Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,133 members, 7,928,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:29 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics (9962 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2008
powderPink:

coughs*** no assumption dearie wink
So what is it?
Am I safe to say that your "hypothesis" was wrong?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by powderPink(f): 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2008
lol funny stuff
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by DrKitaun(m): 12:00am On Aug 18, 2008
whoever said Ghanian men are finer than the wowo-est of Naija men is taking the piss tongue cool
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 18, 2008
Kitaun, am I not right?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by DrKitaun(m): 1:26am On Aug 18, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Kitaun, am I not right?

say what ? undecided
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 18, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

say what ? undecided
[size=18pt]I SAID, AM I NOT RIGHT?[/size]

Kitaun, I hope you're not losing your sight o. I can lend you my prescription lens, if you want. grin grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by DrKitaun(m): 1:38am On Aug 18, 2008
back @topic  cool

I wonder why all the Americans lay low and allow all the Jamaicans to flog 'em silly in the 100 women's final . . .  shocked

from the semis, I would have thought Keron Stewart would win, but Ann-Fraser sure looked good  wink

Osayomi was wack in the semis, she probably should have feigned sickness as she looked like she'd just eaten pounded yam  shocked  grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by chikend(m): 1:42am On Aug 18, 2008
wats wrong with nigerian sports on the international stage?
excluding men's soccer anyway.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by bwapretty: 2:53am On Aug 18, 2008
those Jamaican!!!
and the country is smaller than
the average naija city.
they are less than 2 mil people there
it must be the hemp that they smoke or perhaps the dreadlocks hair.

understand that they are as spirited as hell, cant put them down.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 18, 2008
No doubt~ Naija has disgraced me in the Athletics! Even that babe wey I think say go do me proud don mess up! Na wa ooo! undecided cry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 18, 2008
jassie:

No doubt~ Naija has disgraced me in the Athletics! Even that babe wey I think say go do me proud don mess up! Na wa ooo! undecided cry

they didnt disgrace me, they simply did what i expected them to do - win nothing . . . and then blame lack of funds as usual.

We'll be "back to the drawing board" again hoping to plan to fail in London 2012.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by KarmaMod(f): 4:17am On Aug 18, 2008
naijas in track and foield have been terrible
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by debosky(m): 4:22am On Aug 18, 2008
Its not an excuse David, even the Dream Team IV has complained about a lack of jerseys to train with. The government has been stupid with its organisation and preparations as usual - anything athletes from Nigeria win has always been IN SPITE of shoddy preparations not because the preparation was good.

Jamaica is small, but is dedicated to training and developing talent - they focus on what they are good at and excel, Nigeria doesn't and we reap the fruits. Government officials prefer their estacode and deals than proper camping and preparation of athletes. How do you expect them to beat people who have been training and preparing for 4 years??

Talent and raw determination can only take you so far, and it obviously wasn't far enough in these games.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 18, 2008
Na wa ooo! Those eaglets gats win Gold for me sha! At least we should be good at something!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by MrCrackles(m): 8:51am On Aug 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

naijas in track and field have been terrible

absolutely shambolic

next time if they dont prepare well, they should save themselves and the nation embarrassment!

and the athletics federation in Nigeria should be disbanded, they are just useless!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Mustay(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2008
total lack of co-ordination ny our 'administrators'
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Orikinla(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
If only the Olympic Games could be rigged, our administrators would have known what to do in Beijing.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by mukina2: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2008
Cameroun wins gold in triple jump

SA wins silver

whats with Bolt and slowing down when  he is almost at the end sef tongue

I know the the guy from Zimbabwe will get a medal from that race

3000m stiplechase .those kenyans tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Condom: 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2008
Why is the Nothing But Crap network ignoring Usain Bolt?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by chikend(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2008
Condom:

u know why propaganda. na now u dey notice am?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by chikend(m): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2008
by the way, we dey wait 4 olympics to end so that our gov. go set up committees to probe the performance , angry as usual
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by doyin13(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2008
Why has no one given a mention to Naija's Christine Ohurogu's
gold medal in the 400m. Outstanding race she ran jo.

