Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,752 members, 7,972,709 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 04:37 PM

So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? (1289 Views)

Mbalula Posts A Raunchy Photo Of Maheeda, Claims His Account Was Hacked / See What A Guy Saw On His To-Be Girlfriend’s Display Picture” dt Got Him Thinkin / Meet Abuja Big Girl Who Dumped Her BF & Payed 10million Naira Into His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by femi4: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2008
Being financially ok is one of d factor affecting Nigerian men 2day in settling down ontime.So, tell me wot u have in your account b4 taking her 2 d altar.I need response(s) 4rm d married or experienced men
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2008
hmmm. undecided
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by superstan(m): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2008
u need about $20,000 for the wedding of which u can recoup about $8,000 back in various gifts and cash.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by tope2000(f): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2008
Here we go again, u dont have to be millionaire or have bulk of money saved to get married, as long as u having an understanding woman

1 Like

Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by ssRhino: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2008
I will say, do the calculation of how many people you wanna invite for the wedding party, make sure yu have the money to sustain the wedding, then, u need to have an extra enuf money to take care of your bills for another few months, and enuf to sustain your family and ur new family as well for some months.
So the cost of the wedding and extra 300K naira shd be aiight, but pls, this is based on if you have a good salary oh
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by superstan(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

Here we go again, u don't have to be millionaire or have bulk of money saved to get married, as long as u having an understanding woman

this is what women tell us before the wedding.

after getting married, they start sleeping with men to balance up the accounts.

if a man is not financially strong, delay your wedding. don't let your spouse rush you into marriage that is bound to brew problems.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by ssRhino: 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

Here we go again, u don't have to be millionaire or have bulk of money saved to get married, as long as u having an understanding woman

show me an understanding woman and i will show u one that is yet to be born.
no woman wanna soak gari in a marriage.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by naijadiva2(f): 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2008
just make sure that you have enough so in case you go over budget, you won't be going crazy and worrying about life after marriage. but all in all, use common sense.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by tope2000(f): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2008
superstan:

this is what women tell us before the wedding.

after getting married, they start sleeping with men to balance up the accounts.

if a man is not financially strong, delay your wedding. don't let your spouse rush you into marriage that is bound to brew problems.
well i think it is bullshit
also some guys just like using I'm not financially stable as xcuse not get married

$$Rhino:

show me an understanding woman and i will show u one that is yet to be born.
no woman want to soak gari in a marriage.

of course no girl want to soak up garri everyday but u know there are some understanding woman out there that would not mind.
im understanding grin, if my husband doesn't have than i will be willing to help out without rubbing it in his face like some woman do
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

im understanding grin, if my husband doesnt have than i will be willing to help out without rubbing it in his face like some woman do
can i pls have a piece of u. seems 2 gud to be true though
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by ssRhino: 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

also some guys just like using I'm not financially stable as xcuse not get married

of course no girl want to soak up garri everyday but u know there are some understanding woman out there that would not mind.
im understanding grin, if my husband doesn't have than i will be willing to help out without rubbing it in his face like some woman do

I will blv you, but when someone is lying, he/she will know na lie, but i will blv you, cos there is no way for me to verify the truth.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by tope2000(f): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2008
jay bee:

can i please have a piece of u. seems 2 good to be true though

i dont give piece of me to any1, it either u want me as a whole or nothing at all
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by tope2000(f): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2008
$$Rhino:

I will blv you, but when someone is lying, he/she will know na lie, but i will blv you, because there is no way for me to verify the truth.

Not all girls are after MONEY
i think we live in more civilised world now, so i think woman too should have financial responsibilities in their marriage not just the guy
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by superstan(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

it is a very good point.

some churches in nigeria now draw out the requirements a man must meet to put a woman in his house.

how can one stroll blindly into marriage without a good financial support? women can be very selfish.

marry me, marry me and when the guy does without a solid financial base, cat-fights and name calling starts.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by ssRhino: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

Not all girls are after MONEY
i think we live in more civilised world now, so i think woman too should have financial responsibilities in their marriage not just the guy

no matter how civilized the world is, women will still forever wanna be with a man that cld take care of all things, and they anna use thir own money to relax and paint nails, infact, if the man can even pay for that as well, they will be glad.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by tope2000(f): 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2008
superstan:

it is a very good point.

some churches in nigeria now draw out the requirements a man must meet to put a woman in his house.

how can one stroll blindly into marriage without a good financial support? women can be very selfish.

marry me, marry me and when the guy does without a solid financial base, cat-fights and name calling starts.

