Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,561 members, 7,892,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? (21732 Views)

That Was How I Got The Offer.. Super Thanks To All Nairalanders / Secure Your Job With These Habits. / Job Vacancy (hotel Manager/supervisor) Benin-city (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by InvertedHammer: 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:

So how would the manager incrase his monthly pay by working in the hotel?! Tips or what?!
/

* bootlegging (coughs! coughs! )
*sneaking in guests (usually done in connivance with receptionists)
*kickbacks on events (tips from event managers)
*over-invoicing (buys 10 liters of gas and bills for 25)

...just to mention a few

Pay them more and they will still do the same.
So owner is just taking a preemptive strike on his paycheck. grin

\
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by ritux: 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
The only thing popping into my mind after reading this is how much they are going to pay the receptionist, house keepers, gate men, waiters, porters etc.

Hotel manager 25k!

Well at all at all nai bad pass. Never despise the little beginnings.

4 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Ariotech(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bros tak d job,u wil find many opportunities to mke mor maney there if u knw ur way arnd....gudluck. dz is 2014.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by anitank(f): 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:

So how would the manager incrase his monthly pay by working in the hotel?! Tips or what?!
How old are you?
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MrAboki: 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
anitank:
How old are you?

What bearing does that have on the question i asked?!

Okay... I am 30yrs.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MrAboki: 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
anitank:
This is the problem many Nigerian graduates have.

But one thing you don't know is that it's easier to get a job based on experience than based on qualifications

I know this..

What experience does being the manager of a mushroom hotel give you exactly?!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by ophilly: 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki: Atleast its better than the Teaching job in Ekiti state that pays 17,000 Naira per month (204,000 per annum).. grin grin

This one comes to about 300,000 naira per annum..

Omo!! I will not take any job that pays less than 300,000 per month.. angry

I no thief the money wey I take pay school fees..
It seems you're not in a hurry to work, 300k is a tall dream for anyone in the labour market today, I guess you have well-heeled parents, uncle or aunt you're leaning on.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MrAboki: 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/

* bootlegging (coughs! coughs! )
*sneaking in guests (usually done in connivance with receptionists)
*kickbacks on events (tips from event managers)
*over-invoicing (buys 10 liters of gas and bills for 25)

...just to mention a few

Pay them more and they will still do the same.
So owner is just taking a preemptive strike on his paycheck. grin

\

That is exactly what I thought as well..
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by pembisco(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
grap it bro...i love hotel works especially as manager. free accommodation and food and you get to meet different people and if you are lucky, smbody myt do you a big favour for being nice to him. the job has so many advantages as you dont have to much stress..you'll have enof time for your family and love ones.
Mean whlyl its my birthday . a like will do me gud in meking my day. tnx

22 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by sangybabe(f): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
I advice u take d job because greater opportunities will definitely come from there. Talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MrAboki: 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
ophilly: It seems you're not in a gutturals to work, 300k is a tall dream for anyone in the labour market today, I guess you have well-heeled parents, uncle or aunt you're leaning on.

Naaa!! My folks are alright financially, but I was exposed to my field of study from an early age and was priviledged to have access to accomplised professionals who helped guide me right..

My first job experience on my resume reads; Construction site supervisor.. grin

What I actually did was 'obu-aja work'... An unskilled labourer work.. And the pay sef was more than 25'k per month.

So dont worry sir, I have been around long enough to understand the job market..

One of the problems most Nigerian graduates have has to do with their mentality towards job searching..

Do you know how much an unskilled labourer earns in a place like Port-Harcourt?! 1500 naira a day.. Multiplied by an average of 25 working days a month = 37,500 naira per month.

A Mason earns 3500 Naira a day.. * 25 working days per month = 87,500..

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Take the job since you don't have anything doing now.

It might not be your career path, so while working you can keep searching for the job you desire.

Atleast it would put food on your table and that's the most important.

Also try to be honest because employees of hotel sack managers if they find out you are dubious so be very careful.

You would enjoy the job in the meantime, you might be getting some tips from people etc.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
That is not free accomodation actually.
Its prison bro.

If you calculate transport, feeding and accomodation it will amount to like 80k.

You get to work Sat and Sunday.
Sleepless nights.

But you can always attend interviews as a manager you have free time.

As a manager you have better chance at interviews based on the skills u will acquire and leading lots of teams.

If I were u bro. I'd take the job if I av nothing I'm doing.

I live in Lag, my present rent is 275k a year

Not inclusive of transport.
Utility bills for PHCN, fuel for gen, feeding, waste bins, cleaning of compounds, sometimes water. Bra, no be small thing yeah.

The long term possibilities of working as a manager is tremendous and numerous but be smart too sha.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by lafuria1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
25k as hotel manager, mehn E get as E b.
Anyway take it for a month and see how far since there is feeding and accommodation.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by scholes23(m): 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
My guy take the job oooo cos there are many pple out there praying to have ur kind of job.

