Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:43 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116594 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by AKO1(m): 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2008
My people I dey hail una o!

Abeg helep me thank Baba God, I was in an accident on Tuesday but God is merciful, and Nigerians are perhaps the most caring people on earth.

I was actually overspeeding and lost control but God still had mercy. Did a 360 and ended up in the bush, there were no trees in that area!!! No cars were coming or going (1 way) except an okada man behind me that helped mobilize people to pull out the car because the area is quite remote. If our leaders were as sensitive as those local people were, this country would be much better.

And moreover like 1 min before the spin I wound down the windows, who knows maybe the shrubs would have shattered the glass in my face (I couldnt open the door to tell u how tall nd thick they were), or the car would have flipped because there would have been more wind-resistance.

Its been quite traumatic over the past few days but God is my strength.

God is Good!!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2008
plus_Queen:

Same to you Jesoul and make sure to keep warm in Boston.
Always remember that He will come as a thief in the night
    smiley Thank you oh my sister! I will smiley

A_K_O:

My people I dey hail una o!

Abeg helep me thank Baba God, I was in an accident on Tuesday but God is merciful, and Nigerians are perhaps the most caring people on earth.

I was actually overspeeding and lost control but God still had mercy. Did a 360 and ended up in the bush, there were no trees in that area!!! No cars were coming or going (1 way) except an okada man behind me that helped mobilize people to pull out the car because the area is quite remote. If our leaders were as sensitive as those local people were, this country would be much better.

And moreover like 1 min before the spin I wound down the windows, who knows maybe the shrubs would have shattered the glass in my face (I couldnt open the door to tell u how tall nd thick they were), or the car would have flipped because there would have been more wind-resistance.

Its been quite traumatic over the past few days but God is my strength.

God is Good!!!!

wow AKO!  shocked  since tuesday and you're just telling us? I thank God indeed for saving you, He will always watch over and protect His own. You are the second person now that God has saved this month (Obinna praise God for you too).
  And that is such a heartwarming thing to hear the way people helped you, in the midst of all the bad things we hear about nigerians this is something to cheer about.
  AKO praise God for your life Psalm 118:17 "YOU will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done" AMEN and AMEN!!!  kiss  smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by oatcrown: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2008
"If we look carefully within ourselves, we shall find that there are
certain limits beyond which we refuse to go in offering ourselves to
God. We hover around these reservations, making believe not to
see them, for fear of self-reproach. The more we shrink from giving
up any such reserved point, the more certain it is that it needs to
be given up. If we were not fast bound by it, we should not make
so many efforts to persuade ourselves that we are free."
- François Fénelon
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2008
A_K_O, praise God for His mercies despite our inadequacies! I really thank God for that great deliverance. The gift of life is such a precious one. I praise God yours is preserved.

[Please don't overspeed again o.]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2008
Yesszz oh, Please dont test God o

Thank God for Life!

@Fellowship.

Yesterday a friend i was chatting with signed off, with

Stay Blessed and Remain Rapturable.

It got me thinking,

is there really a clear definition of rapture in the bible.

What is a Rapture, What does it mean to us.

id like us to discuss this.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by otokx(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2008
Thats a good one gamine; i will take time to look at it again and get back to the forum.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kolaoloye(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2008
[size=15pt]Rejected Again? [/size]

Glynnis Whitwer

"This is the same Moses whom they had rejected with the words, 'Who made you ruler and judge?'
He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself,
through the angel who appeared to him in the bush." Acts 7:35 (NIV)

Devotion:

Rejection is never fun. Most of us avoid situations where we know we'll be rejected, and sometimes we give up too soon.
Parents, worn down by the defiance of children, give in rather than discipline in love. Friends avoid giving biblical advice
when it's rebuffed repeatedly. Many of us just stop sharing the good news of the Gospel when someone seems uninterested.
We may know God asked us to do something, but trying repeatedly is just too hard when we've been rejected before.

There is wisdom in knowing when to press on and when to back up. Only the Holy Spirit can give us direction on what to do when we
meet resistance. But many times, I wonder if fear, insecurity or exhaustion drives our decision to stop obeying God's requests. Unless
God specifically tells us to stop, we should consider our past marching orders as standing orders and face that possible rejection again.

Moses is an example of someone God called to help people who had already rejected him. In Acts, chapter 7, we read Stephen's final sermon. It included the story of Moses, an Israelite, who was raised in the Egyptian Pharaoh's house, full of wealth and privilege. At the age of 40, Moses visited his fellow Israelites who were enslaved by the Egyptians, and in his anger he killed one of them. When other Israelites discovered the murder, Moses fled to the wilderness for 40 years. That was when God asked Moses to return to Egypt to free His people.

Moses was an unwilling servant in the beginning, full of excuses. In Exodus, chapter 3, Moses begins the list of reasons why he shouldn't go back to Egypt : That he was nobody, that he wouldn't know the name of Who sent him, the Israelites wouldn't believe him anyway, and that he wasn't eloquent. Quite an inventory of excuses, wasn't it? Stephen, over 1,500 years later, cuts to the heart of the matter when he said Moses was sent to the people who had rejected him.

