Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,684 members, 7,902,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nairalanders Save My Soul. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairalanders Save My Soul. (661 Views)

Nairalanders Save Me! / Please Save My Soul Request (what Can I Do With My Short Code Business?) / Please Help Me Save My Business! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Save My Soul. by kayzoh(m): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2008
i need info on start a publication,its a campus magazine, it will cover day to day lives of studets,tips,gist and all that.i really wanna make a success of it and i need all the help/advice/luck i can get, nairalanders,help me out!
Re: Nairalanders Save My Soul. by naijacutee(f): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2008
Are you a student? If so, what would interest you in a magazine? If you're not a student, then what do you think students will want to see in a magazine? Interview people. Find out what they want. The best way to make money is by solving peoples problems, and putting them first. If you're thinking for your pocket only, it would be very hard to convince people to use your service. Think of how you can help students, and engage them at the same time. Are they looking for relationships, then put a dating section in. Are they looking for relationship advice? Put an agony aunt section in. Are they looking for accomodation? Charge landlords to advertise their property. Are they looking to buy/sell their used book? Put a trade section in. Are they looking for the latest events/parties? Put an event section in. Whatever you do, ask people and find out what they want, and then go with that.

That is the core of your intended plan - Your customers. Printers, Magazine publishers etc are only stage 2. If you have a nice looking magazine containing othing that is beneficial to anyone, of what profit is it to you, or to your customers?

(1) (Reply)

Bank Questions? / Fellow Africans In The UK, Let's Wake Up / Definition Of Self-centredness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.