Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,086 members, 7,970,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (117980 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Jan 31, 2009
January 31, 2009

Unsearchable Things

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." (Proverbs 25:2)

Education is sometimes claimed to be a "search for truth," and scientists in particular take pride in their "research."  No doubt the scientific method has led to many useful discoveries and inventions, and rulers often have sponsored "government research" for their own ends.  Furthermore, God’s primeval "dominion mandate" (Genesis 1:26-28) in effect ordains the conduct of beneficial research.

At the same time, there are some things that are far beyond the research capabilities of human investigations.  Yet they are understandable to the believing heart, because these unsearchable things are near to the heart of God, who made us in His image.  "I would seek unto God," Job said, "and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number" (Job 5:8-9).

"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable" (Psalm 145:3).  "There is no searching of his understanding" (Isaiah 40:28).  "Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite" (Psalm 147:5).  There is far more to be discovered concerning God and His great creation than all the scientists can ever hope to discover in this life.  But those who love Him will have an eternity of time to search out the majestic complexities of His infinite universe, for "eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him" (1 Corinthians 2:9-10).

What a marvelous paradox!  "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Romans 11:33).  Yet unsearchable though they be, Paul, "less than the least of all saints," was able to "preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8 ). HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/unsearchable-things/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by faithful1: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2009
Thanks so much , I have been looking for where to fellowship with real christians, now I have found it.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32am On Feb 01, 2009
Click here to connect with live broadcast and fellowship with us every Sunday this February, 2009 @ 8:45 GMT: http://www.dclm.org/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2009
February 1, 2009

God's Shadow

"The breath of our nostrils, the anointed of the LORD, was taken in their pits, of whom we said, Under his shadow we shall live among the heathen."
(Lamentations 4:20)

In the hot desert lands so familiar to the Israelites, a place of shade was considered a blessing wherever it could be found, and this was often taken as a symbol of God's protection from the hot hatred of their (and His) enemies.  In fact, the Hebrew word for "shadow" is used twelve times in the Bible as a type of God's guarding presence.

The first is in Psalm 17:8: "Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings." Three other times "the shadow of thy wings" is used (Psalm 36:7, 57:1, 63:7).  Isaiah speaks of His presence "as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land" and as like being hidden "in the shadow of his hand" (Isaiah 32:2, 49:2, also 51:16).  The Lord is compared to "a tabernacle for a shadow in the day time from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain" (Isaiah 4:6).  He is "a shadow from the heat" and like "the shadow of a cloud" (Isaiah 25:4-5).

The last reference to God's shadow is in our text above in reference to the forced exile of God's people into Babylon.  In this sad context, Jeremiah laments that even "the anointed of the Lord"--[/i]that is, literally, the Lord's Messiah (fulfilled in Jesus Christ)--has been taken captive with His people.  He is even called [i]"the breath of our nostrils," recognizing implicitly that it was He who breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life in the beginning (Acts 17:25).  Thus, He will even be with His people as they undergo their just chastisements; they can even "live among the heathen" under His shadow.  No matter how dark our circumstances, we can say with the psalmist: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. . . . in him will I trust" (Psalm 91:1-2).  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/4239/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Graxie(f): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2009
I JUST WANT TO THANK MY LORD JESUS FOR HIS GRACE AND MERCY TOWARDS ME AND MY FAMILY, ALSO THANKING HIM 4 MY BRETHREN. TO HIM ALONE BE THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER AMEN.   
   OUR TODAY'S TEACHING IN MY CHURCH CENTERED ON TOTAL OBEDIENCE TO GOD DEUT28 V 1.
PLS, PILGRIM 1. I TOOK INTEREST ON NL COS OF YOU, GOD USED YOU TO OPEN MY EYES TO SO MANY TRUTH. PLEASE DON'T RELENT PLEASE. I STARTED READY MOST OF YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS SINCE AUGUST 2008, AND IT HAS BEEN A BLESSING. MY HUBBY HAVE SAID THE SAME THING ALSO, AND WE'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR MY COUSIN WHO CONVERTED TO ISLAM COS OF MARRIAGE, SHE HAS ACCEPTED JESUS AFRESH AND HER HUSBAND HAS BEEN ASKING MOST OF THE QUESTIONS I'VE READ ON NL, THANK GOD THAT AM EQUIPPED. PLEASE KEEP DOING THE GOOD WORK. AM ALSO THANKING BABY OSISI, DAVIDLAN AND ALL MY BRETHREN ON NL, MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Click here to connect with live broadcast and fellowship with us every Sunday this February, 2009 @ 8:45 GMT:  http://www.dclm.org/

i have tried that link, it doesnt work, no streaming what so ever sad sad sad
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2009
anyone with laterrain assembly podcasts or online sermons?
thanks
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
na2day?:

i have tried that link, it doesnt work, no streaming what so ever sad sad sad

You will have to try it at the right time which is at 8:45 GMT (Add or subtract depending on your time zone).
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2009
February 2, 2009

