Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,962 members, 7,933,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:51 AM

Homosexualism In Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Homosexualism In Nigeria (6534 Views)

What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by topkin(m): 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2008
Homosexuality!!! Na wa o! May God help us.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Anubis: 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2008
fyi scientific studies have put the ratio of gays in a given population at 4 to 10%. which means in Nigeria with a population of120-150 million the number of gay = alot. obviously no one is going to come and say they are gay in nigeria caus ethey are going to get lynched period.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by luka1981(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2008
Anubis:

fyi scientific studies have put the ratio of gays in a given population at 4 to 10%. which means in Nigeria with a population of120-150 million the number of gay = alot. obviously no one is going to come and say they are gay in nigeria caus ethey are going to get lynched period.

let talk sense and stop supporting evil, when i was in nigeria, i have only seen one boy who was sexually atracted to me, out of 150,000,000 million nigerians. when you put 20 people (both girls and boys) in a house try to observe their atraction. and you will see the competition. boys will be fighting for girls, and girls fighting for boys,
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by luka1981(m): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2008
i lived in the hostel both in secondary school and uni, i only observe boys making plans on how to get girls even if it is to share one girl among themselves.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 4:54am On Dec 31, 2008
i would say this again, personal observations aren't enough to refute a collection of data. this denial is similar to ahmadinejad claiming there are no homosexuals in Iran
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by romeo(m): 10:29am On Dec 31, 2008
There are too many homosexuals in Nigeria and so what? TOLERANCE will set us free in Nigeria.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by okunoba(m): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2008
@romeo

Nigeria is all about putting other people down because they are different. We do it based on ethnicity, religion, disability, region, sexual preference, accent, just about any difference we see in other people. Acceptance is the key. I am tempted to call Nigeria, the country of hate. We forget that the world is like a rainbow with different colors. That is the beauty. I wouldn`t want it any other way.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2008
okunoba:

@romeo

Nigeria is all about putting other people down because they are different. We do it based on ethnicity, religion, disability, region, sexual preference, accent, just about any difference we see in other people. Acceptance is the key.

I don't buy your argument. Baby fuckers, rapists, and murderers are different, should we accept them too? There is only so much we can accept.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2008
H2O2:

I don't buy your argument. Baby fuckers, rapists, and murderers are different, should we accept them too? There is only so much we can accept.

is rape, murder, and pedophilia between consenting adults? i do agree with assisted suicide if you want to go down that route.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2008
is rape, murder, and pedophilia between consenting adults? i do agree with assisted suicide if you want to go down that route.
You are not contextualizing my post.

He said "Nigeria is all about putting other people down because they are different. . . . . . . . . . just about any difference we see in other people. "

Now my problem with that is, rapists and the likes are also different but that doesn't mean we should accept them.

Moreover, the age of consent in Nigeria is thirteen. So if a 70-year-old man wants to Bleep a 13-year-old would you feel it's okay, just because it's legal?
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2008
is rape, murder, and pedophilia between consenting adults?
You might have heard about stories of Afro-American slaves who consented to being slaves to their white masters.  Even though the "two" adults agreed to the act, in restrospect it is still wrong.

Consent between two adults is not always a yardstick for measuring acceptable behaviors.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by RichyBlacK(m): 10:14pm On Dec 31, 2008
okunoba:

@romeo

Nigeria is all about putting other people down because they are different. We do it based on ethnicity, religion, disability, region, sexual preference, accent, just about any difference we see in other people. Acceptance is the key. I am tempted to call Nigeria, the country of hate. We forget that the world is like a rainbow with different colors. That is the beauty. I wouldn`t want it any other way.

okunoba,

I agree with you here!

The typical Nigerian looks down on albinos, the disabled (mental, physical, etc.), even the poor are laughed at in a country filled with hypocrites going to church every Sunday morning, going to Mosque on Fridays, and still one of the most corrupt geographical spaces in the universe!

I do not support gay marriage, i.e. recognizing gay relationships in such a formal way, only because I do not think the definition of the word "marriage" should be changed. However, I believe we must learn to tolerate the LGBT folks.

