Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,166 members, 7,896,965 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 05:28 AM

What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. (4641 Views)

Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad / Which Of These Countries Is Better, Pls Contribute / Avoid Ukraine If Your Life Is Worth The Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by lepashandi: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2008
What is your professioin abroad - lets talk generally to see if it is worthwhile for others to join or travel abroad.

Anyone who cleans the street, works in Tescos, Bugger King, McDonalds, Drives London Buses, cleans old peoples butts - please dont contribute - we only want to reckon with people doing meaningful jobs not meaningless jobs.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by Thor(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2008
lepashandi:

What is your professioin abroad - lets talk generally to see if it is worthwhile for others to join or travel abroad.

Anyone who cleans the street, works in Tescos, Bugger King, McDonalds, Drives London Buses, cleans old peoples butts - please don't contribute - we only want to reckon with people doing meaningful jobs not meaningless jobs.

It is not worthwhile at all. I would recommend that everybody stays in Nigeria and does not travel. It is the best place on earth (for Nigerians) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

To all of you out there that do work in Tesco, McDonald's, Burger King or Drive London Buses, you are the cement that holds the fabric of normal society together.

After all, not everyone can be sat all day in an Internet cafe sending 419 emails lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by lepashandi: 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2008
mother fucking goats - you can't even read simple topic and contribute - no wonder you have to run away from Nigeria - you can't secure a meaningful job because you can't answer simple questions.

Start your own topics if you want to write anything contrary to my topic - @Siena.

What is that picture for - Is that where you lived b4 travelling abroad - no wonder - now here are better views,

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by nana(f): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2008
Is this topic necessary?
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by lepashandi: 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2008
Siena:

Lepa, your way of addressing strangers says a lot about the sort of person you are.

A typical Nigerian, that can't take constructive critism, without resorting to insults.
Happily, I've long discovered not all Nigerians have the same mindset as yourself, you represent a very, very small minority of Nigerians.

As for what I do for a living, you have no idea.
But, I'D rather do the "menial" jobs you described above, and be honest and upstanding.

I rest my case.

what the heck - stop patronising me

what constructive critisms? dont criticise or construct anything on my thread - answer the topic as it is or write your own - dont say anything contrary to it in the sence of criticising - else - it means you cant read or your are simply illetrate.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by lepashandi: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2008
nana:

Is this topic necessary?

Another person who cant read - is that what you do ?
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by onyinye2(f): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2008
LMAO!!!! grin grin grin This is the funniest thread ever!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by nana(f): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2008
lepashandi:

Another person who can't read - is that what you do ?
I can read,that's why i responded to this topic. But do u expect people to come here to start claiming professions they know nothing about? Moreover,people like u are full of negative shits.If one gets to know u well,i bet ur job aint even all that.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by toshacer: 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2008
@POster

I am an IT consultant - and for people at home - IT is a vibrant field - especially software programming - database etc - try focus on this if you are aiming to come here to make a career for yourself.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by debosky(m): 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2008
I pack white man's shit. . . . . noww is that 'meaningful enough for ya? tongue
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by Thor(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ Lepershandi

People that work and contribute to society are the salt of the earth, whatever their job may be, doctor or cleaner, they all have a place.

I see that you did not post too many street shots of Lagos, even Lagos can look OK through a high powered telescope or from space.  grin grin LMAO

Here are a few shots you missed out  angry angry

I have been so kind as to include a picture of you grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by SeanT21(f): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2008
Haha.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by MrCrackles(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2008
At Lepashandi or Oroboshandi or wateva ur name is!

I fink you r jittery and jealous because your international passport is full of rejections

Less than 100posts and u r running your mouth like a fucking biatch

Anyone has the right to question your naivety and stupidity but they dont have to tell you what they do abroad, ok!A lot of comments here, and people have not said what they do, it shows that people dont see the necessity of this thread

Get a life and stop all this child-ish and immature comments.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by Thor(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2008
The truth is out there tongue tongue tongue

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by jacq(f): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2008
What is wrong being a Nurse or working as a carer ?
i would be too glad to work caring for people that needs it instead of walking the streets selling drugs or doing nothing at all .
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by toshacer: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2008
@THOR -

IS THAT YOU? WHAT A SORRY PLACE YOU ABODE IN.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by toshacer: 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2008
@THOR

HAVE You SEEN PICTURES OF THOUSANDS SLEEPING UNDER BRIDGES IN AMERICA? WHY NOT TELL A BALANCED STORY?

MEANWHILE - HOW ARE THESE PICTURES RELATED TO THE TOPIC?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by mosunade(f): 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2008
"Thor

I wonder why you have to expose your family house on a forum like Nairaland? what is that picture for?

