Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry (7306 Views)

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / Five Ways To Tell If A Girl Has Grown To Being A Lady. / What Is The Most Annoying Habit That Your Boyfriend/ Girlfriend Has? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by whiteshark(m): 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2005
go snazzy, we all know u r fine....y dont u grow fat ehn
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by snazzydawn(f): 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2005
whiteshark:

go snazzy, we all know you're fine.y don't u grow fat ehn
Whiteshark,didn't you read my reply well?I said I was fat and my guy took to his heels.Now I am slim,and he is crawling like some millipede around me.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by IAH(f): 11:14pm On Nov 21, 2005
Please leave snazzydawn make she dey oppress wowo girls like us. rolleyes
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kenflavor(m): 11:01am On Nov 22, 2005
@Snazzydown
I am very sure u wouldn't have made some comments you made earlier if you had thoroughly read this thread from the begginning.
The guy in question, has done several things to make sure the lady go slim. He adviced her to stop eating snacks, to start jogging daily in their compound and he even asked her to register with a Gym in her area but all these to no avail. So, who do u blame honey? For now, is not that he has left the lady in question he's only contemplating and seeking advice from Nairalanders.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by gina34(f): 11:27am On Nov 22, 2005
All i can say to this is that the guy should force her to go for excercise, and if she refuses threating her,tell her if she refuses to go for it you are through with her for good, coz u can't have a fat woman for a wife and i bet you, she will comply as long she is in love with you.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by snazzydawn(f): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2005
kenflavor:

@Snazzydown
I am very sure u wouldn't have made some comments you made earlier if you had thoroughly read this thread from the begginning.
The guy in question, has done several things to make sure the lady go slim. He adviced her to stop eating snacks, to start jogging daily in their compound and he even asked her to register with a Gym in her area but all these to no avail. So, who do u blame honey? For now, is not that he has left the lady in question he's only contemplating and seeking advice from Nairalanders.
KennyG,okayz,he has done all that and more,do you think losing weight is easy?It is not easy at all,though it pays in the end.Losing weight is easier said than done.Its not just enough for him to ask her to do these things,has he motivated her enough?Its not enough asking her to stop eating snacks,let him take them away from her whenever he sees her eating it,let him jog with her,let him personally register her at the gym and ensure she goes there,if after all these,she refuses to live a disciplined lifestyle(because it all boils down to discipline),then and only then can he tell her,sweetie,its either you slim down,or we will have to call off this relationship.At least the guy loves her enough to tell her what he wanted her to do,mine never gave me a chance,even when I promised to change because of him but he refused.He told me"Babygirl,I want us to stop seeing each other because you have become too fat for me",I felt so stupid and let down.Let him motivate her to be disciplined first because I tell you,something has to motivate you to lose weight,negative or positive.Maybe I will have to post you  a pic of how I was when I was biiig and how I am now,then you show it to this girl,I am really concerned for her,I know what it feels like to be dumped because of your weight.It makes you lose your selfworth,the only thing that made me regain my selfworth was when I lost weight,and my oh my,do I feel good about myself!!!
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by kenflavor(m): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2005
gina34:

All i can say to this is that the guy should force her to go for excercise, and if she refuses threating her,tell her if she refuses to go for it you are through with her for good, coz u can't have a fat woman for a wife and i bet you, she will comply as long she is in love with you.

This particular scenaro ensued between them, Gina, do u know what the lady told my friend via SMS? The good thing is that my friend forwarded the text message to me and that was what warranted me to send in  this topic. She said and I quote[b] "I have told u many times, loosin my weight, I've been trying & bodad, but am not going 2 let it boda me again before I get high BP"[/b] end of quote.
Gina, what do u think about that?

