Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,513 members, 7,911,256 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:22 AM

Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions (7409 Views)

Women In Islam, Christianity And Judaism / ITS ALL YOUR Fault:traditionalist Blames Societal Crimes On Islam & Christianity / what (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
Dude I asked questions and came up with a premise that it was a myth not a theory or a law and left it open for others to say what they think about the questions and give their own premise if you are not happy with the way it is then split its that simple.
If you mistook my personally asking for your opinion as forcing I am awfully sorry and I release you from the bondage you can go away now.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Dude I asked questions and came up with a premise that it was a myth not a theory or a law and left it open for others to say what they think about the questions and give their own premise if you are not happy with the way it is then split its that simple.

You didnt come up with a "premise". That is your default position. All this hoopla about "left it for others to say what they think" is BS.
What you really want is a "bible bashing" spree . . . you're just feeling bad everyone is ignoring you.

Like i said earlier, believing the bible is true or a myth is a matter of choice. Why do you want responses BY FORCE?

I asked a valid question earlier - why the inordinate fascination with a myth? Are you so fascinated by buddha's book too? Go read a novel or sleep.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2008
mazaje:

you said salvation is not by force and i pointed verses to show you that in the old testament it used to be by force its either you worship the hebrew god and keep his commandedments or he kills you, the hebrew god killed people because of their unbelief. . . . . . . so the hebrew god has every right to kill people who came to displace sinners abi. . . . . why doesnt he send lions on we the athiest for displacing his people now?. . . . . . .

and i also showed you that you did not understand the verse you claim to have pointed out. The Assyrians carried the Jews away captive and dispossessed them of their land, Samaria. they became fair targets for killing the minute they did that. Its just that simple.

mazaje:

here is another sensless killing from the hebrew god of people just because they do not worship him . . . . . . god will kill children and unborn fetuses because their parents worship other gods (Hosea 13:16). more to come. . . . . .

More to come ke? grin Isnt it interesting how much time you all waste on this MYTH?

enjoy your merry-go-round.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
@david bible bashing spree! Are you so insecure? I think you need to check with an eye doctor because I remember putting the muslim position too why the flippin hell can you not even be fair.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david bible bashing spree! Are you so insecure? I think you need to check with an eye doctor because I remember putting the muslim position too why the flippin hell can you not even be fair.

insecure about what? What has your unbelief got to do with me? grin
My brother, if you burn my bible now i will simply go buy a new one . . . no shaking. You think i give a fig what you believe?
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

and i also showed you that you did not understand the verse you claim to have pointed out. The Assyrians carried the Jews away captive and dispossessed them of their land, Samaria. they became fair targets for killing the minute they did that. Its just that simple.

More to come ke? grin Isnt it interesting how much time you all waste on this MYTH?

You should be ashamed of your self, you said salvation is not by force and i pointed out to you the fact that salvation used to be by force in the old testament, its either you serve and obey the hebrew god or he kills you, if he does'nt kill you he will hand you over to your enemies for your disobidience or lack of worship. . . .  now that the moral ziegiest has shifted the new hebrew god of the new testament always try to underscore the issue of free will. . . . there was no free when it came to the hebrew god of the old testament  its either you obey him of get killed by him or his prophets. . . . . . . . of course its a myth because of the 360 degree U turn the hebrew god took as humanity changed. . . . . . . .

here are more of his laws and threats
If ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you. And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins. And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass: And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits. And if ye will contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate. And if ye will not be reformed by me by these things, but will walk contrary unto me; Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins. And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy. And when I have broken the staff of your bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall deliver you your bread again by weight: and ye shall eat, and not be satisfied. And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you. And I will make your cities waste and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours. And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it. And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste. Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies’ land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths. As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it. And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth. And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies. And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up. And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies’ lands and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them. (Leviticus 26:14-39, reworded in Deuteronomy 28:15-68).
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
Mazaje, break your head on a wall if you want. grin
I dont care.

