Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,295 members, 7,913,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:08 AM

Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children (2304 Views)

Seven Men Abduct, Gang-rape Fashion Designer / Gunmen Abduct Winners Pastor During Prayer Session / Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by dont8(m): 2:21am On Dec 31, 2013

Abducted pastor, Mr. Godson Akubiro, and six of his children

A 27-man gang on Friday abducted a pastor, Mr. Godson Akubiro, and six of his children from their Adeosun Street residence, Koya Estate, Igbo Olomu, Ikorodu, Lagos State.

Akubiro is said to be the founder of Mountain of Breakthrough Church in the area. The incident was said to have occurred about 1.30am.

Neighbours, who requested anonymity, told PUNCH Metro that the gunmen arrived at Akubiro residence in three jeeps and a Toyota Tundra vehicle. The number plates of the vehicles were said to have been covered. The gunmen, who wore army camouflage, had allegedly gained entrance into the house with the aid of an iron cutter.

It was learnt that since the abduction, no one had heard from Akubiro and his six children.

The Community Developmen Association Chairman, Mr. Yinka Obasan, said he was alerted about the development about 2am.

“I got a call that night from a resident who was coming from a vigil. He told me that he noticed some military vehicles parked outside Akubiro’s home. He said the vehicles belonged to a high ranking military official because the insignia was covered.

“I told the man to wait for me and together we went to Akubiro’s home. When we got there, I greeted the men I met outside and introduced myself as the CDA chairman. I asked them if there was a problem. Instead of answering me, they turned on my companion and accused him of alerting me.

“After berating both of us for not minding our business, they forced us to sit on the ground and seized our phones. There was another resident sitting on the ground; they had detained him since 12am when they arrived. Then they started beating us.”

It was learnt that inside the Akubiro residence six of Akubiro’s children were in the sitting room watching a movie, when the men, said to be dressed in dark googles, black jeans and heavy bullet proof vests entered.

PUNCH Metro gathered that they told the terrified children that they were policemen and proceeded to drag their father, who was sleeping, from his bedroom into the sitting room. The six children, whose ages ranged between 30 and eight years, were beaten up.

One of them, an eight-year-old named Emeka, was allegedly tied to a tree in the compound. No reason was allegedly given by the gunmen for their actions.

Another 18-year-old boy named Obiora was said to have been tortured with a taser. Akubiro’s wife, Rita, was said to be away on a trip to South Africa at the time.

It was learnt that the gunmen later took Akubiro away along with Ada, his first daughter, Obiora, Oyinyenchi, Felicia,, Nonso and Kingsley. Three person were allegedly left behind – Emeka, Chidera and a baby.

Obasan said, “Around 2.45am, those who were inside came out with Akubiro and his children. They said they were going to the man’s church to burn it down – Akubiro is the founder and head of the Mountain of Breakthrough Church on Breakthrough Street in this estate.

“They put their victims in their vehicles and zoomed off. Before leaving, they threw our phones at us.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that immediately the gunmen left, a report was lodged at the Owutu Police Division.

However, the DPO was said to have denied that the gunmen were policemen.

PUNCH Metro learnt that since the incident, no one had been able to establish contact with Akubiro and his children. His wife Rita, who returned from South Africa the following day, was said to have received no calls concerning their whereabouts.

There was no response from the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer DSP Ngozi Braide as she did not respond to calls and text message to her phone.

http://www.punchng.com/news/gunmen-abduct-pastor-six-children/
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by Ichel: 2:24am On Dec 31, 2013
Booked
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 31, 2013
Heart breaking. These guys gather liver pieces. No fear of reprisal. From the report. They were at his residence for almost 3 hours!

God knows their motive. But why abduct 6 innocent children. This is madness. Pray for their safe return

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by Jakumo(m): 2:30am On Dec 31, 2013
Holy phuck. A 27-man kidnapper gang dressed in army uniforms is a major attack, that was obviously well planned and financed.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by dont8(m): 2:36am On Dec 31, 2013
Speechless is the word here, it must have been a transaction gone wrong (just saying).
Jakumo: Holy phuck. A 27-man kidnapper gang dressed in army uniforms is a major attack, that was obviously well planned and financed.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by dont8(m): 2:42am On Dec 31, 2013
Amen and I pray God touch their (the abductors) heart in the spirit of the season.
osaass: Heart breaking. These guys gather liver pieces. No fear of reprisal. From the report. They were at his residence for almost 3 hours!

God knows their motive. But why abduct 6 innocent children. This is madness. Pray for their safe return
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by Cooldude001: 3:37am On Dec 31, 2013
May the Lord grant them safe return home IJN

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by bcomputer101: 6:49am On Dec 31, 2013
I smell something!

How are we sure if the pastor is not a cult member?