Moses was just like you and me. I think he loved God, but he didn't want to open himself up to criticism and rejection. And so he quickly identified the list of reasons why he couldn't do what God had asked. But God had important plans for Moses. Moses was the one God chose to bring freedom to the Israelites. God saw value and worth in Moses, and God sees that same worth in you.

With God's help and power, Moses returned to the Israelites and led them to freedom. Obedience wasn't easy, but the end result brought God glory, and freedom from slavery to a million people. Sometimes God may send us back to speak truth and freedom to someone who has rejected us before. When that happens, we can trust that God sees our potential and that pressing through rejection will be worth it in the end.

Dear Lord, thank You for including stories in the Bible of people who faced rejection. Obeying Your will isn't always easy.
Thank You for being with me always, for being my courage and for working miracles every day around me. Help me not to
give up too soon. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by obinna5000(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2008
@A K O
Thank God for His everlasting protection over ur life. How are you?

@fellowship
We should always be devoted to the Almighty God no matter the trials, rejections and temptations. Hang on to the Lord and He will never disappoint us.
God is Love. God bless. smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JJYOU: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2008
Gamine:

Yesterday a friend i was chatting with signed off, with

Stay Blessed and Remain Rapturable.

It got me thinking,

is there really a clear definition of rapture in the bible.

What is a Rapture, What does it mean to us.

id like us to discuss this.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)

Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.
[NLT at Tyndale] [Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.]

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died[a] will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by vicero(m): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2008
@all e-fellowship memebers and visitors as well:
May God continue to bless you all. It's so great to see that there are still many Nigerians who are not ashamed to check up and talk about God's Business. As you have all made God's Business, HE who is above all, will make your concern HIS, HE would make your burdens HIS, HE would make your battle HIS and you know what it means when the LORD OF HOSTS is on your side, who can stand against you? May God continue to bless you all and prepare us all for the great reunion with our brother, friend and mentor, saviour and lover of our souls, JESUS.
Do not be decieved, the rapture is very close. It's here. It has never been this close. Please, do not be distratcted by the things of the world again. This is injury time. As you all strive hard to keep in the faith, GOD will release HIS SPIRIT to help us all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by vicero(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2008
@all testifiers:
You overcame the devil by the blood of the LAMB and the words of your testimony. Your testimonies will remain permanent.
Its a thing of joy to know how much GOD has been doing in all your lives. May your testimonies remain permanent and may GOD fo more in your lives.

@all
I want to thnk GOD for the life of my colleague at work. God has just added another year to her life today and am really givrn GOD the glory for that.
Also, i want to think him for all HE has been doing in my family, my Dad's work place especially. HE has been too too good. May HIS name alone be praised forever[i].
[/color][color=#990000]

REMAIN RAPTURABLE.[/i][b][/color][/b][color=#990000]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by CHRISFER: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2008
great so we can go to church on nairaland. praise the lorddddddddddddddddddddd!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2008
You are welcome! lol grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2008
Na wa oh . . . its so quiet in here . . .   smiley

Hope everyone's doing well. I wanted to come n give thanks to God for His love and direction and provision. I am blessed beyond measure and will overcome by the word of my testimony.

I pray now for all those who hunger and thirst for God, that He may fill them till they overflow with His goodness n grace.
Is 55:6  Seek the LORD while he may be found
             call on him while he is near.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2008
Jesoul,

you just disppeared sha.

Whats up with you o

Amen to your prayers o! smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2008
My sister, no be so oh smiley . . . the reilgion forum has too many riff raffs running free smiley . . . I only participate in topics where the poster has a genuine interest in learning and in discussions where progress or sense is actually being made not just arguments n endless head-butting n people are trying to "win" instead of "learn" . . . that rules out about 98% of religion topics cheesy

but you can frequently find me in the NFL/NBA threads . . . cool

anyways how you dey? kiss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2008
i get you ooh smiley

but NBA/NFL *gulps* lipsrsealed

i dunno. i will pop in , now and then sha.

Anyways, im doing well and my research is complete

i thank God for that! grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2008
hehe I feel you . . . even my family shudders when they hear say I dey watch golf & baseball . . . smiley nevertheless, I embrace my "weirdness" grin cool

And your research is complete? What the final selection? I'm curious! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2008
lol.

I play golf sha, atleast i dey learn cheesy

The Answer is on The NBA/NFL thread. grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2008
aight got ya wink
So you play golf? I wouldn't have guessed that! smiley We used to play with sticks n try to hit balls into cups we lay on the ground . . . good times smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2008
lol.yeah Good times.

