Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,045 members, 7,949,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:07 PM

How Do You Control Your Emotions? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Control Your Emotions? (2038 Views)

Sex Without Emotions. Is It Possible? / Why You Should Control Your Emotions And Never Let It Override Your Common Sense / Ladies How Do You Control Your Guy In A Situation Of Konji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Control Your Emotions? by tommy2k2(m): 8:56am On Sep 05, 2008
Have anyone once had this experience befor, You just met this him or her,and you guys were more than just friends and u guys feel its kool dating each other, will u just pour out ur whole love on him or her just bcoz u cant really do witout him or her, can u really control the emotions of being patience tryn to know him or her more, i think its not really easy cos i found it difficult to control mine xpecially when im in already, what can we do if we can or canot controll it.?
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2008
use your spell check next time
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2008
tommy2k2:

Have anyone once had this experience befor, You just met this him or her,and you guys were more than just friends and u guys feel its kool dating each other, will u just pour out your whole love on him or her just because u can't really do witout him or her, can u really control the emotions of being patience tryn to know him or her more, i think its not really easy because i found it difficult to control mine xpecially when im in already, what can we do if we can or canot controll it.?

What can I say. . . . . . . . , nothing wrong with expressing urself, cool

It essentially depends on how well u are able to express urself. . . . .

and I guess u learn how to control ur feelings as time goes on. . . . . .
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by iice(f): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2008
Where is some good old fashioned deep burning hate?
I tire for all these 5 seconds love thing.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 05, 2008
Somethimes it happens, but be careful. Try to control your feelings. If the other person dosent feel as strong as you do yet dont push him/her. It gets scary when you start making everything so intense at an early stage.

@ Hollandis mind yourself oh.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2008
Ujujoan:

@ Hollandis mind yourself oh.
Uju nwanem keduka ?Tgif
ohhh that? I was giving him a toe in the hole grin
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2008
hollandis:

Uju nwanem keduka ?Tgif
ohhh that? I was giving him a toe in the hole grin

I'm sure he appreciates but I think you have better things to do. How about calling your girl, I think she has a date with one guy this evening wink
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2008
Ujujoan:

I'm sure he appreciates but I think you have better things to do. How about calling your girl, I think she has a date with one guy this evening wink

shocked I actually misplaced her number .I have sent her countless emails to no avail undecided
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by 2reign(f): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hi Tommy2k2,

i can confirm what you feel is normal.  however in this world of ours you cannot afford to throw your 'feeling' all around.  why,  the world is evil.  'the heart of men is evil above everything'.   your feelings will be misread, misinterpreted, not reciprocated.  you might even be hurt.  now you do not want that.  What then do you do.  Try to study books, articles written by relationship experts.  we go to school to read and write.  so we read about topics and issues of life.  relationship especially.

i was once like you.  everyone took me for granted.  i just loved the more until,
i met (through) reading this relationship expert Michael Lee.  I took his course.  I read his books.  now i am loved by all.  i even have one of the hottest guys in town!  Believe me,  How, click on http://pinurl.com/d85
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
hollandis:

shocked I actually misplaced her number .I have sent her countless emails to no avail undecided

Eeyah, its a pity, she's 'doing it' with him. Maybe you dont 'perform' well grin
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by nana(f): 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
As for me,i let that feeling die in me. Am not just bold enuff to 'fess my feeling towards anyone.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by agaba123(m): 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2008
nana:

As for me,i let that feeling die in me. Am not just bold enough to 'fess my feeling towards anyone.
better get bold. You can only die once angry
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by nana(f): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2008
agaba123:

better get bold. You can only die once angry
Lmao! Am bold when it comes to telling someone how much i dislike him or her. grin
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
Ujujoan:

Eeyah, its a pity, she's 'doing it' with him. Maybe you don't 'perform' well grin
Yes Maybe
A trial will convince you tongue
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by agaba123(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
nana:

Lmao! Am bold when it comes to telling someone how much i dislike him or her. grin
Because you do not care about rejection. But the fear of rejection is the begining of cowardice grin
You are afraid he might not be feeling the same or he might take advantage of you because you started it. That is accepting the position carved for you by society and men grin grin
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by spikedcylinder: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2008
If the feelings are very mutual, there would be no need to control.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by nana(f): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
agaba123:

Because you do not care about rejection. But the fear of rejection is the begining of cowardice grin
You are afraid he might not be feeling the same or he might take advantage of you because you started it. That is accepting the position carved for you by society and men grin grin
Agaba,free me o. Arghh!
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by agaba123(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2008
nana:

Agaba,free me o. Arghh!
Abeg agaba no hold you oo lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by topup: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
Don't try and control it, just give the relationship your all, so you have no regrets, however, if you mean, declaring your undying love for someone after the first meeting, I believe try your best to use logic, let your love show through actions, you don't need to say you're madly in love with someone, you can always show it.

