Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,962 members, 7,933,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:51 AM

Homosexualism In Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Homosexualism In Nigeria (6534 Views)

What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2008
OutlukBabe:

well to me, anyone that poke his d*ck inside someone shit chute is sick wether it is with man or woman. Shit is is shit, man or woman.
grin ;Di agree with you jare my sister
OutlukBabe:

What is it then if it is not about sex? homo[b]sex[/b]uality. can't u see what is there - it didnt say homofrienshibility so that we know it is all about hanging out in a bar, drink some bottle of bears, watch football, go home and watch Indecency and self-service yourself. It is not friendship. If it is not about sex and friendship then we may say all men are homos, but this is about putting some d*ick inside another man, muscle tight, veins lined shit box
grin grin grin men this your explanation is graphic illustration at its most vivid, talk about vivi imagination grin shocked
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2008
In the neck of my wood, practice homosexuality at your peril. Animals are termed not to be civilized and yet they do not indulge in the act of homosexuality. Why in God’s name should human beings who have conquered civilization indulge in the act of homosexuality?
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 12:06am On Dec 29, 2008
Homosexualism in Nigeria?  undecided One nation under God.

It should be against the law in a strongly devoted state of worship like Nigeria where religious doctrines strictly denounce and oppose the practice.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by okunoba(m): 3:30am On Dec 29, 2008
Did u guys not go to boarding school in Nigeria. I did and saw many homo acts by students who are probably married with kids today. Some like it short, some like it long, some like it dark, some like it light. Each to his own, who are we to judge.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by JJYOU: 3:34am On Dec 29, 2008
okunoba:

Did u guys not go to boarding school in Nigeria. I did and saw many homo acts by students who are probably married with kids today. Some like it short, some like it long, some like it dark, some like it light. Each to his own, who are we to judge.
some are probably pretending to be married bros
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2008
okunoba:

I attended boarding school system in Nigeria and did not notice any act of homosexuality. Unless you are a participant in such a horrible act, you will not notice it as in the context of Nigeria. Friends holding hands together while working on the street could not be considered an indicator of homosexual act because many Nigerians were oblivion to such act. I did not know that homosexual or even divorcee existed until I left shores of the jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by okunoba(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2008
from Dede1
Unless you are a participant in such a horrible act

Who are u to judge? u so quick to put others down. Awolowo provided free education to ur parents yet u run him down. na wa for u o.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2008
okunoba:

from Dede1
Unless you are a participant in such a horrible act

Who are u to judge? u so quick to put others down. Awolowo provided free education to ur parents yet u run him down. na wa for u o.

If I may recall correctly, it is truly yours that persecuted and sentenced to life the few fortunate Nigerians who attended boarding school as homosexuals. Be mindful that you claimed you saw. I deduced that one can only see the action or act if one was a participant. I had to burst your bubble by informing you that my entire family never benefited from the madness called free-education you claimed Awolowo provided.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by JJYOU: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
you sleep in an open hall in the boarding school so it is normal to see these things. i remember some boys go as far using eye shadows those days. i am talking the 1970's here
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by okunoba(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2008
from DEDE1
Be mindful that you claimed you saw. I deduced that one can only see the action or act if one was a participant.

If I saw super eagles play against England does that mean I also played in the game? Your logic is interesting. if I saw a man steal that makes me a thief also. Where is the logic. To see something is not the same as to participate. If ur parents or anybody in your family went to school in western Nigeria in the sixties they definitely benefited from Awolowo`s free education. Where is the anger from?
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2008
It should be against the law in a strongly devoted state of worship like Nigeria where religious doctrines strictly denounce and oppose the practice.

Nigeria is constitutionally a secular country so we are dangerously becoming a theocratic country if homophobic laws are passed. how has Nigeria benefited from this devoted state of worship . i see nothing bad with homosexuality so why legislate against this
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2008
okunoba:

from DEDE1
Be mindful that you claimed you saw. I deduced that one can only see the action or act if one was a participant.

If I saw super eagles play against England does that mean I also played in the game? Your logic is interesting. if I saw a man steal that makes me a thief also. Where is the logic. To see something is not the same as to participate. If ur parents or anybody in your family went to school in western Nigeria in the sixties they definitely benefited from Awolowo`s free education. Where is the anger from?

Your sense of analogy is not only hilarious but silly. I hope that the people you saw participating in the act of homosexuality were in the stadium and being televised too. By the way, if you watch soccer matches even though you were not one of the eleven players, you participated or involved in the games. If you saw a man stealing a pack, you are an eyewitness and will be required to give evidence. A person who did not see the man stole a pack of cigar would not be involved in the case.

