Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,394 members, 7,932,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:26 AM

Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? (3181 Views)

NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / NTA Is A Puff! / Sesame Street Makes Its Debut On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by diggler(m): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Please can someone tell me why EFCC is not after the producers of quiz line and its
sister programs on NTA.

Everyday those people come out there and ride on Nigerians with their 35855 scam

For example  in a recent broadcast, all d callers who got through where cut off on d guise of network wahala & all that.
that is N100 down d drain (multiply by a ball park figure of 100 000 callers and picture these con-artists laffing  to d bank)

the networks r also collabrators in this grand fleecing scheme.

This is broad daylight robbery of the first degree.

However in retrospect a dark side of me wishes i thot it up first, lol
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Mustay(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2008
Do you read their "terms" before participating?
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by twinstaiye(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2008
@ diggler
The best thing to do is to stop participating. By the way, have you seen anyone close to you that won anything in the past? I mean close to you, not as seen on the TV. I can equally organise one if I own a corporate body and as well make sure someone I know very well won the competition. You get the drift?
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2008
There is a popular saying that you are either part of thee problem or part of the solution, if the Goverment does not step in and stop them they will be ripping off innocent people, why are the terms and conditions in such fine small print and on the section of the screen where you cannot see it,

Naija and corruption,
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by diggler(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2008
Unfortunately or fortunately for me, I use a glo line which cant take part in d show.

Also i'm familiar with such game shows and understand them to be about luck and stuff.

my grouse is dat the organizers r  not doing enuf to make participants feel good about themselves
PPl lose millions in las vegas yet every year more ppl want to go there cos when u lose, they make u wanna play more.

case in point is when they throw up a challenge like yesterday when a combination of 9 letters were shown clearly forming d word UNIVERSAL.
ppl were encouraged d form a word using 'all nine' letters.
After 3 callers had given d answer, 2 off which were cut off under d guise of network wahala, the presenter now came out to say dat the Word needed is just a three letter word.
that to me is not a level playing field

Besides i've seen d SA version & it seems fair to me and d challenges r such 'challenges' not some stupid riddle

Also in SA d terms & conditions r clearly stated by d presenter like every 5 minutes
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Gbenga003: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2008
It is only the greedy ones that will still be preys to those broad daylight robbers' pranks. It is quite dissapointing that big communication firms will be their allies. May God forgive them. Pls for destiny's sake, stay away from them. smiley
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Olayinkaoj(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2008
It is not a most to participate.
Its a matter of choice
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by twinstaiye(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Olayinka
Next time, click "modify" on the top right side of your post and correct your spelling errors instead of writing another post. Am sure you did not notice that.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Caliente(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2008
[size=13pt]@ twinstaiye
Spellcheck don't correct grammar it only corrects spelling and so it wont help him[/size]
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Caliente(m): 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2008
[size=13pt]A similar scam on BBC network got BBC slammed with a huge fine, now BBC is struggling to redeem its image in terms of live quiz.[/size]
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by showbobo(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2008
I once fell for their cheap scam and lost 300bucks.Filthy Bunch of rip-offs angry angry
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Raymond88(m): 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2008
They have these shows all over the world, smart people don't participate! because it's a waste of time and money, and it just takes advantage of the greedy nature of many.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by seunspice(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2008
Quizline is actually produced by Telemedia InteracTV (http://www.calltv.com/), Budapest and it is shown in over 40 countries worldwide amongst them are Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, South Africa, russia, India, spain, poland including Nigeria. I know several winners of between the range of N1,000 and N1,500,000.

Yes, you can call the producers on 08069040592, 08032008443 and 0806232624989 to channel your grouses.

The company does fulfil its obligation, the problem is that Nigerians dont bother to read the instructions before joining a bandwagon. please visit the website on[b] http://www.calltv.com/nigeria/ [/b]and read the instructions. The game has been on for over 2 years and it is not presented within Nigeria, and for NTA the national TV carrier to air the program means that the federal government has an official backing to the program.

Kindly read the instructions, know the game pattern and flow with the trend before ever playing any game on radio and TV, moreso , it is a matter of choice.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Mustay(m): 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2008
seunspice:

Kindly r[b]ead the instructions, know the game pattern and flow with the trend before ever playing any game on radio and TV,[/b] moreso , it is a matter of choice.

Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by ololufemi: 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2008
Kindly stop harassing the producers.

Its either u play or not and take kindly to the instructions.

I know of persons who have won on the show especially with the part where u have to guess.

Kindly note that the company is a reputable one and its a global show.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Fostercat(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2008
the thin is pure fraud. i tried it once they just chop my 100 bucks.i ve already filed in a report with efcc.they ll pay times ten cool
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by TPS360: 6:18am On Aug 14, 2008
NTA? people still watch NTA?
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by delegiwa(m): 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2008
TPS360:

NTA? people still watch NTA?

