Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,303 members, 7,881,123 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:00 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116596 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2008
All, thanks be to God who gives us victory.  I trust you are all doing great.  I was actually down with fever for the past two weeks.  But thank God I am better now.  And what a priviledge to be among the saints here again.

A word for today:

Romans 8:

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?

36 Just as it is written, "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED."

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

JeSoul, you are a darling.  Thanks for the thoughts.  May heaven open up its treasures upon you.  Love you. wink

Obinna5000, the Lord be with you as you open that new chapter of your life.  May His grace be sufficient for you.  May He grant you wisdom and success in your studies and strength to cope with the increased demand on your time and energy.  Remember, He who watches you neither sleeps nor slumbers.  Take charge, bro and do pop in once in a while.

phemmy400,  receive grace to grow in Him, strength to soar above storms, will and fortitude to break from whatever competes with the love of your Lord in your life.  There is this song I sing in my heart for you now:

Bring him back, bring him back there Lord
To the place where he first received you
Bring him back, bring him back there Lord
To where he first believed.

I pray your heart will pant after Him just like it was when you first received Him.  Life’s journey is not a sprint, but a long-distance race.  Receive that extra strength now to go all the way with Jesus.  You will overcome.  You will not end your journey half-way.  You will overcome I said.  It is him that overcomes that receives crown, I said you will overcome.  Receive encouragement.  Receive grace.  I prophesy over your life.  I speak to every deadness in you to come alive.  I speak to every dryness in you to receive heaven’s refreshing dews.  Let bone come to bone, sinew upon sinew, flesh upon flesh and receive the breath of life from heaven to rise up and becoming exceedingly great and vibrant as you read this.  As I was commanded, so I speak life to your spirit in Jesus name.

As for Bunmi Ajayi, may the Spirit that raised up Jesus from the grave quicken every cell in her body right now.  What the doctors at LUTH couldn’t do, I pray Dr. Jesus, the Physician of Heaven, step in now and lay those healing hands upon her.  Be healed, Bunmi, in Jesus name. She shall live to declare the goodness of God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 11:16am On Oct 31, 2008
obinna, take a very good care of yourself. May God's blessing and grace never depart from your life. Love you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2008
@analytical, You are a blessing. Your words are spirit filled. Your words are life giving. Thank you so much. As a matter of fact, i cannot thank you enough. With people like you around , all cannot but be well. May all grace abound towards you ,may all your heart cry be fulfilled beyond your widest imaginations. You are so blessed. You are blessed more than blessings itself. God bless you. Thank you, i am most gratefull. My sister is already getting better. They are still some speculations , however, that she would need an operation. But those are mere words, we are kings and our words are powerfull . As we have declared , she is healed already. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by vicero(m): 9:25am On Nov 03, 2008
Good day to you all. I want to bless the Lord for your lives. I know the Lord who has kept you all alive till now, will gurad and protect you to the end. It's the end of the year once again and we have to be alert for the devil is not sleeping. As we Christians are busy taking stock of all we have done for the Lord this year, and counting our blessings and making finishing touches to all that has not be perfected, the devil and his agents are doing same. We are not to be ignorant of his vices. he is masquerading in so many forms.
In church this weekend, i heard this wonderful sermon, which i would like to share with you guys. First, the enemy is masquerading in so many ways now, that we cannot really tell where they are coming from. It makes it more difficult to attack or even guard against their attacks when we do not know where they are coming from. he appears to be a friend, he appears to you like the one who has your interest at heart, but underneath that mask is a wicked sole, plotting your downfall. Brethren, please, in this last days especially as we draw close to the end of this year , be careful and alert. let the spirit do the leading and you, the following. And as we do so i know the Lord almighty will see us through and perfect that which he has started in our lives. AMEN.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2008
cicero:

@ OLAADEGBU:
Someone sent me that story a couple of days ago.
After reading it I focused on the part where this man's lover came on the scene, wait a minute, he got himself involved in an unholy union that almost cost him his home and for what? selfishness.
We as christian men have to know that no matter how much you pray or serve the Lord you have to set boundaries between you and the opposite sex or else sooner or later you might be caught in the trap of adultery.
Your spirituality can't save you here, your deliberate decisions and actions will. Your spirituality points your conscience towards the truth but you need to 'will' to follow the truth.
I know a sister presently going through simply because the husband, a deacon in one of the biggest churches in Nigeria is having an affair with his secretary.
The lesson here for married persons is not to carry each other to the door or 'pretend' to be romantic before their children.
The lesson is set boundaries that protect your beautiful home or else you will find yourself living for 'self'. Even if the boundary means you sacking your secretary like I did years ago.
One last note to married and yet to marry brothers and sisters: If you want to enjoy peace, prosperity and protection, pour all the love you can on your family, especially your spouse and then expect a life of overflow.

Thanks for sharing with us the lessons for married couples and for those that are about to be.  May the Lord give us the wisdom and patience to succeed where teething problems threaten to break up what God has joined together.

@phemmy400, daruche, rexx and others who appreciated and were blessed by the article on the lesson for married couples.  May the good Lord richly bless you and keep your marriages intact, and fill you with His love that will cement your loving relationship together in Jesus' name.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2008
@Fifio,

God richly bless you and keep you ready for partaking in the marriage Supper of the Lamb in Jesus' name.  As a result of the blessing on Christians who are looking forward to this great Event I will endeavour to repost the first four testimonies of the divine revelation of heaven of the seven youths next.  Remain blessed.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2008
--- (1st Testimony, Esau) ---

2 Corinthians 12:2 :
I know a man in Christ who 14 years ago - whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God know- was caught up as far as the third heaven.

We were in the room, when we had the first experience. The room started to fill again with a light from the presence of the Lord. It was powerful that it lit up the entire room. The room was full of His glory, it was beautiful to be before Him.
Jesus told to us, "My sons, now I will show you My Kingdom, we will go to my Glory." We took each others hands and were lifted up. I looked down and noticed that we were going out of our own bodies. As we left our bodies we were dressed with white robes and started to go up at a very high speed.

We arrived in front of a pair of doors which was the entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven. We were astonished at what was happening to us. Thankfully, Jesus the Son of God was there with us, along with two angels who each had four wings.

