Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,079 members, 7,939,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment (1507 Views)

10 Types Of People We Meet After Church Dismissal (hilarious) / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / Nigerian Church Gives First Class Graduates Brand New Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 28, 2013
A mother who claimed she was turned away from a church's toy giveaway because she wouldn't let volunteers hold her baby says her Christmas was saved by an Oklahoma atheist group.

So, the poor woman couldnt afford christmas gifts and was turned away from the church's toy giveaway because she wouldnt let them hold her baby. Then an atheist group heard about it and gave her donations of cash and toys.......
http://www.pressrepublican.com/fyi/x1186896885/Mother-says-atheist-group-saved-her-Christmas

1 Like

Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by woky: 5:42am On Dec 28, 2013
this kind news dy sweet you like tea grin grin

good for dem shaa
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: this kind news dy sweet you like tea grin grin

good for dem shaa

The news sweet na!! grin grin

Atheists help save christmas cheesy cheesy
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by texanomaly(f): 5:51am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Interesting...

Very kind of them.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

Interesting...

Very kind of them.

cheesy

It kinda destroys this stuff;

Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by texanomaly(f): 6:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

cheesy

It kinda destroys this stuff;

Psalm 14:1
King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

*smile*

I walked right into that one, didn't I? Funny how you Atheist lay in wait for just the right sucker to come along, so you can lay that scripture on them. smh

btw...When did I ever say that Atheist are corrupt, do abominable works, and none of them do any good? Another thing, when did I ever say I take everything in the Bible to be the absolute gospel? Some of my Christian friends may be taken aback by this. Anyone who knows anything about the history of the Bible knows it is a collection of books, letters and other materials that has been translated from other languages. Then that book has been translated over and over again. Every time something gets translated from one language to another, it tends to lose something in translation. That is why I refuse to use these 'New' versions of the Bible in modern language. These beautiful books lose enough when translated out of their original language, and into Latin, or King James English. Much less try to translate them into the vulgar English language of today. This is why I study the Bible prayerfully, with intent and purpose. I don't automatically take any churches translation to be gospel. Look around. They all have different translations of the same works. smh

You chose the wrong sucker this time LB.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

*smile*

I walked right into that one, didn't I? Funny how you Atheist lay in wait for just the right sucker to come along, so you can lay that scripture on them. smh

btw...When did I ever say that Atheist are corrupt, do abominable works, and none of them do any good? Another thing, when did I ever say I take everything in the Bible to be the absolute gospel? Some of my Christian friends may be taken aback by this. Anyone who knows anything about the history of the Bible knows it is a collection of books, letters and other materials that has been translated from other languages. Then that book has been translated over and over again. Every time something gets translated from one language to another, it tends to lose something in translation. That is why I refuse to use these 'New' versions of the Bible in modern language. These beautiful books lose enough when translated out of their original language, and into Latin, or King James English. Much less try to translate them into the vulgar English language of today. This is why I study the Bible prayerfully, with intent and purpose. I don't automatically take any churches translation to be gospel. Look around. They all have different translations of the same works. smh

You chose the wrong sucker this time LB.

grin grin grin

*Raises hands in the air*

Busted.....you caught me, Tex...
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by texanomaly(f): 6:44am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin

kiss
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by woky: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

yea

good news
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by SalC: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03: A mother who claimed she was turned away from a church's toy giveaway because she wouldn't let volunteers hold her baby says her Christmas was saved by an Oklahoma atheist group.

So, the poor woman couldnt afford christmas gifts and was turned away from the church's toy giveaway because she wouldnt let them hold her baby. Then an atheist group heard about it and gave her donations of cash and toys.......
http://www.pressrepublican.com/fyi/x1186896885/Mother-says-atheist-group-saved-her-Christmas

Erm the title here get as e be

The blame shouldn't go to the church but the volunteers who decided to introduce a rule not given by the church.

The action of the atheist group too is quite commendable alongside the christian woman who brought out toy for the child and the one who brought them christmas stuff to apologize in the evening. The pastor too should keep to his promise of investigating the matter and prevent further such occurrence. The action of those volunteers is the type that bring bad name to such christian institution, the church has to forestall such action.

@tex. I totally agree with you on the bible version and translation post
Christian should realize that some bible sayings should not be taken at face value or out of context.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by woky: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin

can Mynd_44 help this thread to Fp??
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Sunymoore(m): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2013
very good, infact I'm very happy
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by texanomaly(f): 8:47am On Dec 28, 2013
Sal C:

The blame shouldn't go to the church but the volunteers who decided to introduce a rule not given by the church.

