Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,659 members, 7,979,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 02:06 AM

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... - Education (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (856529 Views)

The Polytechnic Of Ibadan 2014/2015 HND Admission Process / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 National Diploma Admission List Is Out!!! / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 27, 2014
@marc9 abeg Wetin u think Na.....I had 79% mbbs and my state of origin is Oyo state......What do u think Na?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Marc9: Take a chance! Don't change ur course! U stand a beta chance getting ur course under two criteria, 1) Catchment(since every state is UI's catchment area. 2) ELDS(cos kogi, Ebonyi, and all d northern states are ELDStates! U hv a double chance dan odas! Life is abt risk! So take d risk, believe in ur 76! MBBS wld be urs! smiley

the questn now is, does UI do both ELDs and catchment.

Am from Ebonyi
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2014
Jesus ui just posted the pictures of the set of best six candidates on their cutoff list.....
Na wa oooo,see people as old as my uncle applying for mbbs,So this are the set of people am struggling with? I saw a candidate there with beards he looks like 30 something year old
Hahahahahahaa cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 27, 2014
Dapo777: @marc9 abeg Wetin u think Na.....I had 79% mbbs and my state of origin is Oyo state......What do u think Na?
Dapo, MBBS is worth d risk! Life is about taking chances! When Jesus asked peter to join him on water, peter took a very big chance cos he believed and had faith, and at d end, he walked on water! Ur 79 is as good as 80! D good thing is, 1st batch is jamb's compilation, and UI, unlike oda universities, has all d states as catchment(in order to give every one a fair chance, as well as merit based). There are likely goin to be at least 2 batch(es) of list. Take for example, in an international event, the presidents of all states are 1st to be ushered in, followed by Vice presidents. So u see, ur 79 put's u upfront eida in 1st batch, or 2nd batch! Don't be like a leopard dat saw jackals runnin away when a buffalo(cut-off) approached dem, and joined dem in running away! Be like a lion dat stands his ground and roar off d buffalo. Dapo, stand ur ground on MBBS! It's worth d risk. smiley

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by pappyjoe(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2014
Oga ifxy.....talk am you say he dey talk rubbish......but make I talk wetin concern me.....got...61....and my course nah political science.......66....nah my cutoff....WETIN SON OF MAN GO DO?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2014
Marc9: Dapo, MBBS is worth d risk! Life is about taking chances! When Jesus asked peter to join him on water, peter took a very big chance cos he believed and had faith, and at d end, he walked on water! Ur 79 is as good as 80! D good thing is, 1st batch is jamb's compilation, and UI, unlike oda universities, has all d states as catchment(in order to give every one a fair chance, as well as merit based). There are likely goin to be at least 2 batch(es) of list. Take for example, in an international event, the presidents of all states are 1st to be ushered in, followed by Vice presidents. So u see, ur 79 put's u upfront eida in 1st batch, or 2nd batch! Don't be like a leopard dat saw jackals runnin away when a buffalo(cut-off) approached dem, and joined dem in running away! Be like a lion dat stands his ground and roar off d buffalo. Dapo, stand ur ground on MBBS! It's worth d risk. smiley
+he's from oyo state

Locality
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Marc9: Hmm! A stranger in his own land.

Admission is d sole responsibility of Jamb, nt d universities, nt UI, nt Adebowale!

Some undergraduates wld testify they didn't make d cut-off, yet they saw their names on d 1st provisional list. U call dat magic or luck huh?

When UI sends her cut-off mark to Jamb, let's see wat happens!

Like I said, "A stranger in his own land"! smiley
And I say stop spitting rubbish. This is my best advise for y'all; anyone that's still like 1 or 2 marks below the cutoff can still risk it (if you are lucky maybe). If you are beyond that once the change of course portal is opened I'd advise to change to a course that will give you higher chance of admission. For those of you still interested in doing medicine, I'd advise to pick courses like Biochemistry, Physiology , Human Nutrition and Chemistry. You have a very good chance of crossing to medicine in your 200 lvl if you have a good cgpa. If you choose any other course apart from the ones I listed you won't be able to cross. I repeat, UI doesn't do the ELDS and CATCHMENT sh.it this guy is propagating, do what's best for you. UI goes strictly by her cutoff.

