Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,156 members, 7,900,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 06:39 AM

Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final - Sports (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final (32885 Views)

Poll: Olympics Soccer: Nigeria versus Belgium

Nigeria wins: 90% (179 votes)
Belgium wins: 9% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final / Nigeria 4 Belgium 1 / Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2008
mekk:

@ onyeyin
Glad to know you're hurting. grin grin
learnt it from you,remember? smiley
Oka you tolotolo boy. My name is ONYINYE. . . . oka you got that osuofia. Now hapu m aka now, cause i will surely finish what you started. ewu.

superstan:

nigerians are naturally patriotic. one expects them to gloat and boast even before the game starts.

we have done that as a country many times and have fallen flat on our faces.

argentina are the defending champions of the olympic football and have won every game since the competition started.

if they manage to beat brazil, nigeria will need 13 players to triumph.

i am not saying its impossible but it would take a miracle to beat them.
Argentina are hungry for that medal and they want it. I support Nigeria all the way. . . . well when it comes to soccer. Anyways although i support them. . . . doesn't mean i will completely dismiss the fact that Argentina is very stragetic when it comes to soccer.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by xyoung: 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2008
superstan:

nigerians are naturally patriotic. one expects them to gloat and boast even before the game starts.
we have done that as a country many times and have fallen flat on our faces.

argentina are the defending champions of the olympic football and have won every game since the competition started.

if they manage to beat brazil, nigeria will need 13 players to triumph.

i am not saying its impossible but it would take a miracle to beat them.

u are nt suure
have u 4gotten wat happend afte Ghana defeated 2-----------1 in CAN.
eeeeeeeeeeeeevry naija dis-OWNED nigeeeria

naijas support d team when d going is sweet but denies anyttttttym it goess otherwwise
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by mekk(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2008
any which way.we have our hands on this trophy.
oh I'm so thrilled.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2008
argentina scores.

sergio aguero!!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Iyineda(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2008
Goal for Argentina !
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Princesege(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
Arg  1- Brazil 0 at 1510GMT
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by FBS: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
that was a handball, argies are freaking cheats, !!!!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2008
Emperoh:

Anyone thinking that playing Argentina in the finals will be an easy task for us should please wake up from that dream.
I would prefer we play Brazil instead. Messi's trickery, Riquelme's defence splitting pass, Mascherano's agressive midfield work
And then u have Angelo di maria and Aguero to contend with in the defence
But at the same time, i bet we getting to the final also shows our spirit, guile and tenacity. Whatever happens, we will surely answer our name
Believe me i bet it will not also be easy for whom ever wins. Nigeria has as much chance as Argentina to win.
But i totally disagree with anyone saying the finals is ours or just assuming its just a matter of formalities.

Up Nigeria!!!! At least we have a future.
To Argentina, the field is literally a math board. I see the way they work the field as if they are one step ahead of their competition. So yeah i want Brazil to win. . .  but then again i do feel that Nigeria can take them. But for that to happen, they need to tighten up on that defense. Because so far, none of the previous teams caught up on how Nigeria lacks in defense and the Thank God for that goalie of ours. But Argentina studies their team so they know their ways. We are great at offense as you can see and weaker in defense. While Argentina is superior in defense and a wee bit weaker in offense. So it will be a very interesting game to watch. To see who will win. Defense or Offense.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2008
FBS:

that was a handball, argies are freaking cheats, !!!!

it was his chest.

brazilians appealed for offside not handball.

the game has now gone hyper---brazil is now playing with urgency and have hit the post.

this is a game no one should miss.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2008
T@meD0:

Rubi, if you're where your location indicates, then CNBC is going to show the final live on Friday, August 22 @ noon CST (central time).  Peace!

McKren:

Saturday 23 August

Men

0500-0800: Gold medal game

According to BBC

Thanks guys
@T@medo I live in US but but my job schedule is too tight for me to keep a track on the olympic schedule I just watched the Naija vs begium before leaving for work with the help of seun's post thanks for keeping me informed
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
goal

argentina scores again.

2-0

sergio aguero.

the way messi danced around the brazilian defence is just outstanding.

siasia has tremendous work to do. messi versus okoronkwo is like maradona versus eguavoen.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Iyineda(m): 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
Nigeria vs Argentina.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Princesege(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2008
Arg 2- Brazil 0 at 1516GMT
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by TmeD0(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2008
brazil is in trouble o!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2008
I told yal. Argentina sees the field as a math board. Just look at the way they work the field.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Princesege(m): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
Brazilian are no match to the Argentines at least for the past 1hour.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by TmeD0(m): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
rubi:

Thanks guys
@T@medo I live in US but but my job schedule is too tight for me to keep a track on the olympic schedule I just watched the Naija vs begium before leaving for work with the help of seun's post thanks for keeping me informed

You're welcome!  If you have a DVR, you can just program the niaja game against what looks like Argentina.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2008
I dont believe its over yet
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2008
onyinye2:

I told yal. Argentina sees the field as a math board. Just look at the way they work the field.

you said so.

argentina are slicing brazil apart.

the triumvirate of riquelme, aguero and messi is deadly.

how can nigeria cope with these world class players?
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Princesege(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
Bra 1- Arg 2.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by TmeD0(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
2 - 1; oops! disallowed.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
brazil hit the woodwork.

ronaldinho's freekick and the rebound was goal bound until pato touched it to scoreline assistant ruled offside.

things are not working well for brazil.

this is the game of the tournament so far.

scores remain 2-0.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
superstan:

you said so.

They are not unstoppable.

If we crowd the midfield, have our wing players supporting our wing backs defensively and vice versa.
And then hit them on the break and take the match to them we can beat them.

If we play as we played against CIV, we will beat this argentine team
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Princesege(m): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
Sorry, the goal was disqualified  I thot. Its Arg 2- Bra 0
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
superstan:

you said so.

The only fault i see with Argentina is their goalie, isn't as fast as the rest of the team. So that could be our advantage. And also notice how Argentina double teams the ball wherever it is. So if Nigeria would always keep help in hand, i see that we can break that plan.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by oziomatv(m): 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2008
I think people should start respecting my word.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2008
T@meD0:

You're welcome!  If you have a DVR, you can just program the niaja game against what looks like Argentina.

I have DVR I will program it when I get home. I am in the office and reading all this post about Argentina and Brazil makes me to want to leave the office and just go home and watch it.
McKren:

I don't believe its over yet

I second hand you
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by FBS: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2008
brazil is playing below par!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

If we crowd the midfield, have our wing players supporting our wing backs defensively and vice versa.

you are speaking my mind
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

No, that is what the Netherlands did one time that i watch them play Argentina. But as i said, Argentina is always one step ahead. The Netherlands had yellow cards flying everywhere.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

civ don't have lionel messi(arguably the best players in the world).

the italian defence(world cup winners) will sweat to cope with messi never mind nigeria .

should argentina win this game, it will be their 11th consecutive victory.

lets be objective. argentina are favourites.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by TmeD0(m): 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

I don't believe its over yet
Yep!  I spoke too soon myself cause Brazil is now showing a serious urgency.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Set To Quit Trabzonspor / Apostle Suleman Gives Tonye Solomon Deeboi N500K After Performing In His Church / Sylvester Igboun Buys Benz C Class To Begin New Russian Season (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.