If you need more space to vent your wrath on a God you believe doesnt even exist pls feel free to use the ocean.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

became fair targets ko? what about those that the hebrew god ordered to capture other people's land? In a series of miscellaneous ethnic cleansings, God delivers Jerusalem to Judah and the Israelites. They kill 10,000 Canaanites and Perizzites in Bezek (Judges 1:2-cool. Later, God accompanies Judah when he destroys the cities and kills the inhabitants of Zephath, Gaza, Askelon, Ekron, and Luz (Judges 1:17-26). When Ehud announces that God has delivered the Moabites into the hands of his chosen people, they march to Moab and slay 10,000 men (Judges 3:26-29). God delivers Sihon and the Amorites to be murdered by Jephthah and the Israelites (Judges 11:21-23). God delivers twenty men to be slaughtered by Jonathan (1 Samuel 12:14). As God orders David to exterminate a few Philistines delivered into his hands, David does so and takes their cattle as well (1 Samuel 23:2-5). As God orders David to kill more Philistines recently delivered into his hands, David accepts God’s gift once again and kills more Philistines in two additional battles (2 Samuel 5:19-25). God delivers the Syrians to the people of Israel in order for them to murder 100,000 foreigners. Twenty-seven thousand Syrians escaped but were killed when a wall fell on them (1 Kings 20:28-30)! Likewise, God delivers the Moabites into the hands of Israel once again. The army of Israelites destroys the city of Moab along with an unknown number of its inhabitants. These instigations force the King to kill his own son as an offering in order for the hostilities to cease (2 Kings 18:27)
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2008
@david wow didn't know you had super powers, "left it for others to say is BS" lol mind reading at its worst, its actually a shame that you come to the rescue of every thread that tries in any way to question your religion but you go about it in a very not so eye catching way. If you ask me I would say you sound like the hebrew old testament God right now really mean spirited, I do not think Jesus would answer me the way you are . But oh wait he is the new testament God seems you are stuck in the old ways dawg you are way overdue for an upgrade.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

Mazaje, break your head on a wall if you want. grin
I don't care.

If you need more space to vent your wrath on a God you believe doesnt even exist please feel free to use the ocean.

haka ko?. . . .  the bottom line still remains that salvation used to be by force in the old testament, its either you obey the manovalent and vindictive hebrew god and keep his commandments or he kills/ maim you simple. . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david wow didn't know you had super powers, "left it for others to say is BS" lol mind reading at its worst, its actually a shame that you come to the rescue of every thread that tries in any way to question your religion but you go about it in a very not so eye catching way. If you ask me I would say you sound like the hebrew old testament God right now really mean spirited, I do not think Jesus would answer me the way you are . But oh wait he is the new testament God seems you are stuck in the old ways dawg you are way overdue for an upgrade.

he needs to upgrade to the new testament and turn the other chick like jesus said. . . . . he is currently behaving like the bitter old hebrew god
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2008
Ok nobody cares what anybody thinks, what nonsense what are you doing here I have said it a zillion times go oh!
You are crouched in front of your computer every night replying to posts by people who do not believe in God and you do not care what rubbish.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2008
na wa o. See this athiests want to hang themselves over cain and abel? grin Easy o bros.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
@david Seriously though I dey feel for you, you sit in front of a computer every night frantically trying to plug every hole in the big lies that have been told for ages. You are quite adept for the job only problem is the holes are appearing faster than you can block them and last I checked more of them popped open. Its a losing war you are fighting and rather than waste your time here go over to the gullible people and give them a piece of your shit to swallow.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
plugging which holes? cheesy
Have you seen me plugging any for quite a while? I rather enjoy the desperate attempts you guys make at disproving the bible even though you keep claiming its a myth.

