Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:30 PM

Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator (3744 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Religion Section 'awards Night' / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by MissyB1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2008
A.K.O is our moderator?Good!!

I stil think Mukina should have no biznez wit d christian sec  anymore. 
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by Cayon(f): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2008
miss B

you not giving up on that fine print eh. lol grin
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by KunleOshob(m): 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2008
AKO moderator i hope my posts are safe O!!!! besides he might demand we start paying tithes before we can post in the christian section tongue
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by MissyB1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2008
Cayon:

miss B

you not giving up on that fine print eh.  lol grin
I so meant it ma sis
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by Busybody2(f): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
m_nwankwo:

Thanks Chrisbenogor for recommending me.  However I do not consider myself qualified. Besides I do not agree with the idea of a moderator for religious section. Although the adminstrator has provided one for our moslem brothers, I still consider it a wrong step. Members should be able to share their faith and convictions without a moderator. Each member irrespective of his or her religious convictions are at different levels of spiritual growth and it is not abnormal that dissentions will arise. It is also not unlikely that discussions will atimes degenerate into personal attacks of individuals or their beliefs. However that  is not enough justification to create a moderator. We are responsible to God for whatever we do including our submissions on nairaland.  If acrimony and bitterness are reflected in our posts, that is a reminder that we have weaknesses and we should seek Gods help to overcome the weaknesses. Challenges to our faith and even our person brings out the strength and the weakness in us, strengths and weaknesses we are not even conscious of until now. It is left for each member to eliminate his or her weakness so as to become a human being pleasing to God. Therefore, my view is that each of us should practice self moderation as that is the only way to mature and respect others views even when you disagree with it. The religious forum on nairaland is a wonderful opportunity for us to recognise aspects of our nature that are not pleasing to God. Moderation, explicit or implicit censorship will eliminate this opportunity. I suggest that no moderator should be created for any religious belief on nairaland. Thus I also suggest that the moslem section should be moved back to the religious section and the role of a moderator made redundant.       

I have to say I gree with this write-up. Because the Muslims demanded to have one, the Christians too are having a "throwing out the toy out of the pram" tantrum and "I want one too" mentality. ORISIRISI. sad With religions like these, who needs . . .  undecided
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by AKO1(m): 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2008
Thanks for the congratses

Kunleoshob, I am a moderator not a "super rich holy businessman"!! wink wink tongue tongue
No, you wont have to pay any tithes or offerings.

M_mwankwo, I respect your views but please note that insults are not tolerated in any section of nairaland. It is not peculiar to the religion section alone.
Also, remember that religion and politics are the two subjects of discourse that cause the worst fights in any argument.
You say "The religious forum on nairaland is a wonderful opportunity for us to recognise aspects of our nature that are not pleasing to God". This is what I make from that statement. Lets assume 'our' is first person and second person, since you were not specific. If the wisdom in certain posts on Nairaland shows me areas where I have flaws, I should be honest with myself and determine to change with god's help. I dont see how that amounts to calling anyone names. On the other hand, if a post/post(s) shows me aspects in another person's nature that are not pleasing to God, I don't have to call them names because of that.

Or is there something I'm missing out?
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
congrats A K O. grin My posts will now disappear one by one.

M_Nwankwo i totally disagree with you. I used to be of the mindset that we didnt need a moderator for the christian section but it seems we now dont have a choice. Muslims, athiests and others who havent made up their minds where they fall now use the christian boards as avenues to express their angst since the muslim section is off-limits for them.

There shld be a control on how many threads these folks who claim not to believe God exists (and yet seem to post ONLY on the religious section) are able to ruin.

Thank you.
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by AKO1(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2008
David one of my challenges is that the religion section is not exclusive to christianity.

So aetheists et.al. are still allowed to air their opposing opinions.

I can't delete every single post that opposes christianity because that is intolerance.

But I wont tolerate anything that gets personal.
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by dgreatrock(m): 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2008
since i am a pastor i recommend myself. sad
Re: Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator by AKO1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
dgreatrock:

since i am a pastor i recommend myself. sad

Too late! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Gov. El-rufai Bans Christians From Preaching In Kaduna / Pastor Sued For False Prophecy After Collecting $20,000 & SUV From A Member / 5 Reasons Why Science Fiction And Religion Do Not Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.