The angels began to talk to us, but we didn't understand what they were saying. Their language was very different from ours, neither was it like any Earthly language. These angels were welcoming us and they opened those immense doors. We saw a wonderful place, with many different things. I remember that when we came inside, a perfect peace filled our hearts. The Bible tells us that God would give us peace that surpasses all human understanding (Philippians 4:7)

The first thing I saw was a deer, so I asked one of my friends, "Sandra, are you looking at the same thing I am looking at?" She was no longer crying or shouting anymore, as when we were shown Hell. She was smiling and said: "Yes Esau, I am looking at a deer!" Then I knew that everything was real, we were really in the Kingdom of Heaven. All the horrors that we saw in Hell were soon forgotten. We were there enjoying the glory of God. We went to where the deer was, behind it stood a absolutely huge tree! It was in the center of the paradise.

The Bibles tells us in Revelation 2:7 "Whoever has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. I will grant the victor to eat from the tree of life that stands in the paradise of God"

This tree is a symbol of Jesus, because Christ is Eternal Life. Behind the tree was a river of crystalline water. It was so clear and beautiful, like we never had seen before on Earth. We just wanted to stay in that place. Many times we said to the Lord, "Lord please! Do not take us out of this place! We want to be here forever! We don't want to go back to Earth!" The Lord answered us, "It is necessary that you go back to give testimony of all the things that I have prepared for those who love Me because I am coming back very soon and my reward is with Me."

When we saw the river, we hurried there and got inside of it. We remembered the scripture that says that whoever believes in the Lord, from his belly shall run rivers of living water. (John 7:38) The water from this river seemed to have life in itself, so we immersed ourselves in it. Inside and outside of the water we could breath normally. That river was very deep and there were many different colors of fish swimming in it. The light inside and out of the river was normal; in Heaven light did not come from a specific source, everything was just brightly lit up. The Bible tells us that the Lord Jesus is the light of that city (Revelations 21:23). With our hands, we took some of the fish out of the water; they didn't die. So we ran to the Lord and asked Him why. The Lord smiled and answered that in Heaven there is no more death, no more crying, and no more pain. (Revelations 21:4)

We left the river and ran to every place we could find, we wanted to touch and experience everything. We wanted to bring everything back home with us, because we were so amazed at the things in Heaven. They simply cannot be explained sufficiently with words. When the Apostle Paul was taken to Heaven, he saw things that he could never explain with words, because of the greatness of the things in the Kingdom of Heaven. (2 Corinthians 12) There are things we saw that we have almost no way of describing.

We then came to a very immense area; a very wonderful and beautiful place. This place was full of precious stones: gold, emeralds, rubies and diamonds. The floor was made of pure gold. We then went to a place where there were three very large books. The first one was a Bible made of gold. In Psalms it tells us that the Word of God is eternal and that the Word of God remains in Heaven forever. (Psalms 119:89) We were looking at a huge golden Bible; the pages, the scripture, everything was made of pure gold.

The second book we saw was bigger than the Bible. It was open and an angel was sitting there writing inside the book. Together with the Lord Jesus we got closer to see what the angel was writing. The angel was writing all of the things that were happening on the Earth. Everything that has happened; including the date, the hour, everything is recorded there. This is done so the Word of the Lord can be fulfilled where it says that the Books were opened, and that the people on the Earth were judged according to their works that were written in those books (Revelations 20:12). The angel was writing all the things that people were doing here on Earth, good or bad, as it is written.

We continued to the place where the third book was. It was even bigger than the last book! The book was closed, but we got closer to it. All seven of us together took the book down from its stand, according to command of the Lord, and we put it on a pillar.
The pillars and columns in Heaven are so wonderful! They are not made like the ones on the Earth. The columns were like a braid, they were made of different precious stones. Some were made of diamonds, others were made of pure emeralds, others were made of pure gold, and others were made of a combination of many different type of stones. I then understand that God really is the owner of all things, as it is written in Haggai 2:8, "The gold is mine, and silver is mine." I understood that God is absolutely rich and He owns all the riches in the world. I also understood that the world in all its fullness belongs to our God, and He wants to give it to all those who ask in faith.

The Lord said, "Ask me and I will give you the nations for an inheritance." (Psalms 2:8eight) This book that we put on the column was so big that in order to turn a page we had to walk each page to the other side of the book. We tried to read what was in that book, as the Lord asked us. At first, it was difficult to read because it was written in strange characters that we could not understand. It was different from any Earthly language; it was something totally Heavenly. But with the help of the Holy Ghost, we were given the grace to understand it. It was like a bandage was taken off our eyes and we could then understand the writing; as clear as our own language.
We could see that all seven of our names were written in the book. The Lord told us that it was the Book of Life. (Revelations 3:5) We noted that the names written in the book were not the names we were called on Earth; these names were new, so the Word of God can be fulfilled when it says that He would give us a new name that no one else knows but the person who receives it. (Revelations 2:17)
In Heaven, we were able to pronounce our names, but once the Lord brought us back to Earth those names were taken from our memories and our hearts. The Word of God is eternal, and it has to be fulfilled. My friends, the Bible says, (Revelations 3:11) Don't let anyone take your crown, do not let any one to usurp or remove that place that the Father has ready for you. In Heaven, there are millions of things that are wonderful, we just can't express it with our mouths. But I want to tell you something, "God is waiting for you!" However it is only the people that perseveres until the end, who will be saved! (Mark 13:13)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2008
--- (2nd Testimony, Ariel) ---

When we started to go up to the Kingdom of Heaven, we came to a beautiful place with precious doors. In front of the doors were two angels. They started to talk, but their speech was angelical and we could not understand what they were saying. But the Holy Ghost gave us understanding. They were welcoming us. The Lord Jesus put His hands on the doors and they opened. If Jesus were not with us, we would never have been able to come inside Heaven.

We began to appreciate everything in Heaven. We saw a huge tree, the Bible describes this tree as the "Tree of Life." (Revelation 2:7) We went to a river, and saw a lot of fish inside. Everything was so amazing that my friends and I decided to go inside the water. We began to swim under that water. We saw the fish moving around and they caressed our bodies. They didn't swim away as normally happens on Earth; the presence of the Lord calmed the fish. The fish could trust us because they knew that we were not going to harm them. I was so blessed and marveled that I grabbed one of the fish and took it out of the water. What was so amazing was that the fish was very quiet enjoying the presence of the Lord even in my hands. I put the fish back into the water.

I could see in the distance that there were white horses in Heaven, as it is written in the word of God in Revelation 19:11. "Then I saw heaven open and a white horse appeared. Its rider is called Faithful and True; justly He Judges and wages war." Those horses were the ones that the Lord will use when He comes to the Earth to take His people, His church. I walked to the horses and began to pat them. The Lord followed me and allowed me to ride one of them.
When I started to ride, I felt something that I had never felt before on Earth. I began to experience the peace, the freedom, the love, the holiness that a person can have in that beautiful place. I started to enjoy everything that my eyes could see. I just wanted to enjoy everything in that beautiful paradise that the Lord has prepared for us.

