Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,771 members, 7,879,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:47 PM

Has GSE Test Worked For You? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has GSE Test Worked For You? (1789 Views)

Final Free Dragnet GSE Past Questions And Answers ( Old And New Package) / Please Help (re: Free Dragnet GSE Questions) / Skye's Gse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has GSE Test Worked For You? by enspirito: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2008
i need to know who the gse test has worked for? have u gotten a job/job interview using ur gse score? share ur info with other nairalanders
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by monarch(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2008

Good question. I have heard a lot about the merits of the GSE, however I'd like to hear some testimonies to this effect.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by trippleG1: 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2008
yes, it will be interesting to know who has really secured a job using GSE.I received an email to register with them and pay a sum of #5000.a number of banks eg UBA, GTB, Delloite etc where listed as company's who now use GSE instead of conducting aptitude tests.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by amarotex: 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2008
this GSE stuff is really important to me, wud like to know if it works too,
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by Adido(m): 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2008
I have written the GSE test an applied for a number of jobs on the website but up till now I am yet to secure any job via the test. Maybe its because my test score wasnt so high(64%). I got a call once from a cordinator telling me that a client of theirs has signified interest in me, but that was all.

But I think it is really an important exam as most organizations now make taking the test a condition precedent for employment.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by sibanibi: 8:32am On Aug 17, 2008
hello fellow nairalanders, i have always had this on my mind too. i never hear anything from them o, i have not heard of anyone who's got a job through them. i wrote the exam too and i got an okay score but the only thing i always get from them is to apply in so so so company with my score.i hope say this one no be corporate scam.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by enspirito: 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
i once had talked to a guy who claimed he was called by GTB for an interview based on his GSE score(51%). for the person with 64% it gets me more confused how u still in the limbo. all i know is whoever takes my hard earned money, whoever has gotten a job thru GSE should please say so
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by ejirok(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yeah GSE works, I got invited to an interview with GTB Plc over a month ago based on my GSE score (53%), which is kind of low. It takes a long time, I have applied to a couple of others and I have not gotten a reply yet. Just keep your fingers crossed something will come up. The recruitment process in Naija is kinda slow
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by Laibankz: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2008
for doz who have written d exam please watz d test format like??
am bout to write mine,
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by mogambe: 8:49am On Sep 15, 2008
hi there

i just wrote the GSE courtesy UNION BANK. i scored averagely. i do hope that i get called up for the interviews. but in all fairness, on a scale of 1-100%, a score of 50% shld be gud enough for call-up though we have to also take into consideration the number of spaces available and the overall level of performance.

pls lets keep this thread alive so that we can really know how well the GSE test has helped.

takia grin
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by wisedman10: 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
I am happy union bank paid for my GSE exam, cos i have wanted to write the exam, but i don't believe its proper i pay for it. On saturday, i did the test and, believe me, the controlled environment is enough for any candidate to score high percentage. The exam itself is easy, u only have to deal with time cos u don't have much of it there. I suggest Dragnet get more companies to pay for candidates cos in all fairness, its the most organized test i have written and i recommend all fresh graduate (sponsored by companies) should take it.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by mogambe: 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2008
@wisedman10
i share ur opinion too. how was ur test? seems u scored 99%. or wats ur idea of a high score. anyway, when get called by union pls let us know on this thread ok.

takia
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by wisedman10: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ Mogambe

I didn't take the test for just one company, but i promise to inform the house if i secure any job through the GSE score.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by Aiyetunje: 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2008
Am curious to know what the pass mark for this GSE of a thing is? Is there a strict pass mark?Or are the various sections - verbal, quantitative & abstract reasoning - tested for reflected in the result (like the GRE)? becos for instance varying jobs might require varying competencies eg Journalism will need more of verbal, Engineering more of Quantitative, Consulting more of Abstract. This is just a ruff guide but I think the scores need to be more explained & not just given a rough percentage
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by enspirito: 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2008
there is n pass mark for gse. every company determines their own cut-off mark.for ejirok, did u get the gtb job?how many months after taking the gse were u called for the interview?latz know whatz up.cheers all.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by edoyad(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2008
the gse is kinda new and they're been patronised by more companies every day. Let's keep our fingers crossed brothers and sisters.
Re: Has GSE Test Worked For You? by temmymt: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
pls ous how can i prepare for my GSE test

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Hidden Secret Of Resume Writing / Live & Work In Poland & Singapore(limited Jobs Available) / Vacancy In An Oil And Gas Company Located In Escravos, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.