This is just the beginning of better things to come ur way this year so be grateful to God
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MrAboki: 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
@tjololade:
That is not free accomodation actually.
Its prison bro.

If you calculate transport, feeding and accomodation it will amount to like 80k.

You get to work Sat and Sunday.
Sleepless nights.

But you can always attend interviews as a manager you have free time.

As a manager you have better chance at interviews based on the skills u will acquire and leading lots of teams.

If I were u bro. I'd take the job if I av nothing I'm doing.

I live in Lag, my present rent is 275k a year

Not inclusive of transport.
Utility bills for PHCN, fuel for gen, feeding, waste bins, cleaning of compounds, sometimes water. Bra, no be small thing yeah.

The long term possibilities of working as a manager is tremendous and numerous but be smart too sha.

Bless you Sir..
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by akko: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
yu can manage the job untii yu get abetter job gong out to work may even make yu meet people that can give you connection to abetter job yu have to start somewhere
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by saintneo(m): 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
The Genuis.:
I got a job in a big hotel as the manager, with feeding and accomodation included. But the pay is small, just 25k. If you were in my shoes, would you take the offer? It's a very big hotel anyway.

Quantify the accommodation and feeding money plus other pecks, add it to the 25k then decide.

But remember U need to plan your exit.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MrAboki: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
OP

Also inform us of the following;

1. What course did you study in school and whats your level of Education (MSC. BSc. OND, HND, Diploma, School Cert., e.t.c)

2. In what state and location is this Job..

3. Whats your age?
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by dapson2(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
let's assume u will be paid 60k without accommodation and feeding,trust me u cant save up to 25k after settling ur feeding and accommodation expenses. do the math ursef.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by omaskido: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
I was on your shoes 4 years ago. I was with an hotel though my salary was 44K in abuja. I gave in my best, i never knew guest were watching me. My brother thru d hotel today i am d zonal director NE of my company. I actually got d connection and job from d hotel

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by dominique(f): 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
Op, Feeding, accomodation and transport are already out of your expenses. Some people that earn 50-60k are left with just about 25k after spending on the items I listed above. Take the job and manage it till something better comes along.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by tellwisdom: 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
You know go grab am before hunger finish you undecided
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Delly4real(m): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
Haif a bread is better than non, bro take that job.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by jaysan82(m): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
bro, take the job man,yes the salary is lousy, yes the job looks unattractive, but like alot of peeps have said, you have to relish the prospects of building on ur cv and also meeting loads of contacts as the the hotel manager. these contacts could even assist in getting a better job in d future. finaly, the change of status, (regular guy to hotel manager) is reaaaly appealing. money is not everything, there is no limit to what you can achieve with the right personality. good luck

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by owobaba201: 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
<("wink "<3" =)</3</À- ..=1.TAKE IT FOR À START.GOD WIL LINK T WITH BETTER ÔÑŒ Ñ DÀT SÆMÉ HÔTËL!!<("wink "<3" =)</3</À- ..=1.TAKE IT FOR À START.GOD WIL LINK T WITH BETTER ÔÑŒ Ñ DÀT SÆMÉ HÔTËL!!<("wink "<3" =)</3</À- ..=1.TAKE IT FOR À START.GOD WIL LINK T WITH BETTER ÔÑŒ Ñ DÀT SÆMÉ HÔTËL!!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by owobaba201: 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
[b][/b]
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by IAMBREEZY: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
[size=16pt]No i wouldn't that's why it's better to be your own boss... [/size]
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by owobaba201: 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
<("wink "<3" =)</3</À- ..=1.TAKE IT FOR À START.GOD WIL LINK T WITH BETTER ÔÑŒ Ñ DÀT SÆMÉ HÔTËL!![color=#990000]<("wink "<3" =)</3</À- ..=1.TAKE IT FOR À START.GOD WIL LINK T WITH BETTER ÔÑŒ Ñ DÀT SÆMÉ HÔTËL!!<("wink "<3" =)</3</À- ..=1.TAKE IT FOR À START.GOD WIL LINK T WITH BETTER ÔÑŒ Ñ DÀT SÆMÉ"<3"
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by fpeter(f): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
THIS IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY MOST BABES ARE UNMARRIED IN 9JA.
HOW DO YOU CONVINCE A 25K EARNING MAN TO MARRY YOU?............
WILL THAT BUY HIS SUIT? RENT A DECENT APARTMENT OR HOW MANY
DIAPERS OR BABY FOOD WILL 25K BUY? GOD ABEG O!!!!!!!! HELP US... cry

4 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by coogar: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
The Genuis.:
I got a job in a big hotel as the manager, with feeding and accomodation included. But the pay is small, just 25k. If you were in my shoes, would you take the offer? It's a very big hotel anyway.

N25k per month?
why do nigerian employers underpay their staff this way? a hotel manager? i am not sure you are right with this. this can't be a hotel, more like a zoo. verify again whether you would be managing a hotel or animals in a zoo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Asks Board To Create Three Million Jobs / Fcmb Aptitude Test / Flour Mills Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment (15 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.