You no bow?
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by mosunade(f): 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2008
@Diggler - u r simply a fool.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by showbobo(m): 8:40am On Aug 15, 2008
mosun_ade:

@Diggler - you're simply a fool.
wetin warrant this kind insult shuuuuu shocked
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by shawn123: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2008
mosun_ade:

@Diggler - you're simply a fool.

Dont you think this insult is simply unnecessary
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by ewealths(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2008
Before the computer on the quiz picks you, you would have spent a minimum of N600 and so be ready to pay before you play to win,anyway the prize is high enough to tempt anybody.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by adrusa: 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2008
It is simply jibiti and I hope EFCC and ICPC and FIRS will look into their modus operandi one day. BUT LIKE SOMEBODY SAID, SMART PEOPLE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN SUCH FRAUD. Same thing with all these SMS ringtone thing. The day I read that "unsuccessful requests will be billed" I know these are thieves.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by chuksloy: 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2008
men, this guys are multi-purpose criminals. well, them sey if you no fit beat them make you join them. my question is simple, how can i get mtn to pay me for every call i recieve?, i have searched their website and couldnt find anything like that.

offshore tax
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by scorpio1(m): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2008
NTA Should stop hosting such scam shows, Those guys are robbing innocent people of their hard-earned money in Broad daylight and sorry to say----With the help of NTA.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Mustay(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2008
I doubt that.

Visit Zain's website and multilinks

http://www.ng.zain.com/en/zain-extras/interactive/index.html
Quiz Line Watch Quick Win on NTA AM Express (Mon- Fri) at 7.30AM. To participate, dial 35855. 100.00 per Min Ultima Ltd

There are really winners:

http://itrealms..com/2007/09/telemedia-presents-n15m-cheque-to-jimoh.html

Recharge card hawker and winner of the N1.513,000 million in the Quiz Line being promoted by Telemedia Interactive, Mr. Jimoh Aliu, has been presented with his cheque at a ceremony in Lagos.

Even as Telemedia has lifted the SOS Children’s Village and Little Saints Orphanage Homes with N100,000 each.

Quiz Line is a phone-in programme that avails callers to interact with the presenter by playing around the questionnaire available through calling 345 on the MTN network or 358555 on other networks in existence in the country at the cost of N100 per call.

Welcoming guest to the occasion, the chief promoter of the Quiz Line and Managing Director, Telemedia Interactive, Mr. Femi Ayeni, noted that every day the programme is on the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), many people are emerging as winners of several prizes.

He also said that before now, the programme has made a fisherman N60,000 richer as well as an Enugu-based businessman N500,000 wealthier.

According to him, Quiz Line is not just about giving out money to participants, but keeping Nigerians aware of contemporary issues, both locally and internationally.

He disclosed that Telemedia decided to give a boost to some selected orphanage homes in Lagos as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).

“Quiz Line is not all about people winning money, so we decided to give out N100,000 to CDC, Little Saints and now SOS,” he said.

This, he said, would contribute immensely in alleviating hardship of these less privilege homes.

Also speaking, chairman of the occasion and top Nigerian comedian, Chief Chika Okpala, advised the winner, Mr. Aliu to ensure proper investment of his winning and lauded Telemedia for living up to its promise.

“You should use your money very well and not marry many wives,” Chief Okpala advised.

He later presented the cheque of N1,513,000 to Mr. Aliu in the company of the General Manager, Telemedia, Mr. Olu Akinlabi.

Equally commenting, Mr. Akinlabi informed that Telemedia had donated to CDC in June, Little Saint in July and SOS for the month of August.

Representative of the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) and Director of Surveillance and Enforcement, Mr. Emmanuel Abdullahi, also commended the management of Telemedia for the transparent manner they have been carrying out their activities in Quiz Line, since the programme began.

As monitors of promotions in the country and consumer concern, he said, that CPC is happy and expressed gratitude for being present to witness the event.
“Mr. Ayeni is always making out time to visit CPC from time to time to know how the consumers and the council is feeling about the programme,” he said, advising Mr. Aliu to ensure that he reports back to CPC when he clears the cheque to put it on record that everything went on well.
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by scorpio1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2008
@MUSTAY

You are an ACCOMPLICE, PERIOD!
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by Mustay(m): 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2008
Of course not!

It's always good to see all sides! cool
Re: Quiz Line On NTA Is Daylight Robbery (419)? by ayobase(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2008
Modernised Pooling in
manifestation!!!

(1) (Reply)

Guys! There's A New TV Series In Town: Sleepy Hollow... / PRISON BREAK Is Back! / Download The Call Movie By Woli Arole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.