I went to coed (mixed) boarding school in Nigeria, and all those who pointed out that they witnessed homosexual practices are on point. Even before I got into boarding school, a friend of mine (a girl) then attending an all-girl boarding school told me about lesbian practices among girls in boarding houses. I still remember an incidence where a boy raped another guy at night. It was the noise from the screams that woke people up. He was deemed to be mentally unstable and he never returned to the school - I think his parents shipped him to London. I knew the guy and he wasn't a violent person, but most think he did it just to have sex. The fellow who was violated was known to behave lady-like but that behavior was his natural predisposition.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 11:35pm On Dec 31, 2008
i agree with you Richyblack, there was a dude in my secondary school whose name was prince. that dude had lady like behavior which folks claimed was due to "spiritual" problems.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by H2O2: 12:13am On Jan 01, 2009
grin grin
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Magz(m): 4:09am On Jan 01, 2009
So I see that my brothers back home have been corrupted by the wicked Western Toubob ways. Really man, Being gay is not African. That's white-man sickness that has been spread. That shit is where diseases like syphillis and AIDS come from, because men and men ain't supposed ta come in contact with eachother like that. I see alot of that crap here in the States too, young dudes all feminine. It's really wack.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by ChinenyeN(m): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2009
In all honesty, I don't think this should actually be an issue. If they keep it to themselves, then I don't see how this could be a problem. People don't need to know. Things were going fine for them until they decided to "come out of the closet". People can go their whole lives without coming out to the public to proclaim their sexual orientation. It isn't necessary, and no one really cares to begin with. Once you start raising awareness, you start raising tension, thereby creating some kind of gap/divide/vacuum/issue that wasn't there before. It's time that could be better invested doing other things.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:27am On Jan 06, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by GagaBoy: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2011
They are lots of Gay men and women living in Nigeria. Stop being in denial. Accept it and let them live their lives. Its not ur place to judge.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Taharka29(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Feministic are you a lesbian
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
GagaBoy:

They are lots of man-lover men and women living in Nigeria. Stop being in denial. Accept it and let them live their lives. Its not your place to judge.
bona fide gay talking, rubbish!!!
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by saraj(f): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2011
luka1981:

let talk sense and stop supporting evil, when i was in nigeria, i have only seen one boy who was sexually atracted to me, out of 150,000,000 million nigerians. when you put 20 people (both girls and boys) in a house try to observe their atraction. and you will see the competition. boys will be fighting for girls, and girls fighting for boys,

You've come in contact with every single person in Nigeria?
It has to be said , fair play to you, you should be in the guinness
book of records.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 6:34am On Oct 24, 2011
One fact I know is this, closet or not, homosexuals in Nigeria are nothing compared to the size in the west. People should stop exaggerating the figure. Fine, we acknowledge there are homosexuals in Nigeria but to give them the kind of importance and figure some of us here are trying to is ridiculous. They exist but in the minority and nothing serious to raise eye brow.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2011
I heard that heterosexual men should be afraid of male Uches. How true is this?
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by ortopazz(m): 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
9ja homo r funy crews,y'al
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by HISchild: 2:17am On Oct 27, 2011
@TPS360, what you saw on cnn is a clear indication of GOD's righteous judgment on the churches for apostasy / spiritual harlotry, as is on the rest of the world. "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" - 1 Pet 4:17-18

All sin is sin, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23, though the type of sin in question is abominable. We should all search our hearts, by GOD's mercy.
----
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." - 1 Corinth 6:9-10 (also, Romans 1:25-27)
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ibime: Gay people always love to believe that many others are closet gays besides themselves. . . . lol. . . . well, newsflash: 99.5% of Nigerian men are straight, whatever you think.

..^^The Nigerian Male Ego Driven Delusions Continue to Haunt the Culture Section of the forum.... grin grin grin
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
He Didn't stop at just 99%....nah that wasn't outrageous enough..he even threw in the ".5"...

Lmfao 99.5% of Nigerian Men are Straight...

..What the hell is wrong with you people lol
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by olddirtyDudu: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2012

1 Like

Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dede1: In the neck of my wood, practice homosexuality at your peril. Animals are termed not to be civilized and yet they do not indulge in the act of homosexuality. Why in God’s name should human beings who have conquered civilization indulge in the act of homosexuality? 

...lol Animals do engage in homosesuality. This has long been proven in the science community

LoL@that post above me.

1 Like

Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 16, 2012
olddirtyDudu: [img]http://ugochukwu.files./2010/05/goodluck-jonathan.jpg[/img]

grin grin grin grin grin Bakassi!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin
grin
grin

cheesy

looooooooooooooooooool. grin
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 16, 2012
Royal-VII:

...lol Animals do engage in homosesuality. This has long been proven in the science community

[size=18pt]LoL@that post above me. [/size]

lol i miss you guys so much! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Meanings Of "Eh Hen" In Nigeria / Metaphysical Storm SE. Umu Biafra, Nde Wonu! / What Are The Marriage Practices Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.