Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:52 PM

Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final - Sports (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final (32775 Views)

Poll: Olympics Soccer: Nigeria versus Belgium

Nigeria wins: 90% (179 votes)
Belgium wins: 9% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final / Nigeria 4 Belgium 1 / Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2008
superstan:

have u seen the argies?

the last time messi met siasia's team, nigeria bit the dust to sheer cheating and cleverness.

messi is a livewire. brilliance plus cheat. cheesy

his godfather, maradona is watching the game right now and argentina has stopped brazil from playing.

You know our guys are not intimidated by anybody or country all I know when get to that field they know the tricks and tactis to apply
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
xyoung:

@onyiye,presido
naija bois really use OTIAPIAPIA
didnt u see it?
Ah come on mayne. what you tryna say?
rampant:

sweetheart avoid trouble,even when its staring at u on your face wink wink
I see. I see. I'll let it go this ONE time.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by FBS: 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
38th min, 0-0
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by metodman(m): 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
I WISH I WAS NOT AT WORK TODAY, cry
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by thendo(m): 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ metodman, i stay in johannesburg and you?
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
xyoung:

@rubi
@mekk

May all dose hu plan evil against  naija perish in dier mama ASS.

TALKIN 2 D 2 OF You

Me kee plan evil say wetin happen? It's naija or never just wish them the best thats all they required from you nothing more nothing less
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
But on the real. . . . Argentina is pretty good. You have to admit that. So i can't really say that Nigeria has this one in the bag. . . . you know Argentina could come out of no where and win Gold. . . . and take it back to their home.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by xyoung: 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ONYIYE
i mean those nigerians<3 of dem> are suspected of using JUJU and
PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS.<EPO and THG>

IOC will have the final say

culled from www.football365.com
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Emperoh(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2008
Anyone watching the Brazil Argentina game?
Whats the situation like and does anyone fancy our chances in the final?

I bet its like we will be meeting Argentina if we go by pedigree
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by thendo(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ mekk, ease up man we all know when it comes to soccer you outdone us hands down and if you check my post you will realise that i dont dispute the fact that you  stand a good chance of winning the gold,
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by gabelogan(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
Emperoh:

its half time, the game is still tied 0-0
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by xyoung: 2:47pm On Aug 19, 2008
@FBS

wher ar u watchin d match?
any live commentary?
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2008
onyinye2:

But on the real. . . . Argentina is pretty good. You have to admit that. So i can't really say that Nigeria has this one in the bag. . . . you know Argentina could come out of no where and win Gold. . . . and take it back to their home.

smart talk.

u sound very intelligent, are u a football fan?

Emperoh:

argentina has the upper hand.

it seems lionel messi wants to redeem his image and win individual awards this year.

he is wrecking the samba boys with his quick feet. can we beat argentina?

unless messi and aguero and riquelme gets injured. even with that, they'd still have gago and mascherano.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by babaibadan(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2008
You can watch the match live on nbcolympics.com, if you are in the US, telemundo dey show am on Comcast
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2008
Emperoh:

I hope we play Brazil. I am routing for Brazil
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Seun or anyone pls keep us posted when next Nigeria is playing plsssssssss I beg you. It is hard for me to put a track on this olympic schedule.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by babaibadan(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2008
So far, Brazil looks like Shooting Stars of Ibadan playing Barcelona grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Iyineda(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
Half time in the Brazil vs Argentina game.
1. The Argies are more aggressive and create more chances of scoring.
2. The game is quite tight, defence rules here.
3. Messi is a messiah. grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2008
rubi:

@ Seun or anyone please keep us posted when next Nigeria is playing plsssssssss I beg you. It is hard for me to put a track on this olympic schedule.