I do not know where you sniffed the anger from my post. For an umpteenth time, my family and I never attended any form of formal education in Western Nigeria.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2008
bawomolo:

Nigeria is constitutionally a secular country so we are dangerously becoming a theocratic country if homophobic laws are passed. how has Nigeria benefited from this devoted state of worship . i see nothing bad with homosexuality so why legislate against this

I know you see nothing bad with homosexuality, but that makes you a needle in a haystack in a nation under God.
Secooler my foot.
Nigeria is not totally theocratic, however, there is a strong connection between church and state and the laws reflect that.   The laws are unnecessarily homophobic but do necessarily promote the morals supported by their religions.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by OutlukBabe(f): 12:18am On Dec 30, 2008
bawomolo:

Nigeria is not a constitutionally a secular state. It is a state that does not recognize one religion as official religion. The constitution recognize the existance of religion that is why sharia law and customary laws are incorporated in the constitution.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 2:44am On Dec 30, 2008
H2O2:

Nigeria is not totally theocratic, however, there is a strong connection between church and state and the laws reflect that.   The laws are unnecessarily homophobic but do necessarily promote the morals supported by their religions.

those laws are homophobic whether supported by religions or not. people seem to forget these religious books are compiled by man.  We are dangerously approaching the intolerance of Islamic republics if these laws are passed.  would you support the morals promoted by amadiora or sango worshipers??  Why oppose sharia law in the North since it supports the moral of the majority in that region.  Secularism is the best equalizer in a diverse country like Nigeria.

OutlukBabe:

Nigeria is not a constitutionally a secular state. It is a state that does not recognize one religion as official religion. The constitution recognize the existance of religion that is why sharia law and customary laws are incorporated in the constitution.

you aren't the smartest of the homophobes so let me break it down a little bit for you.   A secular state is a state that doesn't recognize religions.  The US is a secular but overwhelmingly protestant state.  Sharia law was enacted by the Northern states and not FEDERAL REPUBLIC of Nigeria.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by nnenneigbo(f): 3:10am On Dec 30, 2008
bawomolo:

those laws are homophobic whether supported by religions or not. people seem to forget these religious books are compiled by man. We are dangerously approaching the intolerance of Islamic republics if these laws are passed. would you support the morals promoted by amadiora or sango worshipers?? Why oppose sharia law in the North since it supports the moral of the majority in that region. Secularism is the best equalizer in a diverse country like Nigeria.

you aren't the smartest of the homophobes so let me break it down a little bit for you. A secular state is a state that doesn't recognize religions. The US is a secular but overwhelmingly protestant state. Sharia law was enacted by the Northern states and not FEDERAL REPUBLIC of Nigeria.

ITK
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 3:44am On Dec 30, 2008
nnenneigbo:

ITK
Hey leave bro bawo alone lol grin
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2008
bawomolo:

those laws are homophobic whether supported by religions or not. people seem to forget these religious books are compiled by man.
I am only familiar with one religious book, and that is the Word of the creator - God.
We are dangerously approaching the intolerance of Islamic republics if these laws are passed. would you support the morals promoted by amadiora or sango worshipers?? Why oppose sharia law in the North since it supports the moral of the majority in that region.
Touchy subject of murder. The Constitution cannot contradict itself by usurping people's rights to LIFE.
Secularism is the best equalizer in a diverse country like Nigeria.
Translation, in your opinion, you feel a secular institution is better than a theocratic one. But in my opinion, a properly governed theocracy trumps a secular institution.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 4:37am On Dec 30, 2008
H2O2:

Hey leave bro bawo alone lol grin

abeg no mind that winsh cheesy

I am only familiar with one religious book, and that is the Word of the creator - God.

well does that include the quoran, torah etc? this is a slippery slope if we allow religious laws into the constitution.

Translation, in your opinion, you feel a secular institution is better than a theocratic one. But in my opinion, a properly governed theocracy trumps a secular institution.

a properly governed theocracy in Nigeria? this isn't the Soweto caliphate where there is only one religion. fact remains, we shouldn't be having homophobic laws in a secular country.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 4:39am On Dec 30, 2008
H2O2:

But in my opinion, a properly governed theocracy trumps a secular institution.

emphasis on properly governed right. . .

see that is the problem. once an improperly governed theocracy comes about,
the process is irreversible, and but for outside forces, ages will pass before secularism
makes an appearance.

It is precisely why the generals in Algeria refused to hand over power to the Islamists despite
the latter winning democratic elections.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 4:41am On Dec 30, 2008
bawomolo:

well does that include the quoran, torah etc? this is a slippery slope if we allow religious laws into the constitution.
The religious laws shouldn't exactly discriminate, but it's left to the people to pick-and-choose which ones make it into their earthly lawbooks.

a properly governed theocracy in Nigeria? this isn't the Soweto caliphate where there is only one religion. fact remains, we shouldn't be having homophobic laws in a secular country.
Secularism isn't perfect either.  We can continue to work with what we have.
The laws are not purposed to be evil, they only exist to promote the natural order of male-female interactions within Nigerian society.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 4:46am On Dec 30, 2008
doyin13:

emphasis on properly governed right. . .

Correct.