But i pray God will keep him and family.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by collynzo2(m): 7:28am On Dec 31, 2013
This is not ordinary.
This is Lagos state government sponsored terrorism.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by dont8(m): 8:42am On Dec 31, 2013
You seems to know much of the abducting, can you kindly report this to the nearest police station, as this could help
them greatly in their investigations so far, thanks!
collynzo2: This is not ordinary.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by phillippiano(m): 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
collynzo2: This is not ordinary.
Mumu, i'm sure it'll be the handiwork of your kinsmen.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2013
nawa ooo,xtians are nw endangered species in d sw n ne.d oda day it was a retired arch bishop n today a pastor.i hope dt they wont be used for ritual sad sad

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 9:55am On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: nawa ooo,xtians are nw endangered species in d sw n ne.d oda day it was a retired arch bishop n today a pastor.i hope dt they wont be used for ritual sad sad
Are you allergic to typing in English??
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by 4chi: 10:14am On Dec 31, 2013
Most probably eeebo 419 at work. The fake pastor must have cornered some mugu money all to himself and his "boys" are angry. This is a clear case of y.ibo on y.ibo crime and they should be left to rot in their spew... Mongrels
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: Are you allergic to typing in English??
old man,stp folowin me around nl lik a gay sad sad shudn't u b in ur place of work or are u dt jobless to be staying online 24/7
next u quote me,i wont mind tellin u to GO N DIE
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: old man,stp folowin me around nl lik a gay sad sad shudn't u b in ur place of work or are u dt jobless to be staying online 24/7
Don't still understand you! Btw, are you not supposed to be in your master's house washing clothes for his children??
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 10:32am On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: Don't still understand you! Btw, are you not supposed to be in your master's house washing clothes for his children??
i hope u wont run d mods crying wen i start dealing wit u grin grin.u beta respect ur old self n stp quotin my every post.mind ur business sad sad,i dont insult old pple before they die of hrt attack.if it was in a civilised country,i wud hv sued u for CYBER molestation.
PERVERT!!*spits on his head*
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: i hope u wont run d mods crying wen i start dealing wit u grin grin.u beta respect ur old self n stp quotin my every post.mind ur business sad sad,i dont insult old pple before they die of hrt attack.if it was in a civilised country,i wud hv sued u for CYBER molestation.
PERVERT!!*spits on his head*
Should I call Italiano1 for you again?? If NO, better shut that fucck, or I deal with you myself.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by striker9(m): 11:00am On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: Don't still understand you! Btw, are you not supposed to be in your master's house washing clothes for his children??
Bros you wicked ooooo,anyway man must wack na.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 11:03am On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: Should I call Italiano1 for you again?? If NO, better shut that fucck, or I do with you myself.
hehehe grin grin,sumbody is already scared n he is lukin for sumbody to save him.italian monkey wont save u neither wud u save urself..u beta unfollows dis thread nw before i start doin d needful.
Trouble dey slip iyanga go wake am
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2013
striker9: Bros you wicked ooooo,anyway man must wack na.
Lol, the guy wan claim levels for him boss! I'll deal with him.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: hehehe grin grin,sumbody is already scared n he is lukin for sumbody to save him.italian monkey wont save u neither wud u save urself..u beta unfollows dis thread nw before i start doin d needful.
Trouble dey slip iyanga go wake am
You've been barking like a dog, yet, you've done nothing! What's actually your problem?? Why can't you start doing the needful??
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 11:31am On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: You've been barking like a dog, yet, you've done nothing! What's actually your problem?? Why can't you start doing the needful??
i tot u said u wnt to go n call d italian monkey or are u gvin up already.jobless old fool dt kips trolling online 24/7 while most of his mate kips making moni.
Since u ar dis jobless n u stay in edo,why dont u join sum of those agberos dt stays in d motor park n collects #20 for loading goods for passengers.i heard dt they nw hv d category for old pple lik,atleast u wil b helpful to some politicians dt u wil b rigging d next general election.u wil be helpin them to run away wit d ballot box instead stayin online on nl 24/7 n at d end of d day,u go to bed wit an empty stomach grin grin
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: i tot u said u wnt to go n call d italian monkey or are u gvin up already.jobless old fool dt kips trolling online 24/7 while most of his mate kips making moni.
Since u ar dis jobless n u stay in edo,why dont u join sum of those agberos dt stays in d motor park n collects #20 for loading goods for passengers.i heard dt they nw hv d category for old pple lik,atleast u wil b helpful to some politicians dt u wil b rigging d next general election.u wil be helpin them to run away wit d ballot box instead stayin online on nl 24/7 n at d end of d day,u go to bed wit an empty stomach grin grin
I told you earlier to post in the language we'll all understand, so what are all these??

Besides, I only told you to get in touch with Italiano to get the story of your life! Do you think I do a hard labour like you do?? Ie, washing clothes for your master's children??

Let me even reserve my comment, because you're either a mad man or a former mad man. If you're scrutinized very well now, they'll discover, you're nothing but a nincompoop.