You are ugly anyway.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by MrCrackles(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2008
mosun_ade:

"Thor

I wonder why you have to expose your family house on a forum like Nairaland? what is that picture for?

You are ugly anyway.

grin
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by tpia: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ Thor

I see that you did not post too many street shots of Lagos, even Lagos can look OK through a high powered telescope or from space

what do you mean, even Lagos can look Ok?

You're comparing Lagos to those shantytowns you were raised in?
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by Thor(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2008
Zipedee Doo Dah grin grin grin grin grin grin

Not comparing, Lagos is a shanty town cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by seyibrown(f): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2008
@Lepashandi

You fuckin bootlicker! You think say na everybody go resemble you!

Some of us want to work not rely on hand me downs from corrupt politicians. People like you cannot function in a system where things work! That's probably why you couldn't stay in the UK.

MR/MRS EDINBURGH MASTERS DEGREE!

You still have not been able to provide answers to my questions in the below post.

@Lepashandi

Not everyone has it as good as you. I bet if you were still one of those hundreds of thousands looking for a job after University in Nigeria, You wouldn't think or talk the way you do.

Most Nigerians in diaspora who complain about the situation in Nigeria would love to see the situation change, corruption basically and nothing, nothing at all works. Yes, all countries have their own problems, but it would be wonderful to see a group of leaders who want real change in Nigeria, who care about Nigeria. The problem is our leaders don't. They care about their pockets.

I, like many others in diaspora, am sure want to contribute to moving these country forward. The situation in Nigeria currently doesn't allow us to do something. I am still young and look forward to being able to make a difference in Nigeria when the time comes.

It riles me to hear you insult honest hardworking people. Would you rather they stayed back home and joined the bandwagon of corrupt politicians and office holders or stay back to encourage them.

LEPASHANDI, WITH YOUR MASTERS DEGREE IN EDINBURGH, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR NIGERIA SO FAR? WHAT DIFFERENCE HAVE YOU MADE IN THE LIVES OF THOSE AROUND YOU?(NOT YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY) CAN YOU GIVE ME A BRIEF HISTORY ABOUT YOUR FAMILY? I AM ALSO VERY INTERESTED IN HOW YOU FUNDED YOU EDINBURGH MASTERS DEGREE.
CAN YOU SAY THAT YOU & YOUR FAMILY HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED NEGATIVELY TO NIGERIA?

I will really appreciate very honest answers.

cc: dedeyuim@yahoo.co.uk (just to ensure you get this post)

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by sistajay(f): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ Poster

Yes you Poster, loud mouth, what do you do for a livin?
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by nigeria13: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2008
don't discourage people,  If you as a nigerian end up living in europe. you don die. there is nothing for Nigerian in Europe,  Do not go there. na racism go kill you,  there is high racism in Europe. It is no go.   So if you judge abroad using europe experince that people tell you,  Look I would not live in europe,  no way. I am better of in nigeria than live in europe. but north america is a bit better,  you have racism too,  but not as even 10% of what you have in europe.

Over here you can start a busniess , you build your credit and borrow money from the banks and start your own business. that what most nigerian do. you can start a business with $50,000, and pay the bank back later. the more you borrow the more they give you, and over here. more than 50% of black own thier own business.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by ebariba: 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2008
@Lepashadi

You amaze me!!! Can somebody with a Masters degree actually be this stupid? For starting this thread, u are a disgrace to the educated human race.

So u actually expect people to start posting what they do online? I will respect and value people regardless of their profession.

And what do u actually do for a living that gives u the effrontery to insult people? I am persuaded u are nothing but an empty barrel!!!!
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by pluto04(m): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ Lepashandi

What do you do for a living?
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by nigeria13: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2008
where what this picture taken please,
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by Thor(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2008
nigeria1@@:

where what this picture taken please,

The picture was taken in Lagos

© Ton Koene
An activist for the rights of people living with HIV works his beat in Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by lepashandi: 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2008
una mumu too plenty o.

Thor - u managed to escape that shanty where you took that picture - na wao - no wonder.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by MrCrackles(m): 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2008
lepashandi:

[b]una mumu too plenty o.

Thor - u managed to escape that shanty where you took that picture - na wao - no wonder.

u dey craze, ur own mumu pass classification!
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by lepashandi: 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2008
Brash!:

[b]
u dey craze, your own mumu pass classification!

sho - see persin wey him mouth be like goat dey talk.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by idupaul: 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2008
still no one has had the guts to talk about the jobs, pls dont divert declare ur job, everybodi show ur handwork.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drone Views From Enugu (pics) / Just Shutdown Dubai Yesterday (pics) / Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.