We also could see the wedding banquet table, everything was already served. It had no beginning or end. We saw the chairs prepared for us. There was also crowns of eternal life that are ready to be taken by us. We saw delicious foods that are already set, for all of those that will be invited to the Wedding of the Lamb.
Angels where there with some white cloth for the cloaks that the Lord is preparing for us. I was amazed looking at all these things. The Word of God tells us that we have to receive that Kingdom of God like little children. (Mathew 18:3) When we were in Heaven we were like children. We started to enjoy everything there; the flowers, the residences, the Lord even allowed us to go inside the residences.

Then God took us to a place that had many children. The Lord was in the middle of them and He started to play with them. He made sure to spend enough time with each of them and He enjoyed being with them. We got close to the Lord and asked Him, "Lord are these children the ones who are going to be born on Earth?". The Lord answered, "No, these children are the ones who were aborted on the Earth". Upon hearing that, I felt something inside of me that made me shake.

I remembered something I had done in the past, when I did not know the Lord. At that time, I was in a relationship with a woman and she got pregnant. When she told me she was pregnant, I did not know what to do so I asked her for some time to make a decision. Time passed and when I went to her to tell my decision, it was already too late because she already had an abortion. That marked my life. Even after I accepted the Lord in my heart, that abortion was something that I could not forgive myself of. But God did something that day, He allowed me to enter that place and told me, "Ariel, do you see that girl that is there? That girl is your daughter." When He told me that, I saw the girl, I felt the wound, I had in my soul for such long time, started to heal. The Lord allowed me to walk close to her and she got close to me. I took her in my hands and saw her eyes. One word I heard from her lips, "Daddy". I understood and I felt that God had mercy on me and had forgiven me, but I had to learn to forgive myself.

Dear friend, whoever reads this, I want to tell you one thing. God has already forgiven your sins, now you have to learn to forgive yourself. I give thanks to God for allowing me to share this testimony with you. Lord Jesus Christ I give you the honor and glory! This testimony is of the Lord, He allowed us to receive this revelation. I hope that each one of our brothers that reads this testimony shall receive also the blessing of this testimony and take it to bless many others.

God bless you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2008
--- (3rd Testimony) ---

(Revelations 21:4)
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

When we arrived, these big doors were opened for us, and I started to see a valley full of flowers. The flowers were beautiful and their smell was exquisite. We started to walk and experience a total freedom like we had never felt on the Earth. We felt a peace that filled our hearts and while we looked at the flowers we noticed that they were unique; each petal was different, genuine, and had a unique color.
Inside my heart, I said to my Lord that I wanted to have a flower like one of these. The Lord gave an expression of agreement, I got close to a flower and started to pull it. But nothing happened, I could not pull the flower out of the ground. I couldn't even pull the petals or leaves off of the flower. Then the Lord broke the silence and said, "Here everything must be done in love." He touched the flower and it surrendered itself to the hand of the Lord. He then gave it to us. We continued walking and the smell from the flowers was still with us.

We arrived at a place with a set of very beautiful doors. These doors were not simple, they were very ornate in their craftsmanship and had precious stones engraved on them. The doors opened and we entered into a room with many people. Everybody was running here and there making preparations. Some of them carried rolls of shining white cloth over their shoulders, others were carrying spindles of golden thread, and yet others were taking some kind of plates with something like shields inside them. Everyone was running with effort.
We asked the Lord why there was so much effort and hurry. Then Lord bid a young man to come close. This man had a roll of cloth on his shoulders. He came and looked at the Lord, reverently. When the Lord asked him why he was carrying that roll of cloth, he just looked at the Lord and said, "Lord you know what this cloth is for! This cloth is used to make the robes of the redeemed, the robes for the great Bride." Upon hearing this, we felt a great joy and peace. Revelation 19:8 tells us: "And it has been granted to her to be dressed in pure, resplendent linen. For the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints."

When we came out of that place we felt even more peace, because it was beautiful to see that the Lord Himself was making something nice for us. He has the place and the time for you because you are important to Him. When we came out of that place, our eyes got lost in every detail in Heaven. It's like each thing had life in itself, and every object there was giving glory to God.

Then we came to a place where there were millions and millions of children, of all ages. When they saw the Lord, all of them wanted to hug Him, to feel more of His love, because He was their passion. Jesus was the passion of each child there. We felt like crying after seeing how the Lord spoiled each one of these children, how He kissed them and held their hands.
We saw how angels got close to the Lord, bringing Him babies wrapped in linen. The Lord caressed, touched, and gave them a kiss on their foreheads and then the angels took them back with them. We asked the Lord why there were so many children there, were those children going to be sent to the Earth. The Lord sounded touched for a moment, and He said, "No, these children will not be sent to the Earth! These are the ones that were aborted on the Earth, whose parents don't want to have them. These are my children and I love them." I nodded my head, and even my voice trembled to ask the Lord such a question.
When I didn't know the Lord, the true Life that He is, I made mistakes and sinned like everybody else. Among those sins was an abortion I had. There was a moment where I had to be face to face with the Lord and ask Him, "Lord, is the baby I aborted, long ago, here?". The Lord answered, "Yes." I started walking to one of the sides and I saw a beautiful little boy. Close to his feet stood an angel. The angel was looking at the Lord, and the boy had his back facing us.
The Lord told me, "Look, there is your boy." I wanted to see him so I ran over to him, but the angel stopped me with his hand. He showed me that I had to listen to the boy first. I started to hear what the little boy was saying. He was talking and looking in the direction of the other children. He asked the angel, "Are my daddy and my mommy coming here soon?" The angel, looking at me, answered to him, "Yes, your daddy and your mommy are just about to come."
I do not know why I was given the privilege of hearing these words, but in my heart I knew that these words were the best gift that the Lord could give to me. This little one was not talking with anger, or pain, maybe knowing that we did not let him be born. He was simply waiting with the love that God had placed in his heart.

We continued walking, but I kept the image of that boy in my heart. I know that each day I have to make an effort to be able to be with him one day. I have one more reason to go there, because someone is waiting for me in the Kingdom of Heaven. The Word of God tells us in Isaiah 65:19, "I too will rejoice over Jerusalem and Will delight in My people. No more will there be heard in her the voice of weeping or the voice of crying."

