Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,869 members, 7,969,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:18 AM

Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland (18804 Views)

Poll: Cursing people: Is this a Christian thing to do?

Yes: 13% (10 votes)
No!: 86% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2008
Brash!:

OYEDEPO IS AN HYPOCRITICAL MORONIC "MAN OF GOD"that is even if hez a true man of God, but i wont judge
Do not judge.Let him be whureva he wants to be and let God judge him.

You berra not join all dese pple dem oh. angry
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MrCrackles(m): 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2008
Missy B:

You berra not join all dese people them oh. angry

grin
Even if the rest of the world says YES and u say NO, i would always listen to you tongue

No beef against Oyedepo, and certainly, i hate judging people, but that OGA just be hypocrite jare grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
Missy B:

You berra not join all dese people them oh. angry

If we are not allowed to judge, then why do all societies have a form of code of law that judges its citizens, prisons to detaining miscreants, and all sorts of legislation? How would the world be without us judging and holding others to account?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by JeSoul(f): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
ice_zik:

I'm not judging the Bishop Oyedapo. All I'm saying is that all those that said he cursed the robbers out of anger should go and rethink their statements. A true Christian would never react out of anger. Therefore, I'm assuming he (Oyedapo) cursed the robbers because he either knows it was right or feels it was right.
 huh? my dear christians are NOT perfect! we get angry, disappointed, frustrated, hurt etc just like everyone else and sometimes we react in a manner that is not christ-like. BUT this does not mean the person ceases to be a christian just because they made a mistake or said something wrong.

Can't we just accept oga Oyedepo made a mistake? is this too unthinkable a thing?     na wa oh make una move on, this is NOT a big deal.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MrCrackles(m): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2008
he made an unforgivable mistake judging by the fact that he preaches everyday from his pulpit to a massive congregation not to curse!

he should be ex-communicated! grinNah but seriously,itz out of order but then me i no get beef, who are we not to forgive and forget?!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2008
Brash!:

grin
Even if the rest of the world says YES and u say NO, i would always listen to you tongue

No beef against Oyedepo, and certainly, i hate judging people, but that OGA just be hypocrite jare grin
angry
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ssRhino: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
I am so disappoiinted that Nigerian could actually wanna make us see the thieves as righteous and Oyedepo as the bad guy, but then, why shd i be surprised, Jesus wasnt released but died while people prefered the criminal.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by securi: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2008
Brash!:

he made an unforgivable mistake judging by the fact that he preaches everyday from his pulpit to a massive congregation not to curse!

he should be ex-communicated! grinNah but seriously,itz out of order but then me i no get beef, who are we not to forgive and forget?!

Watch your tongue bro.You have no right to judge antman,leave it for God to judge.
The man in question is a man of God take it or leave it.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MrCrackles(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
GOSS:

Watch your tongue bro.You have no right to judge antman,leave it for God to judge.
The man in question is a man of God take it or leave it.

Thank you sir, you are a good man! wink
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MrCrackles(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
Missy B:

angry

why are you looking smug Miss?!cheer up cheesy
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
huxley:

If we are not allowed to judge, then why do all societies have a form of code of law that judges its citizens, prisons to detaining miscreants, and all sorts of legislation?   How would the world be without us judging and holding others to account?
Huxley
No matter what you and your cohort think,say,do on and outside nland about this issue,its still not gon change anything.If he fell outta line,its bcuzz he's not perfect (considering the fact that he's human).The funny thing aboout it is:if he realises he has erred and confesses to God,it wouldn't tk time b4 everything bcomes normal and his stain cleaned.

So you all quit taking drug for sm1 else's headache.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2008

We can all confess our sins, God is merciful and kind and we are all free to do whatever we want.

Talk about a chaotic world.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
$$Rhino:

I am so disappoiinted that Nigerian could actually want to make us see the thieves as righteous and Oyedepo as the bad guy, but then, why should i be surprised, Jesus wasnt released but died while people prefered the criminal.
I'm inlove with this statment.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by anonimi: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
Can Oyedepo also curse himself
Think about it.
If he continues to honour those who steal from their government and private sector positions and collect donations/tithes/vows/seed offerings etc that he should have "vision/word of knowledge" that it is beyond the givers' legitimate income then he-Oyedepo is also a thief. shocked
As the Yoruba's say, eni gbe epo laja o jale to bi eni gba lowo e - He who stole is less guilty compared to the receiver (instigator) of the stealing. sad
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by omobachi(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
Quote from: $$Rhino on Today at 02:24:48 PM
I am so disappointed that Nigerian could actually want to make us see the thieves as righteous and Oyedepo as the bad guy, but then, why should i be surprised, Jesus wasn't released but but was offered for be crucified while the people preferred the criminal, Barnabas.
This is exactly what is happening on this thread. God's word says Christians will judge the world, not here after but starting from this earth.
THANK YOU
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Beline(f): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
he should have prayed for their repentance instead of cursing them for God alone can curse those who cursed us as it is stated in the book of life and vengeance is of God.