But all forms of established governments and laws are vulnerable to human reinterpretation - secular nations included.

see that is the problem. once an improperly governed theocracy comes about,
the process is irreversible, and but for outside forces, ages will pass before secularism
makes an appearance.
Since the process is already in motion and is irreversible as you mentioned, we can fight for ways to make it better instead of zapping it in favor of a societal experiment that is not promised to work better.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 4:57am On Dec 30, 2008
H2O2:

The religious laws shouldn't exactly discriminate, but it's left to the people to pick-and-choose which ones make it into their earthly lawbooks.

hehehehewhat people.

people as in a cabal serving their own ends, or people as in masses upon masses enacting legal and institutional changes.

More often than not, the former are the motor for change, while the latter are best at producing echoes.

H2O2:

Correct.

But all forms of established governments and laws are vulnerable to human reinterpretation - secular nations included.

there are vulnerable yes. . . . but a system of government underpinned by scribblings from the divine, leaves little room for debate and even
worse eliminates opposition because the laws are sacred.

Significantly you can not have an improperly administered theocracy. Perhaps in the eye of God, but certainly not in the eyes of men.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 5:07am On Dec 30, 2008

history has shown people in majority don't respect the rights of the minority without constitutional safeguards. I don't think picking and choosing is allowed in a theocracy. don't tell the pope or uthman dan fodio to choose lipsrsealed.

no system is perfect given that humans aren't perfect. Theocracy is just more ripe for exploitation than secularism. This can be seen in the behavior of European powers during the 16th to 18th century or even the Aro Cult.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 5:12am On Dec 30, 2008
bawomolo:

history has shown people in majority don't respect the rights of the minority without constitutional safeguards. I don't think picking and choosing is allowed in a theocracy. don't tell the pope or uthman dan fodio to choose lipsrsealed.

On the other hand. . . .a marxist for example will argue, it is the majority that needs safeguards
from the tyranny of a select minority.

So for example, they can bring anthropological evidence where homosexualism is permitted in a society
because the 'select few' that matter have a penchant for tossing salads
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 5:22am On Dec 30, 2008
I will never realistically argue in support of a full theocracy in this present day and age.
hehehehewhat people.

people as in a cabal serving their own ends, or people as in masses upon masses enacting legal and institutional changes.
Leave it to people with carnal minds, aka humans, to defraud laws that are meant to protect.

More often than not, the former are the motor for change, while the latter are best at producing echoes.
No legal institution is totally perfect.  There will always be people who disagree and others who agree with certain forms of government.

Significantly  you can not have an improperly administered theocracy. Perhaps in the eye of God, but certainly not in the eyes of men.
Realistically speaking Nigeria is not 100% theocratic; I dare say it is both secular and theocratic.
In a state consisting of multiple religious sects with clashes in codes of conduct, something's got to give.  The constitution as it stands does not eliminate the citizens from being selective.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 5:29am On Dec 30, 2008
then H202 we place our destiny in the hands of the few.

Kai. . .they would have a field day, those thieving, scheming, power hungry lot.

When it suits them, they invoke the sacred, while at other times, they implore us
that move on, that society cannot stand still.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by TOYOSI20(f): 5:30am On Dec 30, 2008
Homosexuality is everywhere so what gives really!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 5:53am On Dec 30, 2008
doyin13:

then H202 we place our destiny in the hands of the few.

Kaithey would have a field day, those thieving, scheming, power hungry lot.

When it suits them, they invoke the sacred, while at other times, they implore us
that move on, that society cannot stand still.

LOL. We are a republic not a monarch. The people are supposed to have a say in the outcome of governmental policies.
It would most likely be worse in a secular environment. At least 98% of the officials currently in power in Nigeria "say" they have the fear of God in them. What would become of Nigeria if we divert to a godless system? I predict the exploitation and level of corruption would get worse.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 5:57am On Dec 30, 2008
Not even America is free from the tyranny of the few.  When four judges ignore 6 million votes, as was the case in California a few years back, there is a crisis.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 6:10am On Dec 30, 2008
What would become of Nigeria if we divert to a godless system? I predict the exploitation and level of corruption would get worse.

this isn't evident in Nordic countries where "godliness" is not a priority. I would argue the fear of God can be used as an excuse to justify exploitation. this happens in Nigeria and the Islamic republics we love to hate.

doyin13:

On the other hand. . . .a marxist for example will argue, it is the majority that needs safeguards
from the tyranny of a select minority.

So for example, they can bring anthropological evidence where homosexualism is permitted in a society
because the 'select few' that matter have a penchant for tossing salads

hey that's true, the minority can be bosses too cheesy
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 6:17am On Dec 30, 2008
bawomolo:

this isn't evident in Nordic countries where "godliness" is not a priority. I would argue the fear of God can be used as an excuse to justify exploitation. this happens in Nigeria and the Islamic republics we love to hate.
Nordic countries are mindful of the law unlike these self-serving third-world criminals.
Godlessness can also be used to justify exploitation. This happens in America with the gay minority some folks find disgusting.

hey that's true, the minority can be bosses too cheesy
ROFL. I don't want to live in a country where the minority enslave me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Meanings Of "Eh Hen" In Nigeria / Metaphysical Storm SE. Umu Biafra, Nde Wonu! / What Are The Marriage Practices Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.