The Cup of Salvation

"What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD."
(Psalm 116:12-13)

Here is a remarkable question and answer.  To every one born into the world, God has given multitudes of benefits. "He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things" (Acts 17:25). Some receive more than others, but all receive many, so the question is what we should do for the Lord in return.  The answer is simply to receive His great gift of eternal salvation!

On one occasion the people of Capernaum asked Jesus: "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?" His answer must be profoundly surprising to anyone who believes that he can please God and earn salvation by doing good works.  "This is the work of God," said Jesus, "that ye believe on him whom he hath sent" (John 6:28-29).

The truth is we can never pay for our sins by good deeds.  If one is ever to be saved from his sins and to obtain salvation, it must be received solely by faith in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. "For the wages of sin is death, " but "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us," so that "the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many" and--in the words of our text above[i]--"whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"[/i] (Romans 6:23, 5:8, 5:15, 10:13).

Therefore, when a repentant sinner calls in faith on the wonderful name of our gracious Lord, he drinks of the healing cup of salvation and receives everlasting life.  Because Jesus drank the bitter cup of God’s righteous judgment on our sins, we can drink deeply of the "living water. . . . springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:10-14), and we can say with the psalmist: "My cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever" (Psalm 23:5-6). HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/cup-salvation/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40am On Feb 03, 2009
February 3, 2009

The Healing Ministry of Jesus

"When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and He cast out the spirits with His word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses." (Matthew 8:16-17)

The earthly healing ministries of Jesus are here said to have fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 53:4 :  "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows." The Hebrew words used do allow this New Testament application, so this passage does, indeed, predict the healing work of the Messiah in His earthly ministry.  Isaiah 53:5-6 then predicts the substitutionary atoning work of the Messiah, concluding with the statement: "The Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

The order is important.  The healing ministry preceded the atonement, just as the prophecy of healing preceded the prophecy of Christ's atoning work.  This means that particular healing cannot be a part of the atonement itself.  The reason for the earthly healing work of Christ was[i] "that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins"[/i] (Matthew 9:6).

The saving work of Christ includes deliverance from the death penalty for sin in one's past life, the power of sin in his present life, and the very presence of sin in the future life.  Our great salvation has already delivered us from the eternal torments of the second death (Revelation 20:14, 21:8 ), from the defeating power of physical infirmities in our present bodies, and from the very presence of sickness and pain in the future.  In any case, there is no question that God is well able in particular situations right now either to provide direct healing in answer to prayer, or sufficient grace to meet whatever physical need we have in a way that honors Him (2 Corinthians 12:7-9). HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/healing-ministry-jesus/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53am On Feb 04, 2009
The Ministry Of Sanctified, Salty Saints
Matt. 5:13; Lev.2:13; Col.4:6

The people who receive the grace of God and have the indwelling righteousness of God are the salt of the earth.  "Ye are the salt of the earth . . .", Christ taught His disciples and the people that came to listen to His message.  The main thrust of salt is distinctiveness.  Salt is distinctively different from the thing on which it has great influence.  Similarly, as believers, we are the salt of the world; and there must be that distinctiveness between us and the world.  This distinctive purpose or nature of salt is to influence or change the[b] flavour[/b] of what salt comes in contact with.  We, as believers also, by nature and purpose, must be different.  We must maintain our ministry of penetrating, influencing and transforming others on the earth.

http://www.dclm.org/Resources/ResourcesDirectory/tabid/130/Default.aspx
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Feb 04, 2009
February 4, 2009

Jesus and the Study of Scripture

"And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?" (John 7:15)

In the midst of the annual feast of tabernacles, "Jesus went up into the temple, and taught" (John 7:14), and the unique caliber of His teaching (literally "indoctrinating"wink caused the Jewish scholars there to "marvel."