@ snazzydown
The guy and the lady in question are not living under the same roof and I don't think your advice could work when the lady in question still lives with her parent.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by snazzydawn(f): 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2005
Well then,looks like she loves herself the way she is.Let him take a walk and find someone who is slim.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by whiteshark(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2005
which brings to the floor the issue of health... Fat=obesity=poor heart beat=high blood pressure=death=pain and fustration.........If she come die after 4 year wen dem marry nko?? Wat do u think will happen to that guy?? Think about the emotional stress ol boy wil be going thru?? Think folks, think.....
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by legry(m): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2005
Snazzy Snazzy Snazzy i see you have fire in you so let me ask you this before you go all defender of the universe for the female race against wicked men that dont know according to you "love" from what you say when you and your guy met you were slim then you got fat then he dumped you then you got slim now he wants you back i just want to ask you one question WHAT MADE YOU GET FAT!!!,i really i need to know why women do these things to themselves now if your man had not dumped you my guess is you would not have bothered about the fat but since he dumped you you decided to take your health a whole lot seriously and even have it on the web for us to drool at i guess if you had not gone through the dumping stage you would not have bothered about looking the way you do now and i guess we wont have the pics you have now to look at so please give the guys a break on the attack of if you love her you would make her loose weight and encourage her and blah blah blah. my question still remains why did she decide to just turn heraself into what she wasnt, would it be that she got too comfortable, or she did not care about her looks and health anymore because she got a man or what possibly make women do this.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by snazzydawn(f): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2005
legry:

Snazzy Snazzy Snazzy i see you have fire in you so let me ask you this before you go all defender of the universe for the female race against wicked men that don't know according to you "love" from what you say when you and your guy met you were slim then you got fat then he dumped you then you got slim now he wants you back i just want to ask you one question WHAT MADE YOU GET FAT!!!,i really i need to know why women do these things to themselves now if your man had not dumped you my guess is you would not have bothered about the fat but since he dumped you you decided to take your health a whole lot seriously and even have it on the web for us to drool at i guess if you had not gone through the dumping stage you would not have bothered about looking the way you do now and i guess we wont have the pics you have now to look at so please give the guys a break on the attack of if you love her you would make her loose weight and encourage her and blah blah blah. my question still remains why did she decide to just turn heraself into what she wasnt, would it be that she got too comfortable, or she did not care about her looks and health anymore because she got a man or what possibly make women do this.
Legry,get a life abeg.Many factors could make a girl grow fat.For me,I think I did that cos I was so happy,I was in love and I had no worries(serious ones).I kind of relaxed.I f you have also read my other replies,you would have seen that I advised the guy to help her.Kenflavor said the guy had tried his best,if you read further,you would also have seen that I washed my hands off the case.Its all about discipline,not many people are so fortunate to have that.Please I would advise you in your best interest to read replies to posts very very carefully before you take on anybody.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by larger20(m): 6:35am On Apr 22, 2006
Hi

some people remain hot after giving birth, they r called MILF = Mother I do love to f uck
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by dominobaby(f): 9:43am On Apr 22, 2006
From all indications, it seems as if d lady so loves herself the way she is, n he doesn't like her like that. Who knows, he probably doesnt want to be tempted to have extra marital affairs, cos if he's so into slim ladies, his wife is a write off. However, he shd bear in mind that most women get fat after having children, what if he married a perfect slim lady n she after 2 kids got excessively fat, would he divorce her then?
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by eveseh(f): 11:16am On Apr 22, 2006
well he love the girl when she wasnt fat

but now she is fat he said he dont want her that's not right

it means that he never loved her

becos if u love someone it doesnt matter what the person look like undecided
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by eveseh(f): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2006
when she wasnt fat,he used to love her,so what's new about it,if he love her let him go ahead
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Oracle(m): 6:06am On Aug 02, 2006
Just speak your mind
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Teezy(f): 4:05am On Aug 07, 2006
If u're worried about things like her being fat, mayb u shouldnt marry her at all coz truth is u dont really LOVE her!
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2006
Teezy:

