Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,700 members, 7,941,677 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. (7742 Views)

#SupremeCourtJudgement: As It Was Last Night In Uyo (pictures ) / Gov. Akpabio Leaves Governors Office/govt House Uyo Pictures / Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Atouke: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
Chineke! look at the streets in Uyo i dey like say you dey oyibo land, This Akpabio na real guy man o! im dey build the kind of streets wey dey oyibo land.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
tawa89: Definitely the best city In Nigeria by a mile.
Nonsense. Abuja is the deal.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Atouke: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
wellington bassey way Uyo @ christmas pictures courtesy of journalofpetitedivablogspot 2

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
ujoinme:

you mean the same oyibo traditions that includes going to church, hospital when you are sick, going to the university to study which am sure you have copied all of those.
Is it only christmas light that you are rebeling against. am very sure as you are typing this trash you are not tying wrapper like your grand fathers but you must be wearing some oyibo type pant/trousser/ shirt. Unam Ikot.
and of course you are typing in oyibo language, why not use your venacular to communicate on this webpage while you are at it so we can know that for real you are a non conformist to the european ways!
Not a good argument.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
ba7man: Beautiful display. I'm sure it looks even better in reality.

All uyo needs now is a Show or Festival like the Count down party organized in Lagos to attract people to come experience it.

I think it would be better if Uyo remains moderately populated to maintain its scenic appearance.

A large population will ruin it.
I think Uyo needs a good city centre with some high rises to just make it more of a serious place.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by redsun(m): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
DankemzI:

Who told you there's no light in Uyo. Were am leaving you iron your clothes when you want to wear em. Not when light comes. In average we have 2o hrs power supply, you think am lying? Ask anybody that stays around Church rd , Calabar itu rd Axis

Having lights 24 hOurs or tidy streets in the 21st century world is no brainer.It is something every dick snd harry in the remotest corner of world must have to have normal existence,unless he she or chooses otherwise to live primitively.

The universe is all about eternal energy,we are all part of it and our understanding of how it works makes it easier for us tap into it and go with the flow.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
ROSSIKE: Not a good argument.

Rossike you are welcome to disagree with my argument,but its my opinion and last i checked am entitled to one,dont you think? I am aware of you Afrocentricity which you have displayed with finesse on this forum and am all for it and respect where you are coming from, But must we nit pick every single detail? lets not be too deep about christmas lights, Its christmas lights for godsake not sagging pant! Happy new year to you brother!
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
ujoinme:

Rossike you are welcome to disagree with my argument,but its my opinion and last i checked am entitled to one,dont you think? Happy new year to you brother!
The problem with saying stuff like "why do you wear western clothes, use a computer" etc etc is that by proffering such an argument you essentially leave the door wide open to any and all incorporation and adoption of foreign practices, ideas, norms, and standards, regardless of your own unique circumstances, heritage, practicality, and even social progress. For instance one could easily excuse skin bleaching based on your argument. There must ALWAYS be limits to adoption of foreign practices. The Chinese may walk around in western suits, but many of their ways are homegrown, from language to philosophical and religious beliefs. Same as the Indians and Japanese.. So you must impose limits on foreign incorporation, and be more grassroots oriented and culturally independent to move forward as a people. By the way, I'm not opposed to the street decorations at Uyo... No biggie.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
ROSSIKE: The problem with saying stuff like "why do you wear western clothes, use a computer" etc etc is that by proffering such an argument you essentially leave the door wide open for any and all incorporation and adoption of foreign practices, ideas, norms, and standards, regardless of your own unique circumstances, heritage, practicality, and even social progress. For instance one could easily excuse skin bleaching based on your argument.

