Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,301 members, 7,881,106 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:34 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116593 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Image123(m): 12:13am On Dec 08, 2008
@reindeer
your salvation testimony is a delight.May the grace of our lord Jesus Christ envelop your spirit and preserve you till the end.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by gbabi69: 12:22am On Dec 08, 2008
wow! to God be the glory for his mercies. pls u can also watch uplifting services at www.loveworldchristiannetwork.org
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by iz2much: 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2008
Count me in.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by ruff: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2008
cheesy cheesy :DI LUV DIZ TREAD cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2008
@reindeer,

I thank the Lord for your life, may He continue to keep you in the hollow of His palm (hand). Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2008
As I Have Loved
December 8, 2008

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." (John 13:34)

No Christian could ever question the preeminent importance of love. "God is love" (1 John 4:8, 16), and the greatest of the Christian virtues is love (1 Corinthians 13:13). The first and second commandments of the law are love for God and love for one's neighbor (Matthew 22:37-40). Christ's new commandment, however, gives us a definition of love! To love as He loved, we must observe how Christ loved.

In the first place, His love was not ephemeral. "When Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end" (John 13:1).

The Lord Jesus Himself defined love this way: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). However, Christ died not only for His friends, but for all sinners, including His bitter enemies. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8.

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. . . . Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another" (1 John 4:9-11).

The measure of love is the undeserved, yet gladly offered, substitutionary death of Christ for our sins.  Whenever we think the love commandment is demanding too much of us, we should compare our love to His. "For the love of Christ constraineth us |not our love for Him, but His love for us| . . . that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again" (2 Corinthians 5:14-15). [i]"We love him, because he first loved us" (1 John 4:19), and we must live for Him. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by FifiO(f): 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2008
@reindeer,

I thank the Lord for your life, may He continue to keep you in the hollow of His palm (hand). Amen.
Amen!

Hi everyone, good to see you guys are still standing, all of ya.

Well, I have a question, Did I die?

I went to sleep some nights ago. I found myself at a kind of waiting room. there was a lentern and a man behind it. he had a big book open in front of him. there were two doors to both sides of him. as i stood before him he said to me "what have yu done?"
as I began to speak, he began to write in the book. i started to fade as i continued to speak. at some point he said something in a language i do not understand but i got the interpretation, i guess, and it was that i should go back because of my mom. then i just left the room in a backward movement. now, did i die?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by JeSoul(f): 3:46am On Dec 09, 2008
FifiO:

I went to sleep some nights ago. I found myself at a kind of waiting room. there was a lentern and a man behind it. he had a big book open in front of him. there were two doors to both sides of him. as i stood before him he said to me "what have yu done?"
as I began to speak, he began to write in the book. i started to fade as i continued to speak. at some point he said something in a language i do not understand but i got the interpretation, i guess, and it was that i should go back because of my mom. then i just left the room in a backward movement. now, did i die?
Perhaps you were just caught up in the Spirit and taken to/shown a vision like Daniel, Peter, John?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 4:05am On Dec 09, 2008
nope, u didn't die, its a revelation through a dream

FifiO:

@reindeer,
Amen!

Hi everyone, good to see you guys are still standing, all of ya.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by mercydrops: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2008
i was at THE EXPERIENCE night of praises at TBS and i thank God for the showers o blessing at the event
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Echidime(m): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2008
I want to be the financial Secretary of this fellowship grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kaycee45: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2008
@mercydrops
Can you share with me your experience and as well transfer some anointing to me? please!
i reside in Abuja so i was not able to attend.
i m waiting, thanks
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kaycee45: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2008
@Echidime
did you study account in school? because mismanagement of fund in this fellowship is a visa to hell.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kaycee45: 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
@reindeer
its a revelation through dream. the bible says that the secret things belong to God, but those revealed to us belongs to us(can't remember the bible verse);
God is trying to pass a message to you. If its for your mom, then there is something he wants you to prevent or protect your mom from.

