Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,051 members, 7,970,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:50 AM

Just Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just Friends (1085 Views)

Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Friends by disturbed(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2008
hi people,  i need ya take on this

i met a girl recently like 4 months ago. i got her number and started calling her. we became quite fond pf each other and we like each other. she calls regularly now and sends me txt messages. we talk , hangout and spend time 2geda.
i really like this girl nd i know she likes me so i decided to ask her what she thinks about what we have. as in to define the relationship so i know what's goin onand she said we are just friends!!

i think i'm in lov wit this girl but she wants to stay as friends. i can't be a friend without thinking about her as a lover,

what do i do?
Re: Just Friends by phanthom(m): 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2008
go and jump into river ocean
Re: Just Friends by sistawoman: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2008
Sometimes a girl will say she just wants to be friends when presented with a question like that because she does not know where you stand.

Women dont care to put it on the line until they know the guy wants more.  So have you told her that you want more?
Re: Just Friends by onyinye2(f): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2008
Have you told her how feel yet?
I mean if you tell her how you feel
She might see what you are talking about
And begin to consider that she might
Actually like you in that why too.
Re: Just Friends by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2008
Seriously I don't know. Girls are different. Her "we are just friends" could mean she's playing hard to get or something else altogether. Have you really made your decisions clear? If you are waiting for her to say she's into you by your "define the relationship" question, you might wait till thy kingdom come.
Re: Just Friends by Orikinla(m): 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2008
disturbed:

hi people,  i need ya take on this

i met a girl recently like 4 months ago. i got her number and started calling her. we became quite fond pf each other and we like each other. she calls regularly now and sends me txt messages. we talk , hangout and spend time 2geda.
i really like this girl nd i know she likes me so i decided to ask her what she thinks about what we have. as in to define the relationship so i know what's goin onand she said we are just friends!!

i think i'm in lov wit this girl but she wants to stay as friends. i can't be a friend without thinking about her as a lover,

what do i do?

Why not appreciate being her friend first?

A sensible girl with not allow herself to be rushed into sex.

Do not see her as a sex object.

You may no longer appreciate her again after sleeping with her.

See her as a GOOD FRIEND and even help her to be a BETTER FRIEND.

What will be yours will be yours.

In fact, in my own case, she was the one who wanted us to be lovers and I made her wait for months.

Lovers come and go, but friends are forever.
Re: Just Friends by lonelypal(m): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ poster

I will give u a simple advice, Give her sometime to figure her self out, lets say 2weeks,if she is not communicating anything, introduce another gurl to her as ur fiance/gurlfriend, then watch her reactions grin grin
Re: Just Friends by topup: 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2008
Maybe she doesn't want to be rushed into anything, and I know with her being your lover the only thing in your mind right now, you can barely wait. But maybe that's not what she wants, maybe she's still trying to figure you out, you may think 4 months is enough to know somebody but it's not, and if she wants something serious she will not rush into it until she is completely comfortable.

I am on her side because I rushed into a relationship after knowing the guy for 3 months, turns out he wanted a lover and I wanted something serious, yes he equated love with sex, so he also told me he wanted something serious, but if I had taken more time, I may have found out his true intentions. If you love this girl, your love will still there in the next 4 months, so no worries (if that really is what you're looking for),
Re: Just Friends by Hannibal: 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2008
disturbed:

hi people, i need ya take on this

what do i do?

Lay all ur cards on the table for her. . . . . . At this point, u got nuthing to lose.
If she plays ball(fyne), if she refuses ur offer. . . . .Move on.
There are many pebbles on the beach. tongue
Re: Just Friends by debosky(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2008
Another unfortunate soul trying to jump ladders. . . if you try it you shall be cast into the abyss! tongue

My advice is for you to simply jump into the abyss yourself grin grin or remain on the friend ladder and admire from afar.

Ladder Theory
Re: Just Friends by loffers(m): 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2008
see me see question oooooooooooooo,
what are u xpecting her 2 say,if u are waiting 4 her 2 say yes u go wait ugo tire,
that's my problem wit ladies, they will never say yes
their reply will be; we can just be friends, friends and nothing more, as if say we be enemy b4
some will even tell u there is someone else or they are engaged whereas they are not
Re: Just Friends by Hannibal: 11:42pm On Aug 13, 2008
debosky:

Another unfortunate soul trying to jump ladders. . . if you try it you shall be cast into the abyss! tongue

My advice is for you to simply jump into the abyss yourself grin grin or remain on the friend ladder and admire from afar.

Ladder Theory

That was hilarious!!!!

Why keep a female friend around when u got mad feenings for her??
Better u delete her contact if she's got no benefits to offer. cheesy grin
Re: Just Friends by disturbed(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2008
I've tried to tell her how i feel in little ways. i really dont want to scare her away so i'm careful about how i reveal how i feel to her.
she's the best girl i've ever met. .so i dont wanna ruin things.
we spoke on the phone until 4 am this morning, i just saw her off to her place this afternoon.
i really like her and i dont wanna scare her. .and i dont want to be just her friend. .
Re: Just Friends by sistawoman: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2008
You have to tell the girl, I am sure that she feels the same for you. If she is spending all of that time with you talking and seeing you she is waiting for you to make the first move.