I expect another gold for Nigerian in the Triple Jump where Phillips Idowu is favourite.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2008
Condom:

He isnt American, he isnt white.

No white or asian has ever run the 100m in less than 10seconds.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Mustay(m): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2008
The british have made enough publicity about Christine.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Iyineda(m): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
Check this out, guys. Interesting news. cool
http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=13112&z=1
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Mustay(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2008
yesterday, Damola Osayomi, who had said she would not compete in the 200 metres because she wanted to concentrate on the relays, changed her mind at the last minute to compete in the race. But her decision did not change Nigeria's fortunes as she failed to make the semifinals. She won the early rounds but crashed out in the second round.

Gloria Kemasuede, who also competed in the event, did not advance beyond the early rounds. Similarly, Goddy James and Saul Weipogwa crashed out in the semifinal of the men's 400 metres early yesterday. In the men's 110 metres hurdles, Selim Nurudeen also could not advance beyond the second round.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by MrCrackles(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2008
Mustay:

yesterday, Damola Osayomi, who had said she would not compete in the 200 metres because she wanted to concentrate on the relays, changed her mind at the last minute to compete in the race. But her decision did not change Nigeria's fortunes as she failed to make the semifinals. She won the early rounds but crashed out in the second round.

Gloria Kemasuede, who also competed in the event, did not advance beyond the early rounds. Similarly, Goddy James and Saul Weipogwa crashed out in the semifinal of the men's 400 metres early yesterday. In the men's 110 metres hurdles, Selim Nurudeen also could not advance beyond the second round.

Is it surprising they are all crashing and crumbling?!

when you have a stupid imcompetent olympic committee and sports federation who only lay emphasis on venue tourism rather than preparedness, organisation and planning, what you get is a disastrous showing!

I don't put all the blame on the athletes!They have the abilities and are capable of performing only if they got enough support and motivation.

I have a friend who represented Britain in the high Jump yesterday, Germaine Mason (who switched allegiance from Jamaica a few years ago) and i know when this dude has been preparing plus all the support he recieved from the British Olympics Committee. You could put money on him winning a medal because he was ready.

Our own athletes were busy fighting for money and communication was none-existent about keeping them all together and informed!

It is a shame, and yet Mr President opened his loud mouth to ask for 8Gold Medals?! E EASY!!! grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by bwapretty: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2008
more gold for the Jamaicans.
200M
400M hurdles.

now that the Americans can't get to use drugs
the real force in Athletics is shining through.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by crazylegs(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2008
When do the relays come up? We tend to manage at least a couple of medals.  even an additional bronze would be appreciated

**Newsflash**

Usain Bolt has broken the 200m world record. The guy is less than 23 and he's already in legend territory. Na wa oh.

PHE-NO-ME-NON!!

This year there are TWO REAL of heros: Phelps and Bolt.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by mukina2: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
Usain Bolt! grin
damn this boy . .record breaker grin
I really wanted that Zimbabwe guy to win something embarassed

400m huddles . Jamaica again tongue

Kenyans haaaaa tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by MrCrackles(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2008
mukina2:

Usain Bolt! grin
damn this boy . .record breaker grin
I really wanted that Zimbabwe guy to win something embarassed

400m huddles . Jamaica again tongue

Kenyans haaaaa tongue

Bolt absolutely decimated every other athletes and the iceing on the cake is the, fact that he did it so effortlessly!pure class
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Mustay(m): 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2008
Bwa, America ain't too far from Jamaica na!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAFCL/CC: Rivers United, Bayelsa United Advance Into Next Round / Vincent Enyeama - I Can Be The Best In The World / Namibia Coach Resigns After Receiving Death Threats.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.