Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,827 members, 7,906,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:50 AM

2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. (7724 Views)

#SupremeCourtJudgement: As It Was Last Night In Uyo (pictures ) / Gov. Akpabio Leaves Governors Office/govt House Uyo Pictures / Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by redsun(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
ilugunboy:

There is no sense in what you wrote.

Would Christmas lightings stop them from being good citizens when they turned adults ?

SMH

Letting them understand the importance of electricity by making it available to them will make more sense to than wasting it on occasional Christmas lights. Oyinbos can afford to do that because they have control over mundane things like electricity.

I bet it will take some German or Chinese companies and some magomago expenses to make those displays possible,because even at that level you still don't understand the concept of lflickering light bulbs and what keeps them alight.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
redsun:

Letting them understand the importance of electricity by making it available to them will make more sense to than wasting it on occasional Christmas lights. Oyinbos can afford to do that because they have control over mundane things like electricity.

I bet it will take some German or Chinese companies and some magomago expenses to make those displays possible,because even at that level you still don't understand the concept of lflickering light bulbs and what keeps them alight.

because you are that daft does not mean every nigerian is like you talk less of the great Akwa Ibom People that made it happen. Like i said your inferiority complex knows no bounds.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
more of the lights in uyo

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
uyi

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by redsun(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
ujoinme:

because you are that daft does not mean every nigerian is like you talk less of the great Akwa Ibom People that made it happen. Like i said your inferiority complex knows no bounds.

You are backwardly knowledgeable and that you remain in the dark. Same you you that is putting up Christmas light will tomorrow go to the village and start molesting a poor child or am old woman of witchcraft. Distorted minds.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
uyo 1

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
uyo 2

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
I went to uyo 3 weeks ago for the first time, and immediately felt ashamed for port-harcourt. The beautiful well lawned flyovers, the roads, most especially ikot-epene road, uran road, le-meridian road and that beautiful round-about. The e-library park. The under-construction abak bridge, when completed would be one of the most stunning bridges in africa.

The only low point in the rapidly emerging city is per-capita wealth. In terms of wealth size per-capita, port-harcourt is too way ahead of UYO. Anyway, it is understandable, since uyo is a young city, which also had the infamous description of "home of maids".

The city has really developed man, the only thing left for the city is an iconic structure. A double decker, interchange bridge would be simply amazing.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
uyo 3

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
uyo 4

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
uyo5

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by RedReact: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Impressive!!! wink wink wink
Next is display of fireworks on the new year day. They need to start featuring African cities too on CNN or BBC displaying pyrotechnical skills on the new year day, and not only Tokyo, Hong Kong or New York.
Besides, I am very sure the empty dark space in the background of the streets will soon be lined with scrapers like the ones we see in Manhattan, New York.

God Bless Nigeria!!! wink wink wink
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
RedReact: Impressive!!! wink wink wink
Next is display of fireworks on the new year day. They need to start featuring African cities too on CNN or BBC displaying pyrotechnical skills on the new year day, and not only Tokyo, Hong Kong or New York.
Besides, I am very sure the empty dark space in the background of the streets will soon be lined with scrapers like the ones we see in Manhattan, New York.

God Bless Nigeria!!! wink wink wink
a journey of a thouand miles begins with a step, in time am sure Uyo and Nigeria will get there.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by DankemzI(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
redsun:

Who told you there's no light in Uyo. Were am leaving you iron your clothes when you want to wear em. Not when light comes. In average we have 2o hrs power supply, you think am lying? Ask anybody that stays around Church rd , Calabar itu rd Axis
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by backtosender: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
UYO NI BA JEOOOOOO SEE ROADS LOOKING NICE grin
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ba7man(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Beautiful display. I'm sure it looks even better in reality.

All uyo needs now is a Show or Festival like the Count down party organized in Lagos to attract people to come experience it.

I think it would be better if Uyo remains moderately populated to maintain its scenic appearance.

A large population will ruin it.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ba7man(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
IGBO-SON:

^^^I understand the feeling! And just to add; i'll have Michael Jacksons' SPEED DEMON on auto-rewind as i put my foot down and eat up the miles!
As a Badt guy, that's the best way to get your blood pumping.

