Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,374 members, 7,929,176 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:23 AM

Can You Trust Your Best Friend? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Trust Your Best Friend? (14572 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Do You Trust Your Kids In The Hands Of Anyone / Polygamism - Can You Trust Your Half Brothers And Sisters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Svchost(m): 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2006
The issue of trusting fiends or anybody is based on being able to accommodate them when they betray or pull something disgusting on you.

If you can swallow that, then you can trust a friend.

I don’t trust people, but I can believe you.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by retro(f): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2006
Svchost:

I don’t trust people, but I can believe you.

Exactly, I don't trust my regular friends, but I believe them.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by babadee(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2006
i trust ma best pals as much as i trust myself because really, everyone needs someone whos there to cover your ass when you fall on your face.

ps: i think all those who are saying that they dont trust anyone really dont have anyone they could trust thats why because life is too short to go about it suspecting everyone of being out to get you so you just trust and hope it goes well.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by dorly101: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2006
Well, I have friends not all are precious to me. But I do trust my precious friends, believe in them
They are good to me we are like family. My answer to the question is Don't trust friends, but rather
trust your precious one.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by sammiek1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2006
i don't trust friends. I only like them and do my best to sustain the relationship. Trust might eventually lead to a heartbreak.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by raphy(m): 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2006
hi all,
nize topic there is an adage tht says show me ur friends n i ll tell him who u are,
i v friends but thy r not my best friends,thre is a friends who sticket closer than
a brother his name is jesus christ.as 4 me i trust nobody. wink wink cheesy grin
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by unit(f): 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2006
who is a best friend
only a supreme being can be a best friend one who wouldn't let you down come rain come shine.friends being human can never be trusted.i'd say know your friends,accept them,give them room to be human but don't trust 100%
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2006
I trust my friends with my life. I have friends (close) who can go to my house today in my absence and have almost become like "sons" to my parents. They  are absolutely free to enter my home anytime. That's how close we are, i can also go to their homes anytime i like. We were 4 who met in college in 2000 and we have been best of friends ever since.

Funny thing is one of them is today engaged to a girl i intended to date in school, i met the girl first and spoke to my friend about it and within 3 weeks my guy had gone behind me to "toast" the girl. Today the guy, girl and i are best of friends that's how much we love and trust each other (it was painful though).
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by SvS(f): 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2006
i have a male friend,thats ma best friend whom i can trust
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by omodudu(f): 12:08am On Jul 05, 2006
Lets get this right first, the meaning of friend: sympathizer, helper, person who is not an enemy.

As for me i trust my best friend to an extent because she has the fear of God in her. she come to my when ever  she want, same with me. we don't hide things from each other, we fight, rebuke, correct and love each other.

U need to choose your friends wisely, work around people that will tell u off when you're wrong, people that will correct u , love u, take  u the way you're. U need to know your friends, test them see who they really r.

One thing i have learnt in life is never to trust people no matter who with the whole of your heart but God
flesh will always fail but God never fails, we are only human. we all make mistakes.

people that r seeking to destroy u, r not your best friend.

Ever peter betrayed Jesus but that didn't change his Relationship with Christ, infact their relationship grew stronger because he repented.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Rottweiler(m): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2006
If someone is a best friend why would that person betray you? Choose the right pal with near-perfect characteristcs! When you choose a friend because his/her dad/mum is rich or famous, what do you expect? Some people don't even know what a best friend is. Most have fairweather friends who would stab them at the slightest opportunity. I have a best friend that I have known him for years. He's not even from my ethnic group. We give ourselves sincere advice whether it hurts or not. Not a friend that would keep telling you your actions are ok even when they are not only because he/she wants to maintain a conflict-free relationship. If I travel out of the country, he's ever available and willing to attend to any emergency needs of my family. He doesn't talk careless; He's frank; He's God-fearing; He's not self-centered; He's responsibly married; He's principled; He knows when to use his iniatives.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IT'S NOT EVERY FRIEND THAT QUALIFIES TO BE A BEST FRIEND!
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Ashiwaju(m): 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2006
y call it a best friend if you cant trust he or she?
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by redroses1(f): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2006
Ashiwaju:

y call it a best friend if you can't trust he or she?
do u trust ur best frnd or not
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Ashiwaju(m): 1:33am On Jul 07, 2006
i ll refer to them as friends and good friends when i cant trust them but when i say best then i mean best! so i sure can trust him/her and even if you get hurt, you move on. its just life!
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by lekan2311(m): 3:20am On Jul 07, 2006
Why won't friend betray you when you never choose the very best as your friend.
Friends can be trust depend on what type you mingle with,
Feel free to choose any Man as friend but make sure you are choosing the right one.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by kenshin(m): 11:42am On Jul 07, 2006
U can only be my best friend if I trust u, not the other way round
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Kendra(f): 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2006
no, because my best friend is a guy
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2006
U Should trust him more then
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Kadeejah(f): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2006
Kendra:

no, because my best friend is a guy
and why can't u trust him? undecided my bestfriend is a guy, and i trust him more than anyone in this planet.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Kendra(f): 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2006
i cant trust him because he was my ex and we decided to remain friends, and i know him ansd wut he can do
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2006
Oh right, thats quite Understandable then cheesy
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Kadeejah(f): 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2006
Kendra:

i can't trust him because he was my ex and we decided to remain friends, and i know him ansd what he can do
oo ic. i get wut u mean my bestfriend is my ex too lol wink
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2006
kadeejah! cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Kendra(f): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2006
yea gurl.
i've seen both sides.
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Kadeejah(f): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2006
Rhodalyn:

kadeejah! cheesy cheesy wink
ahahah ye i been through it all lol wink cheesy
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by shantell(f): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2006
i trust my bestfriends to a level and its very hard for me to trust people so not even up to 90%
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2006
Kadeejah:

ahahah ye i been through it all lol wink cheesy

cheesy U Sure have cheesy tongue
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Kendra(f): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2006
he tells me i can trust him but thatsx wut he said wen we went out too and he breaks it off because he can do better
boys!!
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by kheme(m): 10:23am On Jul 09, 2006
Yours betrayed you so was he/she REALLY your best friend or you only thought so? See there's a difference between "both of you are best friends" and "he/she is your best friend" and "you're his/her best friend"! perhaps, you took him/her as your best friend, but did he/she take you are her/his best friend?? Else, there would be no betrayal!
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by Zufugard: 1:04am On Jul 10, 2006
of course you can trust your best friends. they wouldn't be your best friend if you couldn't cheesy Friends fight, they go through THINGS but the POINT of a best friend is that you have someone to turn to and have around! Dont' be so unhappy!
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by bluenubian(f): 3:39am On Jul 10, 2006
well i wouldnt call anyone my bestfriend, but the girl i hang out with the most have actually slept with 2 of my ex after me, i couldnt trust her as far as i can throw her, but we still good buddies, cause the men have come and go and she 's still there for me, but she's not coming anywhere my future hubby
Re: Can You Trust Your Best Friend? by WesleyanA(f): 5:44am On Jul 10, 2006
I most definitely trust my best friend!! She's the best person in the world and my role model too actually.
my other best friend. . . I'm her role model cool j/k

there are some people you can't trust though. but those should be acquaintances not friends.

like zufugard said: "they wouldn't be your bestfriend if you couldn't (trust them)"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court /registry Marriage / Why Deny Your Husband Food After A Fight? / The Challenges Of Being The 1st Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.