Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,547 members, 7,911,392 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 10:27 AM

-shadow Of Love- - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / -shadow Of Love- (6440 Views)

Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Game Of Love / Temptation ; The Story Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: -shadow Of Love- by Khemyte(f): 11:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Ehya sowie, rest nd make sure u take some medicine
Temitope Daniel: Another update coming soon... Kinda sick...
Ehya sowie, rest nd make sure u take some medicine
Re: -shadow Of Love- by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Get Well Soon, Boss!
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Jhymrod(f): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
I wish U̶̲̥̅̊ quick recovery,sorry.
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Nancydearie(f): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
May GOD HEAL you IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Hameenat94(f): 6:25am On Jan 07, 2014
tope b strong oh.
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:31am On Jan 07, 2014
I really appreciate you all, you guys are the best! I'll update this morning... Getting better now

LOVE U ALL!
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2014

Alfred got to his friend's office without his shoes. His friend had been waiting for him outside the gate of the company and was surprised seeing him the way he was. "This is not funny at all, why did you even trek?" He asked angrily.

"I never wanted to do that also, I had no money on me." He replied, sweating profusely.

"The interview is already going on now. Take my face towel and let's quickly walk there to buy you shoes, at least that will do a little."

"Honestly I don't know how to start thanking you for this, you are the best man!" He shook him.

"Next time, you should have called so that I'll come and meet you wherever you are."

"I'm sorry, the earlier, the better." He smiled.

"Let's go."

"Why didn't you pick my calls up yesterday?" Victor gripped kate angrily.

"I never meant that, I didn't hear the phone when it was ringing. My hand hurts." She complained.

He left her and walked to the chair. "You know no one tries something funny with me, I thought something else happened now." He uttered.

"Something else? So why did you keep neglecting my calls also?"

"Yeah, tit for tat. That's the law."

"I've never seen you smile, you are always frowning. How many times do you expect me to tell you to at least smile!"

"Shut up!" He squalled at her.

"I'm sorry." She uttered and walked away.

"You want to walk out on me? You mad ni? You dey craze?" He shouted and drew her back angrily.

"Take am easy with this girl na." Philip, one of the guys in the class rushed there.

He dropped Kate and faced Philip. "She's you girl friend? You are dating her? Hope you aren't insane and out of your mind!" He squeezed his cloth.

Philip pushed him way angrily. "I'm not like those fools that run away from you, I'm a man and I'm active! I will beat the hell out of you!" He yelled.

"You really mean this? I don't react outside." Victor smiled and left the class.

"They've brought the math script!" The class coordinator ran in, smiling.

Esther and her friends received theirs and walked out of the class. "What's wrong with Victor? He's somehow!" Linda uttered angrily.

"You girls couldn't come to my area.." Kate smiled.

"Who's dares come there. The foolish Philip that is in love with you, I know he'll still suffer for coming there." Esther added.

"I don't know why Kate is even dating the foolish guy." Precious hissed angrily.

"Its not my fault, I couldn't say No to his call now and he's not bad, he's good looking, he's from a rich home. Just this bad behaviors annoy me." Kate uttered.

"Omo, everything we dey talk sef is simple oh, we all failed this test now. This man is making me hate mathematics the more!" Esther uttered angrily.

"If not for Caleb's pride, I'd have gone to him, at least he's good." Kate uttered.

"If not for his pride sef, you'd have gone?" Linda stared and smiled.

"Sure now, why not?"

"Mr Victor..." They all laughed.

Alfred was welcomed into the office. His sweat had been cleaned and was looking quite good as before. He sat down and greeted the manager. "Good day sir."

"Hello, welcome here. What's the name?"

"I'm Alfred sir." He smiled.

"Hmmn... Let me.." He stretched his hand forward to collect the credentials.

"Urgh?" He stared for some minutes at his papers.

"What sir?" Alfred quickly asked.

"Its just that I'm short of words about this your C.V, but when you've come with something greater than mine, as the manager of a company, how do you expect me to grant you?" The manager addressed him.

"I beg of you sir, it doesn't matter if I'm given a white collar job, I can work as a gate keeper here..." Alfred replied sadly.

The manager hit his fist on the office table. "This is nonsense, don't put me into trouble, now leave!" He shouted at him.

"No sir, I'm really sorry if I've annoyed you. Any post you fix me in, I'll agree sir.

