Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,935 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry (7310 Views)

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / Five Ways To Tell If A Girl Has Grown To Being A Lady. / What Is The Most Annoying Habit That Your Boyfriend/ Girlfriend Has? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by vexxy(f): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2005
Well, King, it's a known fact that most women and men end up gaining weight after marriage.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kenflavor(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2005
I feel u DE-KING, thanks that's a nice one u pull

Vexxy I don't agree with u

My mum was still very slim at the age of 67 before her death. If u'd seen her u would think she was at her late thirties, meanwhile she was 67
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by vexxy(f): 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2005
Ken, your mother as well as mine mya be the other women. The ones of whom I do not speak.  I tried to make the point of saying most women, not all women.  wink
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by hotangel2(f): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2005
great.. So u mean people remain stagant after marriage? Please... at least 86% of women and men either gain weight, or loooseeeeeeeeeeeeeee to soooo many weight after marriage! You sooo cannnot be stagnant. Life moves and so would you! rolleyes
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Latoya(f): 4:12am On Sep 10, 2005
u know what? if this guy really loves this gal from his heart so y bother with her size? does he love her size or her? her personalities or what? i am confussed.I dont think this guy love this gal.i will appreciate it if he doesnt even propose to her not to talk of marrying her.he doesnt deserve her at all.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kenflavor(m): 5:23am On Sep 10, 2005
Latoya:

u know what? if this guy really loves this girl from his heart so y bother with her size? does he love her size or her? her personalities or what? i am confussed.I don't think this guy love this girl.i will appreciate it if he doesnt even propose to her not to talk of marrying her.he doesnt deserve her at all.

So u said Latoya
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Latoya(f): 6:16am On Sep 10, 2005
yes i said so,go tell him
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Greatpeter(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2005
Any love with condition isn't love at all.

Unconditional love is pure.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Seun(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2005
I can understand why the guy may not want to marry a girl that is double his own size. And who says love is unconditional? There is no such thing! The only love that is close to being unconditional is a mother's love for her baby. Every other form of love depends on so many factors.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by IAH(f): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2005
Tell them Seun. Only God's love is unconditional. Man is not capable of unconditional love.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by whiteshark(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2005
to me, this issue is beinf over trashed. Even our good lord told us that if your eyes, leg ears or weight causes you to sin, please cut it (her) off. Need I say more?

Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Greatpeter(m): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2005
Is this the beginning of avarta?
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Latoya(f): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2005
Yes uncoditional love is God's.How about true love?
i believe that is what exist in humans.true love has no dos and donts
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Greatpeter(m): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2005
Latoya but if I say I love you no condition should be attached.

Because for the first instance, there shouldn't be a reason for loving you.
It should come naturally, by that the love will last.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Latoya(f): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2005
if u say no condition should be attached means, True love.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Bibi(m): 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2005
GP, Latoya - is this indirect toasting? grin
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Greatpeter(m): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2005
Whatever you twist it to be! tongue

Jealousy grin
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Latoya(f): 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2005
Bibi:

GP, Latoya - is this indirect toasting? grin

what r u on about?
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Greatpeter(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2005
Leave Bibi he has run away.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by iseg007(m): 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2005
it all depends on his basics of his intention....if he does wants to marry his girl only becos she has grown fat........then he shouldnt but if there are several other reason why he even had thots of gettin married then he should use those reasons to surpasss thots of her been fat or if he loves he should advise her on goin on a diet to keep his fire.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kenflavor(m): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2005
iseg007:

it all depends on his basics of his intention.if he does wants to marry his girl only because she has grown fat........then he shouldnt but if there are several other reason why he even had thots of gettin married then he should use those reasons to surpasss thots of her been fat or if he loves he should advise her on goin on a diet to keep his fire.

[center]thank u so much iseg007, that was exactly what I told him the first time he met me about this issue at hand.
I told him that, if there are other good qualities he likes in the lady that surpass her fatness
he should go ahead and marry her because there is no woman in this world that has
100% of qualities u want from her .................. do u know what he said? angry

"She is too heavy for me to carry and whenever she rests her head on my chest (which I love so much)
I would nearly loose my breadth because of the weight" grin cheesy[/center]
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by DEKING3(m): 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2005
@ kenflavour,
kenflavor:

I would nearly loose my breadth because of the weight" grin cheesy[/center]
hahahahaha, that's really rib cracking grin. Are you serious about the guy saying that?

-Now, from the last few posts, esp. vexxy's, not all but most women. Then it suffices to say that the minority of the women would be what the guy wants.