When i tell people Golf, they r like

But i like it sha, grin

one time, i even went out to play with a Nairalander sef. wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2008
. . . lol golf is not a typical word you would hear coming out from a young lady smiley. Which NL'der be dat? you have so many admirers I don't know which one to guess sef! hehe grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2008
yeah, but funny at the course there was young people o, i was like shocked

The pesin?? grin He is not a regular poster tho.

But i have more people trying to Slander me than Admirers

Small price to pay for greatness eh cheesy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by doyin13(m): 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2008
YuckNFL/NBA/GOLF. what the heck

whatever happened to good ol' rugger or crikey cheesy grin

JeSoul:

. . . lol golf is not a typical word you would hear coming out from a young lady smiley. Which NL'der be that? you have so many admirers I don't know which one to guess sef! hehe grin

It is not the quantity but the quality of the admirer(s).

Now when you consider I am an admirer of yours Jesoul . . . .hehehehe. . .its a wrap. grin grin

Gamine is Forgeted tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2008
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by doyin13(m): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2008
Gamine:

lol. . . .I empathise

I am fitfully traumatised by those sadistic teachers from my sec sch days
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2008

eyah
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2008
doyin13:

YuckNFL/NBA/GOLF. what the heck

whatever happened to good ol' rugger or crikey cheesy grin
 I called for some evidence to substantiate your "legendary status" as a cricket player . . . I'm still patiently waiting . . .  smiley

It is not the quantity but the quality of the admirer(s).

Now when you consider I am an admirer of yours Jesoul . . . .heheheheits a wrap. grin grin

Gamine is Forgeted tongue tongue
  *. . . searching for the blushing icon*  smiley  kiss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 5:17pm On Oct 23, 2008
lol . . . Gamine those animations are hilarious cheesy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2008
Thanks to Sisikill A.K.A Baby Jinx

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by brainwave(m): 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2008
Hi all, som1 sent me the piece below, I read it & was blessed. Thought it was too good not to share with others!

[b]Standing Firm    - October 15, 2008

You see it all the time. People achieve success, and then their personal lives seem to fall apart. As someone once said, success has made
failures of many men. But does that have to happen?

The September 1996 issue of Standing Firm magazine contains a great story about Bobby Bowden. Bowden is head football coach for Florida State University. His team's winning record places him near the top in wins among active coaches at the Division I level. Bowden's record of successes in bowl games is the highest winning percentage in NCAA history. So he is successful in his chosen career. Whether you are a fan of F.S.U. or not, you have to admit that Bowden is a successful coach.

But there is more to Bowden than the statistics you read in the sports pages. He is a man of faith, and makes no apologies for that. During his
team's Friday evening meetings before their Saturday games, Bowden uses valuable time for team devotionals, which he leads. As for his ongoing
leadership of the team's staff, each day he meets with his staff for devotions and prayer prior to their regular staff meetings.

Each year, Bowden takes his entire team to a predominantly black church for worship. The following Sunday, he takes the team to a predominantly
white church. There is no deception involved--he writes a letter to each athlete's parents or guardian to tell them about the church visits and
obtain their approval. "I'm trying to show these kids that they are accepted in church whether they are white or black," Bowden said.

So what is the point of this and the many other ways Bowden walks his walk of faith? Bowden says, "I want to show these kids that you can be a
Christian, you can be a God-fearing man, you can abide by the rules, and you can still be successful."

How Does This Apply to Our Lives?

A number of social commentators have asked the questions, "Where are our heroes?" and "Where are the role models for today's youth?" That is
because we constantly read about people who were considered heroes, but turned out to be villains who compromised their values and broke the
rules. Is it necessary to compromise your values to make it in life? Bowden's story shows that it is not.

No, Bowden is not perfect. But there is a core to his life. Bowden stands firm in his beliefs--and is successful. What is the difference between the Bobby Bowden's of the world, and others? Simply put, some people are like onions. They have no core, just layers. And when you peel away all the layers, nothing is left. Don't glorify the "onions" of the world. Instead, lift up people like Bowden--men and women with a core to their lives, who exhibit integrity and faith. Help them touch others. Encourage them. Pray for them. Finally, build and strengthen your own core. Start by placing your trust and confidence totally in God. Trusting in God does not guarantee you worldly success or great riches, but the Bible teaches that something far more important will result, blessings from God.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him."

Job 17:9[/b]Contributed by Rich McLawhorn
email:REM@mail01.scdps. state.sc. us
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kolaoloye(m): 8:25am On Oct 24, 2008
Let this be your prayer
REMIND ME, O GOD

When I am lonely and
Perhaps I feel despair,
Let not my ailing heart forget
That YOU hear every prayer,

Remind me that no matter what
I do or fail to do,
There still is hope for as long
as I have FAITH in YOU,

Let not my eyes be blinded by
Some folly I commit,
But help me to regret my wrong
And make amends for it.

Inspire me to put my fears
Upon a hidden shelf,
And in the future try not to
Feel sorry for myself.

Give me the restful sleep I need
Before another dawn,
And bless me in the morning with
THE COURAGE TO GO ON.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (115)

Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.