Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,533 members, 7,888,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

Dating A Nigerian Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Nigerian Guy (1672 Views)

Nigerian Guy Busts Girlfriend Who Tried To Con Him Of N50,000 Wit Fake Pregnancy / Nigerian Guy Weds First Lady He Ever Dm'ed On Twitter (photos) / Nigerian Guy Proposes To Girlfriend After Sex.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hi all,
I have been searching for a place where i can ask question about ur culture. I need some objective advises and tips.

I am a white lady, living in Europe. I met a Nigerian guy who i really like. He is from the youruba tribe. He is nice and treats me good. But some things make me doubt him. I have dated an Igbo before and he turned out to be a devil....was married...cheating and was also scamming people. So now i am a bit afraid to jump into a new relation with this guy. But i dont want my past experience to break us up.

So please give me advice. This are the facts about him....shoud i go or shoud i stay?
- he is hard working
- treat me good
- likes my family and friends
- we do things outside
- he says he loves me every day

I am afraid that in the future he ia gonna leave me for a woman from his own culture. How can i be sure he is not married back in Nigeria? How can i know that he has no kids there?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by andyanders: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
biansmi: Hi all,
I have been searching for a place where i can ask question about ur culture. I need some objective advises and tips.

I am a white lady, living in Europe. I met a Nigerian guy who i really like. He is from the youruba tribe. He is nice and treats me good. But some things make me doubt him. I have dated an Igbo before and he turned out to be a devil....was married...cheating and was also scamming people. So now i am a bit afraid to jump into a new relation with this guy. But i dont want my past experience to break us up.

So please give me advice. This are the facts about him....shoud i go or shoud i stay?
- he is hard working
- treat me good
- we do things outside

I am afraid that in the future he ia gonna leave me for a woman from his own culture. How can i be sure he is not married back in Nigeria? How can i know that he has no kids there?

Even the tribe you mentioned even do have there own children while in secondary schools than any other tribe in Nigeria.

Which country are you from and how long have you been dating. Have you met any of his relations? How old is he? How often he comes home and also how he make his calls.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
The guy seem real and serious tho... Have no fear dear.... He is a good man cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by 25omega(m): 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
biansmi: Hi all,

- he is hard working
- treat me good
- we do things outside

poster your questions are valid but unfair because Nigerians are not the only people who cheat, scam, or have hidden kids and families. If you dated someone from your race or nationality, the person can still hurt you too.

I would say as in any relationship, you should always proceed with caution because if you had been hurt before you can be hurt again. i hope you learned the signs to look out for regarding your previous relationships and just use that to figure things out.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by passionate88: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
martha: The guy seem real and serious tho... Have no fear dear.... He is a good man cheesy
Just like that u dn pass vote of confidence on him?. Na wa to u o.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by pasqal09: 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders:

Even the tribe you mentioned even do have there own children while in secondary schools than any other tribe in Nigeria.

Lol! My brother, u wicked o
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Acidosis(m): 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders:

Which country are you from and how long have you been dating. Have you met any of his relations? How old is he? How often he comes home and also how he make his calls.

bigot.

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
passionate88: Just like that u dn pass vote of confidence on him?. Na wa to u o.
Ok... Oya how about: That guy is a cheating beast and a liar... Oya run for ur life else you will end up being heart broken... He is faking just to hurt u..
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by andyanders: 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
Acidosis:

bigot.

\

It is a proven case, so you can say anything. This is not anything wrong for southwest.85% from southwest do have children out of wedlock. Let us forget sentiment here.If you like, koll yourself. This has nothing to do with been tribal.The gospel truth.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Supremor(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
you need to know him more than u know at present, u should try to pay a visit to Nigeria to know his relations nd get some info abt him intead of assuming he's dis or dat.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by pasqal09: 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders: \

It is a proven case, so you can say anything. This is not anything wrong for southwest.85% from southwest do have children out of wedlock. Let us forget sentiment here.If you like, koll yourself. This has nothing to do with been tribal.The gospel truth.

That's not true. Its worse in the south-south. Especially Warri.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders:

Oh really? Thats what im afraid of. Im afraid that when we have our own kids, that he will not support them because he already had kids in Nigeria.

I live in Grmany, we have been dating for 1 year now. I met his friends and co-workers. On the phone i spoke to his sister. He said its his sister.....but am not sure. We dont live togheter. But every weekend and holidays he is home with me. He didnt miss one day.
He does make many calls to Nigeria in front of me. Too bad i dont understand anything.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by diamonddre: 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
Fake story, one naija guy cooked up this shii
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
25omega: poster your questions are valid but unfair because Nigerians are not the only people who cheat, scam, or have hidden kids and families. If you dated someone from your race or nationality, the person can still hurt you too.