-For those who say true love is unconditional, sorry but I don't think so coz no man/woman is perfect. Like someone said, "you cannot marry someone you're not physically attracted to".
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kamakula: 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2005
Love may be unconditional, but marriage is a contract. If it is my goal to father 2 sons, and my gf who I've been planning to marry tells me that under no conditions will she have any children and after trying a while, there is no way I can change her mind, then the relationship is over. There is no other reasons I love my gf that would compensate for my not having my kids. I can't understand how people think that once you love someone, nothing else should matter. . .its like these people live in worlds of their own. . . which would make them extremely selfish people or extremely naive.

Anyway, the guy said he's tried talking to the girl about her weight and his words fall on deaf ears.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kamakula: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2005
Also, some of you have said that love should be unconditional

BTW Seun, good example, though still slightly wrong - a mom's love for her baby is not unconditional

There is only one love that is unconditional - God's love, everyone else has conditions

There is a couple ways to interpret/reasons for this:

1) God's love is for everyone, technically, we should love everyone, since we don't, our love is unconditional (BTW, we are ignoring the fact that the love we've been talking about is romantic love - and therefore cannot really be compared to God's love for us, or a mother's love for her child, or a brother's love for his siblings, etc

2) Hmm, this kinda goes back to #1, but - the fact that there is ONE person you are suggesting we should love unconditionally means there are lots of other people we don't love as well. Even iff we ignore that what I said in #1 is true, there is still a problem. The problem is the answer to this question: Why do you love person A and not person B. Any answer to that question would be of the form - there are more things about person A that I like than there are about person B. Well, if you love unconditionally, it means you love everything about person A. Unless person A is an alien or not a human being, they will have something in common with person B. So, by definition, for you to love one person unconditionally, you will have to love everyone unconditionally. Since this is not the case, ipso facto, we've proven that you cannot have unconditional romantic love for another person.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by dangel: 6:06am On Nov 07, 2005
At least your friend has a choice. When I got married, my wife was slim, but after 7 years she has grown very fat. She eats constantly and does not want to diet. These photos show how big she has gotten.  shocked

Yes she is eating in both photos. Maybe I should have seen it coming, but what can I do now? Tell your friend to get out while he can!
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by whiteshark(m): 6:52am On Nov 07, 2005
True talk broda man, very true indeed...
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kenflavor(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2005
WAOOO
dangel, I really pity u. How do you cope? J E S U S
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Zizi(f): 11:33am On Nov 07, 2005
Hey what are we talking here? U know I think the guy never even loved this babe in the first place. If U really love her then you could help her take off this weight. Am sure there are alot of nasty habits the guy in question has but am sure the babe stomaches it all. Iseg007 thank U so much for your comments.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by IAH(f): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2005
Zizi:

If U really love her then you could help her take off this weight.

Let's stop talking about love here! If the lady truly loves the guy she should be willing to please, satisfy and allure him by doing her best to keep fit.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by tinygold(f): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2005
The guy still have time to make a choice if the girl don’t want to do something about her fatty, since what attracts him at the first place is her slimy, even though they eventually marry the guy may seek for slim girls outside cos he's not enjoying his wife.

Girls make u exercise urself if ur getting too fat, it works. cos It may be ur turn tomorrow.
wink
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by tamia(f): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2005
i think this guy shuld back out of the relationship before its too late he needs to let her know about her size she shouldn't sit there thinkin" he likes her when he doesn't.

@ Vexxy you sound like a marraige counsellor good job with your advice.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by snazzydawn(f): 10:12pm On Nov 21, 2005
Give me your unconditional love
the kind of love I deserve
even when I grow soooo fat

The way I see it,this guy is a real child(truth has to be told).Is this how he will keep bouncing from one girl to the other simply because "she is too fat for him".What if he leaves the girl and she becomes slim?he will go crawling back to her,abi?The simple solution is,if he is not truly tired of the girl,and truly wants her to change to his taste,let him enroll her in a gym,its quite cheap,or if he can't afford it,he should lovingly encourage her to jog by jogging with her,and encouraging her to go on a strict diet by firmly stopping her from wolfing down portions of junk food.I speak from experience,my guy ran cos I was "too fat".Frustration and anger made me to gym and put myself through all the rigours of slimming,then I finally lost it and had the perfect hourglass figure,I became da bomb,now he is crawling back and my oh my,do I enjoy dealing with him,cos he makes me sick to the guts.Guys?they are truly necessary evils.Ciao!!!
Check me out here http://www.allnigerianmodels.com/Ugo_page.htm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Nairaland Made U Wiser? / Why Do Ugly Girls Marry Every Saturday? And The Pretty Ones Do Ashebi? / So Emotional: Nigerian Lady Writes Very Touching Letter To Her Boyfriend (read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.