By telling you she sees you as a friend she is protecting herself incase you are not really feeling her.
Re: Just Friends by disturbed(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2008
@sistawoman
thanks a lot. .
wld muster every ounce of confidence i've got. .
she gotta know,

but wat if? wat if there's a slight possibility she really sees me as a friend?
Re: Just Friends by onyekang1(f): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2008
u've got to tell her how u really feel and trust me since she's giving u all dat attention and all, dat chic like u dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. so u guys need to do a lot of talking.
Re: Just Friends by sistawoman: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2008
disturbed:

@sistawoman
thanks a lot. .
would muster every ounce of confidence i've got. .
she gotta know,

but what if? what if there's a slight possibility she really sees me as a friend?

then you hang back and be her friend.  If you are really feeling her like that then just do as she asks and see where it takes you.  But for real the girl is showing the signs from what you have written here that she is open and ready for you to step out there so she can catch you.

Women dont like to be the aggressor.  We like to be chased and we put the signals out there for yall to catch on and when you dont it will crush us and disappoint us to the point that when you finally see it we are no longer interested.

So jump on it quick before her ego gets crushed.
Re: Just Friends by smooooooth: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2008
i can see u are truely disturbed but truth is girls find it difficult to say the word, just continue as been her friend, and keep spending time with her, from play, you guys will move to the real thing, just like that. you dnt need to ask her again. she likes you.
Re: Just Friends by disturbed(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2008
smooooooth:

i can see u are truely disturbed but truth is girls find it difficult to say the word, just continue as been her friend, and keep spending time with her, from play, you guys will move to the real thing, just like that. you dnt need to ask her again. she likes you.

i dont need 2 ask her?
we should just go on and on like that? and hope everything clicks?
Re: Just Friends by smooooooth: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2008
thats just it, these days ladies trying not to act cheap, will opt for a structured friendship and then finally u guys consummate it on your bed later.
in other words, modern girls will rather see a love relationship as friendship, which infact is the main and real thing guys look for, so indirectly or directly, however u want to take it,this girl don fall for u since, just be bold and do the things u will do if she had said a YES.
Re: Just Friends by sistawoman: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2008
disturbed:

i don't need 2 ask her?
we should just go on and on like that? and hope everything clicks?

If you do that she will move her feelings from romantic to friendship. Listen to him if you want but he is a man like you. I am a woman and so are the other females here. We can tell you what goes on in our minds.

I have done it myself. We dont want to step out there until yall do.
Re: Just Friends by justkunmi(m): 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2008
smooth
girls are different. .
some girls would prefer a guy who starts out as a friend, gradually, they become closer and closer and without the guy offically askingher out, they both know they are already dating.
But some other girls might prefer a by the book kinda. where the guy meets her, he calls her, then he asks her out officially and she says yes. .
so how would our bro here know wat kinda girl she is?

dont confuse the guy more than he already is, grin

disturbed
sistawoman looks like she knows wat she's saying.
let this girl know how u feel.
let it be official . .no hidden stuvzz
just muster all the confidence u can gather like you said. . wink
Re: Just Friends by tammyswits(f): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hannibal:

Lay all your cards on the table for her. . . . . . At this point, u got nuthing to lose.
If she plays ball(fyne), if she refuses your offer. . . . .Move on.
There are many pebbles on the beach. tongue
i disagree with the pebbles part,but its true just let her know wat you feel, maybe she was scared of admittin how she feels 4 u cos she thinks you dont feel the same. take it like a man! cool
Re: Just Friends by proudly9ja(m): 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2008
first for poster:
Like most people here have said, tell her how you feel. Make the first move and see her reaction. Dont be dismayed if she says no or she wants u to be just friends. Wait for her. Give her time and enjoy what you have as friends.

for some posters:
Y do we always equate going into a relationship with sex. Im not trying to sound righteous or anything but I do think that that a guy asks a girl for something more serious than friendship should not be equated to time to start having sex by either party.
Thats my take anyways. I wont say more than that.
Re: Just Friends by lexicon(m): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2008
Not every news behind a relationship is about sex.get dat right
Re: Just Friends by justkunmi(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2008
disturbed
like i said before, tell her how u feel already, and see how she reacts. .
Re: Just Friends by agwoko: 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ phanthom

U c urself ur first comment 4 nairaland na 2 insult person.
Re: Just Friends by deept(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2008
my guy, tell her how u feel, else someone else will beat u to it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. and if she doesnt see u in that light now or in the future move on

u will just become ''FRIEND''. The earlier the better b4 ur present relation ship becomes ï love you like a brother".
Re: Just Friends by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2008
Maybe she's already in a r/ship

(1) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong With Me? / Have You Cheated Before? If Yes, Is It More Fun Or Remorse. / Am In Luv With My School Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.