"This man, is it necessary I call the security men to throw you out? You have a
qualification greater than mine, do you want
me to loose my job?" He grinned angrily.

"I'm sorry sir, just help me, everything is so tough for me and my family, any job, I'll do
it." He stood up.

"Don't let me be mad with you, your
qualifications are really greater than mine, if
the Boss sees this, he might sack me now!" He exclaimed.

"Okay, just help me then. You can have
friends or other people, just assist me." He
pleaded.

"You are adamant, so stubborn and foolish.
Leave my office now!" The manager stood up.

"Alright sir, I beg your pardon about being
foolish and other sorts of abuse, the fact that
you aren't helping me doesn't me you should
insult me. I'm off." He walked out angrily.

"Thank God I used that scope, this one can put one into absolute trouble!" The manager thought.

Re: -shadow Of Love- by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2014
Girls and their complicated love life....
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Khemyte(f): 8:44am On Jan 07, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Girls and their complicated love life....
Abi naw
Re: -shadow Of Love- by sowprice(m): 10:32am On Jan 07, 2014
nice1.grabs a seat
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:57am On Jan 08, 2014

Alfred got back home and drop his things on the table. Cynthia greeted him and sat beside him. "Welcome bro. Alfred."

"Yes girl, how are you?" He smiled.

She smiled back. "This one that you are smiling...." She laughed.

"Urgh... Its better to be unemployed than to go to a company and be abused." He uttered.

"Who abused you?" She glimpsed at him.

"The manager that interviewed us in Bankole's place of work. He said his boss must not see my credentials, he might be sacked."

"I understand." Cynthia laughed.

"Sure now, its not easy to be intelligent and brilliant." He shook his head smiling.

"Urgh? What!" She grinned at her brother's legs.

"My shoes?" He laughed.

"Where did you get the shoes from?" She sat up, surprised.

"I almost got into trouble when I was going, a policeman wanted to arrest me without doing anything. I threw away my shoes instantly." He laughed.

"Seriously?" Cynthia smiled.

"Yes, my friend brought the shoes for me and gave me #2,000." He concluded.

"That's very good. How do we start spending now?"

"Haha.. Cynthia! I knew it... Ladies and money..." He shook his head and laughed.

"What? Yes now, we've not eaten."

"That's normal, we've got to pay our debts first, we'll eat with the remaining."

"Yes, its good that way. Go and greet grandma."

"That's true." He smiled and walked inside the room.

"Tolani" The grandma called.

"Yes ma, I just came back from where I went to." He replied.

The grandma coughed. "Welcome my son, Feyi told me about the job, how was the outing today?"

"Ooh.. Cynthia told you? It was good but all was still the same."

"Tolani? The same?" She coughed a little.

"Sorry granny. Still the same ma. I'll send Feyi to get you food now." He uttered.

"Did you get any money? You all should eat first, if you are...." She coughed.

"Easy, grandma."

"Thank you.. If you are alright, I'm okay also."

"No, everyone will be able to eat today. Don't worry, I'll be back soon." He left the room.

"Cynthia, let's go and pay the money together. If not for the money I have with me, you should know I'd have abused you, you didn't lock the door today again!" He shouted.

"Bro, don't worry. When you put your trust in God, nothing can happen. Only God knows the dau I'll return back to school." She replied.

"Don't worry, once I get a good job, we are all good to go. You know how much u care for you dear, always lock the door." He held her left shoulder.

Cynthia smiled. "Alright bro, let's go. Hunger dey wire me." She laughed.

They walked to the door and continued their discussions. "You aren't the only hungry person, let's rush there." He pushed her forward.

"Bro Alfred, I have a suggestion. At least you can drive, why don't we go to Mr Yinka's place that do borrow people money to give us some money to buy a car, then you'll be..."

"That's a nice idea." He cut in. "....but, you know how wicked and callous the man is. Who doesn't know him in this neighborhood?" He hissed.

"When we put God first in all we do, all will be fine. In a day, if you plan carrying people to Lagos, at least it can take five hours to go and return back. If you leave house by 6:00 am, by 12:00pm at most, you'd have returned back to Ibadan and if each person pays a thousand, that's like #5,000 from that place. After that, you can take people around ibadan too, till evening. You can make more than a thousand there also." She explained.

