Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,584 members, 7,892,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 11:19 AM

Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? (21734 Views)

That Was How I Got The Offer.. Super Thanks To All Nairalanders / Secure Your Job With These Habits. / Job Vacancy (hotel Manager/supervisor) Benin-city (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Neroclassic(m): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
ur yr has strtd on a gud note.u wer jobless last yr n nw u hv a job.guy graaaab it first n c hw it goes.congrats n gudluck.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MrAboki: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
coogar:

N25k per month?
why do nigerian employers underpay their staff this way? a hotel manager? i am not sure you are right with this. this can't be a hotel, more like a zoo. verify again whether you would be managing a hotel or animals in a zoo.

If the Manager is making 25'k per annum... Imagine what the rest of the staff are making

angry
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Rejoyla(f): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
It depends on the location of the hotel. Is it situated in lagos? If it is, then that 25k is chicken feed o. If you are in areas like ogun,sokoto, bauchi or areas that cost of living is not very high, then the pay is reasonable. Cos even hotel cleaners in lagos earn 20k per month, not to even talk of receptionist and cooks.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by coogar: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:
If the Manager is making 25'k per annum... Imagine what the rest of the staff are making

angry

i know the day of reckoning is getting near when nigerians would demand better welfare from their politicians. N25k per month? what cleaners make in a month in developed countries is what managers make in a year in nigeria. meanwhile, our politicians make twice the amount politicians in developed countries make.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
My friend take the job ,work with your whole heart and make sure you are free from any corrupt practice, the money you earn now is not important ,but to grab more experience and build on your profile and experience,dont look at people to help you just focus on your work and try and have savings as much as you can regardless of your salary ,you will get a better job in the future with your experience and good name (good name is better than money)your good name ,profile,and experience Will read you to good destination,if you are commited and hard working ,the hotel will even increase your salary without seeking any where ,no one wants to loose

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
No company would want to loose a hard working manager ,so take the job and work hard
Good luck
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Paparose(m): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
Take the offer bro, something is better nothing.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MsSantaClaus(f): 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:

So how would the manager incrase his monthly pay by working in the hotel?! Tips or what?!

Many Nigerian graduates have no initiative whatsoever! I'm shocked at some of the replies here! First of all accommodation and transport take up the largest chunk of your salary, this is taken care of, the next is feeding, also taken care of. As a lady said he can make more than his salary if he works smart, every hotel is a potential promotions and event centre. Every drinks company is looking for where to do branding and promo's no matter how rural, as long as people are there. Don't they have weddings? Night joints nko, fish , Suya ,pepper soup. He doesn't need to be dishonest,doesn't need to touch what belongs to the hotel owner, but every job has it's perks especially when it comes to events. You make a job like this great or terrible,it's up to you! Use your head!

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by jubrealguy(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/

* bootlegging (coughs! coughs! )
*sneaking in guests (usually done in connivance with receptionists)
*kickbacks on events (tips from event managers)
*over-invoicing (buys 10 liters of gas and bills for 25)

...just to mention a few

Pay them more and they will still do the same.
So owner is just taking a preemptive strike on his paycheck. grin

\
u r right bro
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by omiobo: 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pelummy: do u have any job u are doing @ present ? if no it depends on u then

but u can give it a trial and stl look out for better one

in youruba proverb - fi isu si ina ko ma wa obe
If it is not rainbow or moonlight hotel,you can do it for the sake of meeting people who can help out of the place.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Ghadafy(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Ghadafy(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Many Nigerian graduates have no initiative whatsoever! I'm shocked at some of the replies here! First of all accommodation and transport take up the largest chunk of your salary, this is taken care of, the next is feeding, also taken care of. As a lady said he can make more than his salary if he works smart, every hotel is a potential promotions and event centre. Every drinks company is looking for where to do branding and promo's no matter how rural, as long as people are there. Don't they have weddings? Night joints nko, fish , Suya ,pepper soup. He doesn't need to be dishonest,doesn't need to touch what belongs to the hotel owner, but every job has it's perks especially when it comes to events. You make a job like this great or terrible,it's up to you! Use your head!

May God bless you
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by xslash: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bro I encourage u to do de job..u neva can tell Gods plans..free acomodation and feeding is ok...jus do de job and keep looking up to God..me I finish my NYSC dat same 2012 and I don't hav such opportunity now...am still looking up to God pls bro I encourage u...Gods grace
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by oklandnigeria(m): 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bros, can u send ur CV to my e-mail address? there are jobs coming up very soon for 40k per month at Abuja. i will contact u as soon i get it.
stay focused

email: ohiares@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by clemmonce(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
emmysoftyou: my broda if i wia yu ,i will tak d job bc with yur xperience as a manager place in dat cv ,in d future bigga hotel will come yur way,believ me but dnt forget my words ,jus pray ova it and accept it wit yur hart who knows,they might increase d pay frm 25k to 75k if u work whloeheartedly wit ur hart,guy take it,@op
but guy if yu need cctv installation in dat hotel pls do me a favour by pm me or call ,my numba is there,our company is at v i near saka bus stop.. One love
just read what you just typed. total rubbish too many senseless abbreviations look at what social media has done to people like you. you will be surprised that someone like this dude will write an exam and most of his words will be in silly abbreviations. smh. back to the matter. bros abeg take the job if you have nothing doing now.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Pimples(m): 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
packman: [size=20pt]as if you have a choice

ITS NEW YEAR SO I WOULD NOT LOVE TO TELL YOU

MAY THUNDER FIRE YOU.......... grin grin grin grin grin

BUT YOU SAYING IT AS IF YOU GOT AN OPTION

OR DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE SO SPECAIL

OR YOU ARE THE ONLY JOBLESS YOUTH

GUY GIVE ME THE ADDRESS

ABEG grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A MANGER + FEEDING + ACCOMMODATION undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

