Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,685 members, 7,921,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:59 AM

Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator (80837 Views)

Etisalat Nigeria Statement On Fuel Scarcity / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by cgift(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2008
my numbers: 08098-CROWNS
my wife:        08098-MYGIFT

I will kill you if you try calling my wife  angry
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2008
People why is it that most of the mobile telecommunication networks in nigeria operate mostly in africa and the middle east. Why cant they extend to the west side that we may compete with them
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by lynxnoon(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
@cgift
did u get d passcodes have not gotten mine up til now n dont know hw to contact dia customer service sad sad
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femexLov(m): 10:04pm On Sep 12, 2008
Continue trying it.I just got mine now.Start all over again from current no,email etc
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 5:02am On Sep 13, 2008
Is the site up nd running again?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by samir101ng(m): 5:38am On Sep 13, 2008
SH--T, Sh--T and double SH--T,

I just got a wonderful number 08098998080. But the useless people didnt send me my passcode. I waited and resend the sms passcode yet nothing. Now i checked the number today and it tells me that number is no longer available. To make matters worse, it was a standard sim with no cost. Aaargh !!! Feel like shooting somebody right now. Can people who have gotten their passcodes answer the following questions to make things easier for nwe comers :-

1. What time of the day did you choose your number ?

2. What particular gsm network is good for receiving the passcodes ?

Thanks.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by xheggs(m): 5:58am On Sep 13, 2008
the shit aint workin
keeps showin me some crap error message
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by sule124: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,

0809ja,

If you have reserved your numbers via the web or the IVR (Interactive Voice Response), you are expected to get a passcode which you'll use as a proof of ownership to collect your SIM. However, if you haven't gotten yours, don't you worry as your number has surely been reserved for you and you will be contacted. Moreso you will notice that your reserved number is no longer available for another person to choose.

You don't have to do it all all over again!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by dre101(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2008
Yeap, I just got my passcode cheesy
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by geolabious(m): 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2008
Is it compulsory the number should start with 08098?
I believe it should be 0809 instead 08098
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by dragnet: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2008
Sule124, and u are? Customer relations officer? undecided . . .Mind explaining why I Keep getting texts saying my passcode is null ! Since 4days nw lipsrsealed
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by lynxnoon(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2008
@sule124,
i bliv you're wokin for etisalat,  am also having d same problem wit getting passcodes; wel i hope what u said is rite sha
Also wanted to ask do u know which no. is gold, silver etc
When is your internet service starting or when r u guys going to put details about it on your site?
Cheers
PS:
please kip cheking this site often to know what most naija guys r saying about etisalat
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by zize: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2008
@everybody,wen u were reserving ur special nos,did u try reading d terms and conditionsI gues not.
Well,here's d deal,I learnt u can use ur free airtime 4 life 2 make calls outside d Etisalat network,u can even make international calls with the free air time!!!!Is that superb or whatThese guys r really mega bucks 4 real, ,
u can reach me on my super unique number 08098123456.so cool, yeah,its a golden number!!!!!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by geolabious(m): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2008
Mine is 08098FAITH
Pls dont flash me
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by geolabious(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2008
0809uchoose - Terms & Conditions

Prospect customers will be able to reserve a personal mobile number from the
0809 8 000 000 to 0809 8 999 999 number range.
Numbers are reserved on a “first come, first served” basis.
Prospects need to provide an existing mobile number for authentication. Only one
reservation per existing mobile number is possible.
Special numbers (bronze, silver, golden) are charged depending on the assumed
subscriber appeal.
Redemption of the number reserved has to take place by activating an Etisalat SIM card
within 45 days after official commercial launch.
In order to redeem the SIM, customers have to present the pass code sent through the
SMS notification and the number that they used for reservation.
Redemption can only take place in announced locations.
Free airtime for life - Terms & Conditions

The bonus minutes promotion is limited to Etisalat SIMs that have been acquired through the 0809uchoose campaign.
Initial free minutes are given upon activation.
Bonus minutes have a validity of 30 days and cannot be transferred to other mobile lines.
Subsequent minutes are credited 30 days after the previous minutes.
Crediting bonus minutes will be cancelled.
a) in case no charged event (sent SMS, charged call etc.) has taken place within
30 days.
b) the subscriber changes the tariff.
Except where stated otherwise, customers on this promotion are not eligible for any other promotion.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by dragnet: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2008
Finally got a passcode but I had to choose another 6 digits. . . . . . .
So this means if u get null as ur passcode, then the number u seek has probably been chosen so try other combinations but I Believe the site should've been programmd in a better way as regards availability of numberz undecided cUz I tried choosing an already chosen no. and it acceptd and even went as far as d "resending sms"page undecided
Geolabious, thanks for pasting that
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Fadajasi(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2008
I need to know the type of sim i reserved
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by kay8080: 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2008
wow so many talk abt Etisalat, I tink its good for the industry atleast we sud expectinf something worldclass, am happi that dis is happening in my life time.