7 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Pr0ton: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2014
preciousjoz1: Ijmb is good to,good luck with ur plans...thanks a lot# grateful

Your welcome
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Marc9: Dapo, MBBS is worth d risk! Life is about taking chances! When Jesus asked peter to join him on water, peter took a very big chance cos he believed and had faith, and at d end, he walked on water! Ur 79 is as good as 80! D good thing is, 1st batch is jamb's compilation, and UI, unlike oda universities, has all d states as catchment(in order to give every one a fair chance, as well as merit based). There are likely goin to be at least 2 batch(es) of list. Take for example, in an international event, the presidents of all states are 1st to be ushered in, followed by Vice presidents. So u see, ur 79 put's u upfront eida in 1st batch, or 2nd batch! Don't be like a leopard dat saw jackals runnin away when a buffalo(cut-off) approached dem, and joined dem in running away! Be like a lion dat stands his ground and roar off d buffalo. Dapo, stand ur ground on MBBS! It's worth d risk. smiley

Thanks alot man,I never gave coc a thought,I would confirm ur claims from ui students. Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by mitshell: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2014
oluafolabi: And I say stop spitting rubbish. This is my best advise for y'all; anyone that's still like 1 or 2 marks below the cutoff can still risk it (if you are lucky maybe). If you are beyond that once the change of course portal is opened I'd advise to change to a course that will give you higher chance of admission. For those of you still interested in doing medicine, I'd advise to pick courses like Biochemistry, Physiology , Human Nutrition and Chemistry. You have a very good chance of crossing to medicine in your 200 lvl if you have a good cgpa. If you choose any other course apart from the ones I listed you won't be able to cross. I repeat, UI doesn't do the ELDS and CATCHMENT sh.it this guy is propagating, do what's best for you. UI goes strictly by her cutoff.
Guy, u mean any one who is one or two marks below cut off shouldn't do change of course??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 9:55am On Aug 27, 2014
oluafolabi: And I say stop spitting rubbish. This is my best advise for y'all; anyone that's still like 1 or 2 marks below the cutoff can still risk it (if you are lucky maybe). If you are beyond that once the change of course portal is opened I'd advise to change to a course that will give you higher chance of admission. For those of you still interested in doing medicine, I'd advise to pick courses like Biochemistry, Physiology , Human Nutrition and Chemistry. You have a very good chance of crossing to medicine in your 200 lvl if you have a good cgpa. If you choose any other course apart from the ones I listed you won't be able to cross. I repeat, UI doesn't do the ELDS and CATCHMENT sh.it this guy is propagating, do what's best for you. UI goes strictly by her cutoff.
I ve questions boss.
1. Are u a student of UI
2. Mechanical engineering is 60 but I got 58, is dia any means of being in the merit list.
3. When is the COC likely to commence.
4. Those that did COC, will they do clearance the same time with those in the merit list.
5. Which course do I need to swerve to which will make my crossing over to mechanical engineering department feasible
6. If one does COC and there is still space in his desired course, will he still be given his desired course.

Tanx in anticipation bro
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2014
Marc9: Hmm! A stranger in his own land.

Admission is d sole responsibility of Jamb, nt d universities, nt UI, nt Adebowale!

Some undergraduates wld testify they didn't make d cut-off, yet they saw their names on d 1st provisional list. U call dat magic or luck huh?

When UI sends her cut-off mark to Jamb, let's see wat happens!

Like I said, "A stranger in his own land"! smiley
Stop givin people false hope...You are wrong!!!!

Congrats to all those who made it

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2014

Ok So can u explain to me how a 200l mbbs Dat scored 63% wen d cutoff was 65% gained admission? What happend in her own case,she is a friend of mine,and she told me herself that her admission into mbbs surprised her.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Fembleez1(m): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2014

Boss,may God bless u,abeg which course I fit choose for COC to cross back to law with a high cpga,........heard from peepz,History and Classics!!!,.........please help a brother in need.