Christianity is to draw sinners to God for Christ came because of sinners and by cursing you drive them to hell not saving their souls. please lets be souls winner instead of fast tracking their way to condemnation.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
We can all confess our sins, God is merciful and kind and we are all free to do whatever we want.

Talk about a chaotic world.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ Beline   I agreee!!! In my opinion, this only shows that there are different versions of christianity and as humans, people most likely choose  choose the christianity that works for their lifestyles  shocked shocked shocked

Just like the Bible was edited over and over again to tell a believeable story, so do we edit beliefs!!!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by icezik1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2008
anonimi:

Can Oyedepo also curse himself
Think about it.
If he continues to honour those who steal from their government and private sector positions and collect donations/tithes/vows/seed offerings etc that he should have "vision/word of knowledge" that it is beyond the givers' legitimate income then he-Oyedepo is also a thief. shocked
As the Yoruba's say, eni gbe epo laja o jale to bi eni gba lowo e - He who stole is less guilty compared to the receiver (instigator) of the stealing. sad

'Nuff Said! I heard they are probing Jimoh Ibrahim, one of Bishop Oyedapo's good friends
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Beline(f): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
@madamkoko, i acknowledge the fact that people interpret the gospel to suit their life-style, I'm sorry for them for Christians belief especially Christ's teaching cannot be change.

For those that brought the issue of fig tree, no one has ever eaten from that tree and Christ curse it because it was a waste on the land that would have been used for another thing, that tells us what will happen to the pretenders who paralate themselves as Christ's followers on the last day. so please lets stop interpreting bible on the face value.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ssRhino: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
I personally think that if the thieves has gone to the church and ask for bread or food, they would have been fed, so they have commited what is against the word of God, and cursing such men is in accordance with the bible, see the case of the husband and wife that lied to one of the desciple after they have sold their house to give to church and the man of God said, why have u chosen to lie to the holy spirit, he just speak the word and they died, now would u say the man of God was an hypo, ?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Classigal(f): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2008
WHAT!!! No one is hunting to Talibaning Mr Seun, I was only giving an advice and ur reply wasnt necessary and didnt contribute any sense to the topic.

@ poster, except u read-upside-down I cant remember using words carelessly.
angry angry angry angry
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by olabowale(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Beline:
« #180 on: Today at 04:53:04 PM »
For those that brought the issue of fig tree, no one has ever eaten from that tree and Christ curse it because it was a waste on the land that would have been used for another thing, that tells us what will happen to the pretenders who paralate themselves as Christ's followers on the last day. so please lets stop interpreting bible on the face value.

How can you derive from a figtree that is leavy, and has no fruits on it, in the off season, that it is a waste on the land? Do mango tree fruit of season? If any tree produces off its season, would that not be a phenom? in this case, shouldn't the prophet perform a miracle and commanding the tree to fruit right there because he needs to eat from it?

That would have been something, instead of killing it. Where is the mercy in there? Also where is the mercy on the thief that did not acknowledge him on the cross? If you are merciful, the mercy should be expressed on those who have not worked to merit it. Example was that thief, and the other just received what he deserved.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Tatase(f): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
I don't think Oyedepo is a bad guy but that's not to say it is right to curse your enemies as Christians. Sometimes when you're working hard to achieve something and then through wickedness someone takes it away from you, it's a really hard pill to swallow and it can make you bitter. Because even though the things on earth are just things, and we're not really supposed to get attached to them, it takes hard work to get them, so of course we become attached. It's hard to bless someone who has stolen from you, or who has killed someone you love, or who has basically sinned against you. But we do those things to God all the time and he gives us grace. I'm not saying that me I don't curse my enemies o,  I'm just saying that to be a better christian, it's something to work towards,  this blessing your enemies business,
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Urchie(f): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2008
So how do you know that the man in question is annointed Huh is it because he established a church Huh would you classify Rev King as annointed Huh What criteria do youu use to determine an annointed man of God Even though there are genuine men of God out there, i am certain there are more pretenders than the genuine ones. Any way to answer my previous question the bible says by their fruits you shall know them.