so my advise "Be vigilant"
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Echidime(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
@kaycee45: Yes ooooo am a very good accountant,or haven't you heard of Echidime financial Institute,a subsidiary or Barack Obama campaign Fund Raiser grin grin grin

Make me the secretary and you will be blessed indeed
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2008
Cities Set on a Hill
December 9, 2008

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." (Matthew 5:14)

Cities in ancient times were often built on a hill, and this was especially important for those six cities in Israel which had been designated as cities of refuge. They were located, geographically, so that no one in Israel was more than a day’s journey from one of them--accessible to all who might need to flee to one for refuge some day. These were designated as havens, "that the slayer that killeth any person unawares and unwittingly may flee thither: and they shall be your refuge from the avenger of blood" (Joshua 20:3).

"And they appointed Kedesh in Galilee in mount Naphtali, and Shechem in mount Ephraim, and Kirjatharba, which is Hebron, in the mountain of Judah. And on the other side Jordan by Jericho eastward, they assigned Bezer in the wilderness upon the plain out of the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead out of the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan out of the tribe of Manasseh" (Joshua 20:7-cool. The first three cities are specifically said to be on mountains. On the east of Jordan, Ramoth was on Mount Gilead, Golan on the Golan Heights east of the Sea of Galilee, and Bezer apparently on the high tablelands east of the Dead Sea. Thus, all could be seen from a great distance, even at night, by its watch fires. Their strategic locations were a comfort to the accidental killer as he fled for his life from an avenger of blood.

The cities of refuge were a type of Christ, to whom we "have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us" (Hebrews 6:18). He is, to us, a strong city set on a hill, ready to receive all who come to Him in faith. He called Himself "the light of the world" (John 8:12), but then He also said that those who now have His light must also serve as lights--as cities on a hill that those who see them may "glorify |their| Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by duabba: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2008
Hello Nairalanders,

I would like you all to join me in thanking THE MOST HIGH for His faithfulness, graces and mercies in the year 2008. May He see us through in 2009. All the talk of doom and economic crises of the world cannot stop us from worshiping our Lord and Saviour. IT IS WELL!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by yam: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2008
I am happy to a  member of this forum
i want to invite us to this great gathering as you come the Lord will bless you in Jesus name

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by yam: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2008
I CORDIALLY INVITE EVERY MEMBER OF THIS FORUM AND THEIR WELL WISHERS TO THIS WONDERFUL RETREAT AS YOU COME THE THE LORD WILL BLESS YOU IN JESUS NAME,

WHATEVER MAYBE THE PROBLEMS IN YOUR LIFE, THE LORD HAS PROMISED YOU DELIVERANCE, THERE SHALL BE FREE ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION

THE LORD WILL BLESS YOU AS YOU COME IN JESUS NAME.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, GO TYO THE NEAREST DEEPER LIFE CLOSEST TO YOU.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by FifiO(f): 11:16am On Dec 10, 2008
@JeSoul,
Daniel, Peter, John?! Haba! cool grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by FifiO(f): 11:25am On Dec 10, 2008
Hi guys,
Another question. I was in church on sunday and the pastor was relating a story where a certain lady dropped some money in the offering tray and wanted to collect change! Shocking ain't it? I was at first too, but the more I think about it I am begining to wonder if "giving willingly" "according to one's heart" doesn't cover that situation.
Just a perspective but, does any one have an opinion on this?

Blessings!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kumbalo(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2008
IT WOULD BE A DOUBLE TRAGEDY IF UPON GOING THRU’ ALL THESE ON EARTH, U STILL MISS HEAVEN. U CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS HEAVEN, CAN U?
Accept Christ today……….
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2008
Greetings to all beloved here.  Thank God for y'all.

OLAADEGBU:

The cities of refuge were a type of Christ, to whom we "have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us" (Hebrews 6:18). He is, to us, a strong city set on a hill, ready to receive all who come to Him in faith. He called Himself "the light of the world" (John 8:12), but then He also said that those who now have His light must also serve as lights--as cities on a hill that those who see them may "glorify |their| Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16). HMM

You are so right brother!  That is why the scriptures also say:

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe.