This wud be an end to MTN sakara
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by tobs(m): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2008
AT LAST. . AFTER TRYING THE UCHOOSE ON THEìR WEBSITE. . it was saying. . the number u tried is invalid. . pls choose a six digit number 4rom the range. . i vex go buy credit on ma line. . the called the voice machine. .at last i got mine reserved. . . so if the web doesnt go. . call the machine. .
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by tobs(m): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2008
AT LAST. . AFTER TRYING THE UCHOOSE ON THEìR WEBSITE. . it was saying. . the number u tried is invalid. . pls choose a six digit number 4rom the range. . i vex go buy credit on ma line. . the called the voice machine. .at last i got mine reserved. . . so if the web doesnt go. . call the machine. .
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 2:22am On Sep 14, 2008
Still waiting to go get my sim @ their unknown office.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 2:23am On Sep 14, 2008
Still waiting to go get my sim @ their unknown office!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by samir101ng(m): 5:44am On Sep 14, 2008
Finally got my number today - 08098889099

I had to use my brothers MTN phone. Got it at 5:33 am today. The text went fia before i even finished pressing the confirm button. Anybody got today
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by elijames(m): 9:43am On Sep 14, 2008
GO JOIN THE WINNING TEAM. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN ECONET FIRST CAME, ECONET TO V-MOBILE, V-MOBILE TO CELTEL AND NOW TO ZAIN. WHAT IS GOING ON? IS NIGERIA THE ONLY NETWORK MOVING MARKET IN NIGERIA? EVERY GSM AND CDMA NETWOKS WANT TO COME HEE TO INVEST.THE TYPE OF SERVICE THEY PROVIDE HERE IS NOT THE SAME THEY PROVIDE IB THEIR COUNTRIES.THOUGH AM NOT A GLO SUBSCRIBER, BUT THEY ARE POUDLY NIGERIAN AND ARE TRYING. SO, AM AFRAID OF ALL THIS NEW GSM AND CDMA NETWORKS SPRINGING UP THIS DAYS. CAN THE HOUSE SEE MY VIEW? MOST OF THEM HAVE "SEVEN POINTS AGENDA"
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by igbsam(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2008
I reserved mine since on the 9th of Sept and am just getting my passcode. My Number is a Golden number and I have to pay 10k to collect it. Number is 08098300003.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by emiechat: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2008
Welcome Etisalat, we're ready to talk. Nairalanders expect better services from etisalat like you've never experienced from any other service provider.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by zize: 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2008
Guys,hav u heard the latest from ETISALAT? It's this hot jamz done for Etisalat by Banky-W!!! I heard it this morning on 1 cool fm, men it's da bomb!!!!!Deses guys r realy spending good cash on quality stuff!!!!!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by elctroguru(m): 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2008
cool network I guess. I want to get my own customized etisalat num now
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by vislabraye(m): 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2008
I hope they would be a BIG challenge. A word of advice to them: Include WAP and GPRS service. For a network like zain, i can't say how useless they are. They should be getting better, but the reverse is the case. up till this date, they cannot let their customers enjoy the4se services. How pathetic
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Africankel(m): 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2008
Hello, How did you guys get 08098YOURNAME?, Been wondering how someone is gonna call u on that?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by naylove(m): 8:41pm On Sep 14, 2008
whats with this etisalat u choose  thing. av been trying to reserve a number and men , the page just keeps speaking jargons. i hope this is not indicative of the service they plan to roll out out. coz it if is, we might just be having another unfortunate addition to the list of crappy mobile networks that exist. someone look up the site to confirm.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by naylove(m): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2008
naylove:

whats with this etisalat u choose  thing. av been trying to reserve a number and men , the page just keeps speaking jargons. i hope this is not indicative of the service they plan to roll out out. because it if is, we might just be having another unfortunate addition to the list of crappy mobile networks that exist. someone look up the site to confirm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply)

Tecno Mobile Female Marketers Twerk / Etisalat Introduces Cheaper Call Tariff Plan / Forgot Your Nokia Security Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.