God bless u!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Baba...awfa?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Dapo777:

Ok So can u explain to me how a 200l mbbs Dat scored 63% wen d cutoff was 65% gained admission? What happend in her own case,she is a friend of mine,and she told me herself that her admission into mbbs surprised her.
It happens but so rare...And with the tight competition this year,i dont think such can happen...

But you may be lucky
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2014
Dapo777:

was her name in the merit list?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Pr0ton: 10:01am On Aug 27, 2014
PrinceCEE: I ve questions boss.
1. Are u a student of UI
2. Mechanical engineering is 60 but I got 58, is dia any means of being in the merit list.
4. Those that did COC, will they do clearance the same time with those in the merit list.
5. Which course do I need to swerve to which will make my crossing over to mechanical engineering department feasible
6. If one does COC and there is still space in his desired course, will he still be given his desired course.

Tanx in anticipation bro

and 5..

Would ALL that applied for COC be admitted??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 10:03am On Aug 27, 2014
@ oga mi Taylor, can u pls get me info from mechanical engineering students about the courses I could possibly go for which I can easily change to mechanical engineering with a good cgpa.

Tanx in anticipation
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Jossy4luv1(m): 10:03am On Aug 27, 2014
congratulations to those that made the cutoff
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2014
Dapo777: Jesus ui just posted the pictures of the set of best six candidates on their cutoff list.....
Na wa oooo,see people as old as my uncle applying for mbbs,So this are the set of people am struggling with? I saw a candidate there with beards he looks like 30 something year old
Hahahahahahaa cheesy

The thing is that most of these guys are graduates aswear. sad

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Jossy4luv1(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2014
those that have 79% and 78% should not change their course from MBBS,something can still happen
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2014
Pr0ton:

and 6..

pls answers re needed now.............. Boys no dy smile at all for here oooo
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2014
PrinceCEE: I ve questions boss.
1. Are u a student of UI

Tanx in anticipation bro
1) Yes I'm a medical student. 2) It's all about risk. But if you can't risk it, I'd advise you to do COC and pick mathematics. I have a friend that crossed from maths to petroleum engineering 3) The COC should commence soon, I think. 4) Those that do COC, their names will probably come out in the 2nd list. 5) I have answered that in (2). 6) I'm not so sure about that.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by mayojaspa(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2014
very painful, 251 in jamb, 78% in post jamb cut off 80%, very painful, wasted effort, am from Kwara state. guess I have to wait for coc. very painful
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Jossy4luv1(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

The thing is that most of these guys are graduates aswear. sad
yes,that can't be avoided because may be they think na MBBS can fetch them money

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Jossy4luv1: those that have 79% and 78% should not change their course from MBBS,something can still happen
could u pls help us on the questions above

cut off for mech eng is 60 bt I got 58, should I do COC?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Make Marc9 stay their they give una false hope. undecided Catchment kor, ELDS ni
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by HouseOfBalloons(f): 10:08am On Aug 27, 2014
Pr0ton:

and 5..

no. That's the misconception people are having here. If there are 7 spaces left in say, botany. Ui will pick the best 7 that applied and leave the rest. Scoring 50+ is NOT a guarantee for admission. 6000+ scored above 50 and ui won't admit more than 3500

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Fembleez1(m): 10:08am On Aug 27, 2014
Mehn,.............traffic dey here today o!!! shocked

Make I go get my charger,I dey come!!! cry
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Jossy4luv1(m): 10:09am On Aug 27, 2014
PrinceCEE:

pls answers re needed now.............. Boys no dy smile at all for here oooo
yes but may not even be ur COC course because those that have higher marks will be first picked,odas will be given courses by UI
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2014
Jossy4luv1: those that have 79% and 78% should not change their course from MBBS,something can still happen

I think it's better to change course inorder to be on a safer side.

I have a friend that got 63 for law last while cutoff was 64.

He did C.O.C and was still offered Law in 2nd list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (680) (Reply)

2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.