I would say as in any relationship, you should always proceed with caution because if you had been hurt before you can be hurt again. i hope you learned the signs to look out for regarding your previous relationships and just use that to figure things out.

U are right, thanks. I didnt mean that only Nigerians are like that. As u say....a man from every culture can be lying and cheating.
But it is strange, when u search on internet, u only read bad stories about nigerian man. How do u guys experience that?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
diamond_dre: Fake story, one naija guy cooked up this shii

Not really....

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by andyanders: 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
biansmi:

Oh really? Thats what im afraid of. Im afraid that when we have our own kids, that he will not support them because he already had kids in Nigeria.

I live in Grmany, we have been dating for 1 year now. I met his friends and co-workers. On the phone i spoke to his sister. He said its his sister.....but am not sure. We dont live togheter. But every weekend and holidays he is home with me. He didnt miss one day.
He does make many calls to Nigeria in front of me. Too bad i dont understand anything.

Listen, it is a decision you make within yourself here. If you love him and wanna settle with him and you are sure he has told you the truth, go ahead.
How old is he and how old are you?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders:

Listen, it is a decision you make within yourself here. If you love him and wanna settle with him and you are sure he has told you the truth, go ahead.
How old is he and how old are you?

Im 32 and he is 40
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Forget that he is Nigerian and be cautious of him, same way you would be cautious of an average boyfriend of yours.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by andyanders: 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
biansmi:

Im 32 and he is 40

In fact, I do not want to sound anyhow. At 40, there is noway he can deny that he got no wife or child back home. Let him be open to you.Any man at that age saying he has no child and no wife must be carefully looked into because there is something wrong with him.Either he is not telling the truth or he is just fooling himself. It will be open too bad for him to lie to you considering the long time effect of his action if you later finds out that he has wife or kids. It could be that the person you spoke to is his wife.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by pasqal09: 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Green card things grin
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders:

In fact, I do not want to sound anyhow. At 40, there is noway he can deny that he got no wife or child back home. Let him be open to you.Any man at that age saying he has no child and no wife must be carefully looked into because there is something wrong with him.Either he is not telling the truth or he is just fooling himself. It will be open too bad for him to lie to you considering the long time effect of his action if you later finds out that he has wife or kids. It could be that the person you spoke to is his wife.

Yes, thats what i also think. Thanks for ur reply i am gonna look into this. Are the marriages registred in Nigeria?
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by 190daclown: 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
No doubt the ibo guy must be Mr Cork

No doubt at all - Mr Cork you see your life nyash for public grin
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by andyanders: 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
biansmi:

Yes, thats what i also think. Thanks for ur reply i am gonna look into this. Are the marriages registred in Nigeria?

Some marriages are registered but, here it all depends on the individual. I wouldn't know why at that age he is still single.How long has he been living in Germany? Just to know wy at that age he is not married. Or he just came few yrs back
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by 190daclown: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
pasqal09: Green card things grin
angry angry

Dont spoil a Fellow brother's runs

#Green card constitution-chapter [size=18pt]4[/size] verse [size=18pt]1[/size] page [size=18pt]9[/size]# angry
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Supremor(m): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
At 40 he must av had a child though may not be married just take it upon urself to find out d truth so u won't be left reeling in pains later on
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders:

Some marriages are registered but, here it all depends on the individual. I wouldn't know why at that age he is still single.How long has he been living in Germany? Just to know wy at that age he is not married. Or he just came few yrs back

He is living here for 8 years. He has also been married here with a german lady for 5 years
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
Supremor: At 40 he must av had a child though may not be married just take it upon urself to find out d truth so u won't be left reeling in pains later on

Yes thanks, thats what im trying to do now
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by IcyIcy(f): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
I suggest you follow him to nigeria on his next home trip, so you can meet his family. If he has a wife, doubt he would want you to follow as he would need to spend time with her. Other than that observe his behavior and good luck.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by tintingz(m): 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
andyanders: \

Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by obo389(m): 6:10am On Jan 09, 2014
andyanders:

I swear down u no gt sense@al.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2014
biansmi:

He is living here for 8 years. He has also been married here with a german lady for 5 years
Hmmm. Does he have his German citizenship? Does he have any children with his previous wife in Germany? What happened to that marriage? Was he married before he left Nigeria (any children)? What does he do for a living?

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yield: Hmmm. Does he have his German citizenship? Does he have any children with his previous wife in Germany? What happened to that marriage? Was he married before he left Nigeria (any children)? What does he do for a living?

Yes he has his Geman citizenship. No he does not gave any children with her and he says he has no kids in Nigeria as well. And also not been married in Nigeria before. The marrieg stranded because the girl didnt love him anymore. He is working in a restaurant as waiter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Things No One Will Tell You About Being In A Long-distance Relationship / Where Do Our Ladies Nowadays Belong To? / 123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.