We came to a place with some small mountains, and the Lord Jesus came dancing. In front of Him was a crowd of people dressed in white robes and they lifted their hands with green olive branches. When they waved the branches in the air, they released oil. God has great things prepared for you! Now is the time for you to put your heart before Him.

God bless you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2008
--- (4th Testimony) ---

In the Kingdom of Heaven, we saw wonderful things as it is written in the Word of God, 1 Corinthians 2:9, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, neither has the human heart thought of what God has prepared for those who love Him."

When we arrived at the Kingdom of Heaven it was so spectacular and wonderful to see so many things; so many big things and to feel the glory of the Lord. It is so special; a place with lots of children. We could say that there were millions of children in that place.

We saw children of different ages, Heaven was divided into sections. We saw some kind of baby-house that sheltered kids aged 2-4. We also noticed that the children in the Kingdom of Heaven grow up and there was a school where the children are taught the Word of God. The teachers are angels and they teach the children worship songs and how to glorify the Lord Jesus.

When the Lord arrived, we could see the immense joy of our King. Even though we could not see His face, we could see His smile, it filled the entire place. When He arrived, all the children ran to Him! In the middle of all those children, we could see Mary, the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ on Earth. She was a beautiful woman. We did not see her on a throne and neither was anyone worshiping her. She was there as one of the other women in heaven, like all other people on Earth she had to win her salvation. She had a white robe and a golden belt around her waist, and her hair reached down to her waist.

On Earth, we have listened to many people as they worship Mary as the mother of Jesus, but I want to tell you that the Word of God says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by Me." (John 14:6) The only entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven is Jesus of Nazareth.

We also noticed there was no Sun or Moon. The Word of God tells us in Revelation 22:5 "And night shall be no more; they will need neither lamplight nor sunlight, for the Lord God will be their light, and they shall reign for ever and ever."
We could see the glory of God. We find it difficult to explain the horrors we saw in hell, but it is even more difficult to try to explain the celestial things we saw and the perfection of our Maker. When we were there, the wanted to run and see everything. We could lay down on the grass, and we could feel the glory of God. That soft whistle; that soft wind that caressed our faces, it was something wonderful.
In the middle of the sky, we could see a huge cross made of pure gold. We believe that this was not a symbol of idolatry but more like a symbol showing that through the death of Jesus on the cross, we have entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven.

We continued walking in Heaven. It was fascinating to walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. There we could know for sure, who is the God that we are serving, Jesus of Nazareth. Many of us on Earth think there is a God up there, just waiting for us to commit a sin, so He can punish us and send us to hell. But that is not reality. We could see the other face of Jesus, a Jesus that is a friend; a Jesus that cries when you cry. Jesus is a God of love, compassion and mercy; He takes us in His hands to help us continue in the way of salvation.

The Lord Jesus also allowed us to meet a person from the Bible. We met King David, the King David mentioned in the scriptures. He was a good looking man, tall and his face reflected the Glory of God. The whole time we were in the Kingdom of Heaven, the only thing that King David did was dance, dance, dance and give all the glory and the honor to God.

To those who are reading this testimony, I want to tell you that in the Word of God is says in Revelations 21:27 "But nothing unclean nor anyone practicing immorality and falsehood shall ever enter it, but only those whose names have been recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life." And I also want to tell you that only the brave ones take hold of the Kingdom of Heaven.

God Bless you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2008
This is a true story of a man that died and saw heaven..

BORIS: - It felt as if I was conscious. I began seeing with my own eyes. I began seeing everything as if from above. My spirit came out of me and looked at my body. Doctors in their white gowns had gathered around me. Numerous pieces of equipment were connected to my body. The doctors tried to stabilize my condition; they ran about, exhausting all their efforts, but to no avail. Then I began to ascend towards heaven. The earth became smaller and smaller. It became so small, that it disappeared totally. During this entire time, I could hear a continuous whistling in my ears. I ended up in an extraordinary place, which was so illuminative that I began to feel good. I saw a golden staircase that shone with glorious splendor. The staircase was rather wide. On either side of the staircase were golden railings, along which from the bottom to the top were winged angels in white clothes, with golden belts. Their hair was white, their faces shone like lightning and their eyes were like two lanterns. Their hands and legs were the color of shiny copper chips. Around the staircase and under it, stood a great number of angels, these were without wings. All the angels were singing psalms in a language I did not recognize at first. After a moment I completely understood the words of the psalm. They sang: "O worthy are you Lord of all glory and praise. You, Lord, created the heavens and the earth. You are worthy of our praise!"

Then I saw an extraordinary light at the end of the staircase. The light wasn't like that of the sun or of a welding instrument, which has a harmful effect on the eyes. It was extremely bright, warm, calming, full of joy and peace. I was full of delight, to such an extent that mere words cannot describe how I felt. My delight continued to increase and there was no limit to the joy I felt. I don't know how to describe this vision, this feeling, in words, but I would like you to imagine the picture the Lord showed me. Later, I heard a voice, coming from the direction of the light, which said: "My son, come to me and I will show you something. I will help you".

From the great number of angels, two angels walked up behind me. One stood on my right and the other on my left, just a short distance from me. I didn't turn my head, I didn't look behind me and I didn't gaze around, but it appeared as if I could see 360 degrees about me. I wasn't nervous and didn't feel any form of discomfort. I was absolutely calm and so peaceful that words cannot express how I felt, not then and not now. I didn't ask anyone any question, such as where I was? What's happened to me? What will happen later on? I felt completely confident in myself, as if I was standing in a familiar place. I felt as if I lived there permanently.

Then the Holy Spirit, transferred me to a vast open plain, in which very beautiful white horses pranced. In the center of the field stood a great city, in the form of a cube. When I noticed it, I began to draw close to it. I approached it in a different way, not as a man normally walks on the ground. I moved without my feet touching the ground. It was as if I was gliding. The angels escorted me. The closer I got the city, the more intense was the delight I experienced, from what I saw.
There were several very high walls of various colors. There were 12 colors in all, which radiated and shone like a bright light. (Later on, after my resurrection, when I studied the 21-22 chapter of the book of Revelations in the Bible, I found a confirmation of what I had seen). I saw the foundation of the city, which was made up of the 12 precious stones of this world. I saw a pearl gate, three large pearls on each wall. I didn't measure them, but one pearl was larger than two meters, in my opinion. I saw only six gates, because I was led into the city through one of its corners. I saw the two sides of the cube. Then l was taken through one of the gates into the city. As we passed through them, I saw two inscriptions. One was above the gate and the other was under the gate. The name of one of the tribes of Israel was written above the gate, and under it the name of an Apostle was written. Unfortunately I do not remember which gate led me into the New Jerusalem, but now I would like to know that.