Have you gotten you ND certificate?? If NO, pls go get it, and stop engaging yourself in all these namby-pamby.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by ochukoccna: 11:58am On Dec 31, 2013
There is more that meets the eye in this abduction
A business deal gone wrong? embarassed
Someone seeking vengeance? undecided
May God protect him and his children however, this shows the vulnerability of Nigerian neighbourhoods
No security whatsoever angry angry
Shame cry cry

[size=16pt]UPDATE: Just saw this 'pastor' angry angry on channels TV now
He and his family were shown before pressmen as been currency counterfeiters
BLAWDY CRIMINAL tongue tongue
Next thing is he started preaching it was the devil who pushed him to it undecided undecided
That even Jesus was betrayed by Judas and Peter shocked shocked
He was even prostrating grin grin
Can you beat that?[/size]
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: I told you earlier to post in the language we'll all understand, so what are all these??

Besides, I only told you to get in touch with Italiano to get the story of your life! Do you think I do a hard labour like you do?? Ie, washing clothes for your master's children??

Let me even reserve my comment, because you're either a mad man or a former mad man. If you're scrutinized very well now, they'll discover, you're nothing but a nincompoop.

Have you gotten you ND certificate?? If NO, pls go get it, and stop engaging yourself in all these namby-pamby.
rubbish !!u brought it upon urself by quoting me in d ist place,at least afta today u wil tink twice before quoting my handle cheesy cheesy
i stil maintain u get a beta life for urself outside nl n engage in sumtin useful instead of trollin online all today while hunger is trying to kil u..
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: rubbish !!u brought it upon urself by quoting me in d ist place,at least afta today u wil tink twice before quoting my handle cheesy cheesy
i stil maintain u get a beta life for urself outside nl n engage in sumtin useful instead of trollin online all today while hunger is trying to kil u..
Think twice before quoting a nitwit like you?? Are you serious?? Have you washed the clothes of your master's children, before spewing this online sheet?? You handle says it all, you're actually a kid.

Lest I forget, I thought you said, you would tell me to "go and die", if I quote you aging; what are you still waiting for??

Odoriferous fool, like you! It's better for you to stop tittle-tattling.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: Think twice before quoting a nitwit like you?? Are you serious?? Have you washed the clothes of your master's children, before spewing this online sheet?? You handle says it all, you're actually a kid.

Lest I forget, I thought you said, you would tell me to "go and die", if I quote you aging; what are you still waiting for??

Odoriferous fool, like you! It's better for you to stop tittle-tattling.
wats d nid of tellin u to go n die wen i hv discovered dt u ar already a dead walkin corpse ;( ;(,d only tin i shud b tellin u is to go n bury urself grin grin

ur types ar d ones dt i gvs moni in d motor park out of my benevolent nature,so dt hunger wont kil them cheesy cheesy.mayb i wil stp gvin them moni since u ar nw exchangin words wit d hand dt feeds ur brodas in d park sad sad.i hope dt ur son wont tak afta u if u continue being a motor park tout..
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by donphilopus: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: wats d nid of tellin u to go n die wen i hv discovered dt u ar already a dead walkin corpse ;( ;(,d only tin i shud b tellin u is to go n bury urself grin grin

ur types ar d ones dt i gvs moni in d motor park out of my benevolent nature,so dt hunger wont kil them cheesy cheesy.mayb i wil stp gvin them moni since u ar nw exchangin words wit d hand dt feeds ur brodas in d park sad sad.i hope dt ur son wont tak afta u if u continue being a motor park tout..
Is "I gives money" an English sentence?? Look at this thug, tout, hoodlum, ra.pist, cultist, trying to be relevant! Should I say I'm done with you, or I should just continue to coach you?? You're just a bunch of fool.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
Boko Haram south west branch at work?

I pray for their safe return.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
cashkid18: old man,stp folowin me around nl lik a gay sad sad shudn't u b in ur place of work or are u dt jobless to be staying online 24/7

As in eh?

He's life ambition is to become Seun's mod grin
Re: Gunmen Abduct Pastor, Six Children by cashkid18(m): 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
donphilopus: Is "I gives money" an English sentence?? Look at this thug, tout, hoodlum, ra.pist, cultist, trying to be relevant! Should I say I'm done with you, or I should just continue to coach you?? You're just a bunch of fool.
omg shocked shocked,i tot dt i was dealing wit sumbody dt passed tru sec.skul bt u hv nw proved to me dt u ar an agbero to d core who neva passsed his ist skul leaving certificate examination grin
sum
let me help u out,since u ar an olodo:singular pronoun goes wit singular verb
''I'' is a singular pronoun n gives is also a singular verb,so d sentence is damn correct mr olodo sad sad
u shud try n spend sum tym readin some english text books to improve on ur sentence makin instead of trollin online n exchangin words wit kids.
Old man.go n bury urself grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest SCAM In Nigeria. Don't Fall For It / Celebration Gone Wrong. Alleged Drug Dealer Arrested While On Facebook Live. / CCTV Capture A Man Groping A Woman Backside And Punches On Her Face .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.