Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,891 members, 7,942,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator (80938 Views)

Etisalat Nigeria Statement On Fuel Scarcity / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2008
You mite b rite about the sms pass code not being sent. .

When you're about to confirm the number, nd u still notice uve not received the sms, just use the " Resend sms" Option. .
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Aiyetunje: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2008
Tried that too, . . it says it has been sent on the site BUT it hasnot been received on the fone
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by samir101ng(m): 11:36pm On Sep 10, 2008
All these people rushing and gushing about without having actually experienced any of the services mentioned is without doubt a sad reality of how deplorable nigeria's telecomm problems have become. However, without sounding condescending, MTN, Zain, Glo and all the other telecomm companies have good reputations and offer quality services internationally. But when they came to NAIJA !!! Na there wahala start. Bribe this, bribe that. No light, no security etc. Etisalat may come to this country with the best of intentions but as other telecomm operators have fallen in the same trap, so shall (i sincerely hope not) they unless stringent measures are taken. However, i sincerely hope that i am proven wrong. Goodluck Etislat and wish you a wonderful stay.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by royalyinx(m): 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2008
Still waiting for my confirmation jare
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2008
Well, i tot the Resend way worked for me' because i had problem registering with a Glo number* but it later went through
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by toideve(m): 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2008
i hope this ETISALAT would just be the SAVIOUR we've all been waiting for, MTN is Rubbish 0802 used to be the best but not anymore their services is just too poor nowadays its nothing to write home about and there GPRS is ZERO if ETISALAT offers 3.75G network in Egypt i dont think they should offer anything less and i hope it would be accessible unlike MTN their own 3.5G network na just by mouth i still cannot access it embarassed too bad or is there anyone who has benefited from MTN 3.5G services?, i am really having high expectation from this UAE guys make una no fall my hand ooooo wink
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Dclique(m): 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2008
LET THEM COME!!!,when am through with them,they wil fold up and go bck to egypt.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 12:00am On Sep 11, 2008
Aiyetunje:

Tried that too,  . . it says it has been sent on the site BUT it hasnot been received on the phone

See i don't think its a most that you must put their(sibs) initial number , Try yours(that is if you said it worked as i tot u said anyway) and see what happens(Just maybe they might send the passcode )!!!!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by toideve(m): 12:09am On Sep 11, 2008
@Mercy4All , I totally agree with you Zain customer Uncare has become unaccessible for the past 2 months they are no longer the best in terms of customers care, too bad. they're no longer customer friendly cry
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 12:15am On Sep 11, 2008
toideve:

@Mercy4All , I totally agree with you Zain customer Uncare has become unaccessible for the past 2 months they are no longer the best in terms of customers care, too bad. they're no longer customer friendly cry

and glo too!!! oniranu ni gbogbo wan oooooo
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femexLov(m): 12:22am On Sep 11, 2008
This etisalat are telling us to apply for their reserve no online using our current no,so what is going to happen to our current no that we used to apply?This is to mustay since you are so sure of this etisalat or anybody that can answer?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 12:30am On Sep 11, 2008
femexLov:

This etisalat are telling us to apply for their reserve no online using our current no,so what is going to happen to our current no that we used to apply?This is to mustay since you are so sure of this etisalat or anybody that can answer?

Its just for them to send the passcode to your number telling for the nature of reserved number you choose, It could be Standard,Bronze,Silver or Gold,

So you need not worry my guy!!!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femexLov(m): 12:44am On Sep 11, 2008
Thank u my man. I dey fear for my poor MTN line which used to registered for their reserve no.Make dem no block am jare cus
devil u no is better than angel u dont know his colour.But na wa o for this N5000.00k for their reserve no.We are not in the Middle East with their plenty oil money .Someone should let them know this.In Nigeria,some people salary is even below that N5000.00K.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by flyuche(m): 12:54am On Sep 11, 2008
this etisalat u choose number no de even ring before your call is answered. i hope se na so their line go de connect.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 11, 2008
I ain't no prophetess of doom, but I have this feeling they'll end up like the others--after all, they all strted well!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by mrghost: 4:49am On Sep 11, 2008
welcome on board
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 11, 2008
What's all the noise about etisalat sef. It's bullshit.
I utilized their services while in the UAE and i know what i'm talking about. I refuse to subscribe to a telecom company that has religious biasness.
They censor everything you use on the internet in the UAE (yes i know its an arab country blah blah blah, with the highest rate of prostitution in the world).
They even blocked my weightwatchers group until i sent a complain!!
They initially blocked users from using yahoo messenger. You can't even download "skype" because the website is blocked. They force everyone to use their telecom services thereby hindering the usage of free pc to pc calls via the internet.