When I entered into the city through the gates, I stood in admiration. The city was made completely of gold. The gold was so pure - I had never seen such brilliance before. I had seen how brightly gold articles in a jeweler's store shone, but this was not comparable, to what I saw at that moment. Gold streets, houses of gold, gold doors - everything was made of gold, transparent like glass. I could never have imagined that gold could appear transparent and so pure. I read about this in God's word, but I could not really imagine it. I just couldn't imagine how a hard metal could appear transparent. Now that I had seen this fine gold, I just wanted to touch it. I touched the walls and entered some houses observing everything. I did not ask the angels, where I was to go from here. I seemed to know the way. I was overcome with such a feeling as if I was in a place of my own.

As I continued further into the city, I was now near the center. I saw a large tree in one spot that had pear-shaped fruit on it. The size of the fruit was about the size of two average sized fists put together. The leaves on it reminded me of the leaves of a lime tree, only they were larger and like leaves of a burdock tree. When I got near the tree, I wanted to take a fruit from it and began to reach for one. Suddenly with enthusiasm I stretched out my hand, which to my surprise was not like an ordinary hand but was transparent. When I was about to pluck a fruit, the angel who stood a little distance behind me, on my right side, stretched out his hand and stopped me. Motioning with his finger, he informed me that for now, I shouldn't pluck the fruit. Without any form of regret or disappointment from the angel's action, I left the tree. Generally speaking, within the city, I never experienced any kind of discomfort, or disorder.

When I left the tree, I saw an extraordinary bright light at the center of the city. It was very interesting that I did not see a single shadow, not from the trees and not from the houses. There were no shadows, nor were there any lamps. I did not see the sun nor any object that gave light, but the light was extraordinary bright and so pleasant to the eyes. It was delightful beyond measure.

When I saw the source of the illumination, I bowed my head and felt an overwhelming urge to fall to my knees. But before I could bow, I heard a voice saying, " My son, I have shown you all that is necessary for you at this time, and you should return now, to declare My glory, power and dominion, to declare all that you have seen and heard". Then I began to pray and plead to the Lord, asking Him to let me remain there, where I was. I cried, "Lord I don't want to return". But the Lord said, "You have a wife, and three children. You have to return to them, for it is not time for you to be here yet". Then again I began to beseech the Lord saying, "Lord, I don't want to return. Allow me to remain with You". But the Lord said to me, "My Son, be meek and self-controlled, do not murmur, go back. You have to declare My glory."

5. Panic among the hospital staff.

BORIS: In the blink of an eye, I moved through space over such a distance that I saw the earth quickly approaching. As I advanced I saw the next scene: the hospital staff was taking a body, on a stretcher, to the morgue where corpses were kept. Looking from above, the body was covered with a cloth and only the feet could be seen. When I saw my weeping wife accompanying the stretcher, I understood I was the one being taken to the morgue. One of the hospital staff was comforting my wife, trying to tell her not to grieve over the incident and tried to prevent her from entering the room where they were taking the body on the stretcher. The doors ahead of my wife closed and the stretcher with my body on it was already in the room. The orderlies and nurses who had brought me to the morgue began to move away.

When I saw all this, I felt a jolt and immediately I entered into my body. At that instance, I felt the blowing of wind, an enormous force, which flung open the doors through which my body was brought. This force tore the doors off their hinges and they fell to the floor. It pushed the trolley with the body out of the morgue. After this, I rose up. The cloth on the upper part of my body fell off as I sat up on the trolley. The orderly slipping along the sides of the wall, fell and the nurse did as well. Both of them lay on the floor in a state of terror. Another nurse came and when she saw me sitting up, went into state of shock. The same supernatural power made the trolley on which I was sitting, stand upright, and I stood vertically on the ground. Then the trolley fell to its normal position and rolled back in to the morgue.

I wanted to move but could not. My body did not respond. I experienced such a feeling, as if I was not in my own body. Then I began to pray, because my senses were returning to normal. I saw everything, I recognized everything, I heard everything, but I did not recognize the voice I heard, it was melodious. The feeling was as if an audiotape was playing at a slower speed than normal. At that instant, I began to call upon the Lord, for the Lord gave me strength to walk. When I finished praying, I felt a great outpouring of energy. I felt as if the hairs on my head were falling off and a thousand needles pricked my forehead. I received such an outpouring of energy that I felt as if my feet were in asphalt. I felt warmth and a great power, from my head to my feet. I began to walk as the Holy Spirit led me, in the direction of the doctor's room, where all the doctors were seated. I had perfect orientation of the hospital's layout, seeing as I had been there on several occasions as a police officer.

My wife fell down on her knees, thanking the Lord, because he had resurrected me. When she came to herself, she took a cloth and ran after me to cover my complete unclothedness. As I continued walking, the hospital staff all ran in various directions screaming out. Some of them fell down, while others shut themselves in the wards. My wife caught up with me just as I was approaching the doctor's lounge and wrapped the cloth around me. I reached the doctors lounge and with a gentle push, opened the door of the room. Later on, I learned that the room was locked with a key, and cupboards had been placed in front of the door to prevent entry into the room. The power of the Lord opened that door with such ease.
When I entered the room, some of the hospital staff were in a state of terror, while in the corner, other staff were frantically shouting out, "Who are you? What do you want from us? Let us alone!"

I calmed them down and said, "Don't be afraid. Give me some clothes." Looking in their faces, I saw they were stone cold with fear and indescribable horror. I understood there was no sense in explaining my resurrection to these poor frightened doctors. Whatever I would have told them, all the same they wouldn't have listened to me. The only thing they could hear was the pounding of their hearts. I repeated, "Give me my clothes and I'll go home". The doctors allowed me to leave quickly, because they were in such a state of terror due to my 6
presence. When I came out of the doctor's lounge, I stood a while in the corridor and surprisingly, my first four steps left something like a print of water behind, although I was completely dry and the cloth about me was also dry! I got dressed. My wife called a car and we went home.

INTERVIEWER: - Boris, I can imagine the panic and shock of the doctors, when they saw you. What they saw definitely did not conform with the training they underwent in medical school or to what they had previously experienced in their medical practice. It's clear that it wasn't death that scared them, because they encounter that everyday. Your resurrection is simply incomprehensible to the human mind. It's a fact that blood clots in a closed space like the brain couldn't possibly go anywhere and even more so, considering the degree of the hemorrhage - 95%. There couldn't possibly have been any mistake. After a futile struggle to save your life, your death was confirmed. All the medical equipment connected to your body, confirmed this fact. You were dead in their presence for about 2 hrs and 30 minutes and after that you were taken to the morgue. The irreversible process in the central nervous system had long taken place. It turned out that a dead man, didn't just breathe, but walked in seemingly of his own accord, and even spoke normally. Doctors understand the difficulty and the length of time required in intensive care for a patient to recover who has suffered from a brain hemorrhage. The doctors didn't expect such a miracle.