OTIKPARI [/size]
[size=30pt]
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FANS

AND TO ALL MY FELLOW NAIRALANDER

AND ALL GREAT BLOGGERS

NEVER GIVE UP WE WILL GET THERE SOMEDAY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

In other words, are u telling me u are so Hopeless?
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
My dear friend na one step at a time,..as far u don't have any for now please stick to it,..am just in ur shoes as well, U CAN STILL HELP ME OUT if u are in lagos area,.God ur elbow.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by leMuhito(f): 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
Take the job. Let it boost your experience.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by iykofias(m): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
WIZGUY69: If i were in ur shoes, i will take the offer cos free punanny is involve!
so u head dey dia too, badt fella
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by leonshom(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
@Op, u got me thinkin by sayin "a very big hotel" and u'l d manager,cuz d payment seems very low 2my understanding, probably,@a later time,d management culd increase ur pay.
The payment seems so low,but l,ur decesion shud depend on ur financial status @d moment,if it can stil takia of ur nids,u can go on with d Job, but,if otherwise,xpecially if d stress is much more than it shud be, think of alternative !
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by bank2k4real(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Beauty..
Freshness..
Dreams..
Truth..
Imagination..
Feeling..
Faith..
Trust..
This is beginning of a new year!

When d enemies say its over,let man hands over, when man hands over God takes over and when God takes over d devil takes cover n when d devil takes cover man crosses over...Happy. New. Year......

Welcome to 2014......check my signature

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by ayandee: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
take the job and do it diligently. I know someone who got a federal job through one of the guests who regularly lodged in d hotel he was working. The guest happened to be a DG of a govt parastatal and was impressed at d way the guy worked inspite of his meagre salary.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Taywon: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
START SOMEWHERE
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
hi fellas I also have a similar issue bt mine is kind of diffrent a lil bit cos am a 200 level undergraduate in a fedral uni nd ave bin offered a manger job ina hotel kitchen worth 6ok bt adding perks d mony go reach 100k per mnth. my concern my pple be say d temptation 2 go skul go take leave of absence for 1 year dey worry me. all I need is ur advice abt dis proposal in front of me. would like to hear constructive responses.... thanks
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by naijafresh: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
lowgeorge: hi fellas I also have a similar issue bt mine is kind of diffrent a lil bit cos am a 200 level undergraduate in a fedral uni nd ave bin offered a manger job ina hotel kitchen worth 6ok bt adding perks d mony go reach 100k per mnth. my concern my pple be say d temptation 2 go skul go take leave of absence for 1 year dey worry me. all I need is ur advice abt dis proposal in front of me. would like to hear constructive responses.... thanks

Please finish your degree and aim higher, life is always struggle. If you don't you are short selling yourself

God bless
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Ibime(m): 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
WIZGUY69: If i were in ur shoes, i will take the offer cos free punanny is involve!

lol.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Opiosko: 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:

So how would the manager incrase his monthly pay by working in the hotel?! Tips or what?!
Dude his is right, got a friend working in a hotel and i know he makes more than his salary every month. If d op is hard working and not overly given to pleasures, he will make it honestly.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by claremont(m): 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
Guy, take the job.

If you had a job that pays you N65,000/month, you would pay for your transport, feeding and accommodation out of that N65,000/month. If you are also the kind of person with a decent social life, you would also go clubbing and whoring with whatever is left over after the basic expenses has been deducted. You will end up with little of no savings at the end of the month.

In this case, the hotel has provided you with accommodation (free), feeding (free), booze and whores (free, after all you are the manager nah! grin) and on top of that, they are also paying you N25,000/month which you can conveniently save since they are taking care of your basic expenses. I think this job compares favourably with a job that pays N65000-N70,000/month if all the added benefits are monetized.

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Opiosko: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
lowgeorge: hi fellas I also have a similar issue bt mine is kind of diffrent a lil bit cos am a 200 level undergraduate in a fedral uni nd ave bin offered a manger job ina hotel kitchen worth 6ok bt adding perks d mony go reach 100k per mnth. my concern my pple be say d temptation 2 go skul go take leave of absence for 1 year dey worry me. all I need is ur advice abt dis proposal in front of me. would like to hear constructive responses.... thanks
Depends on ur goals in life and ur family financial strenght. If u'r not financially bouyant, i will advice u take d job work hard and smart for a year and use ur savings to open ur own biz while u go back to skul. Pls if u decide not to take d job after considering all ur options, pls link me to the job. I'm serving now but very free and available. Hope this helps u.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by seangy4konji: 12:26am On Jan 04, 2014
hmmm...take it if you dont v any now...things will take shape soon...keep ur eyes open though cos thats money for beer but as today istomorrow might not be like dat....all d best bro...Favor is on d way!!!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Richy4(m): 1:44am On Jan 04, 2014
take the job my brother.that will give u experience when a better one comes. I just dislike it when they use heavy title on a small pay. manager for 25000 naira. they just insult that word manager
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 04, 2014
Guys u have all made ur point.my 1st job after school abt 8yrs ago was a hotel manager for 25k(no transport) but after 6month the MD saw me as an asset an gave me accommodation.

I left after 2year to start banking.guys am regreting the move till this hour.

This is 2014.don't look for a job you cannot set up after say 10years.

The best job for 2014 is joining a one man business.work hard.study the business,save money,improve ur qualifications,raise fund from family or micro finance and start something small.

U can start ur own hotel 5year after from a four bedroom apartment and hall for event. But you can never open your own bank even 30years after working for a bank(what u will be thinking is ur retirement benefit and pension if any)

Take the job.start small and grow big

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Asks Board To Create Three Million Jobs / Fcmb Aptitude Test / Flour Mills Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment (15 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.