Saturday 23 August

Men

0500-0800: Gold medal game

According to BBC
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2008
xyoung:

@ONYIYE
i mean those nigerians<3 of them> are suspected of using JUJU and
PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS.<EPO and THG>

IOC will have the final say

culled from www.football365.com
Naw i have faith in Nigeria. What happened in that game between them and Belgium was legit. And if anyone wants to investigate anything it is the Chinese woman's gymnastics team.

superstan:

smart talk.

u sound very intelligent, are u a football fan?
Yeah im a fan. Not just pride wise, strategic wise.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by 2abet(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2008
wow! that was a great match.4, 1. in favour of nigerians grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2008
Iyineda:

Half time in the Brazil vs Argentina game.
1. The Argies are more aggressive and create more chances of scoring.
2. The game is quite tight, defence rules here.
3. Messi is a messiah. grin

can the nigerian defence cope with messi's trickery and brilliance?

i remember him diving twice in 2005 to earn 2 penalties that gave them the cup.

they know how to con referees to win free-kicks. maradona taught them how to cheat.

onyinye2:

Yeah im a fan. Not just pride wise, strategic wise.

i am glad.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by thendo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 19, 2008
Guys lets rally behind our african team as they tackle one of the South American powerhouses. It would be great if Nigeria can win. wink
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2008
superstan:

can the nigerian defence cope with messi's trickery and brilliance?

i remember him diving twice in 2005 to earn 2 penalties that gave them the cup.

they know how to con referees to win free-kicks. maradona taught them how to cheat.
That is what im saying. Nigeria is no doubt clever and sly when it comes to soccer. We all saw the game against the USA. The used that natural cleverness to beat them. But mind you. . . . Argentina sees the field like a math board. They know how to work the field in all circumstances. So for us to just totally assume that Nigeria will win. . . . is a little ignorant on our part.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by xyoung: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2008
babaibadan:

You can watch the match live on nbcolympics.com, if you are in the US, telemundo dey show am on Comcast

@babibadan
dat nbc stuff is nt workin,
dnt know whose fault it is
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2008
onyinye2:

That is what im saying. Nigeria is no doubt clever and sly when it comes to soccer. We all saw the game against the USA. The used that natural cleverness to beat them. But mind you. . . . Argentina sees the field like a math board. They know how to work the field in all circumstances. So for us to just totally assume that Nigeria will win. . . . is a little ignorant on our part.

nigerians are naturally patriotic. one expects them to gloat and boast even before the game starts.

we have done that as a country many times and have fallen flat on our faces.

argentina are the defending champions of the olympic football and have won every game since the competition started.

if they manage to beat brazil, nigeria will need 13 players to triumph.

i am not saying its impossible but it would take a miracle to beat them.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by mekk(m): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ onyeyin
Glad to know you're hurting. grin grin
learnt it from you,remember? smiley
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by mecussey(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2008
who knows which link is showing Brazil match, Abeg
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by TmeD0(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2008
rubi:

@ Seun or anyone please keep us posted when next Nigeria is playing plsssssssss I beg you. It is hard for me to put a track on this olympic schedule.
Rubi, if you're where your location indicates, then CNBC is going to show the final live on Friday, August 22 @ noon CST (central time).  Peace!

babaibadan:

Baba Ibadan don talk am; the match dey show here.  Dem just wan start second half now.  Peace!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Emperoh(m): 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
onyinye2:

Anyone thinking that playing Argentina in the finals will be an easy task for us should pls wake up from that dream.
I would prefer we play Brazil instead. Messi's trickery, Riquelme's defence splitting pass, Mascherano's agressive midfield work
And then u have Angelo di maria and Aguero to contend with in the defence
But at the same time, i bet we getting to the final also shows our spirit, guile and tenacity. Whatever happens, we will surely answer our name
Believe me i bet it will not also be easy for whom ever wins. Nigeria has as much chance as Argentina to win.
But i totally disagree with anyone saying the finals is ours or just assuming its just a matter of formalities.

Up Nigeria!!!! At least we have a future.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by ayobase(m): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2008
What A Match!!!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by TmeD0(m): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2008
mecussey:

who knows which link is showing Brazil match, Abeg

Try nbcolympics if na states you dey.  Peace!

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

Covid-19: Israel Adesanya Donates Medical Equipment To Lagos / Man City Crowned 2017-2018 Premier League Champions After Shock Man Utd Loss / World Cup 2018: Fixtures For Knockout Games And Kick-off Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.