Okay with regards to the phone calls, crap, I called naija several times and it was always difficult to converse. You might say its from the naija end but i called the U.S and it was just as terrible. There is nothing great about their service.

Don't expect anything spectacular, waste of time, stick with what u already have.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by georgee(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2008
stupid MTN, can't wait 2 throw their filthy line inside the lagoon. Can u imagine they debit me each time i send text msgs without my text being delivered,they do it on several occasions. i threatened them one day that am going 2 drop their line if i dnt get explanations for those actions, d lady rudely said "why did u call when uve already made up your mind" stupid i must say abi??
They shuld go back 2 south africa where they came frm yeye people
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by shayman(m): 7:34am On Sep 11, 2008
A word is enough for the wise? I think the problem they have to face is coming out of glo's shadow, since they have almost same branding with glo(green). Ppl will still mistake them for glo.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2008
@All, the etisalat server was dwn for some hours in d early hrs of today, still down nw. .

Hope dey get back in good time (abi dem don reach d 1st million subscriber base? Even wit out a sim yet!?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2008
georgee:

stupid MTN, can't wait 2 throw their filthy line inside the lagoon.

Can't wait to throw away their line and pick up etisalat? You better be joking. Stick with what you have. Trust me
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by showskill(m): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2008
femzy:

Its just for them to send the passcode to your number telling for the nature of reserved number you choose, It could be Standard,Bronze,Silver or Gold,

So you need not worry my guy!!!

Good Idea but Little wrong at the direction
After The line Activated, Your current number will be replaced with 0809.

However i'll advice My fellow Nairalanders to buy New Line be it Glo, Mtn, Zain and so on
Before apply for the Etisalat Numbers Otherwise Your current Number will replaced.

I Have Spoken
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by youngharry: 8:23am On Sep 11, 2008
My Goodness, My number aint going again after i activated the etisalat Number,

To those who had already activated it, Just Call your current number and hear the voices
See what i hear 'Service unavailable'.

any solution?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2008
Lol, they ain't up to that @ All. .

Replace my current line with etisalats'? Lai Lai**

If the worst come to worst I will head Ova to Celtel office and do a Sim retrieval thing. .

And am Good to go?

So, any1 else got problems with that? wink
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2008
@ youngharry

stop raising false alarms
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by brinebaba(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2008
lol
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Aiyetunje: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2008
Na wa for Nigerians o. . .

I am not claiming that Etisalat is the messiah(as I am sure many people are alos not doing) but we are simply being optimistic about their promise & potential. Afterall, isnt that the way we have all welcomed all the others? MTN, Celtel, Glo, Starcomms, Multilinks-Telkom, ZOOMobile, Visafone etc - Imagine Visafone attaining a subscriber base of 1million in 6 months? If we really dig deep, how many of those are VIRGIN mobile fone users? By virgin I mean, never had a fone before - very few I dare say. many have had a mobile fone but maybe want to try out the services, need a second line, want internet access etc. So the rush for Etisalal is just us being Nigerians and wanting to have a feel for the new entrant. This does not mean I will dump my current lines. I dont know about other people but I use my various lines for varying reasons to varying degrees (confused?, dont mind me)

So Etisalat, welcome on board!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2008
showskill:

Good Idea but Little wrong at the direction
After The line Activated, Your current number will be replaced with 0809.

However i'll advice My fellow Nairalanders to buy New Line be it Glo, Mtn, Zain and so on
Before apply for the Etisalat Numbers Otherwise Your current Number will replaced.

I Have Spoken

Replace our number ke, wo n to bee, A ma fi won jeun pa , exceptt we settle am outside court,
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Aiyetunje: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2008
08098 MUSTAY !!!

I hope etisalat don reserve am for you!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2008
youngharry:

My Goodness, My number aint going again after i activated the etisalat Number,

To those who had already activated it, Just Call your current number and hear the voices  
See what i hear 'Service unavailable'.

any solution?

You don't even know what you want.How come only you has an issue.
By the way were you forced!!!  
@Mustay; i want to believe the dude is joking jareeee grin grin
youngharry:

any solution?

Consult honsule , before you goto court to sue them
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by florishn(f): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2008
lets just hope the service will be ok
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2008
Does  SHOWSKILL know the composition of a sim/

Please Your Current SIM won't be replaced with the "unique number" you registered with Etisalat.

@ aiyetunje how you take know> grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply)

Tecno Mobile Female Marketers Twerk / Etisalat Introduces Cheaper Call Tariff Plan / Forgot Your Nokia Security Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.