If you try and hold back your emotions, yes you'll think more rationally, but at the same times, there are more regretas through rational decisions than irrational decisions.

You may cringe that you were professing your love for someone who took you for a ride, but you may feel absolutely terrible if you knew you broke up with your girlfriend because friends were telling you that you needed to focus on your career first.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by sistawoman: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2008
The way I have controlled my feelings in the past were to not focus or think of the person all the time at the beginning. to fill my time with my friends and family and other people. To be careful not to spend too much time with that person.

Start things slow and get to know them. Conversations over the phone limit them to just a couple per day. Dates to 2-3 x's a week after the first 4 weeks. wks 1-4 dates once a week.

By not making my life surround theirs I can slow it down and evaluate it better.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2008
sistawoman:

The way I have controlled my feelings in the past were to not focus or think of the person all the time at the beginning. to fill my time with my friends and family and other people. To be careful not to spend too much time with that person.

Start things slow and get to know them. Conversations over the phone limit them to just a couple per day. Dates to 2-3 x's a week after the first 4 weeks. wks 1-4 dates once a week.

By not making my life surround theirs I can slow it down and evaluate it better.

More like pretending thats more severe
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by sistawoman: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2008
hollandis:

More like pretending thats more severe

No protecting my heart
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2008
sistawoman:

No protecting my heart
its already encased in the rib cage so why do you need extra protection?emotional protection to start with sad
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by sistawoman: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2008
before marriage when i was dating i had a rule:

You could not meet my kids until we have been dating 6 months. Do this forced the r/s to slow down. I think if people took things slower they would find that after the infactuation, surface stuff that you are presented with wears off you will really know how you feel about the person. Most men never made it pass 1st base or 6 weeks.

Thus the need to limit contact. Once you start that I must talk to you, see you everyday thing you feel obligated and start to force the feelings. Just slow it down and protect both parties.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2008
sistawoman:

before marriage when i was dating i had a rule:

You could not meet my kids until we have been dating 6 months.  Do this forced the r/s to slow down.  I think if people took things slower they would find that after the infactuation, surface stuff that you are presented with wears off you will really know how you feel about the person.  Most men never made it pass 1st base or 6 weeks.

Thus the need to limit contact.  Once you start that I must talk to you, see you everyday thing you feel obligated and start to force the feelings.  Just slow it down and protect both parties.

confuzzled
kids undecided You had kids or what
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by sistawoman: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2008
hollandis:

confuzzled
kids undecided You had kids or what

what i ment was before my current marriage.

I met and dated my first husband while in middle school. We met when i was 14 and married at 17. I knew nothing about love and infactuation back then. After that marriage and 3 children i grew a little bit wiser about my choices, plus I did not want my children to see me with this one and that one and waiting 6 months was a good cut off point. Like I said most never made it past 6wks.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2008
current marriage,17,3 children,14years ,"this one"T,cut off point,6months,6 weeks
Now you are begining to scare me !!!!!!!!!
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by sistawoman: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2008
hollandis:

current marriage,17,3 children,14years ,"this one"T,cut off point,6months,6 weeks

lol
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
[Tell me your age
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by spikedcylinder: 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
hollandis:

She was first married when she was 17, had kids. Not married to that person anymore and is married to someone different now.
What's scary about that? undecided undecided
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by sistawoman: 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2008
hollandis:

[Tell me your age

Keep in mind i just got married almost 3 months ago now. And after i kicked my first husband out I did not date for over a year. I just focused on me, my children, my job and my business.
Re: How Do You Control Your Emotions? by hollandis(f): 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
sistawoman:

Keep in mind i just got married almost 3 months ago now. And after i kicked my first husband out I did not date for over a year. I just focused on me, my children, my job and my business.

kicked shocked shocked shocked shocked what!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
From your location you are not based in Nigeria i see
蜞 水落石出朦胧 朦胧

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why nice guys fail / 4 Painful Things That Usually Happen To Romantic Naija Men / 96% Of Nigerian Gurls Dont Smile. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.