Their question on this occasion was how an uneducated man, who had never been taught by the scribes and rabbis, could have acquired such a remarkable understanding of the Holy Scriptures. He had never had formal training in the Word; yet, when He taught, "He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes" (Matthew 7:29).

His answer to their question was amazing: "My doctrine |or 'teaching'| is not mine, but his that sent me" (John 7:16).

There are two factors at work here. First of all, His working knowledge of the Old Testament Scriptures was encyclopedic, acquired in the same way any other student of the Word can acquire it--by diligent and prayerful personal study thereof. He had done this all His life from the time He was a small boy. Remember how He had "asked questions" of the astonished doctors in the temple, and then how He was "subject unto" His parents, and how He[i] "increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man"[/i] (Luke 2:46, 51-52). In all of this, He is a perfect human example to us, as we also seek to learn the Scriptures and to grow in wisdom and in favor with God.

But beyond His human understanding of the Word, of course, was His own innate divine wisdom and authority. He was eternal God, as well as perfect man. Thus He not only has authenticated the former Scriptures and given us an example in their study and use, but has also conveyed perfectly to us, through His holy apostles and prophets, the Scriptures of the New Covenant as well. HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/jesus-study-scripture/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
February 5, 2009

Paul as Our Example

"Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you." (Philippians 4:9)

The apostle Paul many times urged his readers to follow his example in living the Christian life.  To the Philippians, Paul said: "Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample" (Philippians 3:17).

The initial reaction to such exhortations is to think of Paul as arrogant.  To the believers in the Corinthian church, he said: "Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me" (1 Corinthians 4:16).  To those at Thessalonica, he said: "For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you. . . . Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us" (2 Thessalonians 3:7-9).

At the same time, Paul considered himself to be "the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle" (1 Corinthians 15:9). Later he called himself "less than the least of all saints" (Ephesians 3:8 ), and finally he said that he was even the chief of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15).

In no way was the apostle Paul an egotist.  Nevertheless, he knew that his converts needed an example to see, as well as precepts to learn.  The Lord Jesus Christ, of course, is our real example (1 Peter 2:21).  But by living a life patterned after Christ, however, Paul could say: "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1).

People need to see Christ in the lives of their Christian leaders.  By the grace of God, we also need to live as Christ did, so that when people follow us, they also will be following Christ.  "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16).  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/paul-our-example/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15am On Feb 06, 2009
February 6, 2009

A Very Present Help

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.  Selah." (Psalm 46:1-3)

The modifier "very" in this verse is a strong word.  God is an intensively present helper in time of trouble; "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).  Those who hold a deistic philosophy argue that God is far away, leaving the earth and its inhabitants to work out their own evolutionary salvation after He first started it going billions of years ago.  But they are wrong, for God is right here, right now! "The LORD of hosts is with us" (Psalm 46:11).

There had, indeed, been a time when the earth was removed (literally, "the ground was changed"wink, and even the mountains had been eroded away and washed into the oceans.  The waters swelled higher and the mountains quaked until finally, in the words of the apostle Peter, "the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (2 Peter 3:6).

This was the great Flood in the days of Noah--the greatest "trouble" in the world's history.  Even then, God had provided a refuge for His people--the Ark which He instructed Noah to build.  When the Flood came, "the LORD shut him in," and throughout the height of the cataclysm, "God remembered Noah, and every living thing" (Genesis 7:16, 8:1).  There are great judgments coming on the earth in future days as well (Psalm 46:6-9), when the earth itself will be melted (literally "dissolved," 2 Peter 3:10).

Again, the Lord's people in that day can still say: "The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge" (Psalm 46:7).  From the beginning of creation to the end of the age, God is a very present help to His people.  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/very-present-help/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAMIND1(m): 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2009
Its not all about ideologies and its not all about religions,

Its all about winning souls for my lord Jesus Christ!
hallelujah!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2009
February 7, 2009

The Christian's Speech

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6)

A Christian's words are of transcendent importance, for Jesus has said: "Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment" (Matthew 12:36).  The word "answer" in the text above means more than simply an answer to a question.  The Greek word is used 250 times in the New Testament, and in every other instance, it is used in a simple narrative sense (such as, "he answered saying"wink.  Thus it refers to ordinary conversation, indicating that every verbal response of a Christian should be gracious and tasteful--never crude, or hurtful, or bland.