Furthermore, the resurrection was accompanied with such power of the Holy Ghost that the doors were torn from their hinges and fell to the ground with such a noise. The trolley rolled out of the morgue, over turned and then rolled back into the morgue. All this happened in the presence of the medical staff. The news of your resurrection had already preceded you. The doctors had locked themselves in the doctor's lounge and barricaded the door. The door being opened by the power of the Holy Ghost was something incomprehensible. They were in such a state of fear. The events that took place were just too incredible for the normal human mind to comprehend.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2008
Thanks OLADEGUN . I have not quite gotten through your recent article but i will soon. God bless you
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by alldone(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2008
i enjoy what i am seeing here.
The Lord Bless you people.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
Hi guys,
How are you doing?Just wanted to check up on you. Guys don't let your jobs, school or anything stop us from communicating constantly with one another.Your words can worth more than you can ever imagine. Love you all. God bless. Hey, I like to give you a birthday poem i wrote. If your birthday is within November ,then you are lucky. Stay blessed

Today began,
Just like yesterday,
Just like the one before,
Just like every other day.
Yes, it was calm,
quiet and completely normal.
But it was not for long.
Even as i laid almost lifeless on my bed.
I could not but help a strong odd feeling,
I staggered to my feet
and raced up to my window.
The rainbow was extraordinary.
The sunshine was unimaginable.
The winds, they were just splendid.
I have never seen any morning
so alluring and enchanting.
Hence,fear gripped me,
What on earth could this be?
Is it a sign?
An omen of some kind?
Perhaps, a symbol.
So calmly and so suddenly,
i heard a whisper,
Only then did i smile.
That explained it all.
You are special.
You are unique.
You are the reason,
It is your season.
Happy Birthday.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
Everybody wants to be a millionaire, but only a few people ever get there. Aurelio Baretto is one. As the owner of Dogloo, a manufacturer of igloo-style doghouses, Aurelio met his million-dollar goal and some! He vacationed in Hawaii for months on end, ate at the best restaurants and always wore designer clothes.

“Everything I had dreamed about, I got,” he says. “I remember as a little kid, like any boy, you want a Porsche Turbo. I remember getting in the car, paying cash for the car, and being able to drive away. I hadn’t even gotten home, and I thought, ‘Is this it? Where’s the bang? Where’s the buzz?’”

Aurelio discovered that having money wasn’t all it was cracked up to be but making it controlled him.

“I was only as good as my company. If the company was up, I was up. If the company was down, I was down,” Aurelio says.

So Aurelio began questioning his insatiable hunger for money.

“I was in a group of probably 50 other well-to-do business owners. Some were worth a million; some were worth a hundred. None of them were happy,” he remembers.

What Aurelio was really looking for was identity.

“I wanted to fit in more than anything else. I was never the person that fit. I was always on the outside.”

So why was that so important to Aurelio? He confesses he’s not sure. “Insecurities, I guess,” he says. “Deep down, the goals were driven by a fear of losing it all. I grew up in a wealthy family in Cuba, and at age seven, Castro took everything we had. So when we came to this country, we came with $20. My dad had to start all over again. In the back of my mind, I thought, ‘I’m not going back there. I’m not going to lose everything.’”

So Aurelio kept playing the money game. He finally sold his business and came away with millions of dollars. Financially, he was set for the rest of his life. Emotionally, he was completely bankrupt.

On Aurelio’s 37th birthday, he couldn’t get out of bed. He kept asking himself, “Who in the heck am I? What value do I provide anyone besides making money? Is that all I’m good for?”

He was so depressed that Aurelio seriously considered suicide.

“I was just at the end. The money wasn’t buying me happiness. I wasn’t involved with the company anymore, so I didn’t have anything that would occupy my mind. The goals were gone. It just hit me: if this is all the world has to offer, I’m out of here.”

But Aurelio didn’t know what would happen to him if he died, so he didn’t take his life. Just a few months later, he was donating computers to his children’s school, when the principal there asked him a few pointed questions.

“He looks at me and says, ‘Is there something missing in your life? I want you to come to my office, and I’m going to introduce you to this man.’

“I was thinking, ‘I hope this guy’s not going to talk to me about God.’ I talk to God all the time. Sure enough, I walk in his office. He shuts the door. I look to the left, and he’s got a Bible there. I’m thinking, ‘Oh man, what an idiot. I have walked into this ambush.’ I sit down, and he says, ‘Do you know Jesus?’ I was like, ‘Okay, yeah, sure, I know Jesus. He’s the Son of God.’ He says, ‘Okay, that’s good. What else?’ I even guessed at this. I had no clue when He was born or when He died, but I thought, ‘Well, he had to be born at Christmas. Did he die at Easter?’ Real good, but he kept getting closer and closer to the reality that I had not clue who Jesus was.

“He shared the gospel, and I just broke down crying in his office. It was the first time in my life where I felt love, that somebody would die on a cross for my past sin, my present sin, and my future sin."

Aurelio asked the Lord to forgive him, and He did. “I accepted Him as my Lord and my Savior that day, and He washed me clean. So He was able to do something that I wasn’t able to do.”

It’s been eight years since that monumental moment. Aurelio is more in love with God and His Word than ever. Today, he has purpose. He runs a Christian retail chain called C28, where he boldly shares the hope of Jesus that was once missing from his life.

“What I was longing for was to be part of something. Well, hey, I became something. I became part of something that is not going to fade away. It’s going to follow me. Eternity is waiting for me. Jesus is waiting for me. All the things I had built up, I knew wouldn’t last, but the relationship that I have right now is between me and Him. It’s going to last me for eternity.”

So, what is Aurelio’s message today?

He says, “No matter where you’ve been, no matter what you’ve done, God is love. He shows his love and His power through His mercy. He is waiting for you because He knows you by name. This is the man; this is the God that created you. Go to Him. If the Holy Spirit is talking to you right now, don’t wait. Make the change. That paradise, it’s there for you. It’s there for anybody and all you have to do is ask."
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
Much love to all the saints in here smiley I hope you're all doing well and staying firm in the faith.