lol, i know where you are coming from
but i have been a firm blver that i would rather struggle with my husband and both make it together than marrying some1 already rich 4 some odd reasons that i dont even know why i always want that but the scary part of that is you guys will then leave a woman that was there with u during hard times to marry sum1 have ur age.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by tope2000(f): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2008
$$Rhino:

no matter how civilized the world is, women will still forever want to be with a man that cld take care of all things, and they anna use thir own money to relax and paint nails, infact, if the man can even pay for that as well, they will be glad.

if the guy does have the money then that is cool but if he doesnt and woman knows then 2 me that is selfishness
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by ssRhino: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

if the guy does have the money then that is cool but if he doesnt and woman knows then 2 me that is selfishness

if this is truely who you are, then sis, that is nice, and i wish yu all the best.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by superstan(m): 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2008
tope2000:

lol, i know where you are coming from
but i have been a firm blver that i would rather struggle with my husband and both make it together than marrying someone already rich 4 some odd reasons that i don't even know why i always want that but the scary part of that is you guys will then leave a woman that was there with u during hard times to marry someone have your age.

struggling with husband has got boundaries.

do u want to soak garri everyday? u better find someone with good prospects to marry rather than stick to a chump.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by ssRhino: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2008
superstan:

do u want to soak garri everyday? u better find someone with good prospects to marry rather than stick to a chump.

lol
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by kanayo74(m): 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2008
all u need is what you can afford.
u cant need what you cant afford if u dont have a means to get it.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2008
N1:50k grin grin grin
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by smooooooth: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
for me 2 hearts in love, and with good prospect for the future can get married with a zero account balance. cos its only love that can survive all the many problems marriage bring. money can come and go, then you get to know the real person you married.

but if you really want a figure, 500,000 naira is a very strong platform to start from.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by badboym: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2008
For me,it's when am financially okay and when I say that,I mean big bucks.Owning various companies and worthing atleast hundreds of thousand dollars but then the potential wife too should be worth something thereabout or even more.I no fit go marry one sorry poor bitch wey go come dey chop money wey im Father no work.Girls go ahead am criticize.I dey for una.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by badboym: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2008
For me,it's when am financially okay and when I say that,I mean big bucks.Owning various companies and worthing atleast hundreds of thousand dollars but then the potential wife too should be worth something thereabout or even more.I no fit go marry one sorry poor bitch wey go come dey chop money wey im Father no work.Girls go ahead and criticize.I dey for una.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by sistawoman: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2008
superstan:

I agree it does have its boundaries, but those would with a man with no drive. But then why would I marry a man with no drive. I would rather struggle with my husband and make it together then to walk into a marriage unevenly yoked.

Women of course don't want a man with nothing, that is a woman that has something. Most of us women work our buts off now adays and therefore we want to be evenly yoked with a man that is also working and saving and take care of himself. We dont just quit our jobs the next day and lay around the house. After the wedding we work and build our life and the life for our family together.

I get sick and tired of hearing men say that women just use their money on themselves, not a real woman. In a real marriage both parties contribute to the upkeep of the home. How else do you suspect we will have all we have. A husband and wife can get so much farther with two incomes vs one.
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2008
depends on where she's from.

if she's from the east, berra make sure u have millions

some parts u get to pay only N25 bride price

some people pay you to marry their daughter.

that's why i love this country. there's something for everyone grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by foye57(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2008
I agree it does have its boundaries, but those would with a man with no drive. But then why would I marry a man with no drive. I would rather struggle with my husband and make it together then to walk into a marriage unevenly yoked.

Women of course don't want a man with nothing, that is a woman that has something. Most of us women work our buts off now adays and therefore we want to be evenly yoked with a man that is also working and saving and take care of himself. We don't just quit our jobs the next day and lay around the house. After the wedding we work and build our life and the life for our family together.

I get sick and tired of hearing men say that women just use their money on themselves, not a real woman. In a real marriage both parties contribute to the upkeep of the home. How else do you suspect we will have all we have. A husband and wife can get so much farther with two incomes vs one.
[quote][/quote]

thats a real woman talking! u'll know one when u hear her talk. kudos!
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by iz2much: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2008
As for me i dnt think there any anount too big for ma wedding so far am getting married to some1 i want and love, no big deal am spending big time
Re: So,how Much Do U Think One Should Have In His Account B4 Thinkin Of Marriage? by Easybaby(f): 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2008
You must have millions in ur bank account tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

The Story Started 2--3years Back. / I Love Her But She Sleeps With Another Man / Do Nigerian Women Really Have Listening Ears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.