Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,338 members, 7,971,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 04:06 AM

Web Critics - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Critics (707 Views)

Critics Needed / New Website, Your Critics / New Website For The Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Critics by smartsoft(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
i need critics, on this website i just created,  any critics, before i start slicing it out,  thanks, www.zeembs.com
Re: Web Critics by quadrillio(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2008
Nice work keep it up you're getting there
Re: Web Critics by charliebiz(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2008
well done.
Re: Web Critics by Farriel(m): 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2008
Well, its hard to critic what is still more of an image than an actual webpage. (At least from a purely webdev angle so as to give a real analysis.)

The design itself is turning up nicely, but I think its quite sparse and needs just a little more detail. Your navigation is barely noticeable and can easily be overlooked. I think maybe a change of font and colour might do the trick. Or maybe its just because its an image and appears somewhat blurred. At this time, one cannot comment on the hover and current states so that can slide past. Again, the spaces between the links are not even.

Futhermore, I dont think the logo should sit beside the banner. It should stand out and be spotted, not viewed as part of a rotating banner.

As regards layout in general, I'll suggest you slice up your images a bit smaller and use divs for blank spaces, so the page downloads faster. I can see your layout is just made up of huge chunks of images. Of course every text should be a text and every image should be an image. There really shouldn't be imagetexts.

The bg colour could be a tad darker. Right now its too similar to the primary colours of the layout and somehow dulls the general look of it. I think a white background or grey that's a shade darker than what you have already will be ideal.

Footer shouldn't be that high unless it really needs to. There are other number of things I spot but right now these are just the few that catch the eye (my eye wink).

Hope this is helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Use Vista To Design Website? / Who Does General I.t, We Definitely Do / The New Flash Cs4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.