Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,675 members, 7,885,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? (2494 Views)

My Last Relationship, My Story - Please Read! / Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2008
Every relationship is a learning experience. When a relationship ends you should take time to figure out what went wrong and reflect back to what your contribution to the demise of the relationship was.

What could you have done differently? What lessons did you learn or will you take into the next relationship?

For me I think I should have spoken up more. If something was bothering me I held it in and never said a word out of frustration. In the end my partner ended up taking advantage of me.

I no longer do that and I can tell that it has made a difference.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by sistawoman: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2008
I learned that if it starts off as a jump off keep it a jump off. There was a reason why i started it that way and I should have never tried to turn that looser into a boyfriend.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by dreeldee: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
believe not all the words from her mouth, they could be deceiving. Where you met determines how you're gonnA lose her.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by HCH3COO: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2008
you can't trust these at hoes at all
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2008
Well in a sense i learned that i can't be so stubborn. That is truly my biggest fault. I always want to have my way. And if i don't, then i just get this attitude. It is like ridiculous. I mean i know that i need to lighten up, but i just don't do it. Which in the end, i lost that relationship. I learned alot because i still reference all the stupid and idiotic things i did. How i constantly wanted to prove how "strong" i was.  How freaking independent i am. How i don't need no one for anything. And in the end, i was weak. I learned alot from this relationship. And it makes me want to work on my stubborness because it has being getting me in trouble since i was little.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by gabelogan(m): 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

you can't trust these at hoes at all

took the words right outta my mouth

DTA
dont trust anybody
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by sistawoman: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2008
dreeldee:

believe not all the words from her mouth, they could be deceiving. Where you met determines how you're gonnA lose her.

How do you mean?
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
@onyinye -

Yes, being too independent and strong was another thing I had a problem with.

I wanted to prove that I needed no one, so I guess he assumed that he didn't need to be there for me for anything, which led to my greater frustrations.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
nalijah07:

@onyinye -

Yes, being too independent and strong was another thing I had a problem with.

I wanted to prove that I needed no one, so I guess he assumed that he didn't need to be there for me for anything, which led to my greater frustrations.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I mean when i think about all the stupid things i wanted to prove, i just start to laugh. It was so ridiculous. I mean i was just being childish. I guess i wanted to prove that i was a strong woman. That i don't need a man to provide for me, take of me because i can do it myself. So he just left. He said that if i want to be independent, then be independent.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by agaba123(m): 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I mean when i think about all the stupid things i wanted to prove, i just start to laugh. It was so ridiculous. I mean i was just being childish. I guess i wanted to prove that i was a strong woman. That i don't need a man to provide for me, take of me because i can do it myself. So he just left. He said that if i want to be independent, then be independent.
So you have already experienced the result of wanting to be independent. You were only forming?  . . hehehe
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2008
agaba123:

So you have already experienced the result of wanting to be independent. You were only forming?  . . hehehe
Gini?
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by agaba123(m): 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Gini?
I have caught you.

But at least you now know your fault. Work on it
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
agaba123:

I have caught you.

But at least you now know your fault. Work on it
Oka. . . im not sure what you caught me doing so ummm . . . sure.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by StephenP(m): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
I probably in love too hard and too soon and I refused to confront issues, I thought it was best to let it slide.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
StephenP:

I probably in love too hard and too soon and I refused to confront issues, I thought it was best to let it slide.
Ahhh poor Stephen. tongue
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by sistawoman: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2008
StephenP:

i learned that lesson a long time ago never let it slide. Esp. if they are like me. I like to test my limits and if you let it slide this time i will try it again then again but each time i will push the limit just a little bit more
You have to be firm with your limits and not let them get away with it the first time.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
sistawoman:

i learned that lesson a long time ago never let it slide. Esp. if they are like me. I like to test my limits and if you let it slide this time i will try it again then again but each time i will push the limit just a little bit more
You have to be firm with your limits and not let them get away with it the first time.
So did you love that person too much or you had too much trust in that person?
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by timmfikk(m): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2008
To remain focus and trust myself and also have to be straight forward and use my opportunities when ever it comes.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by sistawoman: 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

So did you love that person too much or you had too much trust in that person?

I am good at calling people out when they cross the line. but I like to cross the line and see how far cross it i can get before they call me out.

That was until i met my husband. Funny thing is now that i think about i have not push any boundaries with him. I am not as subborn as I have been in the past and I am diff. not playing that independent woman role.

I think it is because of the type of man he is. He acknowledged up front that I am independent and that he knows I can do it on my own but that he wants to help me and compliment me. I just let him in, in a way i have never done before. Wow i guess my friends are right, I have changed.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
@StephenP -

That is kind of what I was saying (about confronting issues).
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
@timmfikk-
timmfikk:

and use my opportunities when ever it comes.

What do you mean by this?
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
sistawoman:

I am good at calling people out when they cross the line. but I like to cross the line and see how far cross it i can get before they call me out.

That was until i met my husband. Funny thing is now that i think about i have not push any boundaries with him. I am not as subborn as I have been in the past and I am diff. not playing that independent woman role.

I think it is because of the type of man he is. He acknowledged up front that I am independent and that he knows I can do it on my own but that he wants to help me and compliment me. I just let him in, in a way i have never done before. Wow i guess my friends are right, I have changed.
Me and you are the complete opposites.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by timmfikk(m): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ah what i mean is to never be slack, imagine your partner cheating on you in your presence, someone you plan to hold on with coz she was a vir, but you discovered she was dis-vir in the midst of people who are like friend with you. what a disgrace it was for me that day , for that reason i said i will not let anyone have such thing across me one more time.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by sistawoman: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Me and you are the complete opposites.

Girl,

Please please please believe me when that ONE comes along you will let it go and you wont even realize you did.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2008
sistawoman:

Girl,

Please please please believe me when that ONE comes along you will let it go and you wont even realize you did.
don't think so.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by sistajay(f): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2008
Learn to compromise, cant always have things my way. angry
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by chika98: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2008
If he's stingy run
If he doesn't have his papers, run even further! grin
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by MissyB1(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2008
The heart xperience eclipse at times. grin
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by vivaladiva(f): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
i learnt that doggy style is what rocks my clit
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by nubila(f): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2008
What does intelligence matter if he is a bullshitter.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by madamkoko: 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
i learnt that doggy style is what rocks my clit
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2008
ROFL @ chika98

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did He Marry A Virgin? / Lover Boy Jumps To Death Seconds After Girlfriend Falls From 150ft Tower / We Broke Up, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.