Why would you spend 24hrs in a day on a thread about cain and abel who died 6000 yrs ago? shocked cheesy

O boy i just stroll here to have fun at your expense. I can just see you hitting your head on ur screen. no break am o! cheesy
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2008
Davidylan i don't catch you dey lie here is what you said. . . . .

here is what the bible  said. . . . . . Cities of Israel Filled with Strangers

2nd kings  21When He had torn Israel from the house of David, they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king. Then Jeroboam drove Israel away from following the LORD and made them commit a great sin. 22The sons of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they did not depart from them 23until the LORD removed Israel from His sight, as He spoke through all His servants the prophets. So Israel was carried away into exile from their own land to Assyria until this day.

24The king of Assyria brought men from Babylon and from Cuthah and from Avva and from Hamath and Sepharvaim, and settled them in the cities of Samaria in place of the sons of Israel. So they possessed Samaria and lived in its cities. 25At the beginning of their living there, they did not fear the LORD; therefore the LORD sent lions among them which killed some of them. 26So they spoke to the king of Assyria, saying, "The nations whom you have carried away into exile in the cities of Samaria do not know the custom of the god of the land; so he has sent lions among them, and behold, they kill them because they do not know the custom of the god of the land."

There is no justification for all the evil acts the hebrew god carried out on the assyrians. . .  but since you are still in the old testament mood you can keep on justifying his actions by saying they are fair targets. . . . .  cheesy cheesy cheesy fair targets indeed. . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2008
Mazaje, you still read that book of myths? Abeg burn your copy when you are done.
I dont respond to fools anymore. cheesy

Lets just enjoy you both stew over cai, abel and the assyrians.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2008
davidylan:

Mazaje, you still read that book of myths? Abeg burn your copy when you are done.
I don't respond to fools anymore. cheesy

Lets just enjoy you both stew over cai, abel and the assyrians.

haba davidylan why all the insults? Me na RPG i go send to you no be lions ohh, so you better not provoke me else . . . . . my wrath is not something that you will like to experience grin grin, i am not like your hebrew god that sends lions, i send worse things grin grin grin grin. . . . you said they were fair targets abi. . . . . that statement still dey make me laugh. . . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hitting my head on the screen! Far from it dawg, sitting on my couch smart phone in hand watching bba 3 with a bottle of beer, life is good man.
I am still stunned you did not even acknowledge that I put the muslims perspective, just goes to show how paranoid you are.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Lady2(f): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2008
1. Why did God prefer Abel's offering?

Since when does God answer to man? It was pleasing to him.

2. How could cain have wrapped his mind around the concept of murder?

How do you wrap your mind around the concept of murder? Was murder taught to you? How did the lessons go? Are you a master at it now?

3. What was the mark of cain, and why did God have to put a mark on since there were no other people on the earth.

A thunder bolt like in Harry Porter.
Where does it state that there were no other people on earth? Don't use your own assumptions in understanding Scripture

4. Cain goes ahead to marry, where did she come from?

Edo State, Benin city to be precise.

5. Why did God even protect Cain if  it was a murder?

Maybe love? It makes you do some crazy things, well according to human view anyway.

Christian and Islamic Apologists get your thinking caps on because I say this story was just a myth what do you think.

Are you satisfied now?

Seriously dude, stop using the human mind to understand the divine. You don't want to accept it, fine. Move along and allow us to be in peace. There's too much problems in the world for us to be bothered by your mentallity.

Peace.

What if it comes and you discover that allah is the creator of the heaven and the earth and that mohammed is his last messenger? what will you do then?. . . . . . . . . .

God doesn't contradict himself. He is not bound to time and he certainly won't get historical facts incorrect. He is not a magician so he needs not have an "illusion" as the claim is that God simply made it look like Jesus was crucified. He is not a deceiver, that claim is deceitful. wink
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ lady you not fit quote again. . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Lady2(f): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ lady you not fit quote again. . . . .

Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2008
~Lady~:

kiss
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2008
@lady thanks for you answers here is what I think
1) God does not have to answer man but I think what cain did wrong would be a very important lesson in the story whats strange is how all the versions from all the religions missed that point too, more than a coincidence for me. If you say that like the bible pointed out that cain was jealous then the story begins to make a bit of sense.
2) Although your second question I feel was a little of a personal attack here is what I think, most kids do not know about it until they are told or they have watched it on tv, I am not a biologist and I cannot say for certain if we are born with the instinct but remember at that time it was not something they could have understood, like the islamic version a raven was sent down to teach cain how to bury his brother's body, it doesnt seem to me like he knew so much.
3.) Thunder bolt gee smiley ok, the bible does not state that there were other people either if there were then who were they? I did not assume I asked feel freee to enlighten me.
4.) I am not even going to answer that lol
5.) Yeah I guess you are right maybe love, in the new testament that would have fit in well but in the old testament I doubt its possible anyway.
6.) Are you saying the way you understand it is the divine way thats not such a good excuse.
And finally I do not think that a God should be bound by time or get historical facts incorrect, reason is simple he did not write these things himself, if he did then he would certainly stated that the earth was created some 4.5 billion years ago. My guess is moses was inspired but not God hence these mistakes.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Lady2(f): 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2008
@lady thanks for you answers here is what I think

You're welcome.
By the way I answered you the way I did, because this is a ridiculous thread (no offense) but you came off attacking the belief. That is not a productive way to get answers. That is the reason why you didn't get answers and you received sarcasm from me.

1) God does not have to answer man but I think what cain did wrong would be a very important lesson in the story whats strange is how all the versions from all the religions missed that point too, more than a coincidence for me. If you say that like the bible pointed out that cain was jealous then the story begins to make a bit of sense.

That has always been the point. It never changed. By the way I could careless about the other religions, would like to know which ones you're referring to, if Judaism, that has always been their point, but as for Islam, well I won't even venture there.

2) Although your second question I feel was a little of a personal attack here is what I think, most kids do not know about it until they are told or they have watched it on tv, I am not a biologist and I cannot say for certain if we are born with the instinct but remember at that time it was not something they could have understood, like the islamic version a raven was sent down to teach cain how to bury his brother's body, it doesnt seem to me like he knew so much.

It was a personal attack.
I responded to a ridiculous question.
How do you know that his parents didn't tell him about it. After all our parents are responsible for teaching us about laws or dos and don'ts.
I think you don't give Adam and Eve enough credit, they probably weren't stupid. Ever heard the saying "nothing is new under the sun"? While you may be thinking that they probably didn't understand it as you and I do now, does not mean that it was not apparent to them. After all unclothedness was apparent to the. It's not rocket science. The opposite of life is death, the opposite of love is anger, anger leads you to do wrongful things. It is human nature. There needs not be teaching on it. There are people that haven't heard of the Bible (some parts of Africa and the amazon) or haven't engaged with civilization as we know it, yet they know that when a snake bites, it is venomous. It is called human instinct, we all have it. It is a part of natural law. Christianity does not condemn natural law you know. Well at least Catholic Christians don't.

As for the Islamic version, lol. Well I guess they even need to explain with some sort of human explanation, even with natural law. Sheesh. It's natural law for goodness sake.

3.) Thunder bolt gee ok, the bible does not state that there were other people either if there were then who were they? I did not assume I asked feel freee to enlighten me.

We do not know. But it is quite irrelevant to the message to be gotten from the story. The Bible does not need to start pinpointing and naming people that existed at that time. The Bible tells us that Adam and Eve had more children other than Cain and Abel, but their names were not mentioned, why? because the point was about the jealousy of a brother to another and the result of jealousy and the consequence of the result.

5.) Yeah I guess you are right maybe love, in the new testament that would have fit in well but in the old testament I doubt its possible anyway.