Phemmy, I pray your sister gets well and recovers fully. It is well!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 7:16am On Nov 05, 2008
Have you ever wondered and thought that your case was different? Have you totally lost hope on life? Perhaps you have now thrown away the thoughts of God and his great exploits? All human walls may have closed against you. Every logical explanation might say it over for you. But don't give up, Don't please ,because one day you would leave an indelible mark in your world. one day, you will defile all human theory and wisdom. God did it for Abraham Lincoln, he did it for Nelson Mandela, and every recently He did it again for Barak Obama. Even to the last minute, There's always hope
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2008
Everybody wants to be a millionaire, but only a few people ever get there. Aurelio Baretto is one. As the owner of Dogloo, a manufacturer of igloo-style doghouses, Aurelio met his million-dollar goal and some! He vacationed in Hawaii for months on end, ate at the best restaurants and always wore designer clothes.

“Everything I had dreamed about, I got,” he says. “I remember as a little kid, like any boy, you want a Porsche Turbo. I remember getting in the car, paying cash for the car, and being able to drive away. I hadn’t even gotten home, and I thought, ‘Is this it? Where’s the bang? Where’s the buzz?’”

Aurelio discovered that having money wasn’t all it was cracked up to be but making it controlled him.

“I was only as good as my company. If the company was up, I was up. If the company was down, I was down,” Aurelio says.

So Aurelio began questioning his insatiable hunger for money.

“I was in a group of probably 50 other well-to-do business owners. Some were worth a million; some were worth a hundred. None of them were happy,” he remembers.

What Aurelio was really looking for was identity.

“I wanted to fit in more than anything else. I was never the person that fit. I was always on the outside.”

So why was that so important to Aurelio? He confesses he’s not sure. “Insecurities, I guess,” he says. “Deep down, the goals were driven by a fear of losing it all. I grew up in a wealthy family in Cuba, and at age seven, Castro took everything we had. So when we came to this country, we came with $20. My dad had to start all over again. In the back of my mind, I thought, ‘I’m not going back there. I’m not going to lose everything.’”

So Aurelio kept playing the money game. He finally sold his business and came away with millions of dollars. Financially, he was set for the rest of his life. Emotionally, he was completely bankrupt.

On Aurelio’s 37th birthday, he couldn’t get out of bed. He kept asking himself, “Who in the heck am I? What value do I provide anyone besides making money? Is that all I’m good for?”

He was so depressed that Aurelio seriously considered suicide.

“I was just at the end. The money wasn’t buying me happiness. I wasn’t involved with the company anymore, so I didn’t have anything that would occupy my mind. The goals were gone. It just hit me: if this is all the world has to offer, I’m out of here.”

But Aurelio didn’t know what would happen to him if he died, so he didn’t take his life. Just a few months later, he was donating computers to his children’s school, when the principal there asked him a few pointed questions.

“He looks at me and says, ‘Is there something missing in your life? I want you to come to my office, and I’m going to introduce you to this man.’

“I was thinking, ‘I hope this guy’s not going to talk to me about God.’ I talk to God all the time. Sure enough, I walk in his office. He shuts the door. I look to the left, and he’s got a Bible there. I’m thinking, ‘Oh man, what an idiot. I have walked into this ambush.’ I sit down, and he says, ‘Do you know Jesus?’ I was like, ‘Okay, yeah, sure, I know Jesus. He’s the Son of God.’ He says, ‘Okay, that’s good. What else?’ I even guessed at this. I had no clue when He was born or when He died, but I thought, ‘Well, he had to be born at Christmas. Did he die at Easter?’ Real good, but he kept getting closer and closer to the reality that I had not clue who Jesus was.

“He shared the gospel, and I just broke down crying in his office. It was the first time in my life where I felt love, that somebody would die on a cross for my past sin, my present sin, and my future sin."

Aurelio asked the Lord to forgive him, and He did. “I accepted Him as my Lord and my Savior that day, and He washed me clean. So He was able to do something that I wasn’t able to do.”

It’s been eight years since that monumental moment. Aurelio is more in love with God and His Word than ever. Today, he has purpose. He runs a Christian retail chain called C28, where he boldly shares the hope of Jesus that was once missing from his life.

“What I was longing for was to be part of something. Well, hey, I became something. I became part of something that is not going to fade away. It’s going to follow me. Eternity is waiting for me. Jesus is waiting for me. All the things I had built up, I knew wouldn’t last, but the relationship that I have right now is between me and Him. It’s going to last me for eternity.”

So, what is Aurelio’s message today?

He says, “No matter where you’ve been, no matter what you’ve done, God is love. He shows his love and His power through His mercy. He is waiting for you because He knows you by name. This is the man; this is the God that created you. Go to Him. If the Holy Spirit is talking to you right now, don’t wait. Make the change. That paradise, it’s there for you. It’s there for anybody and all you have to do is ask.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2008
Jesoul, Thanks.God bless you
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2008
God bless you all, Love you
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by chessguru(m): 8:00am On Nov 05, 2008
, @POST
JUST SEEING THIS THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME, HMNN , I LOVE THIS, CONTRIBUTIONS COMING SOON FROM MOI. NICE THREAD TO BE!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by ccike: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2008
HOW SELF LESS ARE YOU

 When your good is evil spoken of, when your wishes are crossed, your advice disregarded, and your opinions ridiculed, and you refuse to let anger rise in your heart or even defend yourself, but take it all in patient and loving silence – then you are dying to self.
 When you are content with any food, any offering, any raiment, any climate, any society, any bit of solitude, any interruption of the will of God – then you are dying to self.
 When you no longer care to refer to yourself in conversation or to record your own good works, when you no longer itch after commendation, when you no longer place your satisfaction in being known – then you are dying to self.
 When you can see your brother prosper and have his needs met, and can honestly rejoice with him in spirit, feeling no envy and no desire to question God, while your own needs are far greater and in desperate circumstance – then you are dying to self.
 When you can receive correction and reproof from one of less stature than you and can humbly submit inwardly as well as outwardly, finding no rebellion or resentment rising up within your heart – then you are dying to self.
 When you are forgotten, neglected, or purposely set aside as nothing, and you personally don’t hurt from the sting of the insult or the oversight, but your heart is happy, being counted worthy to suffer with Christ – then you are dying to self.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
Wassup my saints? smiley hope you are all growing strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

I'm currently getting a crash course in what it means to trust God. I've realized that we can say all day long and quote scriptures morn till dawn but when the situation arises it is an entirely different ball-game. When you don't know what you're going to do or from where your help is going to come - God asks that we trust in Him. The waiting part is the hardest, but it is also the part where you learn the most lessons and the strength or weakness of your faith is exposed.