He is surely our refuge!

God bless you and all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kumbalo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2008
mercydrops:

i was at THE EXPERIENCE night of praises at TBS and i thank God for the showers o blessing at the event
indeed a shower of blessing,cos i know that i have been blessed smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2008
FifiO, you and these your posers!  cool kiss

About your dream, you didn't die as people have said.  I believe the Lord is passing a message to you.  Ask the Holy Spirit to interpret it for you if you are not clear.  Pray meditatively and interceed for your mum.  God still speaks through dreams, visions and trances.

FifiO:

Hi guys,
Another question. I was in church on sunday and the pastor was relating a story where a certain lady dropped some money in the offering tray and wanted to collect change! Shocking ain't it? I was at first too, but the more I think about it I am begining to wonder if "giving willingly" "according to one's heart" doesn't cover that situation.
Just a perspective but, does any one have an opinion on this?

Blessings!

Nothing wrong if she wanted change.  Probably, she had high denomination with her and didn't purpose in her heart to give it all.  But wisdom should  have told her to change it first (from others/ushers) before dropping it as offering!  It will be difficult to convince anyone how much exactly she dropped into the tray full of notes, not to talk of even demanding some change!  Funny tale all the same  smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2008
Quote from: FifiO on December 08, 2008, 08:24 PM
as I began to speak, he began to write in the book. i started to fade as i continued to speak. at some point he said something in a language i do not understand but i got the interpretation, i guess, and it was that i should go back because of my mom. then i just left the room in a backward  movement. now, did i die?

Your experience in the quote above is similar to the experiences of Paul and John in 2 Cor.12:2-4; Rev.4:1-2 respectively, which are evidences that we are spirit beings who have immortal souls and live in mortal bodies and that by the Spirit of God who created us in His own image can give us at His own will the privilege to have an out of body experience and visit the third heaven just as Paul and John did.

[list]Of Paul:
"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink such an one caught up to the third heaven.  And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter."
2 Corinthians 12:2-4

[list]Of John
"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."
[/list]
Revelation 4:1-2

There are many people even here on nairaland who are in the service of Satan and his demons, they also have out of body experiences where they get involved in diabolic acts (witchcraft, sorcerers, astral travel etc) which God sees as abomination and forbidden.  And there are many genuine children of God of which I believe you are one, who do have out of body experiences at God's own will for His own purpose.

I have also watched and heard of testimonies of children of God who had been shown heaven and were ready to stay there only to be told by the Lord that their loved ones are praying for them to return back to earth and the Lord sometimes grants their prayers.  There was this believer who was shown the heavenly city and wanted to stay permanently only for him to be told by the Lord that his mother was praying for him and would need him to return back to his body on earth.  When the trumpet sounds and the dead in Christ are raised them and us who are in the Lord would then put on the immortal body and would forever be with the Lord.

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Corinthians 15:51-57
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2008
I couldn't agree more with you OLAADEGBU. God bless you richly.

God has so many ways of reaching out and speaking to us on certain issues. Dreams, visions, trances, out-of-body experiences etc are certainly some of them. The entire book of Revelation came as a result when John was banished to the island of Patmos.

So many issues in my life were revealed to me through such. I remember when I gave my life to Christ. After a dear friend of mine preached to me, I had a dream by around 2am (which I fondly call vision, because it was so vivid that I wrote it all down!) where I was going on a lonely path, got to a Y junction, with a sign post- one pointing to Heaven and the other pointing to Hell. I took the road down to Hell and was languishing in Hell before an ark of salvation came to fetch me (and some) from the torments of the demons of Hell and took us to back to the junction and to Heaven where the melodic voices of the angels permeated the whole place.

Saints, I still remember the song going on in Heaven when we got there:

Alive, alive my Saviour is alive
Alive for evermore, the sting of death is gone
And now He lives, I have eternal life
My Saviour is alive

Sing Halleluyah, sing Halleluyah,
My Saviour is alive for evermore. . . (2ce)

It was at this point that I woke up, wrote it all down, knelt down and prayed. This was 1st Jan 1991. Three days later I gave my life completely to Him who lives for evermore!