The action of the atheist group too is quite commendable alongside the christian woman who brought out toy for the child and the one who brought them christmas stuff to apologize in the evening. The pastor too should keep to his promise of investigating the matter and prevent further such occurrence. The action of those volunteers is the type that bring bad name to such christian institution, the church has to forestall such action.

Christian should realize that some bible sayings should not be taken at face value or out of context.

Thanx smiley
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by texanomaly(f): 8:47am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: can Mynd_44 help this thread to Fp??
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Joshthefirst(m): 8:58am On Dec 28, 2013
Good for the atheists. It doesn't really help them before God though. Good works do not negate evil works and thoughts before God.
So the verse still stands.

And the verse is the same in all translations and in the original texts and scrolls. Conveying the same message.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by woky: 9:05am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: Good for the atheists. It doesn't really help them before God though. Good works do not negate evil works and thoughts before God.

And the verse is the same in all translations and in the original texts and scrolls. Conveying the same message.
Josh nwannem nwoke, we dy drag land? grin

ke d way?
Udo odikwa??
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Joshthefirst(m): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: Josh nwannem nwoke, we dy drag land? grin

ke d way?
Udo odikwa??
lol. Udo di nwanne. Kee maka ginwa? Kee maka ndi be gi?
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by woky: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: lol. Udo di nwanne. Kee maka ginwa? Kee maka ndi be gi?
they ar all fine

trust ndi begi dikwa ok
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: Good for the atheists. It doesn't really help them before God though. Good works do not negate evil works and thoughts before God.

OMG! WHO THE FAWK CARES ABOUT GOD??

WE ATHEIST DO GOOD OUT OF OUR HEARTS FOR THE
BENEFIT OF MAN AND NOT JUST TO IMPRESS GOD
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by woky: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Logicboy don tear singlet grin
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Joshthefirst(m): 9:39am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

you're the one who brought God and the bible up in this thread. Everything you do here centers around God and you trying to debunk him. So don't lie to yourself thinking you don't care about a God you mock and curse and argue about everyday. You don't see anyone mocking and cursing santa claus or the flying spaghetti monster do you. Keep your butthurt to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Joshthefirst(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: Logicboy don tear singlet grin
grin grin grin

Abeg tell am may hin take am easy ooo.

Him head wan explode. grin
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 28, 2013
Sal C:

True talk
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by woky: 9:46am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin

Abeg tell am may hin take am easy ooo.

Him head wan explode. grin
Lol

gringrin grin grin grin
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: you're the one who brought God and the bible up in this thread. Everything you do here centers around God and you trying to debunk him. So don't lie to yourself thinking you don't care about a God you mock and curse and argue about everyday. You don't see anyone mocking and cursing santa claus or the flying spaghetti monster do you. Keep your butthurt to yourself.

grin grin

You have started again.

Unlike santa n spag monster, we arent told to respect the megalomania of your God
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Joshthefirst(m): 9:56am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin

You have started again.

Unlike santa n spag monster, we arent told to respect the megalomania of your God
actually, no one forces you to do anything for God, but you continually twist and twist and jump and scream and tear your hair out. Chei. Your people continually try all they can to eradicate religion, especially the christian religion, people like Dawkins openly encouraging others to curse and mock christianity and God. No one is europe is forcing atheists to become christians, yet same atheists boldly arrogantly harass every christian they come across. That should tell you something is wrong.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: actually, no one forces you to do anything for God, but you continually twist and twist and jump and scream and tear your hair out. Chei. Your people continually try all they can to eradicate religion, especially the christian religion, people like Dawkins openly encouraging others to curse and mock christianity and God. No one is europe is forcing atheists to become christians, yet same atheists boldly arrogantly harass every christian they come across. That should tell you something is wrong.

What the hell do you mean by ‘atheists boldly arrogantly harass every christian they come across’?

Furthermore, thanks for feigning ignorance about how christians force their religion into national law
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Ranchhoddas: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2013

so the only reason you do good is to get God's approval...i see.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Joshthefirst(m): 10:35am On Dec 28, 2013
Ranchhoddas: so the only reason you do good is to get God's approval...i see.
I was talking in relation to the post he made. Stop reading empty meanings. Chai. I'm tired of all this.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: I was talking in relation to the post he made. Stop reading empty meanings. Chai. I'm tired of all this.

Lies
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Joshthefirst(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lies
sorry, I started ignoring your false accusations long ago.
Re: Mother Thanks Atheist Group For A Good Xmas After Church Gives Her Bad Treatment by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry, I started ignoring your false accusations long ago.

Ignoring them by quoting them and responding to them.....very sensible indeed cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Separation Of Church/mosque And State Will Benefitafrica / C.a.c. Sunday School .drop Your Post Here. / Abu Dhabi Sheikh Confer With Pagan Hindu Priests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.