The Scriptures include many other specifications for a Christian's speech.  In the first place, there should not be too much of it!  "Study to be quiet, and to do your own business" (1 Thessalonians 4:11).  Our words should be carefully chosen, able to be substantiated--"Sound speech, that cannot be condemned" (Titus 2:8.).  People should be able to rely on the truth of what we say.  "Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour" (Ephesians 4:25). Furthermore, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers" (Ephesians 4:29).  "But who ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth" (Colossians 3:8.).  Our words should always be edifying and helpful, wholesome and thoughtful.

But if this seems humanly impossible, remember God is able to tame our tongues, even though we cannot!  The key is prayer--earnest and consistent prayer--not just that our speech become innocuous, but that it may edify, testify, and minister grace.  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/4245/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Feb 08, 2009
February 8, 2009

Wondrous Things

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." (Psalm 119:18)

Wondrous indeed is the marvelous universe God has created.  "Hearken unto this," we are challenged, "stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God" (Job 37:14).  And as we[i] "consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained"[/i] (Psalm 8:3), we can only "stand still" in awe at God's infinite power.

We are even more amazed as we study the intricate complexity of living creatures--especially human beings. "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works" (Psalm 139:14).  God's omniscience is more wondrous than even His omnipotence.

Then there is His miraculous ordering of history for the accomplishment of His purposes.  "We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done" (Psalm 78:4).

But even greater than the wondrous world He created or His wondrous works in history are the wonders of God's written Word, for[i] "thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name"[/i] (Psalm 138:2).

Note the testimony of the familiar 19th Psalm.  "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." But then: "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul" (Psalm 19:1, 7).  As far as God's works in history are concerned, God's Word was completed before history began, and will endure after the present world is gone.  "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89).  "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35).

There are "wondrous things" without end in "thy law," and we will continue discovering them forever.  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/wondrous-things/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20am On Feb 09, 2009
February 9, 2009

The Temple's Silent Construction

"And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building." (1 Kings 6:7)

Here is a remarkable testimony to the engineering and construction skills of the ancients.  In order to erect the magnificent temple of Solomon, every portion was so carefully fabricated, far away from the construction site, that the building could be completely erected in reverent silence.

Furthermore, the stones were not small and rough. "They brought great stones, costly stones, and hewed stones, to lay the foundation of the house" (1 Kings 5:17).  They were quarried from limestone beds beneath the city and had to be fabricated and brought to the temple site, all ready to be laid in place.  "And Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders did hew them, and the stonesquarers" (1 Kings 5:18).

In both its unique beauty and its silent assemblage, the temple is a striking type of the spiritual temple now being erected by the Holy Spirit. "Now therefore ye are . . . built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord; In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit" (Ephesians 2:19-22).

In this spiritual temple, each new believer is a costly stone, carefully cut from the world's dark quarry, then silently placed in the growing structure by the Holy Spirit on the foundation of Jesus Christ, "to whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house" (1 Peter 2:4-5).  "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16).  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/4247/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2009
Inerrancy According to Christ
February 10, 2009

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Matthew 5:18)

Here is the commentary of the Lord Jesus on the doctrine of plenary verbal inspiration.  Not only were the words of the Bible divinely inspired, but even the very letters!  The "jot" was the smallest letter of the Hebrew alphabet (yod, the tenth letter).  The[i] "tittle"[/i] was a small horn-like appendage which transformed one Hebrew letter into another.  Thus, a stronger statement of absolute verbal inspiration than this could hardly be imagined.

Further, the phrase "in no wise" is actually a double negative in Greek.  In New Testament Greek it was used for strong emphasis.  According to none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, every word--even every letter--of the "law" must be fulfilled.  This certainly includes the books of the Pentateuch--including even the often-maligned and distorted opening chapters of Genesis!

He applied the same principle to other parts of Scripture as well.  "The scripture cannot be broken," He said (John 10:35) in the course of an exposition of Psalm 82:6, based on one single word used in the verse, supporting the vital doctrine of His own deity.

It is clear that Christ taught the doctrine of full, verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures.  It is sad and inexcusable that so many today who call themselves Christians repudiate this vital teaching of the Lord Jesus by rejecting, diluting, or "interpreting" the plain statements of the Word of God.  And, lest anyone equivocate by suggesting that, since the original writings have all been lost, we no longer can know what the divinely given words may have been, we should remember Christ's promise: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35).  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/inerrancy-according-christ/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On Feb 11, 2009
Systematic, expository study of God’s Word                                

THE PERSEVERANCE OF A BELIEVER DURING PERSECUTION
Daniel 6:1-10

Crowns and thrones perish, kingdoms rise and wane, nations rise and fall but God’s Kingdom is from generation to generation, His dominion is an everlasting dominion.

