Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,974 members, 7,942,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

System Restarts Itself - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Restarts Itself (702 Views)

Computer Restarts When Playing Games / System Restarts Repeatedly / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Restarts Itself by mikkyjay(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2008
hey guys i dont know what is wrong with my new system, i bought this system just two weeks ago and since then it has been shutting down and restarting on its own at intervals. i contacted the engineer that installed it and he said he will remove the 1gb ram in it and put two 512rams to make it 1gb dual ram, so instead of one single 1gb ram i get two 512mb rams, he said it wil solve the problem, but i doubt if it is the problem here because it is a hp p4 system with 2.4ghz processor and 1gb single ram, and i have avg 8.0 free edition installed and working. pls gurus in the house what do u all think is likely the problem and the possible solution to it because it shuts down atimes two times in one hour and after that it shows a massage (the system have recovered from a serious error) pls i need your help here. thanks in advance
Re: System Restarts Itself by tobidaflava(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2008
It needs to be re-formatted.
Re: System Restarts Itself by tobidaflava(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2008
Hope it solves the problem!
Re: System Restarts Itself by uspry1(f): 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2008
A dual RAM memory chip has nothing to do with your system crash restart itself repeatedly.

Your system has infected virus attacks that you did not doing good job to upgrade your freeware AVG antivirus software at your own responsibility periodically.

Here is the following instruction how to disable system restore in order to stop system restart itself repeatedly at below link:
http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml

Hard Disk reformat is the last resort to wipe off whole system and re-install your Operating System CD!!!

Good luck!
Re: System Restarts Itself by mikkyjay(m): 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2008
thanks all i think i will just do the formatting, once again thank you all for your support
Re: System Restarts Itself by SpirtMan(m): 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2008
WOW! That sounds like the classic symptoms of "w32 rontokbro Virus". You should try to use a different type of Anti Virus, such as McAfee, Norton, etc, I use McAfee. Secondly recommend that you keep you anti virus system up-to-date because your anti virus software is only as good as its last update. Updates are made available at least once in a week. Cheers!
Re: System Restarts Itself by uspry1(f): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2008
Spirt_Man:

WOW! That sounds like the classic symptoms of "w32 rontokbro Virus". You should try to use a different type of Anti Virus, such as McAfee, Norton, etc, I use McAfee. Secondly recommend that you keep you anti virus system up-to-date because your anti virus software is only as good as its last update. Updates are made available at least once in a week. Cheers!

@spirt Man

The most majority Nigerians cannot afford paying yearly subscribed renewal commercial anti-virus software such as McAfee and Norton. I use McAfee Security Protection setting up AUTOMATICALLY UPDATES ITSELF to do the job for me for 10 years---I never get my system attacked at all.

They Nigerians prefer getting FREEWARE anti-virus software such as AVANT home edition, AVG, Nod32, and BitDefender.

There are many existing NL threads where to get freeware anti-virus software being downloading on NL.

(1) (Reply)

Dvd/cd Drive Problems / Please Help Me! / Computer Refuse To Booth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.