If u're worried about things like her being fat, mayb u shouldnt marry her at all because truth is u don't really LOVE her!
story story
eveseh:

well he love the girl when she wasnt fat

but now she is fat he said he don't want her that's not right

it means that he never loved her

because if u love someone it doesnt matter what the person look like undecided
more stories
it is like u girls are fat and your trying to compensate for it?
let me ask u a question. would u buy a shoe just because it make your feet warm and u fill confortable in it? if the shoe does not look good will u buy it?
that the same with women not that am comparing them to a shoe or property , what am saying is simple a container has to look as good as it content.
if she had grown fat over night it means she does not have the guy in mind because the guy would have been complaing when she started adding and she did not take care of her self
who wants to marry a dumb round woman that u wont be proud of? every guy wants to show off his woman. so why not stay sweet. if u were round and he met u then thats good he has made his choice but if u were slim he met u then he expects u to remain slim
but walahi if am the guy i wont come back because u have shown me u have sizing issues. u would get fat tomoro after 2 kids and then it is hell. u would then force me to look outside for more beautiful ladies. men i don't want a divorce in my marriage so i think u should better work on it and stop making your self fell foolish. go take care of your self.
women love with heart men love with eyes
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by adconline(m): 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2006
Nothing is wrong with this man; he wants his woman to know his intentions. Most times women don’t get it that there is something special that draws you to a woman, when that thing is gone, men may look elsewhere. Just like women don’t just fall in love, it must always have a reason, may be his looks, career, personality, mannerism, success, charisma and lots more. In most cases, women don’t settle for any how  guy and men should not either.

Women have their priorities straight when it comes into a relationship, I will not date  a non graduate, a short guy, a jobless guy, a guy who has an accent, a guy  who is not financially stable, a guy who does not have a car, a guy who does not have his own place etc.  And when a man says, I don’t like my girlfriend because she is gaining a lot of weight, and when I met her, she was slim and tender, now she is big.  We say lets crucify him for saying his mind.

Bottom line, the same way you would dump a guy for not picking up the tab when its really his responsibility is the same you should get dumped for getting fat and listening only to yourself. Let us be less selfish and more responsive and it shall be well with us.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by jaybaby(f): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmmm Fat-Problem
Slim-Probem

wetin person go do naw?
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by ell77(f): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2006
There seem to be a lot of good points on this post, funny enough I can't say I disagree with any1 although there are lots of different opinions. I advise the guy to leave the relationship and re-evaluate his idea of marriage. He does have the right to marry whoever he wants, however he wants, but you can't control people so this is what he must look for: Someone who is health conscious especially in matters of the weight (ALso I hope he looks the same as he was when he met her men hav a tendancy to not see these things in themselves when they hookup with a girl). If she not only values remaining slim, but you always see her going to gym or running or eating healthy, she is more likely to remain slim throughout the marriage.

BUT I thought some men prefer women with weight though!

Anyway even if u do find this slim 'health freak' woman - giving birth does leave baby fat, and even before that, getting married often puts on weight (like people have stated in this topic) even though some do more than others.

I guess 2 issues are raised:
1-IF you love someone shouldn't u try to make urself attractive for them?
2-Is marriage based on looks - remember the vows pls. If tomorrow u have an accident, the lady who is fat may look after u and love u more because she understands the physical does not equate to the love she feels for u, meanwhile the slim health freak may feel she can do better! What is more important to u? In time u will both grow old and wrinkly, the person who likes u will ignore the fact this is happening as they feel trapped in the relationship anyway (until they can get rid of u oh), but the person who loves u will see ur blemishes and love u still.
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by lc123: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2006
cool
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by dremoney(m): 1:00am On Feb 11, 2008
This thread flashes memories of the beginning of the end of my last relationship.

Apart from her excesses which is normal n deserves a second chance, she was gettin bigger by d day n was nt ready to consider ow i feel bout it(this very issue really pissed me off because her physic requires her to b fit to b attractive), she was relaxed,not bothered( she has me i guess was on her mind ) "If u can't love me d way i am, then your never gon na love me" True love's Blind" normally's her anthem.

Can u imagine? wetin concern true love wit say u dey grow fat? Anyway,i gave her  chinese packing n before she knew it, her conclusion was my love asides never bn blind was wearing a GUCCI frame cheesy!!!! rubbish
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by zheroes(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2008
@ poster,

did she grow fat overnight?
Re: His Girlfriend Has Grown Too Fat For Him to Marry by TOYOSI20(f): 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2008
zheroes:

@ poster,

did she grow fat overnight?

I wonder embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Signs You're Falling In Love / Two hot Girl Dancing And Twerking On Crazy Jeans With There Big Butt dance Neked / I Just Luv 2go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.