The same God still reveals things to us in such manner!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2008
@Analytical,

I thank the Lord God Almighty for your testimony, and may the Lord continue to use and bless you for His kingdom.  Amen.

I once heard the testimony of Kenneth Hagin who experienced the anguish of hell fire before he was rescued back to life, after which he gave his life to Christ completely just as you did.  As soon as you opened this thread some time ago I knew that it was inspired from His throne room

The songs you heard the angels sing in heaven also proves to me that some of the songs sang in our churches are indeed inspired from heaven above and not like most of the songs that are being sung in some of these modern pentecostal churches that only minister to the fleshly desires and are also soulish in content.

I bless the Lord once again for you and may He continue to bless you with heavenly visions, dreams and songs in Jesus' name.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by pilgrim1(f): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2008
JeSoul:

Wassup saints, hope everyone is doing well  kiss  smiley  and please more stories/words of encouragement/etc . . . some of us are hiding behind the scenes and enjoying from a distance  cool.

Stay blessed!

Sis, you no lie at all! Yours truly is guilty, but na work load wey i get. grin

Bless you all for the enriching testimonies and exhortations. Your lives will continually be blessed. Jesus is Lord.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2008
Occupied Territory
December 10, 2008

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light." (1 Peter 2:9)

In our ongoing struggle for both survival and victory in this world, we do well to recognize that we are in enemy territory. While it is true that our Captain created the world--indeed, "all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:3)--sacrificed His life to redeem it, and will reign over it for eternity, it is also true that "the whole world lieth in wickedness" (1 John 5:19), occupied by "the prince of this world" (John 12:31), "the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Ephesians 2:2).

The fact that we are surrounded by such darkness should come as no surprise, for before we were rescued by His grace, we too were part of the darkness--indeed, we had to be called out of it. John the Baptist came "to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace" (Luke 1:79). Furthermore, as Christ taught, "men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19).

This confrontation overshadows mere human conflict, however, "for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12). But, praise God, we have been called "out of darkness into his marvellous light" as described in our text. Although we may be still in the world, our King has "delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son" (Colossians 1:13). "In him was life; and the life was the light of men" (John 1:4). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 7:26am On Dec 11, 2008
OLAADEGBU, thanks so much for those kind words and prayers.  I pray the Lord continue to enrich you too with all His blessings in heavenly places.  May He continue to find us available for His use.  Amen.

Know that whatever we do here on this side of eternity is never in vain.  Keep sowing, keep watering, for in due season, we shall reap if we faint not.  Your exhortations, as well as others', are surely blessing lives.  May He coninue to find us as usable instruments in His Hands.

Pilgrim.1, where have you been hiding? Yours is being missed here. Do we begin to pray for a less workload? cheesy

Love y'all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Folanre(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2008
thank you so much for the good work done on behalf of the Master.

OLAADEGBU:

Occupied Territory
December 10, 2008

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light." (1 Peter 2:9)

In our ongoing struggle for both survival and victory in this world, we do well to recognize that we are in enemy territory. While it is true that our Captain created the world--indeed, "all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:3)--sacrificed His life to redeem it, and will reign over it for eternity, it is also true that "the whole world lieth in wickedness" (1 John 5:19), occupied by "the prince of this world" (John 12:31), "the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Ephesians 2:2).

The fact that we are surrounded by such darkness should come as no surprise, for before we were rescued by His grace, we too were part of the darkness--indeed, we had to be called out of it. John the Baptist came "to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace" (Luke 1:79). Furthermore, as Christ taught, "men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19).

This confrontation overshadows mere human conflict, however, "for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12). But, praise God, we have been called "out of darkness into his marvellous light" as described in our text. Although we may be still in the world, our King has "delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son" (Colossians 1:13). "In him was life; and the life was the light of men" (John 1:4). JDM

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (115)

Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.