Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,649 members, 7,951,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Obasanjo To Jonathan:I Stand By Contents Of My Letter. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan:I Stand By Contents Of My Letter. (532 Views)

The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / ECOWAS Vows Never To Invite Obasanjo To Monitor Election / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Jonathan:I Stand By Contents Of My Letter. by explicit770(f): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo on
Monday said he would not give more details on
the letter he sent to President Goodluck
Jonathan few days ago. Obasanjo, in a statement issued by his Special
Assistant on Media, Tunde Oladunjoye, said it is
no longer necessary to dwell on the content of
the letter. The former president, however, stated that he
stood by everything he wrote in the letter. The statement reads: “Since the publication of the letter written by
the President, Commander-in-Chief of the
Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR,
which was in response to the letter earlier
written by revered former President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun
Obasanjo, GCFR; we have received several
requests from local and international media
asking to know Chief Obasanjo’s reaction to Mr.
President’s response. “One, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR,
acknowledges Mr. President’s letter/response.
However, Baba, as he already indicated in his
December 2, 2013, does not wish to make
further comments beyond the contents of his
last letter to the Mr. President or react to the said letter/response from Dr. Goodluck Ebele
Jonathan. Let me quote from page fourteen,
paragraph two of Chief Obasanjo’s letter to Mr.
President dated December 2, 2013 and titled
Before It Is Too Late: ‘I will maintain my serenity, because by this
letter I have done my duty to you as I have
always done, to your government, to the party,
PDP, and to our country, Nigeria’. “Two, let me reiterate here, that Chief Olusegun
Obasanjo, GCFR has tremendous respect for the
office of the President of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria. “Chief Olusegun Obasanjo sincerely appreciates
all of you, my cherished colleagues; gentlemen
and women of the media profession, who have
been very upright, ethical and robust on the sybject matter".
thenationonlineng.net/new/obasanjo-to-jonathan-i-stood-by-contents-of-my-letter/

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan:I Stand By Contents Of My Letter. by jamace(m): 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
"Baba, prove your allegations", that's what GEJ is saying.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan:I Stand By Contents Of My Letter. by wengerjay(m): 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
As useless as a dead/condemned clock is,the clock stil dey make sense or talk true twice in 24 hours o.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan:I Stand By Contents Of My Letter. by OAM4J: 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2013

(1)

Breaking News!!.ex-anglican Primate Kidnapped, Rescued In Ogun / I Was Never Recommended For Sack - Oduah / President Jonathan Refutes Own Remarks About Terrorism. Blames The Press

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.