Life is good!!!
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Tonylyte(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
ITbomb: It was really wonderful but too artificial and quite detached from the masses. Calabar had all the fun of Xmas
calabar and uyo are twin bro.....cross river state(naija) i rep...
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by NnamdiN: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

Who told you there's no light in Uyo. Were am leaving you iron your clothes when you want to wear em. Not when light comes. In average we have 2o hrs power supply, you think am lying? Ask anybody that stays around Church rd , Calabar itu rd Axis
true. I Have a colleague living there
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by eaglechild: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Impressive pictures.
Who says PDP is not working.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by DankemzI(m): 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
NnamdiN: true. I Have a colleague living there

Do you work @TSGI? Beside UniUyo Annexx.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ray502(m): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

bros u aint lying...dats where I reside. sometimes I do wonder if I m in naija with d near constant power supply am enjoying there.the best location in uyo in terms of power if u ask me.I stay in church road.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by NnamdiN: 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

Do you work @TSGI? Beside UniUyo Annexx.
no boss.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by 5thNOTE: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
ITbomb: It was really wonderful but too artificial and quite detached from the masses. Calabar had all the fun of Xmas
at times satan uses ppl like u to destroy millions. Wht is artifical here, he should have built huts and thatches and tomorrow u go to uk to look at build and visit parks. Why do u nigerians always show that u have sense while really dull, wht should u copy backwardness or civilised and industrialization. Am ashame of u! SAfrica is the semi developed nation only represent africa wht do they have? Westernized or ur stupidity u call natural? It takes a developed ppl/place aftr acquiring knwledge/western development to divluge into saying present a littling feeling of home.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by 5thNOTE: 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
at times satan uses ppl like u to destroy millions. Wht is artifical here, he should have built huts and thatches and tomorrow u go to uk to look at build and visit parks. Why do u nigerians always show that u have sense while really dull, wht should u copy backwardness or civilised and industrialization. Am ashame of u! SAfrica is the semi developed nation only represent africa wht do they have? Westernized or ur stupidity u call natural? It takes a developed ppl/place aftr acquiring knwledge/western development to divluge into saying present a littling feeling of home. Point is, lets be among be4 we can still determine fashion. Smbdy who doesnt learn doesnt go upwards. All these development we are still pursing are a century plus old in the west and asia even in SAfrica
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by 5thNOTE: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
CFCfan:
I tell you. The Governor has done a GREAT job on infrastructure in general.
The new 20th anniversary hospital will be a splendid health center!
the guy should work towards industrilizing that state and ensuring human rights and strict respect of D law. He is worth a VP
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by 5thNOTE: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
CFCfan:
I tell you. The Governor has done a GREAT job on infrastructure in general.
The new 20th anniversary hospital will be a splendid health center!
the guy should work towards industrilizing that state and ensuring human rights and strict respect of D law. He is worth a VP or President
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by 5thNOTE: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI: When the streets are Empty people have all gone to Calabar. He should be providing transport to & from Calabar free!
Jonathan would nt build inter state train nt even federal train. All the ones he is build are 4 those he fears will kick him out of power, who are using the trian to ferry goods they imported frm the port to their deserds. What wayward son!
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
nice

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ITbomb(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
5thNOTE: at times satan uses ppl like u to destroy millions. Wht is artifical here, he should have built huts and thatches and tomorrow u go to uk to look at build and visit parks. Why do u nigerians always show that u have sense while really dull, wht should u copy backwardness or civilised and industrialization. Am ashame of u!
The more reason you should not smoke cow dung before you read or comment.
You heard me mentioned Calabar, right? Did Calabar built huts and thatches before the people got engaged in the festivities or to attract outsiders?
When you copy civilization or industrialisation, copy it well and integrate the people in it not doing a carol that turns out to be a political gathering, Calabar success is built on the people participations from Street parties independent of government contract or money sharing.
A good example is the carol night, after the governor left, that was the end of the show, even residents 500 meters were unconcerned about the show that was broadcast to the world. Whereas in Calabar, that kind of show will spill over to the streets and to the next day.
Putting up street lights and people just look at it as 'government thing ' is of no benefit. That is the detachment I'm talking about.
I can pay money to Calabar to watch the show there (which can compete very favorably with UK n other places you mentioned and proudly with Nigerian flavor) than go to Uyo to see Xmas lighting when the people there are not connected and unconcerned with what is going on.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
wellington bassey way Uyo @ christmas pictures courtesy of journalofpetitedivablogspot

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
wellington bassey way Uyo @ christmas pictures courtesy of journalofpetitedivablogspot 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects NASS’ Insertion Of 6,576 Projects In 2022 Budget / Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.