Then you haven't read fully the Old Testament. Infact the Old Testament is full of the Love of God. You have it in your mind that God decides to kill people that don't believe in him. Well do you know that there were many times the Isrealites worshipped other gods? Why didn't God erase them from the face of earth? Because of love. ANd it's not like they only did it once, they did it many times. Yet he was full of forgiveness and came up with many ways to rescue them from their sins, until he was to send the ultimate ransom, his Word in the flesh.
The thing of the old testament is that the concept of all that was done never goes away, for example the law, but the methods were to be done away with. For example the sacrifice of the lamb to atone for sins all the time or at least once a year, was a method that was done away with but the concept of the sacrifice for atonement was not. Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice, and therefore no more lambs or goats or whatever were to be slaughtered at the altar.
The laws in the Old Testament all derive from the ten commandments, they're just in more detail, but they all have one root and that is the ten commandments. Christ fulfilled that law, and set the proper interpretation for it, after it was abused by the Isrealites many many times and misinterpreted by them.

There is a saying that the Old Testament is the New Testament, hidden. And the New Testament is the Old testament, revealed. I hope you understand that.

Are you saying the way you understand it is the divine way thats not such a good excuse.

No I am saying that no one should use the human way of reasoning "seeing is believing" to define the divine. Believe me my reasoning is not divine. I am still very faulty. I rely on God's guidance.

And finally I do not think that a God should be bound by time or get historical facts incorrect, reason is simple he did not write these things himself

My point exactly. That is exactly why I said that allah isn't the true God. He is too faulty, and gets historical facts incorrect. Yeah the Bible is still debatable, but the apparent facts that all mankind know that are not dated back to the first year are well documented, and those are the facts that allah got wrong. Ask any muslim, they will tell you that nothing has changed in the quran, as it was recited to muhammad so is it documented. With that claim, I know that allah isn't God, but human.

As for the Bible we never stated that God himself wrote the words down. We've always held that the writers were inspired, and only those things that God wished to be written was written down.
The "errors" that may arise are mostly from copyists mistakes, and not from God being wrong, and these mistakes are very rare. They do not undermine the meanings of the Bible. The most someone can come up with is a word missing here and there, and that's it. But the message has never been changed. That is a fact, since you like dealing in facts.

My guess is moses was inspired but not God hence these mistakes.

Well this is a true statement, Moses was inspired by God. God wasn't inspired, He is Inspiration itself. Inspiration cannot be inspired by something else.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2008
lady are you a catholic?. . . . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
@lady
Good points but I think the bible is faulty with historical facts too so don't be too quick to blame only allah, you say the question I asked is ridiculous but the story of cain and abel is big in christianity.
There is historical evidence that the story of cain and abel was already on before moses was born and was widely known in ancient egypt, do you think some of it might have crept in?
Anyway thanks for your input have a good night.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by olabowale(m): 12:20am On Sep 09, 2008
@~Lady~: The young woman who got joke. Except that the joke is stale! Read and learn so that you may recognized truth apart from your Biblical falacies!

It was a personal attack.
I responded to a ridiculous question.

And your response was worse than ridiculous, coupled with blatant dishonesty. Infact, what you are doing is going by conjecture, without any real proof that anyone can sink any tooth or teeth in.

How do you know that his parents didn't tell him about it. After all our parents are responsible for teaching us about laws or dos and don'ts.

Is there a single proof from your Bible, catholic or its protestant version that Adam and or Eve told Cain how to murder and please point it out to me  if they tolf him how to bury a dead body! The rest of us are very certain that no human had ever died and there was no need for burial ritual for Cain to learn of how to bury anyone. Please explain yourself instead of just taking potshots. Lets learn from your Bible and not from what you are now capable of culling out on your own!

I think you don't give Adam and Eve enough credit, they probably weren't stupid. Ever heard the saying "nothing is new under the sun"? While you may be thinking that they probably didn't understand it as you and I do now, does not mean that it was not apparent to them.

Was there everything under the sun clearly known? Please explain to me the nature of human soul. Everyone has a soul, yet no one can give its true nature. Since you have claimed that Adam and Eve knew fully well everything, without anything unknown to them, please tell me how was it that they were lied to so easily by Satan that they eat the fruit? I am not bringing Islam to this. The Bible said that Adam blamed the woman. Now, woman you have some explaining to do.

