Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,666 members, 7,911,801 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:10 PM

Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. - Phones (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. (144390 Views)

Data Service Guys On Nairaland Willing To Assist You With Free Data Purchase / Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (135) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 11:18am On Feb 03, 2010
afrobaby:

My phone was picked from my bag on monday with my sim card, zain sim, i dont av the sim pack again, is their a way of retrieving my line back and how much will it cost me, thx
visit the nearest zain office n report the case but u wuld have to be very convincing that the line belongs to u
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by motunrayo2: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
please am using Nokia 6230i and the keypad is giving me problem, without pressing any key, it will just be writing 55555555 continuous and ve given it to phone repairer he charged me 3,500 which i paid but still the same he asked me to buy new casing i bought it and the same problem. Please i need help
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by puskin: 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
motunrayo2:

please am using Nokia 6230i and the keypad is giving me problem, without pressing any key, it will just be writing 55555555 continuous and ve given it to phone repairer he charged me 3,500 which i paid but still the same he asked me to buy new casing i bought it and the same problem. Please i need help

Are U sure it is a fone repairer U took ur fone to?? undecided undecided
If the fone repairer changed the keypads and that didn't solve it then Im tempted to think that something is continuously bridging the button No. 5 on the control panel of the fone.
The control panel has to be cleaned very well with spirit if the problem still persists then U have to change the control panel.
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
motunrayo2:

let me fix it . . .mail me. dragnet5050 at gmail d0t c0m
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
puskin:

Are U sure it is a fone repairer U took your fone to or a Carpenter?? undecided undecided
If the fone repairer changed the keypads and that didn't solve it then Im tempted to think that something is continuously bridging the button No. 5 on the control panel of the fone.
The control panel has to be cleaned very well with spirit if the problem still persists then U have to change the control panel.

. . .lolz. . .hw u doing ? Long tym
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by puskin: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^Im cool!!! Wud have luv'd it to be better though.
Pls check ur mail, my YIM dey jogodo.
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by soloson: 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hey muntorayo,3.5 is a pretty big sum of money 4 dat stuf.tel a gud fone engr 2 change de keypad board n chip(ic).if not work, 4get it.da best luck.check wif dragnet dude.
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by tunnex190: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
dragnet:

its [i]not un[/i]usual to experience such issues due to the fact that the phone was just recently released & the initial firmwares usually tend to be buggy. .there's always issues with hardware but they get fixed in later productions & firmware updates. . .

it confused sometimes grin hope u dig
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by danbasco(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2010
dragnet:

its not unusual to experience such issues due to the fact that the phone was just recently released & the initial firmwares usually tend to be buggy. .there's always issues with hardware but they get fixed in later productions & firmware updates. . .

thanks Dragnet, but why is like that, opinions say that N96 was whacked out, so why didnt they correct all the errors in making N97? which later productions do you mean? is it later productions of the same N97 or newer/higher models? do you also imply that i can fix the issues by updating the firmware or i'd rather wait for later productions? i just love this fone so pls understand. its why i need some convincing b4 buying it.
thanks thanks
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by idyday(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
@dragnet,my phone fell to the ground,since then it has refuse to swith on again.if i press the power button for about 3 seconds,it will vibrate as if it's going to on but there is no sound nor display on the screen.i have tried every idea i have.please i meed help!
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2010
danbasco:

thanks Dragnet, but why is like that, opinions say that N96 was whacked out, so why didnt they correct all the errors in making N97? which later productions do you mean? is it later productions of the same N97 or newer/higher models? do you also imply that i can fix the issues by updating the firmware or i'd rather wait for later productions? i just love this fone so pls understand. its why i need some convincing b4 buying it.
thanks thanks
yes I meant the later production of same model. . .later models also come with latest firmwares. . . if u love the phone dat much. .then go for it n hope u get lucky cheesy
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2010
idyday:

@dragnet,my phone fell to the ground,since then it has refuse to swith on again.if i press the power button for about 3 seconds,it will vibrate as if it's going to on but there is no sound nor display on the screen.i have tried every idea i have.please i meed help!
I can imagine how u feel bro. . . From what u have stated, it sounds like a flex issue. . .either the clip snapped off due to the fall or the flex got damaged. . . .check if the lower keypad led lights up when it seems to power.
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by puskin: 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2010
mMm. . . . . . .fones no like their owners again na why all man dey get one fone problem or the other. undecided undecided
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2010
puskin:

mMm. . . . . . .fones no like their owners again na why all man dey get one fone problem or the other. undecided undecided
fonez aint smiling
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by guente02(m): 11:22pm On Feb 05, 2010
Pls i want to update my nokia 3110c but i dont know how. Any hlp @dragnet
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 11:44am On Feb 06, 2010
guente02:

Pls i want to update my nokia 3110c but i dont know how. Any hlp @dragnet
whats ur current firmware ?
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by ade101(m): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2010
I bought nokia 3230,after like 2 month,it failed to boot & says "phone start-up failed contact retailer".I hard format it but no success,so i finally flashed it & still no success.I got tired & droped it at home for like a month,so recently i heard about "save boot" by holding key (2) when booting.So,i gave it a try,and it work.It boot up & i know that d firmware has been upgraded due to d flashn i did long ago.But,d problem is that it has failed to get network often times.Even if it gets network,it will loose it and may get network again after like 2 hour later.I was told that its bcoz of d flashn i did long ago.Someone please help me,i dont know what to do.I will keep checkn for you guy to please proffer solution to my issue.God will bless u all.
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by engrtunemo: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2010
Pls Engineers i want 2 update my nokia N81 8gig,pls ao wil i go about it. Currently is V10.0.053, 21-09-07, RM-179 Nokia N81 (22.01). Thanks.
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by morningsta(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2010
Dragnet, thanks a lot for helping me out with my phone. U are a gr8t guy. There are very few pple that can be trusted like u. I am happy i met u. grin
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by raybim: 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2010
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by jedisco(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2010
Nairalanders please help. I use n73 recently i noticed i could not install or remove java applications. It says unable to install. Also when i try connecting my phone using usb through mass storage it says memory card in use by another applications. Please help
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by degee(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2010
morningsta:

Dragnet, thanks a lot for helping me out with my phone. U are a gr8t guy. There are very few pple that can be trusted like u. I am happy i met u. grin
True talk, I'm also happy to meet him. . .lol
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by degee(m): 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2010
jedisco:

Nairalanders please help. I use n73 recently i noticed i could not install or remove java applications. It says unable to install. Also when i try connecting my phone using usb through mass storage it says memory card in use by another applications. Please help
Back up ur fone, reset factory settings, rehack(if hacked earlier) n' finally, restore settings back
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2010
morningsta:

thanks for also entrusing n giving me d pleasure to help . . .and also for the buckz wink
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2010
jedisco:

Go to messages. . Settings. .other settings. .change ur storage location to phone memory, . . .let me know what happens.

. .as for d java installing issue, what app are u trying to install ?
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2010
jedisco:

Go to messages. . Settings. .other settings. .change ur storage location to phone memory, . . .let me know what happens.

. .as for d java installing issue, what app are u trying to install ?
degee:

True talk, I'm also happy to meet him. . .lol
lol. . when did I meet you ?
. . I met morningsta 4real
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2010
ade101:

I bought nokia 3230,after like 2 month,it failed to boot & says "phone start-up failed contact retailer".I hard format it but no success,so i finally flashed it & still no success.I got tired & droped it at home for like a month,so recently i heard about "save boot" by holding key (2) when booting.So,i gave it a try,and it work.It boot up & i know that d firmware has been upgraded due to d flashn i did long ago.But,d problem is that it has failed to get network often times.Even if it gets network,it will loose it and may get network again after like 2 hour later.I was told that its bcoz of d flashn i did long ago.Someone please help me,i dont know what to do.I will keep checkn for you guy to please proffer solution to my issue.God will bless u all.
give it to a tech
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2010
ade101:

give it to a tech
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by dragnet: 6:02am On Feb 07, 2010
engrtunemo:

Pls Engineers i want 2 update my nokia N81 8gig,pls ao wil i go about it. Currently is V10.0.053, 21-09-07, RM-179 Nokia N81 (22.01). Thanks.
go to ur device manager n check if ur phone can update via OTA or u may need a reliable internet connection to update via NSU
Re: Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. by tjosh(m): 8:54am On Feb 07, 2010
Hey DRAGNET, YOU BE THE BABA

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (135)

Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. / How To Download Youtube Video To Mobile Phone / Airtel Has Introduced N100 For 1GB Weekend Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.