Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,635 members, 7,930,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:38 AM

What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. (4652 Views)

Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad / Which Of These Countries Is Better, Pls Contribute / Avoid Ukraine If Your Life Is Worth The Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by komekn(m): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2008
“we only want to reckon with people doing meaningful jobs not meaningless jobs.”

Please can you bring some clarity to your proposition if you like educate me, and I beg you without insult or sarcasm. What is meaningful to you as the term is relative and a reflection of perspective?

I assume you are linking social standing to remuneration, mostly in the west the social standing of an occupation (I use the term with qualification again its perception led) is not linked to the pay, the ££, the $$ or Euro.

A bricklayer can earn more than a doctor, IT consultant, pharmacist, lawyer etc, etc I have paid my bricklayer/ carpenter contractor in excess of £150,000 in one year and he doesn’t drive a Merc or BMW just a white transit van.

KPECKE (toilet attendant), some will consider it the most humiliating of jobs, these guys in one night (5hrs work) can pick up well in excess £400.00

My assumptions are based on that most Nigerian of concepts, “Money deh talk” as the unit for your measurement of MEANINGFUL
shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by shotster50(m): 3:26am On Oct 04, 2008
@ lepashandi, you are a right tit. Your post deserves a resounding silence,
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by luka1981(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2008
@ lepashandy, you are the most stupid nigeian ever in the history of stupidity.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by beecrofty(m): 5:06am On Nov 11, 2008
@poster, lepashandy=maree=other supporters?? :-Xdumb man, agbaya!! did you really attend Uni Ed.? cos my brother who just finished secondary school can't say these craps.
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by gabbidonbah(m): 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
lepashandi:

what the heck - stop patronising me

what constructive critisms? dont criticise or construct anything on my thread - answer the topic as it is or write your own - dont say anything contrary to it in the sence of criticising - else - it means you cant read or your are simply illetrate.
. No point to use invectives on people who contribute on ur thread.U set the pace what do u do for a living?
Re: What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
So u didn't hear that malaria has killed d poster since 2008 and u r still asking him wat he does 4 a living?.Anyway he is gone.....I mean gun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Kigali, Rwanda The Most Beautiful Capital City In Africa? Photo / Aero Contractors / Why The City Of Chefchaouen In Morocco Is Entirely Blue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.