I would love to see you justify skin bleaching using my argument, without changing its premise lol.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Itam Junction @ christmas pictures courtesy of journal of a petite diva .com

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ujoinme: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
Itam Junction @ christmas pictures courtesy of journal of a petite diva .com 1

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Tonylyte(m): 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Oky! God bless akpabio!
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by tpia5: 3:34am On Jan 05, 2014
akwa ibom is obviously doing a lot to encourage immigration to the state.

should be a destination of choice for many if it can keep up this pace.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ITbomb(m): 6:20am On Jan 05, 2014
tpia@:
akwa ibom is obviously doing a lot to encourage immigration to the state.

should be a destination of choice for many if it can keep up this pace.
^^^ her first sensible post for the year 2014
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by tpia5: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2014
however, i was not talking to you, why did you feel a need to reply my post?
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ITbomb(m): 7:25am On Jan 05, 2014
^^^
We call this a relapse
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by tpia5: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2014
please do not quote or respond to me again, thanks as you comply.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ITbomb(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2014
Anyone who personalised negativity is not worth to trade words with, see how you spoil this beautiful thread with your wayward thoughts
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ketoprofen(m): 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
And finally Agbameta has been covered with sand
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
What is Christmas to this ibom government, they spent so much (probably too much) on it.
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by 5thNOTE: 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
ITbomb:
The more reason you should not smoke cow dung before you read or comment.
You heard me mentioned Calabar, right? Did Calabar built huts and thatches before the people got engaged in the festivities or to attract outsiders?
When you copy civilization or industrialisation, copy it well and integrate the people in it not doing a carol that turns out to be a political gathering, Calabar success is built on the people participations from Street parties independent of government contract or money sharing.
A good example is the carol night, after the governor left, that was the end of the show, even residents 500 meters were unconcerned about the show that was broadcast to the world. Whereas in Calabar, that kind of show will spill over to the streets and to the next day.
Putting up street lights and people just look at it as 'government thing ' is of no benefit. That is the detachment I'm talking about.
I can pay money to Calabar to watch the show there (which can compete very favorably with UK n other places you mentioned and proudly with Nigerian flavor) than go to Uyo to see Xmas lighting when the people there are not connected and unconcerned with what is going on.
We are on the same point, i.e. U as a ragaraga muffian will always actually and definately prefer street party to concert. It just what i am trying to medicate u frm that bush way of life that it will nt, have nt and can nt change the good. U dont always expect huguhaga life everywhere, NB: it was basically 4 Christmas and shouldnt expect another thing, nt ur satanic carnivals. It ought to be solemn and moderate, nt for D carrying and sharing of HIV(AIDS) and braking bottles on ppl heads. Learn to live a life that is moderate and respectful, nobdy will copy that carnival but ppl will always copy such quick and germane motions nt inordinancies. And u dont have proofs that ppl were unconcered with D concert and it was a political program. Above all, honour is nt meant 4 D dogs. If Russia and other countries even Dubia( are they D UAE) copied the same European idea or forigen idea as u reffered them, and today u knw their height and even present which u cant and may nt attain then there is every worth reason 4 such westernized concert untill we are cured frm retrogressive mindset as urs.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by ketoprofen(m): 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
django1: What is Christmas to this ibom government, they spent so much (probably too much) on it.

Tell that to agbameta who was stressing how Xmas light is impt in Lagos.
Y didn't u make this comment in that thread?
Carry ur local thinking and go back to Ibadan where the presence of lights will not Even change anything.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by rozayx5(m): 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
mods this is too nice not to make front page smiley
Re: 2013 Christmas In Uyo Pictures. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 07, 2014
ketoprofen:

Tell that to agbameta who was stressing how Xmas light is impt in Lagos.
Y didn't u make this comment in that thread?
Carry ur local thinking and go back to Ibadan where the presence of lights will not Even change anything.

Are you a goat or are you just masochistic? Must I continue to have to deal with an illiterate like you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheriff Is Working For The Enemies Of Our Party – PDP / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $33bn –CBN / Enugu Sets Up Panel To Investigate Police Brutality, Extra-Judicial Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.