After all unclothedness was apparent to them. It's not rocket science.

It is rocket science because the unclothedness that you said is apparent to them did not happen in the open and uncontrolled earth. That is if we use your Bible. It was in the Garden of Eden, wasn't it? Wasn't it not that people were supposed to not experience death, if our parents were not kicked out of the Garden? Wasn't it a known fact that deah is only introduced to man's earthly equation, after the Garden episode? It is very clear that there was no way that they knew anything about death when they were in the Garden. The thing not new under the garden of Eden sun was not death. It was actually unknown to them.

The opposite of life is death, the opposite of love is anger, anger leads you to do wrongful things. It is human nature. There needs not be teaching on it.

New babies have to be taught how to take the mother's nipple, for the first time. That has to be learnt and they just dont come out ready to suckle! Your human nature idea just does not add up. There are something in human nature that have to be learn by awaking the instinct that deal with it!

There are people that haven't heard of the Bible (some parts of Africa and the amazon) or haven't engaged with civilization as we know it, yet they know that when a snake bites, it is venomous.

And long time before the Bible, your book of yrdstick, humans have known that some snakes are venomous. And it is not all snakes that can kill or have venom in them! There are snakes that are pets by even lyoung children! The Bible is not the book you should put forward for the whole world! Please, woman.

It is called human instinct, we all have it. It is a part of natural law. Christianity does not condemn natural law you know. Well at least Catholic Christians don't.

There are limited instinct in the overall human instinct. Natural law calls for male and female productive materials to come together so that a baby can be born! Therefore to beget a child by a woman for an entity without the sexual material of theat Entity mixing together with that of the woman begs your natural law, which you said that is not condemned by Christianity! I guess the begetting is a dudd!

As for the Islamic version, lol. Well I guess they even need to explain with some sort of human explanation, even with natural law. Sheesh. It's natural law for goodness sake.

Laugh all you want. I guess many people in the past have laughed at the truth. Remember the people who were laughed at Noah and his vessel? And in all your laugheter, after you finally come down to earth, please tell us how you can show us Cain was well aquinted with how to bury a person? Was there a death in the family before? Did he not carry his dead brother around for sometime before he buried him? Why did he? Why was the burial not so immediately after he was dead? Can you tell us if his parents held out the information of how to bury a body, for all that time and all of a sudden they decided to tell him so that he may finally bury him? Did they participate in the burial of their own son?

Lady, you have no idea of the amount of lack of true information that your piece have shown! When you calm down, I will teach you the reality of the early human on earth! I will teach you that human specie created among all the creations. No one can tell me that there was sex between Adam and Eve until they were out of the garden, into the real world! Same condition about death and burial! The animals who have been here in the real world are way before us are actually some of our teachers, in the things that we now do.

Before human began to hunt and kill for his meat supplies, the animals have been masters of it. We learnt from them, since your Bible said that we only eat fruits in your Garden of eden, somewhere in Iraq! Now am laughing because I need somebody to point to the exact location of the Garden of Eden and what happened to the Apple tree that caused so much mayhem! Now am waiting to read from you.

I will laugh at every poor assumptions that you make. But not the haha because I still love you.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 09, 2008
Lady has time. grin This fellows here have already made up their minds, telling them long stories isnt going to change it.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 2:16am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

Lady has time. grin This fellows here have already made up their minds, telling them long stories isnt going to change it.

Just the way you have made up your mind not to believe in the arabic god called allah. . . . . . and the other gods. . . . . . .
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 09, 2008
mazaje:

Just the way you have made up your mind not to believe in the arabic god called allah. . . . . . and the other gods. . . . . . .

i don talk am since. its a matter of choice.
Re: Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions by mazaje(m): 2:22am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

i don talk am since. its a matter of choice.

good. . . . . . . . . what part of naija are you from davidylan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. / Photos: Pastor Ayas Of Ghana Surrenders To Olumba Olumba Obu / Flying In My Dreams To Escape Harm. Is It Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.