Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,791 members, 7,882,757 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State (1242 Views)

Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari / Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin / Presidency ‘Halts Oil Exploration’ In Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Chinese firm to invest N160bn in oil refinery in Niger

The Niger State Government’s plan to attract investors may be nearing reality following the decision by a Chinese company to invest over N160 billion in the construction of an oil refinery at Bida Basin in Baro town, Katcha Local Government Area of the state.

It will be recalled that the state government constituted a Hydrocarbon Committee in 2012 to look into the commercial viability of oil and gas deposits in the Basin and the possibility of going into its exploration.

Hence, the committee early in 2013 returned a positive report of the possibility of realising the dream of joining the league of oil producing states of the country.

Speaking at a press conference on last year’s activities of the Ministry of Mining and Mineral Resources, the Commissioner, Alhaji Abubakar Baba Jibreel, said that five foreign investors had shown interest among which is the Chinese company.

He explained that though the state is desirous of exploring the commodity, it had not entered into any Memorandum of Understanding with the Chinese firm.

Jibreel said: “We held back because we did not want the investor to be the sole owner of the refinery. Allowing that to happen will not be in the interest of the people of the state and the government.”

The commissioner also said President Goodluck Jonathan had approved the letter written to him by Governor Babangida Aliyu on the presence of oil and gas deposit in the state.

Source
Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
izit by $10b?
I started mine small grin

Op, if dis ya thread makes FP, I'll automatikally make u an oyel partner
wadaya say? cool

Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
I see in this particular development proof of a vote winning project grin
Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
eGuerrilla: I see in this particular development proof of a vote winning project grin

NATHING of such broda

APC all d way unless Jona crosses over cool
Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by sCun: 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
Michael Sokoto:
NATHING of such broda

APC all d way unless Jona crosses over cool
Typical APC mentality.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
sCun:
Typical APC mentality.
& am lofin it cool

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
But for the Oduah saga currently hogging the limelight, our resident PPP agents will be milking this thread for all its worth grin
Are you folks sleeping at the wheel? How can a major development like this go unacknowledged?
Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
I'm happy for them, so we can eventually divide Nigeria into pieces peacefully ba?
Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
gej didn't approve d project b4 when Niger state governor was with G5 governors.He only approve it as a bribe to the governor,dead to PDP.Playing politice with development.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by solomon111(m): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
I just hope oil is found there.
So that the North can finally seccede and leave us alone.
Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by solomon111(m): 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ibrahim mr fish: gej didn't approve d project b4 when Niger state governor was with G5 governors.He only approve it as a bribe to the governor,dead to PDP.Playing politice with development.
Yes,you have a fish brain indeed.
Morønic almajiri high on buhari's skunk.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firm Invests N160bn For Oil And Gas Exploration In Niger State by oneeast2: 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
How far?

(1) (Reply)

Norwegians Are Now Millionaires Based On Investment Of Oil Earnings. / Lifelong APGA Chairman Chief Victor Umeh For Senate / Attack On Buhari: Nigeria Is Slipping Into Low Intensity War By Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.