He reigns on high and He rules uninterrupted in the affairs of men.  Change in human government is inevitable but believers continue to trust in God and live for His glory whatever the circumstances around them may be.  Change of government and administration, alteration in the economic conditions of nations and of the world will not affect the faith of God’s children in His promises.  The church of Jesus constant will remain, in conviction, and commitment to God’s Word.

The Babylonian empire had fallen and the Medo-Persian empire rose in its stead.  Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans was slain and Darius the Median took the kingdom.  “And Daniel continued.” Darius appointed an entirely new administration but he still retained Daniel because of his excellent character, integrity, wisdom, self-renouncing devotion and experience.  Daniel was now advanced in age - an old man approaching 90 years of age – but he was still active in service.  As his days so was his strength.  As he grew older so he grew in faith, grew in knowledge, grew in wisdom, grew in leadership skill and ability, grew in courage and stedfastness, grew in spiritual insight and revelation, grew in usefulness to the kingdom of God.  The thought of retiring to a life of ease and idleness was not given any consideration.  Faithful and devoted to God, righteous and trustworthy before men, he was being considered for greater responsibility by the new king.  Envy led others to plot against his life but he continued quietly in prayerful devotion to God.  Neither the favour of the king nor the frown of the presidents and the princes could change his conviction, consecration and commitment to his God.

http://www.dclm.org/Resources/ResourcesDirectory/tabid/130/Default.aspx
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2009
The Fruit-Bearing Christian
February 11, 2009

"Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account." (Philippians 4:17)

The apostle Paul here was commending the Christians at Philippi as the only church that had sent an offering to help defray his expenses on his missionary trips.  He calls such gifts "fruit" that would abound to their "account" (Greek logos, probably better rendered as "testimony"wink.  Thus God considers gifts of money to scriptural ministries to be like life-giving fruits on a healthy vine.

There are other types of fruits which a Christian life can produce.  Paul regarded those he had helped lead to Christ as fruits.  He wrote to the Christians at Rome: "I purposed to come unto you . . . that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles" (Romans 1:13).

Genuine traits of godly character are also called fruits.  "For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth" (Ephesians 5:9).  The classic passage, outlining the nine-fold fruit produced by the Holy Spirit in the life of a willing Christian, is Galatians 5:22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance." It is significant that all these attributes constitute one fruit, not nine fruits.

The tremendous importance of fruit-bearing in the Christian life was especially brought out by Christ in His famous discourse on the vine and the branches, in John 15:1-16.  In these verses, the word "fruit" occurs eight times. First, there is the warning: "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away" (John 15:2).  If there is no fruit (or if the fruit is "corrupt fruit"wink in the life, there is no assurance of any life at all.

"Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit" (John 15:8.)  To bring forth much fruit, we must abide (that is, "continue steadfastly"wink in Christ (John 15:5)  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/fruit-bearing-christian/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 12, 2009
PHEW!!! That process was hard and obnoxious, but I got through it. That's all that matters.

That God for his mercies and support in all I lay my hands upon kiss kiss I know without you Lord, nothing would have been possible.

With God, nothing is impossible. Lord, thank you for your continual assurance that whatever I lay my hands upon, and with the cry of your name, you have made[/b] it possible.

[b]Jeremiah 29 vs 11-14 says
: 11For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. 12Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. 13When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, 14I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

Lord, I know not the plans you have for me, but I know that if you say "Yes", nobody can say "No". I call upon you, I seek thee with all my heart. Lord, I pray and ask unto you to make the plans you have possible for me, in Jesus name. Amen.
I'm seeking O Lord, show me the light to your temple.

This day has been tedious, but Lord, with all I did, I knew I was not alone. I knew you held me and guarded me.
The moment I cried your name when I stumble, I felt you carrying me.
Thank you, Lord.
Forsake not because of my sins. A fair God would have been merciless to me, would have forsaken me with all the bondage of sin around my name, but you oh Lord stood by me.
Olurun, ebe ni mo be o, Gbo o n mi.

Olorun mi, moni ba e soro
Eleda mi Moni ba e soro
Gbo n mi o
Gbebe mi
Abiya oo kin gboku omo re
ko mama dide

Lord continue to stand by me, continue to raise up so I can stand on mountains when things get rough.

