Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,751 members, 7,918,329 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 08:29 AM

Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court (1206 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
[b]The All Progressives Grand Alliance on Monday asked
an Abuja Federal High Court to declare the seat of Imo
State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, vacant for defecting
to the All Progressives Congress.

APGA wants the court to make an order directing the
Deputy Governor of Imo State or Speaker of the Imo
State House of Assembly, or any officer next in line to
the position of the Governor, who is a member of the
party, to be inaugurated as the governor of the state.

The party also asked the court to order the Independent
National Electoral Commission to nullify the Certificate
of Return issued to Okorocha, and issue a certificate of
return to his replacement.

Okorocha, INEC and the Imo State House of Assembly
are listed as the 1st to 3rd defendants in the suit,
respectively.

In the suit filed by its counsel, Victor Odjemu, APGA
argued that by virtue of the provisions of section
177(c) and 221 of the 1999 Constitution and section 97
of the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended) and the effect
of the Supreme Court decision in Amaechi v INEC, the
Imo State governorship mandate remains with it.

APGA maintained that the said mandate should be
exercised by the deputy governor of Imo State or the
speaker of the state House of Assembly or any officer
next in line to the Office of the Governor who is a
member of the party by virtue of section 191(1) and (2)
of the 1999 Constitution.

APGA is also asking the court to declare that Okorocha,
who it sponsored in the April 2011 elections, cannot
continue to occupy the office of the governor having
defected from the party that won the election to the
APC, as the mandate was given to the party (APGA) by
the electorate of Imo State and not the APC.

http://www.punchng.com/news/sack-okorocha-for-defecting-to-apc-apga-tells-court/[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by mike404(m): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
GHEN GHEN

1 Like

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by johnmartus(m): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
[quote author=AKUNWATA1][/quote]too much alcohol I thought they just wake up from they are dead
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Mynd44: 8:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
2014 is going to be action packed

1 Like

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by 3Dimension: 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Watching in 3D
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by mike404(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
johnmartus: too much alcohol I thought they just wake up from they are dead
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Obiagu1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Very good.
Send that mallam back to the North!

7 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by mike404(m): 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pharaoh9: Alhamdililahi
SEEMS YOU WANNA BLOW UP NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 24, 2013
loving this

we are trying to be a Nation of laws

let the law prevail

2 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Brimmie(m): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by DerideGull(m): 12:23am On Dec 24, 2013
I must confess that Nigerian courts are not punching their weights with respect to the development of democratic system of government in Nigeria. If a person decamps from the party that sponsored the person's candidature, the elective position must be declared vacant and be filled by the sponsoring political party until the term of office is expired or special election is staged.

5 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by 1025: 12:41am On Dec 24, 2013
DerideGull: I must confess that Nigerian courts are not punching their weights with respect to the development of democratic system of government in Nigeria. If a person decamps from the party that sponsored the person's candidature, the elective position must be declared vacant and be filled by the sponsoring political party until the term of office is expired or special election is staged.

sometimes, i derive pleasure in the political analysis of weed smokers. you became a lawyer immediately Rochas left apga. when the former imo state gov defected from ppa to pdp, u knew nothing about the laws of the land. i know u were not yet born when T.A. Orji defected from ppa to pdp? must u smoke? even if i like to listen to igbo smokers analyse politics, who told u everybody likes that?

6 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Longeria(m): 12:59am On Dec 24, 2013
It's long overdue for that lDIOT governor to be kicked out of
DOUGLAS HOUSE,

...... we voted for APGA not APC.

3 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by benpuzzy(m): 6:34am On Dec 24, 2013
1025:

sometimes, i derive pleasure in the political analysis of weed smokers. you became a lawyer immediately Rochas left apga. when the former imo state gov defected from ppa to pdp, u knew nothing about the laws of the land. i know u were not yet born when T.A. Orji defected from ppa to pdp? must u smoke? even if i like to listen to igbo smokers analyse politics, who told u everybody likes that?
u are such a wonderful and inteligent unbias being. U've spoken my mind. If dey want to follow due process, Ohakim's Office should he declared vacant.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 24, 2013
Apga in court to sack Rochas ok we are watching

3 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by lebienconnu: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2013
1025:

You are right. The guy is the chairman of the Association of Igbo Smokers of Nigeria (AISN). though his political analysis is very poor, stewpid, and childish he is an excellent weed smoker.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Gamji007: 11:16am On Dec 24, 2013
1025:

Wicked! shocked
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by pistol: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2013
He Rochas will be used as a clown to test the waters of the judiciary on the issue of defecting.
I can authoritatively tell you that he is loosing his seat.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Longeria(m): 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
1025:

You're the greater fool. Did PPA challenge the defection of Ohakim and Orji?

2 Likes

Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Smartluv(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
ORO has no legal backing to defect and therefore his seat should be declared vacant. For people complaining of Orji and Ohakim. PPA never took them to court for defection. It is high time our judicial system rise up to this issue of defection.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by DerideGull(m): 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
1025:

If I say you are a bloody dimwit with all the trappings of goofy Nigerian, it could be considered as understatement. I do not know the instances of liberty you seem to pursue. However, liberty is the right to do as a person wishes within the law. If robber breaks into my house and he/she is caught and I decided not to press charges against the robber does not indicate that other homeowners will not press charges when the same robber breaks into their houses. If PPA did not wish to pursue the provision as stipulated in section 177(c) of the 1999 Constitution, what has such myopic decision by PPA got to do with PDP's wish to pursue the full course of the law as provided by the constitution?

Besides tribal bigotry and idiocy, blind load of misplaced sentiment is another huge clog in the wheels of Nigerian progress. Nothing kills democracy more than decamping from one political party to another party without vacating the elective position.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by DerideGull(m): 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Longeria: You're the greater fool. Did PPA challenge the defection of Ohakim and Orji?

Bros at times, I can not fathom the source of stupidity being displayed in this forum. Even though I usually challenged the saying that Nigerians have considerable level of low IQ, the streams of thoughts witnessed on this forum make my challenge look ridiculous.

What has inability of PPA to challenge the defection of Ohakim and Orji got to do with PDP's challenge?
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by gregg2: 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Okorocha's name was never on the ballot. It was APGA.
People thumbprinted APGA.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by DerideGull(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
le bien connu:

You are right. The guy is the chairman of the Association of Igbo Smokers of Nigeria (AISN). though his political analysis is very poor, stewpid, and childish he is an excellent weed smoker.

Did you ever scale over JAMB's obstacles? In fact, did you secure West African school certificate? If the answers are yes, you need to be thoroughly investigated.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Alhaji rochas benjamin adekunle okorocha is going nowhere.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Olastep1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
It seems Nigerians now like GEJ or only peculiar to Nairalanders?
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Olastep1: It seems Nigerians now like GEJ or only peculiar to Nairalanders?
only nairaland igbos.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by baralatie(m): 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
TribalEAST: Alhaji rochas benjamin adekunle okorocha is going nowhere.
kilode?
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Longeria(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2013
TribalEAST: Alhaji rochas benjamin adekunle okorocha is going nowhere.
I dey laff you.
Re: Sack Okorocha For Defecting To APC, APGA Tells Court by Garrithe1st: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2013
Ibos...

smh

(1) (Reply)

Join Naijer.com New And Better Forums For Nigerians Everywhere / OAU Student Burning Down Awo Hall Prefer Musiwa Independent Western Nigeria / Everybody Pls Salt (NACL) Do Deactivate Viruses. Research Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.