodoxy carries with it so much weight it hardly gets defensive to the constant attacks of the penticostals(much less unrecognised 21st century instituions like deeper life,winners,redeemd and the like)which sprung up from certain men in nigeria. IMHO anytime it does its laughably like a child and a father beef.And am no catholic

Well said and thank you my brother, at least people like u can speak the truth. But bro why aren't u a Catholic?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by mexbreezy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
POPE II: the early church is the Catholic church, the church of Paul? I guess you are high on your pastor sermon . Take it easy with those tithes crusaders . There's only one church, the holy and apostolic Catholic church(Roman) with Peter as first pope and jesus/God himself as creator/initiator and they didn't disagree on anything .

Now i understand you don't read your bible.... The disciple of peter said all gentiles who wants to become born again must circumcise themselves... Buh paul being half greek didnt agree with that... They had to set up a council to judge the issue...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.