"Wow! This you brain is full of ideas of making money.." He laughed.

"Yes now, if we make #7,000 per day, we'll help him keep #3,000 per day, the remaining will be based on our food and fuel to the car." She concluded.

"So, #3,000 in a month is just #90,000" he thought.

"Sure now, within three months, we'll return #200,000 which should be the amount of money we want to borrow and we'll tell the man, four months."

"So what will be our collateral?"

"We have dad's land documents now. We can give him."

"We can even sell the land now." He suggested.

"No, we should be older than this. Land issue is dangerous, we can be gotten duped now." She laughed.

"That's true. You've got a nice idea. Once we get home today, go and bring that file, we must go to that man today." He uttered.

"That's not a problem." She smiled.

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:58am On Jan 08, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Girls and their complicated love life....

Abi ooh... cheesy
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Hameenat94(f): 6:27am On Jan 08, 2014
girls get brain wella. c as d ideas de flow. tope hw u de?
Re: -shadow Of Love- by heywhykum(f): 7:46am On Jan 08, 2014
Shey this money dey wan borrow no b trouble bayi?? T.Dan.. Getting more interesting.... grin
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Khemyte(f): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2014
heywhy.kum:
Shey this money dey wan borrow no b trouble bayi?? T.Dan.. Getting more interesting.... grin
Abi ooo, i pray dey wnt get problem o
Re: -shadow Of Love- by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
I have this feeling,a very strong one. . .about Alfred and Kate
Re: -shadow Of Love- by sowprice(m): 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
neva knew dia are great writers on Nairaland.more ideas& knowledge 2ur brain
Re: -shadow Of Love- by benibank(f): 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pa lava! Cynthia put U in trouble o Alfred. Don't borrow
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
benibank: Pa lava! Cynthia put U in trouble o Alfred. Don't borrow

Lol.... This z serious oh.... God help dem..

Wish I could reply all comments... Updating soon... grin
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:10am On Jan 09, 2014

Victor and his friends were seated together while explained what Philip displayed in the class to them. He added to all what he did so that his friends would be able to think of a strong way of dealing with him.

"There's no problem, he who dares the King of all animals, won't leave its presence, alive!" Daniel uttered.

"When exactly should we carry out the job? But wait, doesn't the guy recognise you? Vic?" Dave asked.

"I don't think he did. No problem, I want to make him do." He laughed.

"Its easy, let's go to the place on friday evening, and after that, we go clubbing." Daniel smiled.

"Perfect!" Vic smiled back.

"Alright then, but which formular is the best for the idiot?" Dave stared.

"Let's use 007." Victor uttered.

"Okay, acid too is good. I'll get it tomorrow then." Daniel said.

"DEAL!"

Kate got to the house with her friends, all smiling happily. "Now that mum isn't around, you can feel at home better than before." She smiled.

"That won't be a problem even if she's at home." Linda smiled.

"Get me wine, as quick as you can!" Esther stood up.

"You know the way to the bar, I want to rest also. I drove home." Kate replied smiling.

"So driving na work abi?" She uttered and walked to the bar.

"Sure oh... You think its easy to drive? When I've not driven you under a trailer." Kate laughed.

"Don't mind her." Precious added.

"Me want to eat now." Linda shouted.

"Must I describe the way to the kitchen?" She verbalized.

"Na you sabi, iyawo Victor." They all laughed.

Precious sat up. "But you guys, let's consider this oh, Victor can harm Philip oh..."

"That's true... But, he's funny sha." Linda cogitated

"I'm not surprised. The guy is annoying, I'll soon break up gan." Kate uttered.

"Omo, you better don't do that, he's deadly, we all know!"

Cynthia walked inside the room happily after getting bread and sardines. She went straight to where the documents were. She remembered the time she was with her mum, when she gives them everything they need then. Everything was somehow easy then, although no car, but they were comfortable.

She got the documents out and handed it to his brother. "Where have you been keeping your brain, why haven't you remembered that there's this method?" He smiled.

"At least I've used mine to tell you today." She laughed.

Alfred thought for a while. "What do you mean? Abusing your elder brother right? Have you forgotten what mum told you about it?" He smiled.

"Mom....." Cynthia pondered.

She remembered the day she was in the living room watching cartoon while his brother came and snatched the remote from her. "I have to watch the news now, I was tld our class will be shown on this station now."