Proverbs 24:10
If you falter in times of trouble,
      how small is your strength!

It is my prayer that all those going thru trying times will trust in God, that their strength may be renewed, that they will mount on wings as eagles, walk and not grow weary, run and not faint. For God is our strength, and it is in our weakness His strength is made perfect. Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2008
Phemmy how is your sister? smiley

Chessguru, welcome! I've read a lil bit of your posts over in the sports section. Matter o'fact you actually mentioned the name of a distant relative of mine as one of your chess-ing colleagues cool

ccike:

When you can see your brother prosper and have his needs met, and can honestly rejoice with him in spirit, feeling no envy and no desire to question God, while your own needs are far greater and in desperate circumstance – then you are dying to self.
When you can receive correction and reproof from one of less stature than you and can humbly submit inwardly as well as outwardly, finding no rebellion or resentment rising up within your heart – then you are dying to self.
When you are forgotten, neglected, or purposely set aside as nothing, and you personally don’t hurt from the sting of the insult or the oversight, but your heart is happy, being counted worthy to suffer with Christ – then you are dying to self.
These are very good words that we need to constantly reflect on. Thanks for sharing this.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 6:59am On Nov 06, 2008
@jesoul, She's smiley okay. Though we would still have the operation today or tomorrow. Thanks for your concern. Take care
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by daruche(m): 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2008
Posted by: JeSoul
Insert Quote
Wassup my saints? hope you are all growing strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

I'm currently getting a crash course in what it means to trust God. I've realized that we can say all day long and quote scriptures morn till dawn but when the situation arises it is an entirely different ball-game. When you don't know what you're going to do or from where your help is going to come - God asks that we trust in Him. The waiting part is the hardest, but it is also the part where you learn the most lessons and the strength or weakness of your faith is exposed.

Je Soul GOd Bless u!!!
My brethren, this is where your FAITH comes into play a major role in the situation of your life. I believe so many of us had heard the story behind the song TRUST AND OBEY, the man who compose the song found himself in similar position and didnt know where to go again after loosing his entire family to ship wreck,
All he could say his just to TRUST AND OBEY,

Phemmy400, God is on the Throne!!this is my message for you at this time,

God Blessings to my fellow soldier of Christ,
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2008
Hi All,

thanks for the words, blessings and everything

i suddenly feel so much like FifiO said before,

coming to this section seems like a huge burden.

its always refreshing to see something new here

you are all blessed.

@phemmy, it is well, in Jesus Name.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2008
Daruche,
    right back at yo bro! May God's banner over you and your continue to be love.

Gamine,
what the dealio gurl? grin

@Everyone,
I write poetry and frequently share it on my blog elsewhere but I thot I'd share here occasionally. Here's a piece I wrote few months ago when I was really struggling with my flesh. I hope it blesses someone

Flesh vs. Spirit
Sometimes the flesh wants what it wants

wants to do what it does

wants to be true to itself

revert back to its basic instincts

and tell righteousness

"I am no more your servant

tired of listening to your sermons

I know the consequence of sin

but screw it

I just don't feel like doing the right thing"

so I'm caught in the middle

somewhere btw desire and discipline

somewhere between flesh and Spirit

struggling with whom I should pledge allegiance

and so I hate myself

I hate the rebellion

I hate the civil war between my members

the monster wanting to throw scriptures to the wind

I hate you becos you hate God

becos I love God I will hate you even more

trying to re-confine me in your rusty chains

trying to return me to bondage

back in Egypt

back in sin

your proposal looks good

but I already read the fine print

already saw that movie script

and it never ends well for the soul

who falls for your trickery

sometimes the flesh wants what it wants

wants to do what it does

since I'm powerless to stop it

I'm taking the problem to God
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by phemmy400(m): 7:45am On Nov 07, 2008
Guys i want someone somewhere to worship and praise the almighty God with me, My sister underwent the operation and it was a huge success.Plus we didn't have to struggle for the finances it came as a miracle. God is indeed on his throne.
@jesoul, that's a very wonderfull poem, i have not read such a classic christain poetry for quite some time.It's really more than words can fathom. More than the thrill,i am also blessed. Isn't it just wonderfull to be a poet for christ, guys we gonna go places!!!!
@Daruche, Thanks very much, Your word though brief but very very powerfull. i really appreciate it.
@Gamine, thank you too, God bless you
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 8:07am On Nov 07, 2008
Dear Saints, I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. Good to see you all enjoying the liberty that is in Christ Jesus. My heart rejoices to hear of God's goodness in your lives. God bless y'all richly.

Phemmy400, I bless God for that which He has done for your sister Bukky. I pray she recovers quick, with renewed strength from the Tower of Strength Himself. He will complete what He has started. She remains in our prayers.

JeSoul, what a blessing you are. Reading your poem is like reading Romans Chapter 7 Remix cool kiss!! God bless you richly. More grace to you and more of those poems too.

[b]OLAADEGBU[/B], you have been a blessing. Please keep them coming. The Lord keep you warm in His embrace and load you daily with His benefits.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by coolstuff4real(m): 8:58am On Nov 07, 2008
PROPHETIC TECHNOLOGY

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
(DANIEL 12 : 4)

In the past sixty years more inventions, discoveries, and medical breakthroughs have occurred than in the entire history of the world. Every three years our knowledge doubles! The astounding magnitude of new knowledge is just one of the many signs that identifies our generation as the end time generation.

At the beginning of the twentieth century, no none imagined man would ever fly. In 1950, space travel only occurred in science fiction movies. In 1960, tape recorders were still bulky machines with seven-inch reels, and no one had ever heard the phrase "compact disc." In 1970, computers took up entire rooms. The information super-highway was only an idea in 1980. But today the world is linked via satellite, computer modem, and cellular telephone.

The gospel is being proclaimed through technology our ancestors never envisioned. The whole planet is rapidly being reached with the gospel. Jesus promised, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14). We are living in the final hour!

JESUS, USE ME AS AN INSTRUMENT IN PROCLAIMING THE GOSPEL TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. USE MY GIVING, MY SERVICE, AND MY LIFE TO WITNESS TO EVERYONE I MEET ABOUT YOUR WONDERFUL SALVATION. AMEN.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2008
Jesoul,

You are such a blessing, grin

im alright o, just purging myself of a lot of Christian doctrines

I have a similar poem/write-up

its on my blog too.

@Phemmy, you are always welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (115)

Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.