When I fell, YOU were there.
When I rise, You were there
Lord, when my enemies plot against me to bring my downfall
Stand beside me, be my rock ages,  turn them to ashes.

When they see me stumble they laughed
When they see me rise, they cried
When I called on YOUR name, O Lord, they fled with fear. Because they knew that there is wonder working power in your blood.
Let hem continue to flee with fear in my life in Jesus name I pray,
Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 5:00am On Feb 12, 2009
***cough***cough*** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

how are u sweet heart tongue tongue tongue

HeatFusion:

PHEW!!! That process was hard and obnoxious, but I got through it. That's all that matters.

That God for his mercies and support in all I lay my hands upon kiss kiss I know without you Lord, nothing would have been possible.

With God, nothing is impossible. Lord, thank you for your continual assurance that whatever I lay my hands upon, and with the cry of your name, you have made[/b] it possible.

[b]Jeremiah 29 vs 11-14 says
: 11For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. 12Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. 13When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, 14I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

Lord, I know not the plans you have for me, but I know that if you say "Yes", nobody can say "No". I call upon you, I seek thee with all my heart. Lord, I pray and ask unto you to make the plans you have possible for me, in Jesus name. Amen.
I'm seeking O Lord, show me the light to your temple.

This day has been tedious, but Lord, with all I did, I knew I was not alone. I knew you held me and guarded me.
The moment I cried your name when I stumble, I felt you carrying me.
Thank you, Lord.
Forsake not because of my sins. A fair God would have been merciless to me, would have forsaken me with all the bondage of sin around my name, but you oh Lord stood by me.
Olurun, ebe ni mo be o, Gbo o n mi.

Olorun mi, moni ba e soro
Eleda mi Moni ba e soro
Gbo n mi o
Gbebe mi
Abiya oo kin gboku omo re
ko mama dide

Lord continue to stand by me, continue to raise up so I can stand on mountains when things get rough.

When I fell, YOU were there.
When I rise, You were there
Lord, when my enemies plot against me to bring my downfall
Stand beside me, be my rock ages,  turn them to ashes.

When they see me stumble they laughed
When they see me rise, they cried
When I called on YOUR name, O Lord, they fled with fear. Because they knew that there is wonder working power in your blood.
Let hem continue to flee with fear in my life in Jesus name I pray,
Amen.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2009
Darwin's Day
February 12, 2009

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Peter 2:1)

Thousands of clergy have signed "An Open Letter Concerning Religion and Science."  On the Sunday closest to Charles Darwin's birthday, these "pastors" eulogize him and endorse evolutionary science as compatible with the Bible. Here are five reasons why this idea is grossly wrong.

The Bible has absolutely no hint of ages of evolutionary development Forcing the "days" of Genesis 1 to mean "ages" can be done, but there is no support for that idea in the rest of Scripture (Psalm 33:6-9, 148:5-6; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:3; Revelation 4:11; etc.).

Evolution is not observed at all today Empirical science is based on observation and verification.  Nothing (from bacteria to people) is "evolving" into a "higher order."  Period.

Fossil data does not show any transitional forms If evolution occurred prior to recorded history, it can only be documented by the fossils embedded in the water-deposited rocks of earth.  Those "missing links" are still missing.

God's character absolutely forbids evolutionary methods God's holiness demands truth, and His omniscience demands perfection.  He cannot know what is best and then "create" something inferior.  He wrote that He took six days to create the universe (Exodus 20:11).  And He cannot lie!

God's stated purpose for creating excludes evolution The creation reveals the Creator (Romans 1:20, Psalm 19:1-4), gives authority to the message of Jesus Christ (John 1:1-14, Colossians 1:16-18), and is the foundation for the gospel and for worship (Revelation 14:6-7).  Creating is what God does at the moment of the new birth (Ephesians 2:8-10).  HMM III

http://www.icr.org/article/darwins-day/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2009
Damnable heresies.Be watchful brethren
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2009
Hello my people. Where is everyone? I hope all has been well with everyone. Yours sincerely have been busy of recent which has limited my time considerably.

@OLAADEGBU and everyone who has kept the flag flying, the Lord bless you richly. I salute your tenacity and consistency. I only pray for grace, especially now, so that I can be more available.