FROM WHAT U SAID, ITS OBVIOUS U ARE IGNORANT OF THE THINGS OF THIS SPIRIT.
THE BIBLE SAID THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DECERNED AND SO ITS FOOLISHNESS TO THE MIND. SO I NEED NOT TRY TO CONVINCE U ABT HIS ANNOINTING, COS IF U COULD, U WOULD HAV KNOWN HE IS ANOINTED
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Urchie(f): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2008
I am so disappoiinted that Nigerian could actually want to make us see the thieves as righteous and Oyedepo as the bad guy, but then, why should i be surprised, Jesus wasnt released but died while people prefered the criminal.
I'm inlove with this statment.
my dear this is the height of it. In fact call it the wonder of the century.
Come to think of it, how can ppl think of where to steal and the best place their mind told them is the church, dont u think they r already meant for doom. Do u know what the church means?
DO u understand what that is, a holy place where the anointing rests.
In the old testament that Moses used to go and meet God in the mountain, haven't u read how the glory of God covers there. That is where God lives. Just tell me that while Moses was in the desert with the children of Israel that if someone had gone and stolen from the tabernacle that he/ she would have been spared.

Oyedepo admonished the robbers, who threw the whole church community and the entire ancient Ota community into pandemonium with the robbery operation, that failure to hand themselves over to the police would mean their death.
He even tried and showed all the love Jesus Himself would hav shown by asking them to report themselves and not pronouncing the curse outrightly

In the words of Oyedepo, "I give them 24 hours, unless this place does not belong to God."/quote]

And to all of u that r fighting whether he is of God or not, check out the statement. Can u talk with such an audacity.
If robbers could be bold enough or stupid enough to go into the church and steal then the man of God is equally audacious to pronounce whatever he is led to say to them!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Urchie(f): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2008
In the words of Oyedepo, "I give them 24 hours, unless this place does not belong to God."/quote]

And to all of u that r fighting whether he is of God or not, check out the statement. Can u talk with such an audacity.
If robbers could be bold enough or stupid enough to go into the church and steal then the man of God is equally audacious to pronounce whatever he is led to say to them!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Urchie(f): 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2008
In the words of Oyedepo, "I give them 24 hours, unless this place does not belong to God

Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by olukunle: 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
When some people talk in here, I wonder if there are any Christians in here at all.
The bible in Matthew chapter 21 verses 19-20 talks about Jesus Christ cursing a fig tree cos the tree bore no fruits. Th bible also says suffer not a witch to live. Exodus 22 verse 18 also says suffer not a witch to live. It is therefore difficult for some people to understand certain things, except those who really and deeply nderstand whta the bible says about certain things. It is better to be an atheist than say you are a Christian and condemn what a man of God says simply because you are ignorant of what the bible says.

Mind you, am not a member of winners chapel, but I will stand up any day for what the BIBLE says
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by olukunle: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
When some people talk in here, I wonder if there are any Christians in here at all.
The bible in Matthew chapter 21 verses 19-20 talks about Jesus Christ cursing a fig tree cos the tree bore no fruits. Th bible also says suffer not a witch to live. Exodus 22 verse 18 also says suffer not a witch to live. It is therefore difficult for some people to understand certain things, except those who really and deeply nderstand whta the bible says about certain things. It is better to be an atheist than say you are a Christian and condemn what a man of God says simply because you are ignorant of what the bible says.

Mind you, am not a member of winners chapel, but I will stand up any day for what the BIBLE says
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2008
olukunle:

The bible in Matthew chapter 21 verses 19-20 talks about Jesus Christ cursing a fig tree because the tree bore no fruits. Th bible also says suffer not a witch to live. Exodus 22 verse 18 also says suffer not a witch to live. It is therefore difficult for some people to understand certain things, except those who really and deeply nderstand whta the bible says about certain things. It is better to be an atheist than say you are a Christian and condemn what a man of God says simply because you are ignorant of what the bible says.

sir can i buy u a drink?u've really made my day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet David Angel And His Wife Celebrate Birthday In Style / Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? / Antichrist At Work!the Maddest Novel History Ever Produced. (the Davinci Code)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.