Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,318 members, 7,964,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:29 PM

Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! (836 Views)

About To Divorce Him, Please I Need Your Advise / I Need Your Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by Aybank: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Good day nairalanders and happy new year.
Pls guys I need your advise/opinion on an issue and would appreciate your replies.

A friend of mine (who happens to be the only child with no relative willing to help and needs funds to continue his schooling) lost the mom who has a pension account with one of the pension companies.
My question is this; Can he lay claims to her savings? If yes, how should he go about it and what documents should he provide.

Thanks in anticipation to your sensible replies.
Re: Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by bellong: 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
If his mother filled him as her next of kin, he can claim the pension fund. However, pension fund has law guiding when payment can be made. I am not sure if the pay-out is already matured.

Meanwhile, he can go to the PFA for enquiry, he would be told the documents he needs to bring for the claim.
Re: Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by Aybank: 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
bellong: If his mother filled him as her next of kin, he can claim the pension fund. However, pension fund has law guiding when payment can be made. I am not sure if the pay-out is already matured.

Meanwhile, he can go to the PFA for enquiry, he would be told the documents he needs to bring for the claim.
Thank you sir for your reply.... Pls how long do you think this process would take
Re: Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by bellong: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
Aybank:
Thank you sir for your reply.... Pls how long do you think this process would take

Depending on the matured time for payment. But the fact that the account owner is late maybe they can pay immediately once the necessary documents are received. Let him go to the PFA's office for detailed info.
Re: Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by mgbeketoto: 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Depends on the country of residence!
Consult an attorney.
Simple! kiss
Re: Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by Aybank: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2014
Thank you guys for your responses...
He'll be going to the PFA today, I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome..
Thanks again
Re: Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by juman(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2014
Hmmm, life.
Re: Pls, Your Advise Is Urgently Needed!!!!!! by Aybank: 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sorry guys I didn't tell you the outcome of his meeting yesterday (we didn't get to see each other for some reasons)....

He said he was told that it was the organisation she works with that was going to process the funds and his responsibility.

(1) (Reply)

He Doesnt Appreciate My Cooking / Which is More Annoying? / Welcome To The Month Of December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.