Let me leave you all with this: Know that the battles of life are real! No champion is made without fighting battles. No winner is decorated without contests. No one graduates without passing tests and exams. The battles we face on a daily basis are necessary tests for our crowning. Yes, they seem overwhelming attimes. They may not be exactly comforting, but know this: they are real and inevitable. . . (to be continued)

Bless you all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2009
na2day?:

***cough***cough*** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

how are u sweet heart tongue tongue tongue

Hey babes, nice to see you.
I can't lie to you, you were missed tongue

I dey kampe jare.

@post
Oluwa e seun ti e gbo adura mi. Olorun, maje ki awam aiye doju timi.
Nigbogbo nkan ti mo ba fowo le, je ko se rere.

Nigba ti Mose pe o ni gba ti awan Egytians tele, oda lo hun. O si tun la red sea fun awan omo re lati ko ja.
Oluwa, mo pe o, la ona fun mi! Nigbogbo nkan ti mo fe dawole, la onan funmi.

La nan ko mi
Olorun mi o
La nan komi
Iwo lo la nan fun Mose
Lagun ju aiye
O la nan fun Mose leti okun pupa
La nan ko mi o Olorun bu jade.

Thanks for today, and thank you for tomorrow.  kiss kiss As I go and come, let goodness be before me, let satan be left behind me. Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 2:49am On Feb 13, 2009
too much to do with too little time, work, preparing for pro exams, study group, gym, i dey struggle to even have a decent quiet time with God   embarassed embarassed embarassed so, i dont log on NL as i use to but i will try and keep in touch  kiss kiss kiss kiss

HeatFusion:

Hey babes, nice to see you.
I can't lie to you, you were missed tongue

I dey kampe jare.

@post
Oluwa e seun ti e gbo adura mi. Olorun, maje ki awam aiye doju timi.
Nigbogbo nkan ti mo ba fowo le, je ko se rere.

Nigba ti Mose pe o ni gba ti awan Egytians tele, oda lo hun. O si tun la red sea fun awan omo re lati ko ja.
Oluwa, mo pe o, la ona fun mi! Nigbogbo nkan ti mo fe dawole, la onan funmi.

La nan ko mi
Olorun mi o
La nan komi
Iwo lo la nan fun Mose
Lagun ju aiye
O la nan fun Mose leti okun pupa
La nan ko mi o Olorun bu jade.

Thanks for today, and thank you for tomorrow.  kiss kiss As I go and come, let goodness be before me, let satan be left behind me. Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Nobody: 3:14am On Feb 13, 2009
na2day?:

too much to do with too little time, work, preparing for pro exams, study group, gym, i dey struggle to even have a decent quiet time with God embarassed embarassed embarassed so, i dont log on NL as i use to but i will try and keep in touch kiss kiss kiss kiss

awwww pele, just take it easy.
Make a time fun Olorun o, because without him, all you strive to do will not be possible wink Take time to atleast say THANK YOU.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 3:58am On Feb 13, 2009
HeatFusion:

awwww pele, just take it easy.
Make a time fun Olorun o, because without him, all you strive to do will not be possible wink Take time to atleast say THANK YOU.

yup, i hear u on that one
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2009
Thy Word Is Settled Forever
February 13, 2009

"For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven." (Psalm 119:89)

This is the central verse in the longest chapter in the longest book in the Bible, and it is surely one of the greatest verses in the Bible.  It conveys the amazing news that the Word of God (which is the theme of the entire 119th Psalm) has existed from eternity past and will continue to exist forever in the future.  It was eternally settled in the mind of God before the world was created, then gradually inscripturated "at sundry times and in divers manners |as God| spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets" (Hebrews 1:1).

Other verses in this psalm likewise stress the eternal validity of God's words: "The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting. . . . Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever. . . . Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever" (Psalm 119:144, 152, 160).

In the Book of Isaiah appears a magnificent claim: "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever" (Isaiah 40:8.)  This contrast is expanded by the apostle Peter: "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1 Peter 1:23).

To guarantee this great truth beyond any further question, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself made the following tremendous claim: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35).  "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).

The entire physical universe is (literally) "passing away," heading inexorably downhill toward ultimate death--with one exception!  The words of our Bible and its glorious promises are eternal and immutable.  HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/thy-word-settled-forever/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Nobody: 3:45am On Feb 14, 2009
THANK YOU JESUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

You're truly a wonderful God, OMG!!

I prayed and prayed, and it has been answered!!

THANK YOU LORDDDDDDDDDD kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

So overwhelmed with tears

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (115)

RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.