"Yur class? I'm watching a cartoon, now give me my remote back."

"Chill now, its a simple matter. Wait." He changed the station and sat down.

"Now, there's nothing like that, give me the remote. They show that cartoon once in a week so I must watch it properly."

"Cartoon? What do you want to do with that? Go and sleep dear." He laughed.

"Answer me now, are you alright?"

Their mum walked out and smiled. "Never address your brother that way again, its so wrong. Yu don't abuse people older than you, its a sign of disrespect!" She scolded her.

"Alright ma."

" And to you, the big bro... Change back the channel, at least they aren't showing you guys again." She laughed and walked in.

"Its true, mum was a great person then, always correcting in love and ever since, have I abused you?"

Alfred eyed her jokingly and stood up. "Let's quickly go to the man's place, I pray he doesn't say we are kids." He smiled.

"Gd help us, our parents are with us also." She smiled.

"Good if they are...." They walked out while Alfred received a phone call from his friend. "I'll come over to your place by 6:30pm, I wish to discuss something with you."

"Alright."

Alfred and his sister walked to Mr Yinka's place and were allowed inside. They took their seats, waiting for him to come out and attend to them. Some minutes later, he walked out, frowning. "Can I help you?" He stared at them.

"Good day sir. We came if you can borrow us some money." Alfred stood up.

"Money?" He smiled and sat down. "Take your seat..." He addressed him.

"Thank you sir." He smiled.

"So, how much do you need?"

".... Like three hundred sir." Alfred uttered.

"So everything is so difficult for you and your wife that you don't have three hundred naira?"

"Not naira sir.... Thousand naira." He smiled for three months.

"I thought everything was so tough for you..."

"We brought collaterals sir." Alfred smiled and stretched it forward to him. "Hold it!" Yinka shouted.

Alfred was frightened. "Alright sir." He quickly uttered.

"I don't take collaterals." He smiled. "Don!" He called.

Some minutes later, they got him a paper and a pen. "Take Mr man." He gave them to Alfred. "Sign."

"Alfred signed and returned the paper to back to him."

"You didn't even read it..." Cynthia uttered.

"Money is the real thing..." He uttered.

Yinka smiled. "Now that you've signed... It entails: if you don't pay back my money on the 23rd of June, your wife will be mine or you loose your two hands." He smiled.

"Huh? I never read it." He grinned.

Yinka laughed and passed the paper to Don to keep and make photocopies. "I don't need you contact information also, I'll know it later." He smiled and walked upstairs.

Some minutes later, Don returned with a brown envelope of 300,000. They left immediately and rushed home. On their way home, a car halted beside them suddenly....

Re: -shadow Of Love- by sowprice(m): 6:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Hmmmmmmm hope dey ar safe. ?
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2014
$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
Hmmmmmmm hope dey ar safe.

I pray so oh
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:30am On Jan 10, 2014
Update loading...

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by Nancydearie(f): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2014
Hmmmmmm,so interesting.The guy is mean oooo,how could he lend money to them at the same time send people to come and snatch it all in the name of business.Let's see what happens.
Re: -shadow Of Love- by sowprice(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2014
Nancydearie: Hmmmmmm,so interesting.The guy is mean oooo,how could he lend money to them at the same time send people to come and snatch it all in the name of business.Let's see what happens.
## ¡ wonda ooo
Re: -shadow Of Love- by okem09: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2014
This is pure wickedness; God help Alfred n Cynthy
Re: -shadow Of Love- by okem09: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2014
Temitope Daniel: Update loading...
broda till wen again, I can't wait for the next update
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Khemyte(f): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
okem09: This is pure wickedness; God help Alfred n Cynthy
T indeed a wicked world
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
okem09: This is pure wickedness; God help Alfred n Cynthy

Tonight boss!

Thanks 4 reading...
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
Now typing... #loading#
Re: -shadow Of Love- by heywhykum(f): 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
Waiting Dad.... grin
Re: -shadow Of Love- by okem09: 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Temitope Daniel:

Tonight boss!

Thanks 4 reading...
Oya nw, sitting thight..... Finger crossed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Story: Boobs Passion(18+) / A Tint Of White In The Dark [an Anthology Of Happy And Sad Short Stories] / Bride Competition (Romance thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.