Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,715 members, 7,938,176 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:11 PM

On Emotions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Emotions (838 Views)

Sex Without Emotions. Is It Possible? / When You See Tears Under A Microscope You'll See Just How Powerful Our Emotions / Undeniable Emotions Unmarried Ladies Face Wen Their Friends Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Emotions by DeepZone: 7:48am On Aug 25, 2008
Can you really manipulate your emotions effectively to suit your needs(without the help of an intoxicant)?

For Eg:
You met this guy and just fell for him but he's a bloody loser. Even though your emotions powered by your hormones are pushing you really hard to hand over your fragile heart to him but you decide to relent and suppress it EFFECTIVELY without ever feeling groggy.
Re: On Emotions by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 25, 2008
No u cant.
u definitely need an intoxicant.
Re: On Emotions by DeepZone: 8:01am On Aug 25, 2008
No u can't.
u definitely need an intoxicant.
What about those people with double personality? Do you know they can do it with no intoxicant or any hard feelings as residue?
Re: On Emotions by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 25, 2008
Deepzone, u like deep things. grin
Everyone wears a mask. As ur comfort level
with this guy increases, u MAY decide to gradually
remove ur mask.
Re: On Emotions by tammyswits(f): 8:11am On Aug 25, 2008
For the rest of us, smoke weed and fly!
Re: On Emotions by topup: 8:15am On Aug 25, 2008
Thinks for a while. . .

Well, I believe the only time you can manipulate your emotions that easily is before you have entered into the relationship in the first place, when it is still in the 'we could be' phase.

I believe in the scenario you gave, you mentioned that the guy was a loser (do you mean personality or financially). I'm slightly confused because I would never be able to 'fall' for a loser (personality).

My overall conclusion is that yes, it is possible to suppress your emotions, this is infatuation, and though the initial pain for me, will be much higher and sharper than that from love, it will die down a lot quicker than love too. It is possible to suppress my emotions because from the description, I have not had the chance to become emotionally involved with the person. There would have to be more than just a one-sided connection from me, for me to through my logic into the wind and jet off with a 'loser'.
Re: On Emotions by DeepZone: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2008
Thinks for a while. . .

Well, I believe the only time you can manipulate your emotions that easily is before you have entered into the relationship in the first place, when it is still in the 'we could be' phase.

I believe in the scenario you gave, you mentioned that the guy was a loser (do you mean personality or financially). I'm slightly confused because I would never be able to 'fall' for a loser (personality).

My overall conclusion is that yes, it is possible to suppress your emotions, this is infatuation, and though the initial pain for me, will be much higher and sharper than that from love, it will die down a lot quicker than love too. It is possible to suppress my emotions because from the description, I have not had the chance to become emotionally involved with the person. There would have to be more than just a one-sided connection from me, for me to through my logic into the wind and jet off with a 'loser'.

it depends, most times you find out about losers through friends that know them or by yourself which takes a little bit of time. There are people you meet and get attracted to them even from afar especially when they open their mouth and talk some sense.

Losers vary in characteristics, he may be rich and educated but very abusive or a drug addict.

(1) (Reply)

girls and older men / [color=#990000][/color]how To Keep Your Relationship / Are Ladies Really The Weak Ones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.