Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,961 members, 7,949,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

Dating A Nigerian Guy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Nigerian Guy (1687 Views)

Nigerian Guy Busts Girlfriend Who Tried To Con Him Of N50,000 Wit Fake Pregnancy / Nigerian Guy Weds First Lady He Ever Dm'ed On Twitter (photos) / Nigerian Guy Proposes To Girlfriend After Sex.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
biansmi:

Yes he has his Geman citizenship. No he does not gave any children with her and he says he has no kids in Nigeria as well. And also not been married in Nigeria before. The marrieg stranded because the girl didnt love him anymore. He is working in a restaurant as waiter.

If you know for a FACT that he has his German citizenship, then he cannot be using you for papers. What type of work do you do? He works as a waiter, so it is possible he needs additional income. However that may also be the best job he can obtain. The problem is you have dated him for 1 year and still have doubts. There are some things you are not sharing with us. It's anonymous, so be very honest.
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
biansmi: Hi all,
I have been searching for a place where i can ask question about ur culture. I need some objective advises and tips.

I am a white lady, living in Europe. I met a Nigerian guy who i really like. He is from the youruba tribe. He is nice and treats me good. But some things make me doubt him. I have dated an Igbo before and he turned out to be a devil....was married...cheating and was also scamming people. So now i am a bit afraid to jump into a new relation with this guy. But i dont want my past experience to break us up.

So please give me advice. This are the facts about him....shoud i go or shoud i stay?
- he is hard working
- treat me good
- likes my family and friends
- we do things outside
- he says he loves me every day

I am afraid that in the future he ia gonna leave me for a woman from his own culture. How can i be sure he is not married back in Nigeria? How can i know that he has no kids there?
Honestly, u won't be able to get a comprehensive and objective response here. There is a book I saw its advert on facebook and have heard people commend and recommend it, why not get a copy of it and read before making final decisions?

I just dug up the link to the book, and here it is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7NOF36

It is not good to take advice from casual counsellors on issues like this, so seek for a professional advice and I think a book like the above will be okay. My little advice though. Goodluck
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by shizzle11(m): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2014
You have no guarantee that he won't treat you just like the other guy that left you or even worse. its always going to be a leap into the unknown. goodkuck

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
FlowerPower:

If you know for a FACT that he has his German citizenship, then he cannot be using you for papers. What type of work do you do? He works as a waiter, so it is possible he needs additional income. However that may also be the best job he can obtain. The problem is you have dated him for 1 year and still have doubts. There are some things you are not sharing with us. It's anonymous, so be very honest.

Yea ur right. U know in the beginning he lied to me. He told me he is from Kenia but then i found out he is Nigerian. He lied before about beeing married to the German lady. He also lied about his age. Its a fact he has his citizenship. Thats am sure of. I spoke to his ex wife and asked her questions. She told me he is a good man bud she didnt know if he had kids and a wife in Nigeria. All this time he didnt want me to add me on Facebook. Now he is visiting his family in Lagos. I got his facebook account password. And he uploaded pictures of him and a a woman he told me is his sister. But one of his friends commented on that picture: "Eyi wumi oooo hubby and wife" what does this mean? It is his wife right? So when i saw this i was soo mad and cursed at him. But now he is saying that its 100% not his wife and that he is never gonna back there. Why i have doubts is because he is good to me. He begged me to come with him to Lagos but i refused. He is also telling me now to get married in Nigeria, maybe in a few years. Thats is confusing......because if he has a woman there ....how can he ask me to visit Nigeria with him? just confused....
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by biansmi: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
DailyNews: Honestly, u won't be able to get a comprehensive and objective response here. There is a book I saw its advert on facebook and have heard people commend and recommend it, why not get a copy of it and read before making final decisions?

I just dug up the link to the book, and here it is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7NOF36

It is not good to take advice from casual counsellors on issues like this, so seek for a professional advice and I think a book like the above will be okay. My little advice though. Goodluck

Ah thanks u so much! Am gonna order it!
Re: Dating A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
biansmi:

Yea ur right. U know in the beginning he lied to me. He told me he is from Kenia but then i found out he is Nigerian. He lied before about beeing married to the German lady. He also lied about his age. Its a fact he has his citizenship. Thats am sure of. I spoke to his ex wife and asked her questions. She told me he is a good man bud she didnt know if he had kids and a wife in Nigeria. All this time he didnt want me to add me on Facebook. Now he is visiting his family in Lagos. I got his facebook account password. And he uploaded pictures of him and a a woman he told me is his sister. But one of his friends commented on that picture: "Eyi wumi oooo hubby and wife" what does this mean? It is his wife right? So when i saw this i was soo mad and cursed at him. But now he is saying that its 100% not his wife and that he is never gonna back there. Why i have doubts is because he is good to me. He begged me to come with him to Lagos but i refused. He is also telling me now to get married in Nigeria, maybe in a few years. Thats is confusing......because if he has a woman there ....how can he ask me to visit Nigeria with him? just confused....

Polygamy is not illegal in Nigeria, so he can marry you and still have a wife. However from what you have said, I don't think he is serious about trying to marry you. He is probably sending his money home to his wife and kids, but finding it difficult to live in Germany while doing so. Having a companion like you allows him to have affection and extra income. He is a proven liar and that has little to do with being Igbo. He could have easily come from India or Egypt with the same intentions. If you continue the relationship, you are doing so at your own peril.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Tell When A Nigerian Girl Is Not Into You / How To Make Your Ex Boyfriend Jealous And Want You Back / In Love With A Girl I Saw In My Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.